Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should one play if they have others feeding them

Topic closed. 198 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 3 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think one should spend money on food while receiving food

Yes.. It is our duty to feed the stupid [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
No .. They should be using the money wisely [ 31 ]  [77.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  
LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
Fughedaboutit (NY)
United States
Member #8160
October 26, 2004
6777 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2007, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

If I remember correctly I think N.Y. state does take out from the winnings if you collected help.

You are correct.Yes Nod

New York State does seek reimbursement from the lottery winnings of individuals/families for any Public Assistance/Cash Assistance they have received.

The same holds true if one has child support arrears and wins the lottery.

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

I can relate I have GIVEN money to people to borrow, and never expect to be paid back, but if they don't come back to pay, it is worth it.  They know I have a good ?unaddled? memory.

./Beaver Closest thing to elephant, Mr. Beaver. He is a hard worker and gives a dam.

My husband and I both do that to get rid of some of the bums at the lot..

We loan them money and tell them I expect it back when I see them again...

Another business man in this town told me how well that worked.

Some are worth $20 bucks to get rid of

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2007, 1:21 am - IP Logged

A lottery ticket is a purchase of hope so I think everyone regardless of their source of income should be entitled to buy one lottery ticket for the Saturday draw each week without criticism.  Beyond that, if giving someone assistance simply results in freeing up their money to play lottery, that should cause a withdrawl of the assistance.

BobP

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:55 am - IP Logged

A lottery ticket is a purchase of hope so I think everyone regardless of their source of income should be entitled to buy one lottery ticket for the Saturday draw each week without criticism.  Beyond that, if giving someone assistance simply results in freeing up their money to play lottery, that should cause a withdrawl of the assistance.

BobP

I really like what you said here. Perfect!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2007, 9:29 am - IP Logged

My husband and I both do that to get rid of some of the bums at the lot..

We loan them money and tell them I expect it back when I see them again...

Another business man in this town told me how well that worked.

Some are worth $20 bucks to get rid of

Yes NodGood character is not determined by how well you treat those who please you, the good, your colleagues, and peers, because that's easy to do.  It's determined by how you treat those that are less fortunate, bad or a subordinate. 

Based on what you've just stated here - if you and one of those bums were drowning, I would save the bum because the contempt that you show for the bum that you would pay $20 to get rid of - makes him better than you.  

takeemtothebank

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2007, 10:00 am - IP Logged

quite a bit of people who are broke tend to get in that vicious cycle of playing the lottery because they feel that is there one hope to get them out of poverty.they then spend whatever precious resources they have chasing odds that are not favorable to them.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2007, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Yes NodGood character is not determined by how well you treat those who please you, the good, your colleagues, and peers, because that's easy to do.  It's determined by how you treat those that are less fortunate, bad or a subordinate. 

Based on what you've just stated here - if you and one of those bums were drowning, I would save the bum because the contempt that you show for the bum that you would pay $20 to get rid of - makes him better than you.  

And I would throw him back in! Just kidding! Look I know about compasssion, but when you've been trying for years to get someone you care or love out of a vicious cycle there comes a point where tough love has to come to town. 

Also nobody is paying to get rid of anybody, you've loaned/given them cash, food, shelter, whatever, and youve done it over and over for years, feeding the beast.  It is called enabling, it doesn't work.  I had a friend drug addict, that drugs can not kill, tough guy, but many have died around him, ruined grandma and several others, his family has been done with him for 20+ years, he is still at the intersections looking for handouts, still at it, should be a case study.  But believe it or not I gave him money when he  walked up to my vehicle last time, he was somewhat ashamed when he saw it was me but nevertheless was happy to accept a charitable contribution, I am amazed every time I see him, the resiliency of this guy is incredible, I think the heroin has vitamin-like effects on him.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                Member #91
                January 19, 2002
                11927 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2007, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Should they repay the government= I am sure uncle sam will take his fair share, not to mention take them out of the government assistance system......

Should they be allowed to play the lottery=Yes-

1. if you want the first question to happen..

2. Playing does not change the amopunt of money the Government will hand out to you....you might not get as much food as you want.

It's almost like asking if people in poverty or below standard income levels should be allowed to have a Christmas, or enjoy their lives the best way they see fit...or to drive a car that might, for awhile, be better than someone whose income level is higher, or to have cable TV...or a Cell Phone....

It's a loaded question, people on assistance dont have to look like they need it.....from what I see it usually involves whole families, single parents, the aging, and the physically or mentally challenged....If you want to weed through each individual case to catch those that seem to be getting away with ripping off the government, be my guest....

I run 2 public assistance tax credit properties, totalling 350 apartment units,,,I used to think people were getting away with something, Now I am just glad I don't have to live off the government dime...It really doesn't seem that they are getting away with anything,,,to Me.

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2007, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Tell me where you live and I will gladly send all these bums your way...

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #2448
                    October 4, 2003
                    25884 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

What a mean-spirited poll and you should be ashamed. Here it is the Christmas season and you are being a narrowminded, self-absorbed snob.  I know people who don't play lottery who look down on those who do. 

You're referring to people as stupid, and you call yourself a teacher.

Thank God, my kids are not a part of the school system where you teach.

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

What a mean-spirited poll and you should be ashamed. Here it is the Christmas season and you are being a narrowminded, self-absorbed snob.  I know people who don't play lottery who look down on those who do. 

Undoubtly you do not comprehend the post as it was intended.  You are most forgiven for that.. May you and yours have a very merry Christmas...

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                        Charlotte NC
                        United States
                        Member #17406
                        June 18, 2005
                        4053 Posts
                        Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

I agree Jorli D but she can't see it.

takeemtothebank

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
                          Winnipeg
                          Canada
                          Member #14974
                          May 7, 2005
                          3639 Posts
                          Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I agree Jorli D but she can't see it.

hey tntea..looks like a few folks got "issues" with you. i wonder if they would reply like this if someone else was the author of this post  tsk..tsk...petty people.

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #2448
                            October 4, 2003
                            25884 Posts
                            Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Undoubtly you do not comprehend the post as it was intended.  You are most forgiven for that.. May you and yours have a very merry Christmas...

Here's a question for you.  You say you're a teacher, yet you can't spell Christmas correctly.  Should the school district fire you for being too stupid to correctly spell a word?

Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #2448
                              October 4, 2003
                              25884 Posts
                              Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

hey tntea..looks like a few folks got "issues" with you. i wonder if they would reply like this if someone else was the author of this post  tsk..tsk...petty people.

I'd respond to anyone who posted such an insulting poll.  Your opinion for this poll was yours and mine is mine. 

Page 3 of 14