Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Money and Happiness

Topic closed. 172 replies. Last post 5 years ago by smart player.

Page 7 of 12
PrintE-mailLink

If YOU win the lottery, will the money buy you happiness?

Yes [ 53 ]  [61.63%]
No [ 33 ]  [38.37%]
Total Valid Votes [ 86 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2011, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Ok, let me rephrase it. Money would make ME Genuinely happy for the rest of my life. The only thing that is NOT making ME happy is the lack of a lot of money. Maybe to others it may be fleeting and transitory, but I think I know myself better than anyone else on the planet, so I KNOW it wouldn't be a passing thing.

Some people here just don't get it and never will.  Sorry, but i can't make it any clearer than I already have.

All the peripheral attributes of happiness you mentioned may make some people feel comfy, cozy, warm and cuddly, but I need COLD HARD CASH, and TONS of it. Then after I have the wealth, I can think about all the corny stuff you mentioned.

The only thing that is NOT making ME happy is the lack of a lot of money.

If the only thing that makes you unhappy is the lack of money, well then congratulation. You have already been privileged even before winning the lottery. I hope you win the lottery, then all the problems that make you unhappy will be solved.

But for me, it's not that simple. Most of the problems in my life that bother me the most can not be fixed with any amount of money. I don't want to get into details here because I don't want to get too personal in a public forum like this.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    23215 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2011, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

For some miserable people in the world, money is the main source of their misery. Wondering if someone will steal it, wondering if someone will take

advantage of them because of it, wondering if they'll have enough to live on when they already have more than enough, wondering how the hell

they can stay alive long enough to spend it or just watch it rot in the bank. Why do they need more? They sure wouldn't be happy with more of the

same.

They complain about prices, complain about interest rates, complain about utilities, health costs and so much more when they have more than

enough to get nearly all they need.

Money provides a very false sense of security to some people...the greedy ones who insist on living well below their means will never think they have

enough and hate to spend it. The ones who never had life so good don't know what they are doing and the ones who already have money and just

doubled their current net worth with their jackpot win, will find new ways to have fun and spend...and get in trouble if they chase happiness with

money.

In my opinion if you're not okay when you win, you certainly won't be okay after you win.

Money can't buy happiness, that's just incredibly stupid. It can buy relief..for awhile. It can buy some real headaches too, for sure.

True, lasting happiness comes from inside...not from any outside source..money, spouse, lifestyle, friends, etc. You, yourself are responsible for

your own happiness, no one or nothing else.....if that means finding a way to be happy with your current situation, you find it. No one can let the air

out of your bubble then.

lovewinning's avatar - disney21
      indianapolis
      United States
      Member #115202
      August 15, 2011
      142 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2011, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

For some miserable people in the world, money is the main source of their misery. Wondering if someone will steal it, wondering if someone will take

advantage of them because of it, wondering if they'll have enough to live on when they already have more than enough, wondering how the hell

they can stay alive long enough to spend it or just watch it rot in the bank. Why do they need more? They sure wouldn't be happy with more of the

same.

They complain about prices, complain about interest rates, complain about utilities, health costs and so much more when they have more than

enough to get nearly all they need.

Money provides a very false sense of security to some people...the greedy ones who insist on living well below their means will never think they have

enough and hate to spend it. The ones who never had life so good don't know what they are doing and the ones who already have money and just

doubled their current net worth with their jackpot win, will find new ways to have fun and spend...and get in trouble if they chase happiness with

money.

In my opinion if you're not okay when you win, you certainly won't be okay after you win.

Money can't buy happiness, that's just incredibly stupid. It can buy relief..for awhile. It can buy some real headaches too, for sure.

True, lasting happiness comes from inside...not from any outside source..money, spouse, lifestyle, friends, etc. You, yourself are responsible for

your own happiness, no one or nothing else.....if that means finding a way to be happy with your current situation, you find it. No one can let the air

out of your bubble then.

I Agree! with you dr65

People need to understand the true meaning of happiness, for some is winning the big jackpot believing that money will solve all their problems

While it does pay off the bills buy the new house car, trips etc.

But at the same time money will not change were you came from and who you really are inside, the events in your life weather good or bad that make you who you are

In my opinion  until you can win the big jp 

Look inside your self to find the happiness you seek ,to make your life better

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2011, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

You only think all those things will make you happy, you don't know it because you've never had any of it. So you're just guessing and hoping.

You've never had money and you're miserable so you assume that having money will change all that. Nope, doesn't work that way, sonny boy.

And I don't understand why you take this arrogant, condescending tone anytime and everytime someone questions you about anything. It shows how basically unhappy you are at your very core. Money won't change that, you'll still be the same miserable little plick (that's Chinese) you are now.

You're 50 some years old without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out but yet somehow you present yourself as some kind of financial wizard or a sage of some sort when you should be humbling yourself before your sister for putting a roof over your head and feeding your fat ass. You're a parasite.

Rock Star, Recording Studio, Pipe Dreams.

You'd be nothing more than the next Jack Whittaker story if you ever came into money.

If you really must know you over grown beer bellied drunken hillbilly billy goat, I start my new job in a couple of days making 7 to 800 a week, but i have to work like a dang slave 6 days a week to make it.

And yes, all those things will make me happy. Just because you're happy drowning yourself in Jack Daniels and hunping toothless wimmins with sagging teets doesn't mean everyone else will be either.

Secondly, I'm 47, not 50's something, get your facts straight. At least I'm not 74 like you, you old fart.

And yes, my rock star studio wil be a pipe dream unless I have millions, so see, you answered your own question....dumbass...

Now go back to your basement and pour yourself another hot tottie and then come back and talk more BS....

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: August 24, 2011, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

No of course not.

I'd make me happy for a little - like the original excitement of winning, but there's far more to being happy in life than winning.

The things I could potentially do with the money could make me happy - but there's no knowing unless it happens.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2011, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

If you really must know you over grown beer bellied drunken hillbilly billy goat, I start my new job in a couple of days making 7 to 800 a week, but i have to work like a dang slave 6 days a week to make it.

And yes, all those things will make me happy. Just because you're happy drowning yourself in Jack Daniels and hunping toothless wimmins with sagging teets doesn't mean everyone else will be either.

Secondly, I'm 47, not 50's something, get your facts straight. At least I'm not 74 like you, you old fart.

And yes, my rock star studio wil be a pipe dream unless I have millions, so see, you answered your own question....dumbass...

Now go back to your basement and pour yourself another hot tottie and then come back and talk more BS....

LOL, you're like a brand new pair of cheap shoes. Trying to appear all nice and shiny but ready to come apart at the seams. 

And clueless.

You brag about making $700 to $800 a week like that's good money.

$700 to $800 a week is $36,400 to $41,600 a year. That's chump change amigo, and way below the national median income. And knowing you, you're probably even exaggerating about that paltry sum.

You're a small man with small mind and delusions of grandeur, who's failed miserably for a lifetime and still talking about what you're gonna do "someday" when it's time to start thinking about your old age and how you'll most likely be nothing more than a burden on whatever family member has to support your dumbass.

So get off your high-horse.

And 47 years old? LMAO! I've seen your picture, dude. You haven't seen 47 in at least ten to twelve years. At least! Get real.

And oh, just for the record, you started with the racist namecalling in the post I reference above. I mention this only because you will claim I started it as soon as you realize you've had your ass handed to you once again, which you always do.

The moment you're standing there holding your ass in your hands after I hand it to you, you'll look up and start screaming racism. You always do.

But there's no need for a response, you always say the same thing anyway, the same old "Woe is me, America is evil, Christians are stupid, it's all their fault I'm a loser" and on and on and blah, blah, blah.

Just put a lid on that garbage.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

LOL, you're like a brand new pair of cheap shoes. Trying to appear all nice and shiny but ready to come apart at the seams. 

And clueless.

You brag about making $700 to $800 a week like that's good money.

$700 to $800 a week is $36,400 to $41,600 a year. That's chump change amigo, and way below the national median income. And knowing you, you're probably even exaggerating about that paltry sum.

You're a small man with small mind and delusions of grandeur, who's failed miserably for a lifetime and still talking about what you're gonna do "someday" when it's time to start thinking about your old age and how you'll most likely be nothing more than a burden on whatever family member has to support your dumbass.

So get off your high-horse.

And 47 years old? LMAO! I've seen your picture, dude. You haven't seen 47 in at least ten to twelve years. At least! Get real.

And oh, just for the record, you started with the racist namecalling in the post I reference above. I mention this only because you will claim I started it as soon as you realize you've had your ass handed to you once again, which you always do.

The moment you're standing there holding your ass in your hands after I hand it to you, you'll look up and start screaming racism. You always do.

But there's no need for a response, you always say the same thing anyway, the same old "Woe is me, America is evil, Christians are stupid, it's all their fault I'm a loser" and on and on and blah, blah, blah.

Just put a lid on that garbage.

You should be used to racist remarks since you started it loser. Look who's talking, a backward hillbilly who can't watch videos. A toothless old fart living in the woods getting drunk all day long preaching to me about life. Not to mention believing in fairytales....What a joke !

I'm not bragging dumbass, that's what the inexperienced drivers make, you can make more. Chump change, ha!!!....At least I don't live on govt assistance like you probably do. Sure 800 a week ain't a lot, but it was a point to make against your dumb responses about being lazy and not working. I have to pay an 800 dollar lease fee every week so I have to work like a slave. I can't help it If you're too stupid to get it. NOT MY PROBLEM.

If you make so much money considering 800 a week is chump change, why don't you move out of the hills to a NORMAL TOWN where you can get HIGHSPEED internet MR> wiseguy....You know why you don't?....CAUSE YOU'RE FULL OF IT. YOU'RE BROKE. IF YOU HAD SO MUCH MONEY MR. MONEY, YOU'D MOVE....LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR....YEAH, YOU'LL COME UP WITH SOME DUMBASS EXCUSE.....ECUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES.....LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED !

You talk to me about failing in life? What the Eff have you done except go to bars everyday and get drunk all day long, then come here on LP like your some ladies man. How many wives left dumped you? I can see why now.

You've sem pics of me, then you better get glasses cause I'm 47. You're probably too ashamed to post your picture, and already admitted what an ugly face you have. I don't need proof, I believe you.

Only in your dreams will you ever hand my ass to me...keep dreaming, cause I'd hurt you faster than you can cry mommy while your lips bleeding all over the place, carting you off in the ambulance you old fat drunk. One punch and your history you slob. Go take a shower....I've been around enough rednecks like you to know how they take a shower once a week, especially drunks.

Yeah, you're a real inspiration to me. A backward country folk spittin' skoal from his rotting teeth. You should be ashamed of yourself.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2011, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

You should be used to racist remarks since you started it loser. Look who's talking, a backward hillbilly who can't watch videos. A toothless old fart living in the woods getting drunk all day long preaching to me about life. Not to mention believing in fairytales....What a joke !

I'm not bragging dumbass, that's what the inexperienced drivers make, you can make more. Chump change, ha!!!....At least I don't live on govt assistance like you probably do. Sure 800 a week ain't a lot, but it was a point to make against your dumb responses about being lazy and not working. I have to pay an 800 dollar lease fee every week so I have to work like a slave. I can't help it If you're too stupid to get it. NOT MY PROBLEM.

If you make so much money considering 800 a week is chump change, why don't you move out of the hills to a NORMAL TOWN where you can get HIGHSPEED internet MR> wiseguy....You know why you don't?....CAUSE YOU'RE FULL OF IT. YOU'RE BROKE. IF YOU HAD SO MUCH MONEY MR. MONEY, YOU'D MOVE....LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR....YEAH, YOU'LL COME UP WITH SOME DUMBASS EXCUSE.....ECUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES.....LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED !

You talk to me about failing in life? What the Eff have you done except go to bars everyday and get drunk all day long, then come here on LP like your some ladies man. How many wives left dumped you? I can see why now.

You've sem pics of me, then you better get glasses cause I'm 47. You're probably too ashamed to post your picture, and already admitted what an ugly face you have. I don't need proof, I believe you.

Only in your dreams will you ever hand my ass to me...keep dreaming, cause I'd hurt you faster than you can cry mommy while your lips bleeding all over the place, carting you off in the ambulance you old fat drunk. One punch and your history you slob. Go take a shower....I've been around enough rednecks like you to know how they take a shower once a week, especially drunks.

Yeah, you're a real inspiration to me. A backward country folk spittin' skoal from his rotting teeth. You should be ashamed of yourself.

LMAO! I love pulling the strings and making my little puppet dance! Looks like I really hit a nerve that time for you to go berserk like that, LOL! My bleeding lip, ha ha ha ha ha, you couldn't reach my lip you little pipsqueak, I'd step on you like a c*ckroach. I've seen your picture remember? You're a little, stubby, fat runt. So get over yourself, seriously dude. And I was just talking about a "virtual" handing of your ass to you. But anytime you feel froggy... 

You have to work like a slave? Doing what? Driving a frigging car? You call that working like a slave? The worst part of your job would be the smell of curry and sweat in your stinkmobile but that's only for your passengers cuz you don't even realize how you wreak and how overwhelming your stench is to human beings who practice normal hygiene. Take a friggin bath once in a while you filthy, stinking, sweaty pig.

And realize this: Driving a car is not akin to slavery or working like a slave. Most people drive cars to get to real jobs where real work is done. Driving a car is not work. Wake the hell up, bozo.

And I can live anywhere I choose to, Mahmoud, I've lived all over this country in big cities and small towns and the countryside. I'll take the country anyday and if I have to do without youtube to get away from libs and idiots and scum like you... well, it's well worth it. Any day of the week.

Now go continue the auditions for your male harem, loser.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: August 24, 2011, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

LMAO! I love pulling the strings and making my little puppet dance! Looks like I really hit a nerve that time for you to go berserk like that, LOL! My bleeding lip, ha ha ha ha ha, you couldn't reach my lip you little pipsqueak, I'd step on you like a c*ckroach. I've seen your picture remember? You're a little, stubby, fat runt. So get over yourself, seriously dude. And I was just talking about a "virtual" handing of your ass to you. But anytime you feel froggy... 

You have to work like a slave? Doing what? Driving a frigging car? You call that working like a slave? The worst part of your job would be the smell of curry and sweat in your stinkmobile but that's only for your passengers cuz you don't even realize how you wreak and how overwhelming your stench is to human beings who practice normal hygiene. Take a friggin bath once in a while you filthy, stinking, sweaty pig.

And realize this: Driving a car is not akin to slavery or working like a slave. Most people drive cars to get to real jobs where real work is done. Driving a car is not work. Wake the hell up, bozo.

And I can live anywhere I choose to, Mahmoud, I've lived all over this country in big cities and small towns and the countryside. I'll take the country anyday and if I have to do without youtube to get away from libs and idiots and scum like you... well, it's well worth it. Any day of the week.

Now go continue the auditions for your male harem, loser.

The only strings you pull is out of your ass. You ain't got me all hyped, I don't allow loser rednecks like yourself to talk smack to me. Yaeh, bleeding lip, black ey, and broken jaw. You'd regret opening your crock smucker in the first place you dumb old whiskey slugging goat. Go eff yourself asswipe !

I don't eat curry, but if i had a choice I'd rather smell like curry than some scum like you that stinks to high heaven from B.O.

You don't know waht work is. How can you even go to work when your half in the bag 20 hours a day?....LOSER !

You can choose to live anywhere you want, but you don't cause you're a low life sheep humper and wanna stay that way.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying cause you keep putting your stinky feet in your mouth. Now run off and tend the sheep, they're waiting for you tonight in the barn...DUMBASS !

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2011, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

The only strings you pull is out of your ass. You ain't got me all hyped, I don't allow loser rednecks like yourself to talk smack to me. Yaeh, bleeding lip, black ey, and broken jaw. You'd regret opening your crock smucker in the first place you dumb old whiskey slugging goat. Go eff yourself asswipe !

I don't eat curry, but if i had a choice I'd rather smell like curry than some scum like you that stinks to high heaven from B.O.

You don't know waht work is. How can you even go to work when your half in the bag 20 hours a day?....LOSER !

You can choose to live anywhere you want, but you don't cause you're a low life sheep humper and wanna stay that way.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying cause you keep putting your stinky feet in your mouth. Now run off and tend the sheep, they're waiting for you tonight in the barn...DUMBASS !

I just caught you in yet another baldfaced lie.

You just said:

I don't eat curry,...

But back on May 23rd of this year, you said this:

Comments

joker17Comment by joker17 - May 23, 2011, 12:21 am
                    Thanx for getting the word out. I've been saying this for the longest, even though I'm not a poster child by any length. I do eat as much salad but a good burger is hard to resist sometimes. McDonalds is tottaly out of the picture, and the rest of the fast food crappy chains out there. I make my own food to take to work which involves lots of vegetables and low fat Balsamic Vinigrette for dressing. No sugar sodas except for one can every week.

I make stews with little meat and vegetables, using curry which is very good for you.

So which joker should we believe, the one from today or the one from May23rd?

Because as you can see, one of them is a liar.

You have no shame.
                    You have no credibility.
                    You have no pride.
                    You have no honor.

We don't need mutts and mongrels like you in this country.

Go back where you came from.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2011, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I just caught you in yet another baldfaced lie.

You just said:

I don't eat curry,...

But back on May 23rd of this year, you said this:

Comments

joker17Comment by joker17 - May 23, 2011, 12:21 am
                      Thanx for getting the word out. I've been saying this for the longest, even though I'm not a poster child by any length. I do eat as much salad but a good burger is hard to resist sometimes. McDonalds is tottaly out of the picture, and the rest of the fast food crappy chains out there. I make my own food to take to work which involves lots of vegetables and low fat Balsamic Vinigrette for dressing. No sugar sodas except for one can every week.

I make stews with little meat and vegetables, using curry which is very good for you.

So which joker should we believe, the one from today or the one from May23rd?

Because as you can see, one of them is a liar.

You have no shame.
                      You have no credibility.
                      You have no pride.
                      You have no honor.

We don't need mutts and mongrels like you in this country.

Go back where you came from.

Wow, you got me good, so I ate  some curry from time to time, but you made it sound as If it was a staple in my diet. You actually went back to look for an inconsistency for curry?...ha ha...That's the best you got? That's laughable at best. So what? Big freaking deal....Wow, you had to dig at the bottom of the barrel to find some dirt on me?.....Give me a break....

At least I didn't lie about how much money I make, like you MR. BIG spender...800 a week is pocket change to you but you live amongst the vermon in the woods. yeah, great example of wealth...LOSER!

More racist remarks from the racist queen herself. Go back to where you came from. I'm a Veteran of the U.S. NAVY. You low life bearded mongrel. I gave 4 years of my life for this great country with an honorable discharge you stinkin two timer woman playin' user. Get a grip old fool, you need a wake up call and a good ass kicking. That's the only way to shut your crock smucker for good. Well, at least for a few weeks in the hospital recouping from your hurt I'd plant on your face.

You couldn't finish a sentence saying that shcmidt if in front of my face before I put you down like a gutter dog.

Go back where I came from?...Coming from a toothless moron...I'll poke our eyes out from your sockets and cram them down your throat you fat F**k.....

Eff you assh**e...bring it on. I ain't scared of no one, cause they bleed just like I do.....Bitch mother F***er...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: August 25, 2011, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Wow, you got me good, so I ate  some curry from time to time, but you made it sound as If it was a staple in my diet. You actually went back to look for an inconsistency for curry?...ha ha...That's the best you got? That's laughable at best. So what? Big freaking deal....Wow, you had to dig at the bottom of the barrel to find some dirt on me?.....Give me a break....

At least I didn't lie about how much money I make, like you MR. BIG spender...800 a week is pocket change to you but you live amongst the vermon in the woods. yeah, great example of wealth...LOSER!

More racist remarks from the racist queen herself. Go back to where you came from. I'm a Veteran of the U.S. NAVY. You low life bearded mongrel. I gave 4 years of my life for this great country with an honorable discharge you stinkin two timer woman playin' user. Get a grip old fool, you need a wake up call and a good ass kicking. That's the only way to shut your crock smucker for good. Well, at least for a few weeks in the hospital recouping from your hurt I'd plant on your face.

You couldn't finish a sentence saying that shcmidt if in front of my face before I put you down like a gutter dog.

Go back where I came from?...Coming from a toothless moron...I'll poke our eyes out from your sockets and cram them down your throat you fat F**k.....

Eff you assh**e...bring it on. I ain't scared of no one, cause they bleed just like I do.....Bitch mother F***er...

I'll slap that turban off your head so fast it'll make your head spin.

Then I'll take a dump in it and put it back on your head before you know what hit ya. It'll probably still smell the same though.

Then I'll take a picture of you on the ground looking up out of the corner of your eye with my size 12 on your neck.

Then I'll spit a wad of BEECH-NUT in yer eye and be on my way.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #75358
                          June 1, 2009
                          5345 Posts
                          Posted: August 25, 2011, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I'll slap that turban off your head so fast it'll make your head spin.

Then I'll take a dump in it and put it back on your head before you know what hit ya. It'll probably still smell the same though.

Then I'll take a picture of you on the ground looking up out of the corner of your eye with my size 12 on your neck.

Then I'll spit a wad of BEECH-NUT in yer eye and be on my way.

Ok, can you at least make sure my turban is clean before i go to work? My boss is a stickler for clean turbans.

Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #93542
                            July 2, 2010
                            318 Posts
                            Posted: August 25, 2011, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Of course. I never believed the "money doesn't buy happiness'"saying. No money does not make life perfect (life just isn't perfect) but it makes life so much easier. You no longer have worry about not being able to pay your bilsl, you no longer have worry about losing your job, you can buy the things you have always wanted, but never could afford. You can travel the world and never have worry about those things. People hate to admit it, but the world treats you better when you have money.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 25, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Ok, can you at least make sure my turban is clean before i go to work? My boss is a stickler for clean turbans.

I was thinking of contacting Johnny Carson's estate and seeing if his "Carnac the Magnificent" turban is available.

Now that was a turban!

--Edmund Burke

Page 7 of 12