Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question for Ohio??

Topic closed. 265 replies. Last post 5 years ago by marcie.

Page 3 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
Cleveland, OH
United States
Member #107155
March 2, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2011, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Hello Ohio Lottery players, my name is Michaele and I work at the Lottery. 

As you know, we recently upgraded our Web site to allow foran expanded and interactive customer and retailer experience. In the last week,we learned that we have a very passionate customer base and heard from many ofour customers about what they liked and didn’t like about the change. We have heard the concerns and are implementing manyof the suggestions made by players.

We have added back the functionality such as last 20 draws per page, the instant ticket odds and the 2011 Redball results (in the archives). We will be adding midday and evening drawingsto Pick 3 and Pick 4 as well as payouts and retail selling locations for winners. In the coming weeks the site will be enabled for mobile use. Our goal is to add to our players Web site experience and hope you will find the upgrades useful and fun. New additions such as Find aretailer and Bank locator, Just For Fun Games and the randomizer are popular. 

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are listening, soif you have questions or comments, send them to us. You can find a link toe-mail us on the Web site.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34536 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2011, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

As you know, we recently upgraded our Web site to allow foran expanded and interactive customer and retailer experience. In the last week,we learned that we have a very passionate customer base and heard from many ofour customers about what they liked and didn’t like about the change. We have heard the concerns and are implementing manyof the suggestions made by players.

We have added back the functionality such as last 20 draws per page, the instant ticket odds and the 2011 Redball results (in the archives). We will be adding midday and evening drawingsto Pick 3 and Pick 4 as well as payouts and retail selling locations for winners. In the coming weeks the site will be enabled for mobile use. Our goal is to add to our players Web site experience and hope you will find the upgrades useful and fun. New additions such as Find aretailer and Bank locator, Just For Fun Games and the randomizer are popular. 

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are listening, soif you have questions or comments, send them to us. You can find a link toe-mail us on the Web site.

Thanks for the infomation!!  What exactly do you do at the lottery?? if you don't mind me asking??

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2011, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, I noticed some of the improvements when I checked tonight Classic Lotto results.  The cash value amounts of the jackpots and links to the previous winning numbers will be make my visits more informative.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Cleveland, OH
        United States
        Member #107155
        March 2, 2011
        4 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2011, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Hi Marcie,

I work in the Office of Communications.

Cleveland, OH
          United States
          Member #107155
          March 2, 2011
          4 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2011, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Hi RJOh,

The cash option values can be found by clicking on the Claiming tab and than clicking on the Cash Option Value tab in the left hand navigation bar (the Classic Lotto calculator can be found here as well).  The odds for online games can be found under the specific page for that game, each game has an odds & payouts tab.

Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34536 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2011, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Hi Marcie,

I work in the Office of Communications.

Ok, thanks, have a good day!!  Since you work in the lottery are you allowed to play?? Just curious??

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Cleveland, OH
              United States
              Member #107155
              March 2, 2011
              4 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2011, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Lottery employees cannot play. If you have additional questions, please submit them through the Web site. Thank you.

Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34536 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2011, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Lottery employees cannot play. If you have additional questions, please submit them through the Web site. Thank you.

LOL!! that is what I thought!! Thanks!!

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #46493
                  September 11, 2006
                  4177 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Well, the new site does have a new look, which is kind of nice.  But I agree... I think it's terrible. 

I emailed them about trying to find PAST history of numbers, a LIST of past results.  They responded with, "you have to enter the date for the draw you want to see."  I made it very clear that I was looking for a  "LIST of PAST results, like on the old site."  They responded with, "oh, the new site doesn't have that... but some time soon new features will be added." 

What's the point of creating a new website and going live with it when it doesn't have all of the basic features???

With the old site you could get ANYWHERE with just 1 or 2 clicks.  Whoever designed the new site... terrible! 

It reminds me of certain aspects of my job... they change things to try to make it better, and all they do is screw up a perfectly good system!

Keep it simple 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19901 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2011, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Well, the new site does have a new look, which is kind of nice.  But I agree... I think it's terrible. 

I emailed them about trying to find PAST history of numbers, a LIST of past results.  They responded with, "you have to enter the date for the draw you want to see."  I made it very clear that I was looking for a  "LIST of PAST results, like on the old site."  They responded with, "oh, the new site doesn't have that... but some time soon new features will be added." 

What's the point of creating a new website and going live with it when it doesn't have all of the basic features???

With the old site you could get ANYWHERE with just 1 or 2 clicks.  Whoever designed the new site... terrible! 

It reminds me of certain aspects of my job... they change things to try to make it better, and all they do is screw up a perfectly good system!

Have you checked the website recently?  Since Monday changes have been made that are quite an improvement.  I too was concerned about the cash option values and finding a listing of past results and those concerns have been addressed.  The only feature that I used before that hasn't been added is links to all the other lottery websites.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34536 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2011, 9:45 am - IP Logged

@ Surge I Agree!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23349 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2011, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Michaele, thanks for responding to the players here, I know they greatly appreciate it.

Also, it's good to see the Ohio Lottery being so responsive in general.  I know that many are not happy with the site change, but hopefully they also see the fact that your team is responding quickly to their complaints.

When I radically changed Lottery Post years ago I received some of the worst, vicious complaints imaginable.  My very first e-mail within minutes was just the words: "HATE IT, HATE IT!"

I printed the e-mail and taped it to my wall.  It was my method of building a thick skin -- and I would continue to look back on that e-mail weeks and even months later to see that the initial terrible reaction would come to be replaced by praise of what I knew in my heart at the time was a good design and good decision.

So please do keep responding quickly to customer complaints -- but also keep a thick skin, knowing that you're trying to do the right thing.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #49980
                          February 21, 2007
                          34536 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2011, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Michaele, thanks for responding to the players here, I know they greatly appreciate it.

Also, it's good to see the Ohio Lottery being so responsive in general.  I know that many are not happy with the site change, but hopefully they also see the fact that your team is responding quickly to their complaints.

When I radically changed Lottery Post years ago I received some of the worst, vicious complaints imaginable.  My very first e-mail within minutes was just the words: "HATE IT, HATE IT!"

I printed the e-mail and taped it to my wall.  It was my method of building a thick skin -- and I would continue to look back on that e-mail weeks and even months later to see that the initial terrible reaction would come to be replaced by praise of what I knew in my heart at the time was a good design and good decision.

So please do keep responding quickly to customer complaints -- but also keep a thick skin, knowing that you're trying to do the right thing.

Thanks for your input too, Todd How are you good I hope! Did you check it out?? What do you think about it Todd? I know you would'nt be interested in it, but I know you have to keep up with all the Websites, States Lottery System right?I Agree!

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34536 Posts
                            Posted: March 5, 2011, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Have you checked the website recently?  Since Monday changes have been made that are quite an improvement.  I too was concerned about the cash option values and finding a listing of past results and those concerns have been addressed.  The only feature that I used before that hasn't been added is links to all the other lottery websites.

I guess I need to check back to look at it.

Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34536 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

The randomizer is something like how Todd has quick picks  I am going to try it sometimes. Is it working for you?

Page 3 of 18