Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should one play if they have others feeding them

Topic closed. 198 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 10 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think one should spend money on food while receiving food

Yes.. It is our duty to feed the stupid [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No .. They should be using the money wisely [ 31 ]  [77.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  
Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #2448
October 4, 2003
25883 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

"Divorcing Billy Bones would not only SHOW self-confidence, but also self-respect and strength."

I don't know if you're religious or not, but the bible says "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder", and that is the bottom line.

Exactly Lotterologist! 

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
    Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

LOL Thanks Jorli D! Perhaps now we can get back to playing some numbers. Smile

United States
      Member #9519
      December 10, 2004
      492 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

The "fat slob" will need someone to wait hand and foot on him.  He is too dang lazy to fix his own food...  Hell he is so dang lazy to go to the bathroom..  Why not just relieve himself right there on the couch.. I am curious to know if he went to his father's funeral.  He refused to go to his mother's because he didn't want to get up for the 10 am funeral.  (He had played the play-station all night the night before.)

This slob is not handicapped...  He is well able to get up off the couch... fix his own lunch.. drive a car... take a bath,  play basketball...

He wouldn't tie his shoes in school.. He said he did not want to bend over to tie them.  If I wanted them tied I would have to tie them..

I thought,  "hell let him fall..."  I am not going to enable his laziness..

Tell your what --  play 5851 for $2 or $3  and donate your winnings to a special needs charity.... hopefully this will bring redemption.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2007, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

RE the topic title's question,

Should one play if they have others feeding them?

Who here would not play if they found themselves in that situation?

Human nature tells us some would play even more, some would play as they have been, and some would put one dollar up with even more hope, but play they will.

Just my $.02

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2007, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Tell your what --  play 5851 for $2 or $3  and donate your winnings to a special needs charity.... hopefully this will bring redemption.

SmileyDonating to charity will not bring redemption to Tntea.  She's already said that a friend of her told her if she give bums money it will bet rid of them and that's what she does with contempt.

I'll wager that Tntea has never donated to help the needy, or volunteered to help a needy child or adult with compassion.

She's too busy worrying that they will do better than she will. 

takeemtothebank

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

RE the topic title's question,

Should one play if they have others feeding them?

Who here would not play if they found themselves in that situation?

Human nature tells us some would play even more, some would play as they have been, and some would put one dollar up with even more hope, but play they will.

Just my $.02

Coin Toss - I like your answer because it sticks to the point & I agree that most of us wouldn't want to quit. 

But the key word here is "should" and that's why I originally said there isn't a yes or no answer.  "Should" is a word that is often used when it means "do it because it's what I think is right." 

Maybe some people would answer differently if this was the question.  "You go to a church and donate several cans of food for a soup kitchen.  You find out that instead of feeding the poor, they take the cans and sell them to buy lottery tickets.  Would you continue to donate food to that church?"

Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4053 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2007, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

"You go to a church and donate several cans of food for a soup kitchen.  You find out that instead of feeding the poor, they take the cans and sell them to buy lottery tickets.  Would you continue to donate food to that church?"

Justx, you have to be smart about what you give.  Give yourself.  I once volunteered at a neighborhood center in the afterschool program for underserved children whose parents were drug addicts in re-hab.  I'd play jacks with them or helped them with their homework or read books to them like "Aunt Flossie Hats" and  never once did I think that what I did for them could be compromised. 

I volunteered at another neighborhood center as a tutor.  And you know what?  I learned a lot from that little fellow. 

I'm not trying to boost or anything.  My job was all about volunteering and we couldn't make it without them and we as employees were almost made to volunteer.  The first question someone asked you at openings and events was "What have you been doing lately". 

If I hadn't worked in a volunteer environment I'd probably wouldn't have done so much volunteering.  So I volunteered in the communities of my choice to give back and at places that I liked and got enjoyment out of too, like a play.

Real grassroots giving can't be compromised. 

takeemtothebank

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5583 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2007, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I understood your point and the problem is now you want to determine I didn't. I responded as I wanted to, about your opinion. No one knows why anyone does anything and you can preach that until the cows come home, it just isn't so.

No, the Bush marriage has nothing to do with the upcoming election.  My point is not every marriage appears to be what it is, but I am someone who doesn't worry about why people do what they do. Maybe that's your problem.

You don't have to care about anything concerning me.  You put yourself in this discussion and now you want to call me mean for defending my position?

If you're voting on a person's level of confidence, then I'd say we vote for different reasons.  Again, to each his own. Your one vote will never make a difference in any election. There is a function button that allows you to ignore me.  Try that and you don't have to read my opinions.  Apparently, you're a man that can't take on a woman who stands up for her beliefs, that when she comes out swinging, you decide she isn't comprehending what you are saying, or you call her a bit*h, as you did in a previous post.

At some point in your life, you're going to have to have confidence in your manhood. Until then, start by growing up.

Manhood has nothing to do with this,  that is a construct of your imagination, another attempt to change the discussion. If anybody needs to grow up, look in the mirror.  This is an open forum and I didn't call her a bi*tch Justxploring did,  I just verified and clarified her point, because as I said before I've been in Hillary's presence, know former staff etc.., you might say I have been a little closer to the situation than you.

The reason I said you are nasty and mean is because of your name calling and personal attacks.  Can you write something and not make it personal?

Please tell me about her swinging something or her position on anything.

I don't vote for someone because of my perception of their level of confidence, you might, but I don't.

I can't ignore ignorance, because ignorance is a very expensive commodity, I try to teach and inform and by the level of your angry responses, you maybe learning.

You have yet to point out a position on anything, you keep trying to change the subject.

Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

"Divorcing Billy Bones would not only SHOW self-confidence, but also self-respect and strength."

I don't know if you're religious or not, but the bible says "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder", and that is the bottom line.

You know if they had been married in a church maybe, but your Bible quote doesn't apply here, nor would it in divorce court.

http://www.bridesdecide.com/articles/a70718105901/hillary--bill-clinton's-wedding-story.aspx

These apply more closely,

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #2448
                    October 4, 2003
                    25883 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Manhood has nothing to do with this,  that is a construct of your imagination, another attempt to change the discussion. If anybody needs to grow up, look in the mirror.  This is an open forum and I didn't call her a bi*tch Justxploring did,  I just verified and clarified her point, because as I said before I've been in Hillary's presence, know former staff etc.., you might say I have been a little closer to the situation than you.

The reason I said you are nasty and mean is because of your name calling and personal attacks.  Can you write something and not make it personal?

Please tell me about her swinging something or her position on anything.

I don't vote for someone because of my perception of their level of confidence, you might, but I don't.

I can't ignore ignorance, because ignorance is a very expensive commodity, I try to teach and inform and by the level of your angry responses, you maybe learning.

You have yet to point out a position on anything, you keep trying to change the subject.

The topic has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, so you are the one that along with others changed the discussion.  Once you did that, others commented about that change in discussion.

I'm not going to prove myself to you or anyone else.  I answered a poll the way I saw fit.  If you don't like it, too bad.  You are assuming I am supporting Clinton, when in fact I am defending her right to be outspoken.  You are the person who is trying to sway opinion about Hillary, not me.  So what you have been around her.  That doesn't mean she will come off the way you saw her with others.

Like, I said, put me on ignore if you don't like what I say. Maybe the real problem is you have no confidence when it comes to strong women. Maybe you prefer the barefoot and pregnant type.  You better grow up, because they're becoming extinct.

Don't get mad and attack me because you can't handle strong females.  By the way, the nerve of some people telling others they misinterpreted the original question is even laughable. 

TnTea started 2 polls on this forum, that were rude, and cruel in nature.  But, where's your gripe about that?  I don't care if you or anybody else likes my opinion. Too bad.  As long as you make your opinion known, and I do the same you have no reason to whine, whine, whine, and tell me I didn't understand it or I'm being mean. Grow up, will ya?

Now I could go on and on with you, but I won't.  You apparently have no one to fight with today, and I prefer a more manly opponent.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Tenaj, but did I ever say that I don't volunteer my time?   

Jarasan -  you wrote:

This is an open forum and I didn't call her a bi*tch Justxploring did, 

I don't want to get in the middle here, but I did not!!!   I never used that expression about women.  In fact, my post was just the opposite.  Go back and read my posts if you want, but please don't misquote me. 

Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

The topic has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton, so you are the one that along with others changed the discussion.  Once you did that, others commented about that change in discussion.

I'm not going to prove myself to you or anyone else.  I answered a poll the way I saw fit.  If you don't like it, too bad.  You are assuming I am supporting Clinton, when in fact I am defending her right to be outspoken.  You are the person who is trying to sway opinion about Hillary, not me.  So what you have been around her.  That doesn't mean she will come off the way you saw her with others.

Like, I said, put me on ignore if you don't like what I say. Maybe the real problem is you have no confidence when it comes to strong women. Maybe you prefer the barefoot and pregnant type.  You better grow up, because they're becoming extinct.

Don't get mad and attack me because you can't handle strong females.  By the way, the nerve of some people telling others they misinterpreted the original question is even laughable. 

TnTea started 2 polls on this forum, that were rude, and cruel in nature.  But, where's your gripe about that?  I don't care if you or anybody else likes my opinion. Too bad.  As long as you make your opinion known, and I do the same you have no reason to whine, whine, whine, and tell me I didn't understand it or I'm being mean. Grow up, will ya?

Now I could go on and on with you, but I won't.  You apparently have no one to fight with today, and I prefer a more manly opponent.

You think this is a fight?  I am not mad at all.  You are mistaken, the fight you perceive is in your mind.  But your insults and BS are nasty, and you couldn't discuss or argue on point for more than two sentences.

Rude and cruel,  read your own posts.

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          25883 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Grow up Jarasan.  You've got your undies in a bunch, spewing your hatred of the Clintons.  You aren't showing much diplomacy in your own responses, so you're one to call me rude and cruel.

You accuse people of fawning over Hillary, and you can't resist an insult of the  Clintons.  Me thinks you protest too much.  What are you a closet Clinton lover? I don't know why I've got you so worked up, but I have no more bones to throw you little fella.  You're obsessed with them.  That's not good for your health.  But the fact that Hillary gets you worked up further proves you can't handle her confidence. 

Try to settle down and relax. I can tell Hillary and I are too much for you.

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #2448
                            October 4, 2003
                            25883 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan -  you wrote:

I don't want to get in the middle here, but I did not!!!   I never used that expression about women.  In fact, my post was just the opposite.  Go back and read my posts if you want, but please don't misquote me. 

Jarasan, sounds like you're the one misinterpreting what you read.

Charlotte NC
                              United States
                              Member #17406
                              June 18, 2005
                              4053 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan -  you wrote:

What?They why did you ask such a question? We all know that any organization that you give to whether it's through taxes- money or whatever is compromised except those that are truly grassroots and then some of those can be questioned.

So what was the point of even asking if you'll doing your part in trying to make this world a better place to live in by giving your time and talents to those who are less fortunate rather than drawing attention to the many things that can happen in the transition of a food donation.  To me it's just useless banter.  Just like the poll.

takeemtothebank

Page 10 of 14