Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you do to Increase your Odds of Winning?

Topic closed. 147 replies. Last post 7 years ago by THRUST.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #85727
January 22, 2010
5 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2010, 8:50 am - IP Logged

I'm not gonna get into an argument about it, it's obviously very close to your heart from what i've read.  The argument can be resolved with two questions. 

Do you have more of a chance of winning if we both purchase the same amount of tickets - NO

&  Have you ever won the lottery and I mean the jackpot - NO

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2010, 8:56 am - IP Logged

I know we all play to win, and we play this man's lottery, because it is, as I was so accurately told; "The working stiff chance to get out of the Trap" So now what do you do, I know many don't believe in a System,  I do---mine! because it works for me! And I don't knock others who have one and it works for them. I do the work out to Increase my odds, what do you do?

The Idea of buying more tickets to Increase your odds of winning is in my estimation a System; it is the system of spending more money to get more money. So you are not just relying on dumb luck to win, If you did not believe in any system at all you would buy just one ticket,  But to those who stubbornly refuse to accept that a system can help unluck... I mean help unlock the door to a win, no amount of showing will help.   Play on and win!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2010, 8:58 am - IP Logged

In my state Ky there was 424 winners last night in the cash 3..I don't know how many tickets was sold but that isen't many winners in my mind..Gotta go get some tickets right now so good luck..I wish jrosina would have gave me 7 numbers so I could have boxed the other 3 but she diden't..Oh well I have to go it on my own..:(..Thanks jrosine..Wish me LUCK..

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2010, 9:03 am - IP Logged

In my state Ky there was 424 winners last night in the cash 3..I don't know how many tickets was sold but that isen't many winners in my mind..Gotta go get some tickets right now so good luck..I wish jrosina would have gave me 7 numbers so I could have boxed the other 3 but she diden't..Oh well I have to go it on my own..:(..Thanks jrosine..Wish me LUCK..

Lol Tiggs, I do wish you want you want tiggs, and what we all want in this LP family rae winners lots and lots of winners,  I posted some predictions and I am not doing too badly tiggs, you should ckec it out for your state and then since you believe in spending more money buy the numbers one up and one down to increase your odds,  I do wish you the best tiggs.Sad Cheers

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Let's see, what to do to increase the odds of winning.....

First I go to the predictions page and look for the three or four individuals who might actually be playing their own predictions. The number of predictions made is a pretty good indicator for who they might be because some of the posters there make so many predictions that they either have very deep pockets and are just playing lotto out of boredom, or are actually already residents in the ILS.

Then I look at the drawings for at least the last ten days for the game I'm going to play.

Then I see if there are any recurring numbers.

Then I get some playslips and one of those plastic lottto 'wallets' the lottery gives out. 

I put the current Star Scroll for my sign in with the playslips, it gives you sets of numbers for all month and for individual days.

Then I check my e-mails to see if the Lottery Fairy has sent me anything. I notice the number of messages and unread e-mails and wonder if it would make a good Pick 4.

On the way to go play I look to see if I see the same numbers on diffferent license plates.

On the way from the parking lot into the store I check for license plates again.

Then I check out the horoscopes in a couple of the tabloids, especially the Sun and National Examiner (Tony Leggett is excellent - once he gave a set of numbers that kept paying $2 and $10 on Pick 5).

Then as I approach the counter I do a "Hukka" like the Samoan football players.

Then I take out the playslip where one or two boxes are marked QP and I have written PAY ME in another one and voided that.

On the way out of the store I look at the impusle item displays to see if there are any stuffed animals, especially unocorns or elephants, and if so rub the ticket on them.

Have a Lucky Day!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2010, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I see some people here who say I hit by using my system..They won't be honest and say it's the first time I hit in 2 months..You win more by QP's and guessing then by following numbers..Just because a number don't hit for two or three weeks don't mean it will hit that week..Ping pong balls you can not handicap..I wish you nothing but "Good Luck" Guru because that's what it is "luck"..And good luck to everone on this site..

It's difficult to measure the value of any system until all the results are in. For instance if we used a MM or PB system and hit the jackpot after 20 years of playing, we could call that system a success. It really depends on the type of game we're playing too because because in games like pick-3 with fixed payouts, we can't wait 20 years for a system to work.

"Ping pong balls you can not handicap"

Some people like to call it an "educated guess" but it's still a guess. Even if 1 or 2 digits repeat from the previous drawing 72% of the time in pick-3 drawings, we're still guessing it will or will not happen in the next drawing. And we have to play all the combinations with the 1 or 2 of the digits to get a 72% chance of winning.

I've seen lots of drawings and the same thing happens every night; they mix up the ping pong balls, draw 3, 4 , 5, or 6 of them, and then we check our tickets to see if those numbers matched the numbers we played. I won't say winning is all luck because I've had success using systems but I still rub my tickets with my rabbits foot and cross my fingers.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7344 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Lol Tiggs, I do wish you want you want tiggs, and what we all want in this LP family rae winners lots and lots of winners,  I posted some predictions and I am not doing too badly tiggs, you should ckec it out for your state and then since you believe in spending more money buy the numbers one up and one down to increase your odds,  I do wish you the best tiggs.Sad Cheers

"I posted some predictions and I am not doing too badly"

Must depend on how you define badly because with a 51.25% win ratio you can only expect to get back about 50 cents for every dollar you wager. I'm not knocking your prediction ratio but it's based on betting $57,000 this month and only getting back $29,000.

If that keeps up, you'll need to catch a nice pick-5 jackpot just to break even.

Hiding Behind Computer

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                995 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2010, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Not all lottery games use Ping Pong balls, some lottery games use computers as the RNG.  Google for Ron Harris, an employee who worked for Nevada Gaming Commission, he developed a program to increase his odds in predicting the next Keno game by using the past draw.  He and a friend went to Atlantic City, used the program and hit the $100,000 jackpot.  They were caught and he spent time in Nevada prison.  They did not hit the first time, all the program did was dramatically increase your odds.  So if he had listened to the naysayers he would have quit after first failed attempt (which might have been a good thing in not getting prison time), but he believed in his system and after a few tries hit jackpot.  His program exploited the fact that the RNG being used in Keno game was not truly random and using past draws could predict future draws.

So if the lottery game is using a computer to generate an RNG, then that RNG is potentially exploitable or biased.  How many times have web sites and databases been hacked by people looking for exploits.  Just because the computer RNG has not been hacked yet does not mean that it cannot be exploited, just like web sited that store credit card information that have not been exploited yet, how do you know that they can't be.  If you want to secure a server from being exploited then you lock it in a room and pull the network connection, but that it makes it kinda of useless.

Jimmy

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I respect all women even if they talk mean to me or even kill me..You might be wrong..:)..but you are a woman..weaker sex..smooooch

So they say......behind every great man is a WOMAN : )

It's ok jrosina.....tiggs is old school! We know better!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2010, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm not gonna get into an argument about it, it's obviously very close to your heart from what i've read.  The argument can be resolved with two questions. 

Do you have more of a chance of winning if we both purchase the same amount of tickets - NO

&  Have you ever won the lottery and I mean the jackpot - NO

I don't agree with this!

Have you ever noticed that when you purchase more than one line of QP's it's as if the computer wheeled some numbers for you? Depending on how many tickets we're talking about.....if your tickets only contain a few select numbers and I manage to play all the numbers on my tickets....then yes I think I have a better chance of winning.

If you choose to play birthdays on your tickets and I play a larger range of numbers than yes I think I have a better chance of winning.

If I eliminate all the numbers I feel have a very slim chance of hitting and you decide to play all the numbers that randomly pop into your head then yes I feel I have a better chance of winning.

You get the idea...having the same amount of tickets doesn't give us the same chance...the numbers do matter!

As far as having a system that works every time...that would be impossible because there is no way to guarantee the outcome of the draw. I have my own very flexible system(if that's what you want to call it) for picking the numbers I play.

And I think the key to playing the lottery is being flexible...however you pick your numbers.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                      Kansas
                      United States
                      Member #83963
                      December 19, 2009
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: January 22, 2010, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Let's see, what to do to increase the odds of winning.....

First I go to the predictions page and look for the three or four individuals who might actually be playing their own predictions. The number of predictions made is a pretty good indicator for who they might be because some of the posters there make so many predictions that they either have very deep pockets and are just playing lotto out of boredom, or are actually already residents in the ILS.

Then I look at the drawings for at least the last ten days for the game I'm going to play.

Then I see if there are any recurring numbers.

Then I get some playslips and one of those plastic lottto 'wallets' the lottery gives out. 

I put the current Star Scroll for my sign in with the playslips, it gives you sets of numbers for all month and for individual days.

Then I check my e-mails to see if the Lottery Fairy has sent me anything. I notice the number of messages and unread e-mails and wonder if it would make a good Pick 4.

On the way to go play I look to see if I see the same numbers on diffferent license plates.

On the way from the parking lot into the store I check for license plates again.

Then I check out the horoscopes in a couple of the tabloids, especially the Sun and National Examiner (Tony Leggett is excellent - once he gave a set of numbers that kept paying $2 and $10 on Pick 5).

Then as I approach the counter I do a "Hukka" like the Samoan football players.

Then I take out the playslip where one or two boxes are marked QP and I have written PAY ME in another one and voided that.

On the way out of the store I look at the impusle item displays to see if there are any stuffed animals, especially unocorns or elephants, and if so rub the ticket on them.

Have a Lucky Day!

I love it, Coin Toss! That sounds similar to things that I do, and you made me laugh. I haven't tried rubbing my tickets on any animals, but anything is worth a try. LOL!

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3114 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2010, 1:18 am - IP Logged

At the risk of being too simplistic.  I think that whatever path takes one from zero tickets to having a ticket(s) for a lottery draw is their system.  Such system may be as limited as buying a quick pick, but that is the system and if it leads to a win, it was a winning system for that draw. 

My cats appear to have won the cat lottery with the prize of free room and board for life.  I will have to try rubbing my tickets on one of them.

BobP

CA
                          United States
                          Member #84266
                          December 26, 2009
                          410 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2010, 1:24 am - IP Logged

The best thing to do to increase the odds of winning is to buy more tickets.

WilliamJohns's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif
                            Connecticut
                            United States
                            Member #83649
                            December 12, 2009
                            27 Posts
                            Posted: January 23, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

To increase my odds of winning I buy lots of tickets.

Also, lately I've been thinking that persistence is extremely important too since there is only so much I can afford to pay each week for lottery tickets.  I'm in the process of starting a lottery pool too to increase my chances.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7344 Posts
                              Posted: January 23, 2010, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Not all lottery games use Ping Pong balls, some lottery games use computers as the RNG.  Google for Ron Harris, an employee who worked for Nevada Gaming Commission, he developed a program to increase his odds in predicting the next Keno game by using the past draw.  He and a friend went to Atlantic City, used the program and hit the $100,000 jackpot.  They were caught and he spent time in Nevada prison.  They did not hit the first time, all the program did was dramatically increase your odds.  So if he had listened to the naysayers he would have quit after first failed attempt (which might have been a good thing in not getting prison time), but he believed in his system and after a few tries hit jackpot.  His program exploited the fact that the RNG being used in Keno game was not truly random and using past draws could predict future draws.

So if the lottery game is using a computer to generate an RNG, then that RNG is potentially exploitable or biased.  How many times have web sites and databases been hacked by people looking for exploits.  Just because the computer RNG has not been hacked yet does not mean that it cannot be exploited, just like web sited that store credit card information that have not been exploited yet, how do you know that they can't be.  If you want to secure a server from being exploited then you lock it in a room and pull the network connection, but that it makes it kinda of useless.

Jimmy

Ron Harris copied the RNG keno program while he was an employee of the Nevada Gaming Commission and found a casino in Atlantic City using the same program. Basically Harris had the results of future drawings. What they needed was a system to cash the ticket without drawing any suspicion, but Harris' cohort checked into the hotel using an alias and his real name was on his identification. When it took extra time to cash the ticket, Harris and his cohort bugged out leaving his laptop in the room as evidence.

"So if he had listened to the naysayers he would have quit after first failed attempt (which might have been a good thing in not getting prison time), but he believed in his system and after a few tries hit jackpot."

Harris should have listened to whomever coined the phrase "crime doesn't pay".

Page 4 of 10