Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should one play if they have others feeding them

Topic closed. 198 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 9 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think one should spend money on food while receiving food

Yes.. It is our duty to feed the stupid [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No .. They should be using the money wisely [ 31 ]  [77.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  
Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
Lotto City, Michigan
United States
Member #36256
March 30, 2006
1472 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

LOL Women are women, Tenaj.

They all put on their pantyhose one leg at a time.  Wink

Of course, some women are superior to others, but the basic function is the same. 

Take Mother Teresa for example. She was a rare, virtuous woman.

Those types of women exist but they certainly don't grow on trees. 

I like Hilary, by the way...

She may not make a good president, but she makes a good wife.  Smile

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2007, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

SmileyOK Lotterologist.  I'll be a lady and let you have the last word.

takeemtothebank

Lotto City, Michigan
      United States
      Member #36256
      March 30, 2006
      1472 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2007, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

You're definitely a lady! That's why I never group all women together and paint them with a "broad brush". (no pun intended) Wink

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

SmileyWhen I grow up I want to be just like Hilliary and Oprah.  But I don't want to look like either one of them though, I want to look like me.  One of them have ultimate confidence and success that intimidates weak men and haters and the other one got the money and the midas touch.

I don't want to be a special ed teacher either because I might see too many poor people and I might start hating on them and not want them to play the lottery.

The word "confident" has been used several times as an attribute to fawn over Hillary Clinton. Great, men are intimidated by confident women.  What on earth does the self-confidence level of anybody have to do with their actual abilties, skills, or intelligence?  Nothing. Nothing at all. "Confidence: is a mental process that arises from considering if a person or thing is capable of something. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself when considering a capability. Overconfidence is having unmerited confidence--believing something or someone is capable when they are not. Scientifically, a situation can only be judged after the aim has been achieved or not. It is incorrect to label someone overconfident unless that aim has been achieved or not, since one cannot know whether something is possible, only believe, which is confidence. Confidence can be a self-fulfilling prophecy, as those without it may fail or not try because they lack it, and those with it may succeed because they have it, rather than because of an innate ability." Since running this country is more important than having married the right guy in college to get to where you are today and not being confident enough to divorce him when he cheated on you multiple times shows a lack of true quantifiable confidence in ones' own abilities. If  Hillary had any self-confidence and dumped Billy Bones, I would be impressed with such a self-confident woman.Oprah is confident, can back it up and has total respect from everybody. I am sure that Obama's wife is waiting for Oprah to make him golden.There has been some indirect  name calling on this thread, that is is what weak people do when they have weak arguments.

Women do not intimidate me, never have, never will, except of course, for my mother and Sister Bernadette.   

Go to fullsize image

Big Grin Santa

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #2448
          October 4, 2003
          25905 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2007, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

How does one ever know they have married the right person?  How does one ever know our mates can get us anywhere in life we wouldn't be capable of being without effort. Bill Clinton could not have known he'd be President one day, nor could Hillary have known.  Her choice to stay married to Bill is her choice and because one person might divorce for the infidelity, another person may choose to stay, be societal pressures, investment in the relationship, children, or that old standby love, Hillary has the right to confidentally choose to stay with him.

Divorce does not guarantee confidence.  As for everybody respecting Oprah, you can't speak for me. I don't care for her simply because she doesn't offer me anything I can't get for myself.  I don't need a person to hype me up over life's woes.  I usually refer to my God for that.

Come on, do you really think without all that money, Oprah would have confidence?  I don't like calling anyone ugly, because I believe beauty is innermost. But, truly you don't think she'd have men falling all over her, were it not for her wealth.  Come to think about it, I don't recall ever reading she has that problem even with her wealth.ROFL

Lotto City, Michigan
            United States
            Member #36256
            March 30, 2006
            1472 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:02 am - IP Logged

I Agree! with you 100%, Jorli D! I don't like Oprah for the same reason I don't like Rosie, Ellen, and some others.

I'm just not a fan of women who host talk shows. Big Grin

I also agree with what you said about Hillary.

I'm not going to quote the scriptures, but Bill was blessed to have her for a wife.  

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:37 am - IP Logged

I Agree! with you 100%, Jorli D! I don't like Oprah for the same reason I don't like Rosie, Ellen, and some others.

I'm just not a fan of women who host talk shows. Big Grin

I also agree with what you said about Hillary.

I'm not going to quote the scriptures, but Bill was blessed to have her for a wife.  

What choice did she have?  Right now the mudslingers would be saying "She didn't even stick by her husband just because he made bad choices. Will she desert the American people too?" 

Ellen made be sick when she turned on a wonderful non-profit shelter because she didn't get her way.  She's a spoiled Hollywood brat pretending she's just like everyone else. She apparently had adopted other pets and decided they were too much bother, but this shelter was very responsible and they paid the price of dealing with a celebrity. 

I like Oprah and think she is a genuinely good person.  The person I really want to be, however, is Judge Judy.  I'd like to line up all the morons and tell them just what I think and make them pay!  Get me that gavel!   LOL 

Smash

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2007, 4:00 am - IP Logged

LOLI wanna be like Judge Judy when I grow up too.  Judge Judy would make a good President.  She'll cut out a lot of stuff.  Too funny Judge Judy Cartoon flash.  Blood spilled all up in the courtroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKoVfMK1-0&feature=related

takeemtothebank

nanolike's avatar - pink2
                  WorldWide
                  United States
                  Member #55215
                  September 18, 2007
                  76 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2007, 4:29 am - IP Logged

A thought occured to me today as this subject was brought up with some associates. Maybe we should wonder how it is that polititions can spend tax payers money on high priced dinners for $1200 a shot. And all their other countless unneeded expences they could do without, whats wrong with them just going to wendy's like everyone else? And what about all the things they use the tax payers money on that they dont need too like drinking and living it up big time with their associtates on taxpayers money. I suppose if its ok for them to do that, hey its probably ok for some bum to use the tax payers money to try and get himself out of a poverty situation in life. Afterall the bum doesnt have much else going for himself.

And the debate goes on.

Whos right? The governement and all their waste of money on the rich life with their associates and peers or the poor slob just trying to win his way out of poverty?

It's a NanoLike World!

Lotto City, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #36256
                    March 30, 2006
                    1472 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2007, 7:22 am - IP Logged

What choice did she have?  Right now the mudslingers would be saying "She didn't even stick by her husband just because he made bad choices. Will she desert the American people too?" 

Ellen made be sick when she turned on a wonderful non-profit shelter because she didn't get her way.  She's a spoiled Hollywood brat pretending she's just like everyone else. She apparently had adopted other pets and decided they were too much bother, but this shelter was very responsible and they paid the price of dealing with a celebrity. 

I like Oprah and think she is a genuinely good person.  The person I really want to be, however, is Judge Judy.  I'd like to line up all the morons and tell them just what I think and make them pay!  Get me that gavel!   LOL 

Smash

LOL I liked Judge Judy until on one show featuring a case that involved a dispute bewteen a guy and his girlfriend, she made a biased judgment against the boyfriend.

That was some years ago and that was the last time that I watched her show. Smile

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2007, 11:08 am - IP Logged

How does one ever know they have married the right person?  How does one ever know our mates can get us anywhere in life we wouldn't be capable of being without effort. Bill Clinton could not have known he'd be President one day, nor could Hillary have known.  Her choice to stay married to Bill is her choice and because one person might divorce for the infidelity, another person may choose to stay, be societal pressures, investment in the relationship, children, or that old standby love, Hillary has the right to confidentally choose to stay with him.

Divorce does not guarantee confidence.  As for everybody respecting Oprah, you can't speak for me. I don't care for her simply because she doesn't offer me anything I can't get for myself.  I don't need a person to hype me up over life's woes.  I usually refer to my God for that.

Come on, do you really think without all that money, Oprah would have confidence?  I don't like calling anyone ugly, because I believe beauty is innermost. But, truly you don't think she'd have men falling all over her, were it not for her wealth.  Come to think about it, I don't recall ever reading she has that problem even with her wealth.ROFL

Jorli D if you don't see the Clinton marriage for what it is, you never will and don't want to.  I am not saying divorce  guarantees anything.  Divorcing Billy Bones would not only SHOW self-confidence but also self-respect and strength.  You are correct, in that when she married him they never knew they would get the white house, but they did, thank you Ross Perot.  From that point the seductive nature of power has ruled her and it has been her plan since to rule this country.  Her calculated plan though is back-firing on her, she should have done it on her own.

Now the Clintons are inextricably tied together by money, greed may keep them together forever, but I wouldn't be surprised if she dumped him after the next election.

Oprah was CONFIDENT before she was rich, she wouldn't have gotten there otherwise.

I learned a long time ago you don't judge by looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Go to fullsize image No soup for you.

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #2448
                        October 4, 2003
                        25905 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2007, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Jorli D if you don't see the Clinton marriage for what it is, you never will and don't want to.  I am not saying divorce  guarantees anything.  Divorcing Billy Bones would not only SHOW self-confidence but also self-respect and strength.  You are correct, in that when she married him they never knew they would get the white house, but they did, thank you Ross Perot.  From that point the seductive nature of power has ruled her and it has been her plan since to rule this country.  Her calculated plan though is back-firing on her, she should have done it on her own.

Now the Clintons are inextricably tied together by money, greed may keep them together forever, but I wouldn't be surprised if she dumped him after the next election.

Oprah was CONFIDENT before she was rich, she wouldn't have gotten there otherwise.

I learned a long time ago you don't judge by looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Maybe your problem is worrying about the Clinton marriage.  You can't honestly say the Bushes, are happily married can you?  Remember he had a substance abuse problem and if Laura stuck around for that, isn't she without confidence too?  I think not.  Divorcing Bill may make Hillary confident in your opinion, but in mine it makes no sense.  The things yu ascribe as to why the Clintons are still married, can be said about a majority of married couples.  To each his own.  Like money, I don't care about how people spend theirs as ong as they don't worry how I spend mine.  I also don't care why my neighbors are still together, it's their business.  I'm no psychic and I would never determine people are still together because of this or that.

Now if you have that market cornered, good for you.  You'll make a lot of money if you can get others to buy into it.  I just don't.  If you don't judge a book by its cover, then are you not judging why the Clinton's are still together?  Sure you are.  You have no iron clad proof that the reasons you stated are why they are together, not one piece of proof, just speculation.

You also seem to know alot about who is and wasn't confident.  Another amazing talent you have! Do you have a 900 hotline people can call and get more insight into themselves thanks to this talent?

I am confident of only a few things.  The children I have are biologically mine and my spouse's, I'll be paying taxes for a while to come, and I'm going to die one day. That's all I need to be confident about, everything else is just speculative.

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Maybe your problem is worrying about the Clinton marriage.  You can't honestly say the Bushes, are happily married can you?  Remember he had a substance abuse problem and if Laura stuck around for that, isn't she without confidence too?  I think not.  Divorcing Bill may make Hillary confident in your opinion, but in mine it makes no sense.  The things yu ascribe as to why the Clintons are still married, can be said about a majority of married couples.  To each his own.  Like money, I don't care about how people spend theirs as ong as they don't worry how I spend mine.  I also don't care why my neighbors are still together, it's their business.  I'm no psychic and I would never determine people are still together because of this or that.

Now if you have that market cornered, good for you.  You'll make a lot of money if you can get others to buy into it.  I just don't.  If you don't judge a book by its cover, then are you not judging why the Clinton's are still together?  Sure you are.  You have no iron clad proof that the reasons you stated are why they are together, not one piece of proof, just speculation.

You also seem to know alot about who is and wasn't confident.  Another amazing talent you have! Do you have a 900 hotline people can call and get more insight into themselves thanks to this talent?

I am confident of only a few things.  The children I have are biologically mine and my spouse's, I'll be paying taxes for a while to come, and I'm going to die one day. That's all I need to be confident about, everything else is just speculative.

I am confident that you don't understand the point I am trying to make. The Clinton's are public figures, and I don't think you've read with comprehension what I wrote a few posts back. You also have a mean streak that takes things a bit too personally. I frankly don't care about your level of confidence is, but I do care about who is going to run this country in the future and I don't want it determined by someones' level of confidence.

The Bush's marriage has nothing to do with the upcoming election and has nothing to do with the discussion. 

And you are correct I have a 900 number 1-900-mes-oconfident.

Go to fullsize image She is saying: "I will not be denied"

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #2448
                            October 4, 2003
                            25905 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I understood your point and the problem is now you want to determine I didn't. I responded as I wanted to, about your opinion. No one knows why anyone does anything and you can preach that until the cows come home, it just isn't so.

No, the Bush marriage has nothing to do with the upcoming election.  My point is not every marriage appears to be what it is, but I am someone who doesn't worry about why people do what they do. Maybe that's your problem.

You don't have to care about anything concerning me.  You put yourself in this discussion and now you want to call me mean for defending my position?

If you're voting on a person's level of confidence, then I'd say we vote for different reasons.  Again, to each his own. Your one vote will never make a difference in any election. There is a function button that allows you to ignore me.  Try that and you don't have to read my opinions.  Apparently, you're a man that can't take on a woman who stands up for her beliefs, that when she comes out swinging, you decide she isn't comprehending what you are saying, or you call her a bit*h, as you did in a previous post.

At some point in your life, you're going to have to have confidence in your manhood. Until then, start by growing up.

Lotto City, Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #36256
                              March 30, 2006
                              1472 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

"Divorcing Billy Bones would not only SHOW self-confidence, but also self-respect and strength."

I don't know if you're religious or not, but the bible says "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder", and that is the bottom line.

Page 9 of 14