Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should one play if they have others feeding them

Topic closed. 198 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think one should spend money on food while receiving food

Yes.. It is our duty to feed the stupid [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No .. They should be using the money wisely [ 31 ]  [77.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2007, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Should people who receive assistance play the lottery.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2007, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

The two issues should never be tied together. Any "assistance" should be voluntary.

It is similar to asking "if someone gets into an accident because they were drinking and driving, should they get paramedic treatment?" or "if someone smokes while they are young, should they be ineligible for cancer treatment before non-smokers who develop it?"

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

The two issues should never be tied together. Any "assistance" should be voluntary.

It is similar to asking "if someone gets into an accident because they were drinking and driving, should they get paramedic treatment?" or "if someone smokes while they are young, should they be ineligible for cancer treatment before non-smokers who develop it?"

I was/am referring to people who refuse to work... and receive monthly assistance to eat... and a check each month...

Some people have figured out how to beat the government to keep from working.    A student I had my first year teaching... put a dog collar around this neck to get a check started..

He stayed at home and laid on couch since quitting school... His father had to wait hand and foot on him.  If his father fixed him something to eat that he didn't want he would throw it at his father.. The father died this week...  Not sure what is going to happened to the fat slob now..

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2007, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I was/am referring to people who refuse to work... and receive monthly assistance to eat... and a check each month...

Some people have figured out how to beat the government to keep from working.    A student I had my first year teaching... put a dog collar around this neck to get a check started..

He stayed at home and laid on couch since quitting school... His father had to wait hand and foot on him.  If his father fixed him something to eat that he didn't want he would throw it at his father.. The father died this week...  Not sure what is going to happened to the fat slob now..

Hmmm, you're saying some poeple commit fraud through these programs.

I'm saying there would not be any fraud in the program if there was no program to commit fraud in.

Before FDR's "New Deal", people who needed assistance went to the local church or went about looking for work. 

Direct need, direct work, direct help. Fraud didn't continue years and years. 

The same applies to medical care, elderly care, and nearly anything else that has a 'before' and 'after' of gov't oversight.

Oh, the 'fat slob' is going to go down to the welfare office, or trustee office (or whatever they call it where you live) and get some more of your money, and secure the need for a social worker in your community. Evil Smile

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Sociology, Psychology, Government, Civics, Social Studies, Humanistic Psychology, the Disorganized Personality, Diversity Training are some of the type of classes I thought were pre-requisites for a teaching degree.  If a teacher don’t understand what is taught in these courses, my God, then our children are subjective to the ignorant personal prejudices and ugly interpretations of that teacher.  Too scary.

takeemtothebank

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Sociology, Psychology, Government, Civics, Social Studies, Humanistic Psychology, the Disorganized Personality, Diversity Training are some of the type of classes I thought were pre-requisites for a teaching degree.  If a teacher don’t understand what is taught in these courses, my God, then our children are subjective to the ignorant personal prejudices and ugly interpretations of that teacher.  Too scary.

We are taught this in book form.. but boy until you step foot into the classroom,  you learn more than that can ever be taught in the college text.

Just when I thought I had heard it all... Bang.. Someone can prove to be more stupid than the other.

We run our school system on a mission statement...  Which the parents make it totally impossible to live up to...

I have had parents jump my case for teaching their child how to read in the sixth grade.. "MY GOD.. don't you know we may lose our check if he become independently,  what are you trying to do?"  This statement came from a parent I had a couple years ago.. "It is sickening.. very much so.. Parents who use their child's learning disability to draw a check..." Dang , yes.. it is easier than going to work each day...

While I am out scraping ice off the windows of my car to get ready to go to work.. These people are still under the warm bankets.. They will later rise when the sun has melted the ice from their vehicles to go down town to collect their assistance...

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

We have questions here dealing with income inbalances in this country.

The cost of living is far greater than the minimun wage or higher than the minimum wage.

Employers have it figured out. Pay the minmum as possible and let the Gov't pick up the slack.

People can do what they want with their money however received..

MAGA

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm, you're saying some poeple commit fraud through these programs.

I'm saying there would not be any fraud in the program if there was no program to commit fraud in.

Before FDR's "New Deal", people who needed assistance went to the local church or went about looking for work. 

Direct need, direct work, direct help. Fraud didn't continue years and years. 

The same applies to medical care, elderly care, and nearly anything else that has a 'before' and 'after' of gov't oversight.

Oh, the 'fat slob' is going to go down to the welfare office, or trustee office (or whatever they call it where you live) and get some more of your money, and secure the need for a social worker in your community. Evil Smile

The "fat slob" will need someone to wait hand and foot on him.  He is too dang lazy to fix his own food...  Hell he is so dang lazy to go to the bathroom..  Why not just relieve himself right there on the couch.. I am curious to know if he went to his father's funeral.  He refused to go to his mother's because he didn't want to get up for the 10 am funeral.  (He had played the play-station all night the night before.)

This slob is not handicapped...  He is well able to get up off the couch... fix his own lunch.. drive a car... take a bath,  play basketball...

He wouldn't tie his shoes in school.. He said he did not want to bend over to tie them.  If I wanted them tied I would have to tie them..

I thought,  "hell let him fall..."  I am not going to enable his laziness..

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

We have questions here dealing with income inbalances in this country.

The cost of living is far greater than the minimun wage or higher than the minimum wage.

Employers have it figured out. Pay the minmum as possible and let the Gov't pick up the slack.

People can do what they want with their money however received..

I believe they should raise the mininum wage... IT is a big problem that causes these slobs to remain on the welfare system..

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8790 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

IT is a big problem that causes these slobs to remain on the welfare system..

I highly object to that statement.

People work hard for their income. The income inbalnce is not created by them but the system/

MAGA

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I believe they should raise the mininum wage... IT is a big problem that causes these slobs to remain on the welfare system..

I agree Jap it is highly offensive. I know you've encounterd people who are "lazy" on the welfare system, but can you stop with the offensive tone about it. Did you really need to create two posts about your hate for people who get assistance? 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Do not tell me they should get a higher education for bigger money.

Their are different job levels in this country that need to be filled to produce the goods and services.

MAGA

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

I agree Jap it is highly offensive. I know you've encounterd people who are "lazy" on the welfare system, but can you stop with the offensive tone about it. Did you really need to create two posts about your hate for people who get assistance? 

I don't have a hate for people who get assistance...?  Wow, aren't we touchy...

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

IT is a big problem that causes these slobs to remain on the welfare system..

I highly object to that statement.

People work hard for their income. The income inbalnce is not created by them but the system/

Min wages should be enough to cover the basic needs of individuals... Which includes the cost of gasoline...?

Yes these people who are working for min wages are working very hard for their money, but harder to make it stretch with the rising cost of everything...

They need more MONEY... period...  And it is not right for them to work daily and stretch to the very breaking end, while others lay around waiting on those workers to pay in that income tax to support their butts.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #6
                              November 4, 2001
                              8790 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a hate for people who get assistance...?  Wow, aren't we touchy...

It is a touchy subject.

Worse than politics.

MAGA

Page 1 of 14