Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PI in the Pick 3? What are we talking about exactly? A few ideas...

Topic closed. 269 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Kola.

Page 1 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
Kola's avatar - image
Blundering Time Traveler

United States
Member #28945
December 25, 2005
1527 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2012, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Hello...

This short post was inspired by member Kellmusa55's thread about PI in the MATHEMATICS forum. I thought I'd address the PI question with a few rough ideas and a lean towards a Systems approach. I don't have the time for a more nuanced discussion, but hopefully this will be a little food for thought and possibly help us connect the dots...

I've appreciated the ad-infinitum discussion about PI on the LP, for many of us have been trying to figure out what  "x"  could be.

These are the commonly spoken of PI formulas on the LP.

1. (x / p) + c

2. (x / p ) - c

3. (x + c) / p

4. (x - c) / p

It has been said that:

"X" may be the last draw, a multiple of draws or is at least in some way connected to the draws,

"P" is PI, and

"C" is the circumference.

The discussion about what "x" could be have been lively. Its escapes me as to why the other variables, "p" and "c",  haven't been addressed with the same vigor. They are just as important...For example, which value for PI" are we speaking of, and what is this circumference we are talking about? PI is connected to the circumference of a circle. So if you're going to use PI in a Pick 3 formula, it may be pivotal to have some working ideas about "c", the circumference. If you nail that down, it could possibly give you a better construct with which to work and may have a bearing on what "x" could ultimately be....

What is the circumference of the Pick 3? To put it crudely, the Pick 3 is ideologically composed of 1000 sequential points moving in a circular pattern, and so it follows that the Macro-Universe or Macro-circumference of the Pick 3 is 000 to 999. This circumference may change depending on, for example, the draws you're working with, the target range of numbers, the pi formula you're using and etc...Additionally, and more importantly, lets say, the Pick 3 further consists of 3 tiers, or Micro-circumferences.

Each Micro-circumference is its own Micro-universe

Tier 1 is 000 - 333: numbers 000 to 333

Tier 2 is 333 - 666: numbers 333 to 666

Tier 3 is 666 - 999: numbers 666 to 999

Further subdivisions are 111, 222,333, 444 and etc...Each Tier has 333 points.

I think its very important to pay attention to which circumference is in play. If you do so, it may radically change the results you get.

Now as for PI, once you know the circumference you are using, it may seriously alter the value of the PI you input. Instead of just using 3.14159, you may have to, for example, double PI as in 3.14159  x  2 = 628.318 for Tier 2, or even triple PI for Tier 3. To not do so, may throw results way off track...Please remember there are no locked in rules here, just ideas for exploration...

Lets now look at or look for the elusive "X".

In the Pick 3 and as it relates to PI, we are going to use one of our 3 tiers or 3 circumferences to find  the next "x" point given a set of past "x" points. In the standard formula of (x / p) + c, lets hypothetically assume that the value of "x" in the Pick 3 formulas above is determined by some combination of the "past draws". How do we use these draws together, especially if they are in totally different tiers? In order to use these draws together we first have to synchronize them into the same "frequency", or into the same tier. How? You add or subtract 333 and 666 when necessary.

So for example:

223 was the last draw - falls into Tier 1

799 was the second to last draw - falls into tier 3

To use the 2 draws together you would have to synchronize the second to last draw of Tier 2:799  - into the last draw of Tier 1:223 . You do so, because 223 is the draw that fell last, and so its the dominant draw(generally speaking).

799 gets conscripted into 223. So you take 799 and subtract 666 from it to bring it into Tier 1. So,

-----------

= 133

Notice how you have just brought the Tier 3 number of 799 and turned into the Tier 1 number of 133.

Now you can work with 133 and 223 together. How? Its up to you to explore. You can, among other ways for example, add them together and then divide by 2. If you had used 3 draws, you would have added them together and then divide by 3, and etc...You then put your one result into "X" and in the formulas at the top of the page.

So for example, if you use (x / p ) + C, you would put your result into "X" and then divide it by the appropriate value of PI depending on the Tier you are using and then to that 1 value of "X", you can successively add 111,222,333,444,555,666,777, 888, 999(and possibly with some importance- their "mirrors") for a working group of 9 numbers.

The above was arrived at by thinking about the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, which is:

C = PI x Diameter = 3.14159 x Diameter = 3.14159 x  2(radius) = PI x 2R.

If you meditate on the standard formula of PI above, it may help you decide which of the four Pick 3 PI formulas you want to use. All of them are valid, but if you stick with one or two that makes the most sense to you, and work with that as creatively as you can, along with a smidgen of logic,  you may derive more benefit than by randomly using using all 4 formulas.

In the end its up to you to determine if you're going to use lottery math or regular math. Whichever it is, be consistent with it throughout your workouts. Of course you can play with both, but maybe not in the same workout. Its also up to you to determine the number of draws that you use for "X". I would suggest not going beyond your last 9 draws. So lets say you can use between 2 and 9 draws. If you decide to play with these ideas more deeply, observe and try to settle, for the most part, on a particular number of past draws with which to work. Decide well, its not an arbitrary choice...

Lastly, this idea of synchronization, and by extension transformation, is not exclusive to the PI formula discussion, and I believe its quite fundamental to the lottery in general and to the idea of symmetry and balance, or rather harmony, which in the end is whats at play in the Pick 3. Right?

Happy Explorations!

Kola

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #114703
    August 5, 2011
    4623 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2012, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

thanks so much for the post...much much food for thought, I keep getting 3 of 4 in pick 4, and 2 of 3 in pick 3, going to try and figure out where I'm losing that 3rd or 4th digit

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
      New Mexico
      United States
      Member #86099
      January 29, 2010
      11117 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2012, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Hello...

This short post was inspired by member Kellmusa55's thread about PI in the MATHEMATICS forum. I thought I'd address the PI question with a few rough ideas and a lean towards a Systems approach. I don't have the time for a more nuanced discussion, but hopefully this will be a little food for thought and possibly help us connect the dots...

I've appreciated the ad-infinitum discussion about PI on the LP, for many of us have been trying to figure out what  "x"  could be.

These are the commonly spoken of PI formulas on the LP.

1. (x / p) + c

2. (x / p ) - c

3. (x + c) / p

4. (x - c) / p

It has been said that:

"X" may be the last draw, a multiple of draws or is at least in some way connected to the draws,

"P" is PI, and

"C" is the circumference.

The discussion about what "x" could be have been lively. Its escapes me as to why the other variables, "p" and "c",  haven't been addressed with the same vigor. They are just as important...For example, which value for PI" are we speaking of, and what is this circumference we are talking about? PI is connected to the circumference of a circle. So if you're going to use PI in a Pick 3 formula, it may be pivotal to have some working ideas about "c", the circumference. If you nail that down, it could possibly give you a better construct with which to work and may have a bearing on what "x" could ultimately be....

What is the circumference of the Pick 3? To put it crudely, the Pick 3 is ideologically composed of 1000 sequential points moving in a circular pattern, and so it follows that the Macro-Universe or Macro-circumference of the Pick 3 is 000 to 999. This circumference may change depending on, for example, the draws you're working with, the target range of numbers, the pi formula you're using and etc...Additionally, and more importantly, lets say, the Pick 3 further consists of 3 tiers, or Micro-circumferences.

Each Micro-circumference is its own Micro-universe

Tier 1 is 000 - 333: numbers 000 to 333

Tier 2 is 333 - 666: numbers 333 to 666

Tier 3 is 666 - 999: numbers 666 to 999

Further subdivisions are 111, 222,333, 444 and etc...Each Tier has 333 points.

I think its very important to pay attention to which circumference is in play. If you do so, it may radically change the results you get.

Now as for PI, once you know the circumference you are using, it may seriously alter the value of the PI you input. Instead of just using 3.14159, you may have to, for example, double PI as in 3.14159  x  2 = 628.318 for Tier 2, or even triple PI for Tier 3. To not do so, may throw results way off track...Please remember there are no locked in rules here, just ideas for exploration...

Lets now look at or look for the elusive "X".

In the Pick 3 and as it relates to PI, we are going to use one of our 3 tiers or 3 circumferences to find  the next "x" point given a set of past "x" points. In the standard formula of (x / p) + c, lets hypothetically assume that the value of "x" in the Pick 3 formulas above is determined by some combination of the "past draws". How do we use these draws together, especially if they are in totally different tiers? In order to use these draws together we first have to synchronize them into the same "frequency", or into the same tier. How? You add or subtract 333 and 666 when necessary.

So for example:

223 was the last draw - falls into Tier 1

799 was the second to last draw - falls into tier 3

To use the 2 draws together you would have to synchronize the second to last draw of Tier 2:799  - into the last draw of Tier 1:223 . You do so, because 223 is the draw that fell last, and so its the dominant draw(generally speaking).

799 gets conscripted into 223. So you take 799 and subtract 666 from it to bring it into Tier 1. So,

-----------

= 133

Notice how you have just brought the Tier 3 number of 799 and turned into the Tier 1 number of 133.

Now you can work with 133 and 223 together. How? Its up to you to explore. You can, among other ways for example, add them together and then divide by 2. If you had used 3 draws, you would have added them together and then divide by 3, and etc...You then put your one result into "X" and in the formulas at the top of the page.

So for example, if you use (x / p ) + C, you would put your result into "X" and then divide it by the appropriate value of PI depending on the Tier you are using and then to that 1 value of "X", you can successively add 111,222,333,444,555,666,777, 888, 999(and possibly with some importance- their "mirrors") for a working group of 9 numbers.

The above was arrived at by thinking about the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, which is:

C = PI x Diameter = 3.14159 x Diameter = 3.14159 x  2(radius) = PI x 2R.

If you meditate on the standard formula of PI above, it may help you decide which of the four Pick 3 PI formulas you want to use. All of them are valid, but if you stick with one or two that makes the most sense to you, and work with that as creatively as you can, along with a smidgen of logic,  you may derive more benefit than by randomly using using all 4 formulas.

In the end its up to you to determine if you're going to use lottery math or regular math. Whichever it is, be consistent with it throughout your workouts. Of course you can play with both, but maybe not in the same workout. Its also up to you to determine the number of draws that you use for "X". I would suggest not going beyond your last 9 draws. So lets say you can use between 2 and 9 draws. If you decide to play with these ideas more deeply, observe and try to settle, for the most part, on a particular number of past draws with which to work. Decide well, its not an arbitrary choice...

Lastly, this idea of synchronization, and by extension transformation, is not exclusive to the PI formula discussion, and I believe its quite fundamental to the lottery in general and to the idea of symmetry and balance, or rather harmony, which in the end is whats at play in the Pick 3. Right?

Happy Explorations!

Kola

So what would the result of NM last 2 draws?

Great ideas!!

Sad Cheers

Texas
        United States
        Member #114703
        August 5, 2011
        4623 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

hey laker, don't have time to figure out the final answers but if I'm doing this correctly the numbers I get from 853 and 259 is

187 and 223

I think for the rest you have to play with the above formulas based on your states patterns, maybe Kola can give us an example worked all the way out so we can see how to manipulate the numbers..

Texas
          United States
          Member #114703
          August 5, 2011
          4623 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

hey Kola, for texas i get 129 and 191 based on numbers for January 13th, I understand using 3.14 in the formula and x, but not sure on circumference, from my understanding these numbers were both worked out using  Tier 1, would you mind working out an example on here all the way through, thanks..

Kola's avatar - image
            Blundering Time Traveler

United States
            Member #28945
            December 25, 2005
            1527 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

thanks so much for the post...much much food for thought, I keep getting 3 of 4 in pick 4, and 2 of 3 in pick 3, going to try and figure out where I'm losing that 3rd or 4th digit

Its a good sign you're getting those good results. Just keep playing with it and conceptually go over what you're doing and trying to achieve in the way you use the formula...Good luck....

Kola's avatar - image
              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
              Member #28945
              December 25, 2005
              1527 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Great ideas!!

Sad Cheers

Hello lakerben!

Work it out...I hope I was crystal clear in how one may do so...at least somewhat.

Explore other ways too. Good luck...

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1677 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Best of luck to all of you!

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1527 Posts
                  Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Great ideas!!

Sad Cheers

Okay lakerben and lotsofwins,

here's an example.

853 was the last draw, and

259 was the second to last. 

You want to synchronize and transform 259 into 853's tier which is the third tier of 666 to 999.

So you do so by adding 666 to 259, which is:

+666

------------

= 925.

925 is now the transformed second to last draw

Okay now that you have synchronized the draws into one tier you add them and then divide by the number of draws you used. So:

+925

---------

=1778.

Then you divide by the number of draws you have used which is 2. So:

1778 / 2 = 889.

You now plug 889 into the standard PI formula of (x / P) + C. Also remember that the tier you are in determins the value of PI you use. So being that 889 is in the 3rd Tier or 3rd circumference you have to first multiply PI by 3, which is:

3.14159 x  3 = 9.42477.

You then divide the 889 by 9.42477, which is

889 / 9.42477 = 94.3259.

You now successively add the sub-divisions to 94.3259 to get 9 core numbers. Here they are:

94.3259 + 111 = 205.325

94.3259 + 222 = 316.325

94.3259 + 333 = 427.325

94.3259 + 444 = 538.325

94.3259 + 555 = 649.325

94.3259 + 666 = 760.325

94.3259 + 777 = 871.325

94.3259 +888 = 972.325

94.3259 + 999 = 1093.325 = 094.325, because you add the 1 to the 3.

I hope the above was clear.

Good luck!

Kola's avatar - image
                    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                    Member #28945
                    December 25, 2005
                    1527 Posts
                    Posted: January 25, 2012, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks garyo1954.

I don't use PI  in my methods, but these present a little of what I'd do if I did...

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                      New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #86099
                      January 29, 2010
                      11117 Posts
                      Posted: January 25, 2012, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Okay lakerben and lotsofwins,

here's an example.

853 was the last draw, and

259 was the second to last. 

You want to synchronize and transform 259 into 853's tier which is the third tier of 666 to 999.

So you do so by adding 666 to 259, which is:

+666

------------

= 925.

925 is now the transformed second to last draw

Okay now that you have synchronized the draws into one tier you add them and then divide by the number of draws you used. So:

+925

---------

=1778.

Then you divide by the number of draws you have used which is 2. So:

1778 / 2 = 889.

You now plug 889 into the standard PI formula of (x / P) + C. Also remember that the tier you are in determins the value of PI you use. So being that 889 is in the 3rd Tier or 3rd circumference you have to first multiply PI by 3, which is:

3.14159 x  3 = 9.42477.

You then divide the 889 by 9.42477, which is

889 / 9.42477 = 94.3259.

You now successively add the sub-divisions to 94.3259 to get 9 core numbers. Here they are:

94.3259 + 111 = 205.325

94.3259 + 222 = 316.325

94.3259 + 333 = 427.325

94.3259 + 444 = 538.325

94.3259 + 555 = 649.325

94.3259 + 666 = 760.325

94.3259 + 777 = 871.325

94.3259 +888 = 972.325

94.3259 + 999 = 1093.325 = 094.325, because you add the 1 to the 3.

I hope the above was clear.

Good luck!

Thanks Kola it would probably be easier in the long run to put this in a program.  But, now I get the general idea what you are doing.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #114703
                        August 5, 2011
                        4623 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2012, 1:46 am - IP Logged

thanks, not sure why but pi has been very effective at getting me super close, hope this will help get more hits, thanks

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #114703
                          August 5, 2011
                          4623 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2012, 2:34 am - IP Logged

94.3259 + 444 = 538.325

laker looks like NM-likes addition of 454, I get 548.3259, when adding 454, just need to flip the 48 for a straight hit last night:-) didn't back test

Kola's avatar - image
                            Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                            Member #28945
                            December 25, 2005
                            1527 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2012, 9:44 am - IP Logged

thanks, not sure why but pi has been very effective at getting me super close, hope this will help get more hits, thanks

Hope so...Thanks lotsofwins...

Kola's avatar - image
                              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                              Member #28945
                              December 25, 2005
                              1527 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2012, 9:51 am - IP Logged

94.3259 + 444 = 538.325

laker looks like NM-likes addition of 454, I get 548.3259, when adding 454, just need to flip the 48 for a straight hit last night:-) didn't back test

You can tweak it anyway you want. The PI system post is a general template. As is always the case, the more deeply you play around with it the more you will find...Its even possible that the more you play with it the more you will be abe to figure out whch of the 1 or 2 subdivsions you should focus on. Meaning....

When you add subdivisions 111, 222, 333, and etc...to the "X" number, you will have 9 core numbers as I stated earlier. Its possibly that by playing with the formula you will get signals as to which 1 or 2 subdivisions to focus on and add to "X" while discarding the rest...

Good luck!

Page 1 of 18