Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

7-7-7 was a lucky day!!

Topic closed. 185 replies. Last post 9 years ago by KyMystikal.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
spy153's avatar - maren

United States
Member #28409
December 15, 2005
1198 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

So your saiding there something is up. Yea post the ticket and show the who lp your for real.

how can you post the ticket? If you win, they keep the ticket don't they? they keep mine.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

how can you post the ticket? If you win, they keep the ticket don't they? they keep mine.

Some states allow you to keep it just for keepsake. Once it's processed, you can't claim it a second time.

I don't think any state should worry because of the example stated above.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Could not find a Dale Ohler as a winner in Washington State lottery.....

copy and paste his name in your search engine or on google.

i found many different things with his name Dale Ohler

here's the first one. it could possible be a joke that is being played.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who play the lottery and sometimes think "I'll never win", keep playing!!!!

I was one of those people until today. Here's my story:

My dad came over my house on Tuesday and I had just bought an umbrella for my pool, but it needed to be weighted down, so my father was going to go to Home Depot, I asked if he had gotten a $1,000,000  Independance day NJ lottery ticket yet and he said "no". I told him to pick one up for us and didn't think twice about it until he called me to check the number. We are now $1,000,000 richer (less Uncle Sams 25 percent cut). Luckily there's NO state tax on lottery winnings in NJ, so we gte to keep more of it.

The moral of the story is "Somebody always wins and it can be you!!!!

For those of you who might not believe this post, you can check the winner in a few days. The winning ticket bought in Howell NJ will have a last name that starts with the letters MO-----

How about that!

"For those of you who might not believe this post, you can check the winner in a few days. The winning ticket bought in Howell NJ will have a last name that starts with the letters MO-----"

Wow, your very first post and you're already assuming people won't believe you. You know the truth so does it really matter if people believe you or not?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

"Why would printing the tickets in numerical order make it any different? If the winning number is drawn randomly, then for all practical purposes the number that gets printed on any given ticket is random."

KY Floyd, I agree with you that the numbers are random, but that's not what I meant.  I was referring to games where there are a limited amount of tickets sold.  For example, the FL Raffle had 1,500,000 tickets sold for July 4 and at 8:44 on Sunday they were sold out. After that, nobody else could buy a ticket.  So someone walks into a convenience store at 8:50 and is told "sorry, you can't buy a ticket."  If a store owner printed 100 extra tickets in Miami because he felt he could sell them to customers, he might be preventing someone from playing in Tampa.  To me, that's not the same as printing 100 extra Lotto quick picks, because players can still walk into any Lottery retailer until 15 minutes before the drawing and play their personal numbers and/or buy quick picks.  There also isn't any guarantee of a winner as there is in the Raffle.  

"If a store owner printed 100 extra tickets in Miami because he felt he could sell them to customers, he might be preventing someone from playing in Tampa."

Why would a store owner care if he knew that having extra tickets for late buyers attracted customers to his store?

Before BigGame/MegaMillion came to Illinois I read about a bartender who attracted customers by traveling to Wisconsin with his wife, buying a bunch of PB tickets and reselling them to his customers.  His customers appreciated the service and said they would really show their appreciations to him if they ever won big.

He probably stopped doing that when one of his customer won a $150M+ PB jackpot, promised him and his wife $1M and later after talking with a lawyer and his kids decided $10K was plenty instead.  The bartender and his wife were in court over a year trying to enforce that verbal contract.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Oops, I accidentally deleting a link posted here.  Here it is:

http://walottery.com/sections/WinnersGallery/Default.aspx?Page=winner6

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Most players know if their tickets are winners and can scan them before taking them in to be verified.  If they don't then it's like having a stranger count their money and giving them back what ever he thinks is appropriate.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I find it strange that everyone here talks all the time about wanting and waiting to win a jackpot (we cheer each other on, for pete's sake! ) and then when someone does (the jury's still out on this one?) a lot of folks will be the first ones to rain on your parade. If I ever won a jackpot you can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn't spread the news, not only because I want to remain anonymous but because from the sounds of it, no one would believe me on here anyway. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but you know who you are. The tone of this thread isn't what it should be if this was truly andrew's lucky day. 

There is a big difference between "everyone here talks all the time about wanting and waiting to win a jackpot" and reading about somebody that has done neither.

I thought Andrew's story was worth a "how about that", but it would be much more interesting to read where one of our regulars that has told us their plans down to the last detail had hit the jackpot.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                  Member #50124
                  February 26, 2007
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who play the lottery and sometimes think "I'll never win", keep playing!!!!

I was one of those people until today. Here's my story:

My dad came over my house on Tuesday and I had just bought an umbrella for my pool, but it needed to be weighted down, so my father was going to go to Home Depot, I asked if he had gotten a $1,000,000  Independance day NJ lottery ticket yet and he said "no". I told him to pick one up for us and didn't think twice about it until he called me to check the number. We are now $1,000,000 richer (less Uncle Sams 25 percent cut). Luckily there's NO state tax on lottery winnings in NJ, so we gte to keep more of it.

The moral of the story is "Somebody always wins and it can be you!!!!

For those of you who might not believe this post, you can check the winner in a few days. The winning ticket bought in Howell NJ will have a last name that starts with the letters MO-----

Congrats, Andrew!  Have fun spending it!  Dance

I'll be watching the New Jersey Winner's Circle for MO.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: July 9, 2007, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Oops, I accidentally deleting a link posted here.  Here it is:

http://walottery.com/sections/WinnersGallery/Default.aspx?Page=winner6

If I ever won a lottery jackpot and wanted to share the news, that's the way I would let others know about it, just post a link to the website showing me holding my big check.

Evil Looking       

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2007, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

"If a store owner printed 100 extra tickets in Miami because he felt he could sell them to customers, he might be preventing someone from playing in Tampa."

Why would a store owner care if he knew that having extra tickets for late buyers attracted customers to his store?

Before BigGame/MegaMillion came to Illinois I read about a bartender who attracted customers by traveling to Wisconsin with his wife, buying a bunch of PB tickets and reselling them to his customers.  His customers appreciated the service and said they would really show their appreciations to him if they ever won big.

He probably stopped doing that when one of his customer won a $150M+ PB jackpot, promised him and his wife $1M and later after talking with a lawyer and his kids decided $10K was plenty instead.  The bartender and his wife were in court over a year trying to enforce that verbal contract.

i have never heard of that story before rjoh but that is really interesting that they thought a verbal contract would be upheld in court. most people say things and promise things without thinking about how much money that actually is they are promising to giveaway...

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1953 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2007, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I'll post a picture of my ticket when I win.Thumbs Up

Gonna win.Big Smile

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                          Member #19043
                          July 24, 2005
                          7378 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2007, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I Tell you this,just leave the person who won alone and let them have their joy,Noone questioned me like this when i won on the 999 and i didnot see a clause at LP or a lotto police that states you have to let people know by way of taking a picture of your ticket,That's insane you either believe it or not but everyone has the right to Tell people or not tell people the way he or she sees fit,Now i want to pose this question,how do we actually know who is telling the truth ?i don't care if you are a regular or a newbie i mean even a regular could be the next liar,This brings up something a member quoted,i believe it goes like this a "Lie is a lie no matter who tells it"

So you see folks noone is right or wrong because all of our mouses are created equal but roadrunner is faster,,,Delores247

United States
                            Member #53458
                            July 7, 2007
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: July 9, 2007, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Trust me, I have 3 kids and way too many things to do other than posting and responding to emails about this if it weren't true! I've been visiting this site for a few years checking LOSING lottery tickets and never had the urge to post anything. When I realized we had the winning ticket, I felt the need to spread that news to the people here and give everyone some hope.

I'm not a stupid person and realize there a lot of cynical people in the world but it's too bad.

I won't be posting the winning ticket until I go to the lottery agency.

For those of you who believe........Thank you!!!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2007, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to whoever posted Dale Ohler as a winner in Washington..I searched the Washington Lottery site and could not find him as a winner..Glad for him and his family..

Page 6 of 13