Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should one play if they have others feeding them

Topic closed. 198 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 8 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think one should spend money on food while receiving food

Yes.. It is our duty to feed the stupid [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No .. They should be using the money wisely [ 31 ]  [77.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2007, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Tenaj & others:

I guess people will put whatever interpretation they want into my last post.  I thought I made it clear that I care about people who are needy.  Maybe I'm one of those very people..you don't know. I've had to endure some pretty stressful working relationships myself. 

Regarding the comment I made about women, I am surprised to be getting such a reaction.  If I worked with a group of Blacks and was treated unfairly, I would never say "every time I work with Black people they do this or that" and use the words "I learned how brutal they can be."  If I worked for a Jewish boss and he was difficult, I wouldn't go around saying that "Jews are terrible employers" either.  I agree that women can be very nasty.  So can men.  But the post said that she hopes she can work with men because of her experience with other women, and this was stated more than once. All I was saying is that it's not the gender, the race, the religion or whether or not the person is tall, short, fat or skinny.  I don't like stereotypes - period. 

I am not trying to get political here, and I'm also not saying which candidate I support.  However, isn't it obvious that the reason so many people called Hillary Clinton a *B* from the get-go because she is a smart, confident female?  Women are always put into categories as catty, emotional, poor decision makers, etc.  Four4me had an experience as a manager which I believe is completely true. However, that was HIS personal experience.  Turn on the news. Men commit the most violent crimes.  I'm not sure if a woman has ever walked into a workplace and shot her fellow employees. I'm not sure if a woman has every walked into a mall and started to fire at innocent shoppers or if a female student gunned down classmates at a high school. Maybe, maybe not.  My only point was that someone who is seeking a good job and trying to get out of a bad situation should try switching off the attitude that working with women is something negative and it will probably help her to achieve higher goals.  Anytime you cut off a particular group of people in your life, you are setting personal limitations.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
    Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2007, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Much has been written about women throughout the ages.

Under the sun, there is nothing new;

From Adam and Eve to Samson and Delilah, from Ike and Tina Turner to Sonny and Cher;

Wise men, through wisdom, understand and percieve what is true.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Much has been written about women throughout the ages.

Under the sun, there is nothing new;

From Adam and Eve to Samson and Delilah, from Ike and Tina Turner to Sonny and Cher;

Wise men, through wisdom, understand and percieve what is true.

And wise women too.

takeemtothebank

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
        Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

You are definitely proof of that! Thumbs Up

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Tenaj & others:

I guess people will put whatever interpretation they want into my last post.  I thought I made it clear that I care about people who are needy.  Maybe I'm one of those very people..you don't know. I've had to endure some pretty stressful working relationships myself. 

Regarding the comment I made about women, I am surprised to be getting such a reaction.  If I worked with a group of Blacks and was treated unfairly, I would never say "every time I work with Black people they do this or that" and use the words "I learned how brutal they can be."  If I worked for a Jewish boss and he was difficult, I wouldn't go around saying that "Jews are terrible employers" either.  I agree that women can be very nasty.  So can men.  But the post said that she hopes she can work with men because of her experience with other women, and this was stated more than once. All I was saying is that it's not the gender, the race, the religion or whether or not the person is tall, short, fat or skinny.  I don't like stereotypes - period. 

I am not trying to get political here, and I'm also not saying which candidate I support.  However, isn't it obvious that the reason so many people called Hillary Clinton a *B* from the get-go because she is a smart, confident female?  Women are always put into categories as catty, emotional, poor decision makers, etc.  Four4me had an experience as a manager which I believe is completely true. However, that was HIS personal experience.  Turn on the news. Men commit the most violent crimes.  I'm not sure if a woman has ever walked into a workplace and shot her fellow employees. I'm not sure if a woman has every walked into a mall and started to fire at innocent shoppers or if a female student gunned down classmates at a high school. Maybe, maybe not.  My only point was that someone who is seeking a good job and trying to get out of a bad situation should try switching off the attitude that working with women is something negative and it will probably help her to achieve higher goals.  Anytime you cut off a particular group of people in your life, you are setting personal limitations.

JX says:

"However, isn't it obvious that the reason so many people called Hillary Clinton a *B* from the get-go because she is a smart, confident female?

No, not at all, she is a biache' to the max, I 've been in her presence and know people that worked THERE. 

It doesn't matter a lick whether or not she is smart, confident, whatever, she is nasty mean to the core and over ambitious for all the wrong reasons.

Here is the faker, if you watch this 2 minute report and think she is still cool, well....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUEHzPOiMk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3gQfz8GC0o&feature=related

Enjoy.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

However, isn't it obvious that the reason so many people called Hillary Clinton a *B* from the get-go because she is a smart, confident female? 

No, it's because she is a "B". I'm sorry, but if any woman or man made a rule that when they walk down a hallway in washington, or whatever office, that all the peons are not allowed to make eye contact with them is really rediculous. Who the heck does she think she is? With those big googly eyes of hers, you'd think she was gonna give someone the death stare if they made eye contact...lol 

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
              Wentzville, Missouri
              United States
              Member #2243
              September 4, 2003
              8495 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2007, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

However, isn't it obvious that the reason so many people called Hillary Clinton a *B* from the get-go because she is a smart, confident female? 

No, it's because she is a "B". I'm sorry, but if any woman or man made a rule that when they walk down a hallway in washington, or whatever office, that all the peons are not allowed to make eye contact with them is really rediculous. Who the heck does she think she is? With those big googly eyes of hers, you'd think she was gonna give someone the death stare if they made eye contact...lol 

man, i swear i luv u guys 2 much!  um all snowed in and u guys r on a roll!

Belly Laugh ROTFL Belly Laugh Laughing 1 ROTFL 

i swear this one is 4 EVERYONEBig Hug 

ya'll made my day!

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
              Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #2448
                October 4, 2003
                25882 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

From Justx

Everyone was getting a little carried away, and a debate that can't possibly have a good outcome was getting hostile. As another member earlier wrote, what has happened here is a poll about playing the lottery while someone is getting food stamps has turned into a discussion about our entire social welfare system.

What?Getting Hostile? The poll itself was "hostile" from the originator, Tntea.  What did Tntea expect?  That's how ignorant she is.  She actually expected everyone to agree that it's OK to call a student "a fat slop" coming from a teacher (how would you like to have a special needs child and the teacher show such contempt)

Were we suppose to show the same contempt that she have for poor people without showing any understanding from what should have been learned in middle school about our government of social welfare system?  Her contempt were the only two options in BOTH POLLS.

Some people tried to educate her and some people just called it like they saw it - an ignorant, misinformed person who was hating on poor people afraid that one day they might hit the jackpot and have more than her.

So if you want to change the thread to an argument about whether you have to put out more fires with a group of women than men - go right ahead - all you are doing is proving a point. 

Well said Tenaj, not to mention TnTea has a post about a dream in the Mystical forum with the following line:

" dreamed I went to pay my grandson's lunch charges at school and his preschool teacher was working in the lunchroom collecting money.  She kept pecking at computer trying to figure out what was old. "

Now keep in mind Tntea is a teacher.  The correct statement should be  "what was owed."

This from a teacher who calls people stupid!  She had some nerve.  If this type of poor speech comes from a teacher, then who's really stupid?

Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: December 15, 2007, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

SmileyWhen I grow up I want to be just like Hilliary and Oprah.  But I don't want to look like either one of them though, I want to look like me.  One of them have ultimate confidence and success that intimidates weak men and haters and the other one got the money and the midas touch.

I don't want to be a special ed teacher either because I might see too many poor people and I might start hating on them and not want them to play the lottery.

takeemtothebank

Wentzville, Missouri
                    United States
                    Member #2243
                    September 4, 2003
                    8495 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

now Jorli D & Tenaj,

u guys r what i call GILRS BEHAVIN' BADLY!! i ain't gettin' nunthin done from readin' this here thread! 2 funny!Green laugh

Laughing 1 Belly Laugh Belly Laugh Laughing 2 ROTFL 

Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2007, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Well said Tenaj, not to mention TnTea has a post about a dream in the Mystical forum with the following line:

" dreamed I went to pay my grandson's lunch charges at school and his preschool teacher was working in the lunchroom collecting money.  She kept pecking at computer trying to figure out what was old. "

Now keep in mind Tntea is a teacher.  The correct statement should be  "what was owed."

This from a teacher who calls people stupid!  She had some nerve.  If this type of poor speech comes from a teacher, then who's really stupid?

SmileyI generally ignore grammatical errors on forums because I know I be killing the King's Engish.

But more is expected from a teacher.   Especially a special ed teacher because the children need their love, guidance and leadership the most. 

And if you'll going to call somebody stupid you should as least know how to spell it.

It's like what I said before, nerve was not what was driving her - it was ignorance.  She really doesn't know any better.  It had to be those people she and her "hubby" had that conversation with.  She shouldn't talk with those people any more.  All of this came from that conversation they had.  She said that at the beginning of the poll.

And people like that will harm you out of ignorance.  It borders on the kind of ignorance that would make a person tie a human being to a car and drag them.  It all starts with them thinking that someone is taking something away from them or they think they that someone who they feel superior to will do better than them.

takeemtothebank

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #2448
                        October 4, 2003
                        25882 Posts
                        Posted: December 15, 2007, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

SmileyI generally ignore grammatical errors on forums because I know I be killing the King's Engish.

But more is expected from a teacher.   Especially a special ed teacher because the children need their love, guidance and leadership the most. 

And if you'll going to call somebody stupid you should as least know how to spell it.

It's like what I said before, nerve was not what was driving her - it was ignorance.  She really doesn't know any better.  It had to be those people she and her "hubby" had that conversation with.  She shouldn't talk with those people any more.  All of this came from that conversation they had.  She said that at the beginning of the poll.

And people like that will harm you out of ignorance.  It borders on the kind of ignorance that would make a person tie a human being to a car and drag them.  It all starts with them thinking that someone is taking something away from them or they think they that someone who they feel superior to will do better than them.

I'm with you Tenaj, on the grammatical errors.  A teacher who can't spell, and calling people stupid, should be called out about it.  She even spelled Christmas incorrectly, hurried and corrected it after I called her out about it.

We should be more concerned about who's teaching the kids that are left behind.

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          25882 Posts
                          Posted: December 15, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

now Jorli D & Tenaj,

u guys r what i call GILRS BEHAVIN' BADLY!! i ain't gettin' nunthin done from readin' this here thread! 2 funny!Green laugh

Laughing 1 Belly Laugh Belly Laugh Laughing 2 ROTFL 

Lovies

Wentzville, Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #2243
                            September 4, 2003
                            8495 Posts
                            Posted: December 15, 2007, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Lovies

um bout's 2 log off!  i gotta' tell u guys i just read this entire thread 2 my friend, she is own the flo' n laughta' and i already know i don't spel that good but it has been ouch-reageious!Green laugh

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laugh

Green laughGreen laughGreen laugh

Green laughGreen laugh

Green laugh

don't mine me, um just havin' fun wit ya'll and i already said, i luv EVERY-ONE of you'sLOL

Charlotte NC
                              United States
                              Member #17406
                              June 18, 2005
                              4053 Posts
                              Posted: December 15, 2007, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

No NoThat was in China Lotterologist, not America.  We don't even have the same kind of government.  You gotta do better than that. 

In 1908 the year the Empress died women in America had just aquired the right to vote by a few years.    Anyway, anybody that's in power for 1/2 century will most likely become greedy and abuse their power.  That's why we don't allow people to hold office too long. 

Look at Castro.  He ain't no woman.  Look at how many men who's had limitless greed for power, family, and subjects while in being head.  What's their excuse.  It couldn't be menopausal.  Look at our President now - look how fast and furious things changed for the American people in 7 1/2 years.

Don't make me pull out all the powerful women in history who held the supreme power in greatness.  There's been some awesome women who have even won wars.

You can't show me a women who have been President in this country because American men think they might lose a few inches.   I haven't forgotten for one minute the Women's Rights Movement in the US and why it was necessary. 

takeemtothebank

Page 8 of 14