Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

7-7-7 was a lucky day!!

Topic closed. 185 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 10 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Washington,Michigan
United States
Member #11416
February 13, 2005
599 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

What happen to the person who won?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

What happen to the person who won?

(a)  If he was a real winner, I'm sure he didn't appreciate all the criticism. Yes, I also posted my suspicions.

(b)  If he wasn't a real winner, then he had his fun and decided he couldn't keep up the charade.

(c)  He finally came down to Earth and said "What the heck am I doing posting when I should be out celebrating with my family?" 

(d)  After you started asking for money he realized it was best to keep his mouth shut & stay anonymous.

My guess is "B"

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Is this a result of introspection or extrospection? lol jarasan

That's not very nice!  Why is everyone picking on Floyd (including the webmaster?)  So once in a while he's a little opinionated, pedantic and obstinate, and he's persistently argumentative.  No No 

However, you've got to admit, he expresses himself well and he's definitely no idiot. 

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
        Member #12416
        March 13, 2005
        564 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I vote for "C"........maybe I should change my name to "Pollyanna"...

I do still believe, and when I hear that someone wins....I am truly happy for them......but I wonder whether I would post any news of a Jackpot win after seeing how most people responded to Andrew3kids post.

Was the majority of responses:

A: "because people really don't "believe" it's possible to hit a Jackpot?

B:  because people may not want to admit that "someone else" would be so Lucky??

C: because "someone new to the forum" does not deserve to win a "Jackpot"?

D: "fill in the blank"

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2007, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

(a)  If he was a real winner, I'm sure he didn't appreciate all the criticism. Yes, I also posted my suspicions.

(b)  If he wasn't a real winner, then he had his fun and decided he couldn't keep up the charade.

(c)  He finally came down to Earth and said "What the heck am I doing posting when I should be out celebrating with my family?" 

(d)  After you started asking for money he realized it was best to keep his mouth shut & stay anonymous.

My guess is "B"

Good guess!

Apparently New Jersey didn't sell out all 500,000 tickets but decided to have the drawing and payout the advertised prizes because they had passed the break-even point of 250,000 tickets. Since the highest $1,000,000 winning ticket number was well under 250,000 (183,895) and the poster claimed their dad bought the ticket "the day before", it's almost impossible to believe the New Jersey Lottery "crossed their fingers and hoped" they would sell 67,000 tickets the next day to cross the break-even point. Would any state lottery hold a drawing where they knew there was a good possibility they would lose money or would they simply postpone it?

Bet their was plenty of "high-fiving" in the lottery commission office when they found out around 120,000 tickets (40% of their sales) were sold in a little over 24 hours just before the drawing. My guess is the 250,000th ticket was sold at least a week or more before the drawing so it would have been impossible for the any of the $1,000,000 winners to be sold after that.

Do you think I'm watching too much Law and Order?

United States
            Member #12416
            March 13, 2005
            564 Posts
            Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

"Three other winning tickets were sold from stores in Toms River in Ocean County, Howell in Monmouth County and Verona in Essex County"

Just found this on the New Jersey Lottery website......

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

"Three other winning tickets were sold from stores in Toms River in Ocean County, Howell in Monmouth County and Verona in Essex County"

Just found this on the New Jersey Lottery website......

That was announced immediately after the drawing.  It was in the paper on Thursday July 6.   They interviewed the store owner.

Stack writes:  "Do you think I'm watching too much Law and Order?"

Hey, that's my line!  Green laugh

Actually, you make a good point.  I never thought about that.  Had only 150 to 175,000 been sold by the morning of July 3, they would have collected $3,500,000 and paid 4 winners $1 million each plus all the other prizes. 

United States
                Member #12416
                March 13, 2005
                564 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

The four $1,000,000 winning raffle tickets are:

•  Raffle Ticket #050424, sold at Roniraj Inc., located at 3563 Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City, Hudson County

•  Raffle Ticket #054517, sold at Twinsa Magazine & News, located at 1785 Hooper Avenue in Toms River, Ocean County

•  Raffle Ticket #180867, sold at K Food Store, located at 1985 Route 9 in Howell, Monmouth County

•  Raffle Ticket #183895, sold at Henry Fine Food Inc., located at 318 Bloomfield Avenue in Verona, Essex County

Hope I'm not defending a fraud......I'll just keep on clicking my heels together and repeating....."I can win the Lottery, I can win the Lottery, I can win the Lottey"....

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey, we;reallwinners...  I don't want to be one of the people who won't let go of a "debate" on this board.  It's all in fun as you know and we're all friends.

That information you just posted was available late in the day on Wed, July 4.  When I looked up my numbers on the FL site, they were all posted by about 1:00 with the store locations, so it doesn't really prove a thing.  Believe it or not, like you, I want this guy to be real.  It would be exciting!  But what Stack wrote rings true too.  On July 2 there had to be less than 180,000 sold altogether, maybe much less if what Andrew wrote is true.  His father didn't go over his house at 3 in the morning.  So sometime on July 3 he bought ticket #180,867 which means they were selling like hotcakes on a weekday at about 10,000 an hour. 

Still, anything is possible.  When people found out the odds went up so much, since they didn't sell as many as projected, maybe there was a buying frenzy.  By the way, of course you can win the Lottery.  Keep clicking those ruby slippers.  If I didn't think there was a chance I could win, I wouldn't be eating spaghetti for the 3rd time this week and buying Lotto tickets! 

Good luck & don't ever give up!!  I am not a pessimist. In fact, I joined the local Optimist's Club.  The only reason I didn't show up for their first meeting is I figured I wouldn't like anybody and it looked like rain anyway. 

United States
                    Member #12416
                    March 13, 2005
                    564 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2007, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

thanx justxploring.....

I know what you're saying about "eating spaghetti for the third time this week and buying Lottery tickets".....the local drug store just put Bubblebee Tuna on sale, so I switched to tuna sandwiches.....HA!

We shall just "keep on trunking" and thinking "Happy Thoughts"

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3475 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

That's not very nice!  Why is everyone picking on Floyd (including the webmaster?)  So once in a while he's a little opinionated, pedantic and obstinate, and he's persistently argumentative.  No No 

However, you've got to admit, he expresses himself well and he's definitely no idiot. 

Thanks. If anyone wants to pick on me, that's fine. I'll know if their opinion has any merit or not.

Of course I knew that there was an opportunity there (and if someone else had said it I might not have let it go by, myself), but anyone who spends much time on the internet and isn't one of the idiots shouldn't need to ask why somebody might conclude that all of the idiots are  online. God knows there are plenty of idiots, but it's hard to imagine there are even more than the ones we see online. <opportunity for another easy shot> I'd even guess that none of them are just lurkers. </opportunity for another easy shot>

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3475 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you can get some help here:  http://www.google.com/intl/xx-elmer/

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you can get some help here:  http://www.google.com/intl/xx-elmer/

Funny!  LOL

United States
                            Member #12416
                            March 13, 2005
                            564 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2007, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

OUCH Kfloyd!!

....that feels like yet another "mean spirited response" ....... I'm not even gonna try it.....but thanx, hope it made you feel better.

here's hoping that you hit a Jackpot soon, and thanx for the show of Spirit....

GO TEAM!!!!!!!

Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2007, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks. If anyone wants to pick on me, that's fine. I'll know if their opinion has any merit or not.

Of course I knew that there was an opportunity there (and if someone else had said it I might not have let it go by, myself), but anyone who spends much time on the internet and isn't one of the idiots shouldn't need to ask why somebody might conclude that all of the idiots are  online. God knows there are plenty of idiots, but it's hard to imagine there are even more than the ones we see online. <opportunity for another easy shot> I'd even guess that none of them are just lurkers. </opportunity for another easy shot>

but anyone who spends much time on the internet and isn't one of the idiots shouldn't need to ask why somebody might conclude that all of the idiots are  online.

You're right.  After reading this, I realize I was trying to be nice and defended someone who is now insulting me.  So I guess that does makes me an idiot!  Bang Head 

Page 10 of 13