Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

7-7-7 was a lucky day!!

Topic closed. 185 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2007, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange that everyone here talks all the time about wanting and waiting to win a jackpot (we cheer each other on, for pete's sake! ) and then when someone does (the jury's still out on this one?) a lot of folks will be the first ones to rain on your parade. If I ever won a jackpot you can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn't spread the news, not only because I want to remain anonymous but because from the sounds of it, no one would believe me on here anyway. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but you know who you are. The tone of this thread isn't what it should be if this was truly andrew's lucky day. 

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2007, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange that everyone here talks all the time about wanting and waiting to win a jackpot (we cheer each other on, for pete's sake! ) and then when someone does (the jury's still out on this one?) a lot of folks will be the first ones to rain on your parade. If I ever won a jackpot you can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn't spread the news, not only because I want to remain anonymous but because from the sounds of it, no one would believe me on here anyway. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but you know who you are. The tone of this thread isn't what it should be if this was truly andrew's lucky day. 

Honey dear....There's a difference between someone just happens to post a win for the sake of making people feel comfortable about their betting habits, and ones like you who is a veteran on this board coming out saying you won.

I thin the case would be solved immediately if somebody who is been stickin around for a while and makes a claim, than just someone out of the blue.

Again..I could be wrong...but my gut feelin says no.

I sound like Delores for a second...lol Who loves ya?

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31363 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

If I won 1mil$ - I assure you I wouldn't join a forum JUST to post it.  Seems strange.  If I did win and decide to post I would show ticket. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2007, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

After reading rubblehead's lottery whining about the lottery winner i wanted to quit LP.

What's stopping you?

I don't think any post could ever make me want to quit LP, but if I did I would just stop posting.

THE END!Thud

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
          Charleston
          United States
          Member #1990
          August 5, 2003
          1675 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2007, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

If I won 1mil$ - I assure you I wouldn't join a forum JUST to post it.  Seems strange.  If I did win and decide to post I would show ticket. 

My thoughts exactly Em!!!

I Agree!

PS...that date was GOOD LUCK for me and I posted it...not a million dollar win, but a $250.00 win was good enough for me.

7/7/2007XXXXXXXXSC Midday 12:30PM Pick 31$0.25$0.25N0-5-7

07/07/07 WAS GOOD LUCK FOR ME TODAY!!!

NO ONE OFF ITIS TODAY!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS!!!

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Lottolaughs - I would definitely believe youLovies

Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face (and that would be okay) but I was only using logic.  Someone claims his Dad dropped over on Tues to help him with a pool umbrella.  Dad had to go to Home Depot to get something and the son asked him to pick up a raffle ticket.  I guess then everyone forgot about it. (Yes, that's entirely possible.)

At least 303,000 tickets were sold because #302,978 won $500.  So take 180,867 (the $1M winner)& figure the ticket was bought some time in the afternoon on Tues if you follow the story. Maybe not, but it wasn't first thing in the morning.  So at least another 123,000 were purchased AFTER Andrew's Dad bought the ticket and you need to add the number of tickets bought during the morning commute.  So even though the game began May 21, almost half of the total were sold on one day?  (Again, that's possible.) 

What didn't make sense to me is that a person who just won a million bucks wouldn't have driven over to his Dad's house to get his ticket.  As much as I love & trust some people, if I found out I just won $1M, I'd be over in a flash. Wouldn't you just want to see it out of sheer excitement?  I wouldn't say "See you after you get back from Atlantic City" and then sit down and calmly post my story on the internet. 

Again, we've read stranger stories on LP, so maybe you are right, but I'm still very skeptical.

United States
              Member #51688
              April 19, 2007
              200 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2007, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who play the lottery and sometimes think "I'll never win", keep playing!!!!

I was one of those people until today. Here's my story:

My dad came over my house on Tuesday and I had just bought an umbrella for my pool, but it needed to be weighted down, so my father was going to go to Home Depot, I asked if he had gotten a $1,000,000  Independance day NJ lottery ticket yet and he said "no". I told him to pick one up for us and didn't think twice about it until he called me to check the number. We are now $1,000,000 richer (less Uncle Sams 25 percent cut). Luckily there's NO state tax on lottery winnings in NJ, so we gte to keep more of it.

The moral of the story is "Somebody always wins and it can be you!!!!

For those of you who might not believe this post, you can check the winner in a few days. The winning ticket bought in Howell NJ will have a last name that starts with the letters MO-----

Dude.......I  would  enjoy  my  money  if  I  was  you  and  as  far  as  posting  my  winning  ticket  for  what ??/

you  dont  have  to  prove  anything  to  anyone  now  or  in  the  future :

your  life  is  your  business  , I  would  just  keep  my  money and  live  a  better  life  ...posting  my  ticket  won't  do  a  damm  thing 

for  anyone  or  yourself ,but  if  you  want  to  thats  up  to  you ;

like  i  said  in  my  first  post  on  this  subject  spend  your  money  wisely  and  be  thankful .........................you  got  a  lot  on  your  plate  right now  and  don't  need  any  negative  issues:Mail For You

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                Member #12416
                March 13, 2005
                564 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2007, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Lottolaughs - I would definitely believe youLovies

Maybe I'll end up with egg on my face (and that would be okay) but I was only using logic.  Someone claims his Dad dropped over on Tues to help him with a pool umbrella.  Dad had to go to Home Depot to get something and the son asked him to pick up a raffle ticket.  I guess then everyone forgot about it. (Yes, that's entirely possible.)

At least 303,000 tickets were sold because #302,978 won $500.  So take 180,867 (the $1M winner)& figure the ticket was bought some time in the afternoon on Tues if you follow the story. Maybe not, but it wasn't first thing in the morning.  So at least another 123,000 were purchased AFTER Andrew's Dad bought the ticket and you need to add the number of tickets bought during the morning commute.  So even though the game began May 21, almost half of the total were sold on one day?  (Again, that's possible.) 

What didn't make sense to me is that a person who just won a million bucks wouldn't have driven over to his Dad's house to get his ticket.  As much as I love & trust some people, if I found out I just won $1M, I'd be over in a flash. Wouldn't you just want to see it out of sheer excitement?  I wouldn't say "See you after you get back from Atlantic City" and then sit down and calmly post my story on the internet. 

Again, we've read stranger stories on LP, so maybe you are right, but I'm still very skeptical.

It's hard to figure when one of those raffle tickets were actually purchased.....a Friend of mine thought she missed he opportunity to purchase a one for the last game, but she found a little Party Store owner that had printed some "extra" tickets before they were sold out......

Guess the store owner knew some of his Customers were gonna be late to get to the store, so he still had some to sell after they were "sold out"....

Just thought I'd share that story.......thought it was pretty clever of the Store owner, and his customers were happy......not sure how many "extra" he printed, but he sold them all ....she went back to get another one for a Friend and they were gone.

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2007, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing, we;reallwinners.  I've heard of that happening, so it's entirely possible.  However, those tickets are printed in order unlike quick picks for other games and they can't be cancelled.  He was taking quite a chance because they're $20 each.  Hmm..now that you brought that up, it makes a lot of sense that someone could have bought a ticket out of sequence.

I've already written too much on this subject, but I actually don't agree with what the store owner did. That's like a store manager saving scratch tickets for special customers, which is also wrong.  It's just the way I feel about gambling. The raffle games always give players at least a month to buy their tickets. You snooze, you lose.  This isn't sour grapes on my part just because I didn't win anything. The lottery is a game of chance and each individual player should have an equal shot at winning.  When the Lottery announces "Sold Out" it should apply to everyone.  I realize stores often run PB and MM tickets ahead of time when it's very busy, but there have never been long lines for the Raffle Tickets AFAIK.

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                    Member #12416
                    March 13, 2005
                    564 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2007, 12:29 am - IP Logged

yeah, I agree......I see some store owners taking 3 & 4 digit "orders"over the phone sometimes when there are people in line waiting to purchase tickets.... and I wonder what's up with that....

for all we know some of the customers may have called and ask him to print a ticket for them and maybe never came and paid for them......

I do Believe that Real People win the Lottery.....I know a few that have won some nice BIG BUCKS...

Good Luck to Us Every ONE!!!!!!

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
                      South Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #100
                      January 28, 2002
                      3734 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2007, 12:48 am - IP Logged

agree, em.

yes we have. I know one personally

and have hit 50K myself

25K a few times as well.

Unbelievable.. calling names.. geezelouise.

I hope everyone hits big - really big.

lottoqueen29's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
                        tExAs
                        United States
                        Member #51341
                        April 6, 2007
                        12 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I guess I will stop lurking and start posting! When I win, I will let the world (LP) know!!!

Hopefully, andrew is telling the truth.  My family knows, I would never joke about winning (it brings bad luck)!!! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:06 am - IP Logged

It's hard to figure when one of those raffle tickets were actually purchased.....a Friend of mine thought she missed he opportunity to purchase a one for the last game, but she found a little Party Store owner that had printed some "extra" tickets before they were sold out......

Guess the store owner knew some of his Customers were gonna be late to get to the store, so he still had some to sell after they were "sold out"....

Just thought I'd share that story.......thought it was pretty clever of the Store owner, and his customers were happy......not sure how many "extra" he printed, but he sold them all ....she went back to get another one for a Friend and they were gone.

Before MegaMillions came to Ohio, I would travel just over the boarder to Indiana to buy PowerBall and to Michigan to buy BigGame tickets when their jackpots were $100M+. There was always a line of out of state players waiting to buy tickets so the stores would print extra QPs when ever they had a chance and they alway sold them all.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Before MegaMillions came to Ohio, I would travel just over the boarder to Indiana to buy PowerBall and to Michigan to buy BigGame tickets when their jackpots were $100M+. There was always a line of out of state players waiting to buy tickets so the stores would print extra QPs when ever they had a chance and they alway sold them all.

But RJOh, they're $1 each, not $20.  So even 50 extra tickets is $50.  Just 5 raffle tickets would be $100.  Also, since the raffle tickets are printed in numerical order, not with random combinations, I think it's a little different.  PB tickets don't sell out and there isn't a limited number printed.  Just my personal feelings no matter how silly it sounds.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8364 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:49 am - IP Logged

right now at 1:35 am Monday morning There are currently 517 active users: 456 guests and 61 members

Lots of people lurk here whom have never posted maybe they didn't have any reason to but winning a million dollars and being the first person to exclaim it could be the thrill of a lifetime.

Just because a person doesn't post doesn't mean he or she doesn't feel a part of the family especially after having spent many months or years just reading posts and following along with the crowd. As this person has stated been here for a long time never posted.

I have joined some user groups in the past that i never posted until months after joining. I mainly didn't post because i had nothing to contribute when i finally posted to a thread a bunch of people posted the same like feelings they said stuff like (you've been a member for three months and this is your first post.) (where have you been and stuff like that) i felt awkward trying to explain that i didn't have anything worth wild to say.

It's any wonder newer members or lurkers ever actually post to threads when for the most part they get torn apart. Just as this person has.

Page 4 of 13