Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PI in the Pick 3? What are we talking about exactly? A few ideas...

Topic closed. 269 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Kola.

Page 4 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
Kola's avatar - image
Blundering Time Traveler

United States
Member #28945
December 25, 2005
1527 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:01 am - IP Logged

hey there, clarification please?

playing with numbers from Texas, on the 25th we had 917 and 471, I took 917 and subtracted 333, which gave me 584

I added 584+471=1055

1055/2=527.5

527.5/6.28318=83.954

then +111, etc

1193-311 fell day on the 26th
5078-078-fell night on the 26th

still not sure if I'm doing this right but great great system thank you for posting, would you mind terribly posting an example on how to utilize this system with Pick 4, texas had 4414-day, and 2200-night..thanks

also for 26th-we had 311 and 078

I took 311+078=389
389 divided by 2=194.5

194.5 plus 111 etc

3169-693 fell day on the 27th

so using same for latest draw, we had 693, 827

so 1520/2=760

760/9.42477 is 80.639 +111 etc

is my math right, and my apologies if not, my math skill isn't great:-)

Hello lotsofwins,

I'll address the rest of your examples later today, I have to go to bed...

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1689 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:15 am - IP Logged

Hello garyo1954,

I have no ego in this. I've never used the word "failure" on myself , anyone, or about anything. To me "Failures" are opportunities. If you see "failures" or objections please pass them on to me. No big deal. I'm very okay with it, for this is not a contest. Right?  By challenging my ideas, we both grow and learn. If you can just bring your half-empty cup to the table, we'll be okay.

I'm going to summarize a much more extended discussion. Here it goes: Remember Rene Descartes and how he invented the Cartesian Plane - the x,y grid?  By doing so, he defined a blank space and gave it structure. He was able to create and contain a "world" on that blank space and by doing so was able to better interpret and helped us to better interpret the world around us. Anything in a space defines that space, and so even a place mat on table helps define the observation that "this is a table". We all do the same thing when we create containers like Pick 3 systems/methods that help define and give structure to the Pick 3. I tried to "get out the way" as much as possible(which is kind of impossible) and observe how numbers behaved in the Pick 3 Universe. While doing so I gently sculpted a container to hold and structure that expression, and so The Magic Square System was born, and it has given me language with which to interpret the pick 3. Just like everyone's system and methods do to varying degrees of success. So while interpreting the Pick 3, I came up with the terms micro-circumference and macro-circumference. So they are nowhere on the Internet. If you like that magical thinking get a load of my other terms like "polar numbers", the "immutables", "transformers"and etc...Like all of us, I'm trying trying to create my own "x,y grid".

I can't go into it too deeply, because its part of my system, which is not ready for release yet, but I see the Pick 3 and the Pick 4 like a Big Universal Wheel, with numbers that run from 000 to 999. In this Pick 3 Universe there are mini-universes or wheels. Using simple arithmetic this can be proven with numbers, but to be frank it will not be shown now. Just trust me that's its not arbitrary idea. But to continue, the first mini-wheel runs from 000 to 333, or rather from 001 to 333, which makes up 333 numbers or points, the second wheel runs from 333 to 666, and the third runs from 666 to 999. I hope that gives you a flavor of the thought process.

As far as saying, "the last draw is the dominant draw(generally speaking)", the "generally speaking" applies to the fact the last draw is the dominant draw, but not when a "Polar number' is drawn before it. Polar numbers are numbers that "come back" 2 draws later, but their "expression" changes a little, and so you may not recognize them. I've observed that its a fundamental principle in the lottery because it seems to happen nearly 99% of the time. But this PI system was created not taking that into account in any rigorous way, so I just put "generally speaking" there because I knew that the "dominant draw" statement wasn't an absolute, and only a near-absolute.

I think I may start another thread for the RINGS OF PI SYSTEM and just post the simple components without too much explanation. Then I will settle on official terminology to make easier for people to grasp. I created this system on the day I posted it.  Again I don't work with PI, but through observation, I had some clear impressions about where it could go.

Thanks for leaving open the possibility of programming it, and please keep the questions coming.

That's nice Kola.

Since you have no reference to micro circumference or macro circumference, and you seem to be  working through all the logic processes involved and are still working on your wheel theory which in the original post had 1000 points, and need to define all your terms, and work out the maybes, could bes, and perhaps, there is nothing I can do with it. 

One suggestion, if I may, double pi (pi * two) does not equal 628.318.

Congratulations!!! Wish you all the best!

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #114703
      August 5, 2011
      4623 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:41 am - IP Logged

Gary, I'm not sure why you and Kola are having this argument, but is there anyway you could just pm kola if you have disagreements, I'm still trying to grasp the math theory and the back and fourth is just confusing me more, thanks...

Kola's avatar - image
        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1527 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2012, 8:29 am - IP Logged

That's nice Kola.

Since you have no reference to micro circumference or macro circumference, and you seem to be  working through all the logic processes involved and are still working on your wheel theory which in the original post had 1000 points, and need to define all your terms, and work out the maybes, could bes, and perhaps, there is nothing I can do with it. 

One suggestion, if I may, double pi (pi * two) does not equal 628.318.

Congratulations!!! Wish you all the best!

Hello garyo1954,

Please go back and re-read what I written slowly. Many times I have written that double (PI * 2) is equal to 6.28318. As a matter of fact even though I didn't write this for this system, 628.318 is just PI multiplied by 200 which can be useful. Its just increasing PI by orders of ten, which should not be hard to grasp. But it does not concern this thread.

All the logical processes involved are worked out, and have been for a while. These concepts are not exclusive to the PI formula. The only terms are needed to settle was use of the terms "tiers" and "circumferences". To me they are the same, but I will stick with circumference so as to not confuse people, even though tiers was easier to write over and over again.

The 1000 points in my original post still stands. How many pick 3 straight combinations are there? 1000. I told you that I saw that whole Pick 3 as a BIG WHEEL or one BIG CIRCUMFERENCE called a Macro-Circumference,  consisting of 1000 straights, which I call 1000 points. I then said that there are mini-wheels in the Pick 3. These mini-wheels are 3 micro-circumferences, which further break down the 1000 points into .They are:

1. 000 to 333 ---micro-circumference 1

2. 333 to 666 ---micro-circumference 2

3. 666 to 999----micro-circumference 3

Each micro-circumference is a circle. To be redundant, only to be clear, all 3 circles together make one big circle or one big circumfernce...

These concepts are logical and second nature to me. I can understand and appreciate if they sound foreign to you. If you still need more clarity, I will try to help.

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1527 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2012, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Gary, I'm not sure why you and Kola are having this argument, but is there anyway you could just pm kola if you have disagreements, I'm still trying to grasp the math theory and the back and fourth is just confusing me more, thanks...

lotsofwins,

Thanks for your concern. I don't think we're arguing per se. I appreciate his questions, which are helping me to help him grasp the concepts. If Gary sincerely wants clarity, I aim to assist him.

kellmellus55's avatar - 53882ptr8it6sv1
            Clarkston,MI
            United States
            Member #35082
            March 12, 2006
            594 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2012, 9:06 am - IP Logged

You can use Music PI in place of PI which may turn out better in your calculations

Music pi =4.2874

2 x mp =8.5714

3 x mp=12.8571

Ralcules's avatar - CYGNUS X-1.jpg

United States
              Member #636
              August 28, 2002
              44 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Hi Kola...Thank you for sharing your interesting system!!!

I'm a bit confused concerning the math. 

In your initial statement, the example using 223 and 799 you state..."799 was the second to last draw-falls into tier 3".

Then you say  "...to synchronize the second to last draw of "TIER 2":799 - into the last draw tier 1:223

QUESTION??  But isn't 799 from tier 3 and not from tier 2?

So shoud the calculation be   799  instead of   799?   Please explain, Thank you, Ralcules

-999                  - 666

____                _____

- 200                    133

Ralcules

Ralcules's avatar - CYGNUS X-1.jpg

United States
                Member #636
                August 28, 2002
                44 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2012, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Hi Kola,

I think I see the problem.  ...tier 2:799 is a typo error.  You have to bring the second to last number drawn into the the 1st tier.  Therefore 799 is correct.

-666

_____

133

Ralcules

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                  New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11119 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Hello garyo1954,

Please go back and re-read what I written slowly. Many times I have written that double (PI * 2) is equal to 6.28318. As a matter of fact even though I didn't write this for this system, 628.318 is just PI multiplied by 200 which can be useful. Its just increasing PI by orders of ten, which should not be hard to grasp. But it does not concern this thread.

All the logical processes involved are worked out, and have been for a while. These concepts are not exclusive to the PI formula. The only terms are needed to settle was use of the terms "tiers" and "circumferences". To me they are the same, but I will stick with circumference so as to not confuse people, even though tiers was easier to write over and over again.

The 1000 points in my original post still stands. How many pick 3 straight combinations are there? 1000. I told you that I saw that whole Pick 3 as a BIG WHEEL or one BIG CIRCUMFERENCE called a Macro-Circumference,  consisting of 1000 straights, which I call 1000 points. I then said that there are mini-wheels in the Pick 3. These mini-wheels are 3 micro-circumferences, which further break down the 1000 points into .They are:

1. 000 to 333 ---micro-circumference 1

2. 333 to 666 ---micro-circumference 2

3. 666 to 999----micro-circumference 3

Each micro-circumference is a circle. To be redundant, only to be clear, all 3 circles together make one big circle or one big circumfernce...

These concepts are logical and second nature to me. I can understand and appreciate if they sound foreign to you. If you still need more clarity, I will try to help.

Thanks for your time and keep the sytems coming.  Hopefully someone will program this.  It already hit in NM and hopefully several more times.  Whatever it takes to produce a win is what counts!!

US Flag

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1689 Posts
                    Posted: January 30, 2012, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Not to steal this thread, but I played around with QB64 some today and came up with O'Brien's Pi. Nothing fancy......no frills....

Here's the link:

http://www.box.com/s/a4b4glcbr8ehtu9d0ycc

Once you unzip it, find the folder you unzipped it too. I should look like this......

Click OBRIENPI and it should run.

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1689 Posts
                      Posted: January 30, 2012, 12:40 am - IP Logged

The screen will look like this:

Just enter how many 3 digit numbers you will be entering. You can enter 1 to infinity if you choose. Won't matter.

Nest you will see:

It counts and totals the numbers as you enter them.

Kola's avatar - image
                        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                        Member #28945
                        December 25, 2005
                        1527 Posts
                        Posted: January 30, 2012, 12:41 am - IP Logged

You can use Music PI in place of PI which may turn out better in your calculations

Music pi =4.2874

2 x mp =8.5714

3 x mp=12.8571

Thanks kellmellus55.

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1527 Posts
                          Posted: January 30, 2012, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Hi Kola,

I think I see the problem.  ...tier 2:799 is a typo error.  You have to bring the second to last number drawn into the the 1st tier.  Therefore 799 is correct.

-666

_____

133

Hello Ralcules,

Yes, it was a typo. Thanks for spotting it, and thanks for your interest in the system...

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1689 Posts
                            Posted: January 30, 2012, 12:48 am - IP Logged

The last screen will show the results. The X SEED is the X used in (X/Pi) + C.

The column for Lottery uses lottery math, (no carrying). The column for Regular is regular math.

There you go. No hard feeling. Wink

Kola's avatar - image
                              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                              Member #28945
                              December 25, 2005
                              1527 Posts
                              Posted: January 30, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

The last screen will show the results. The X SEED is the X used in (X/Pi) + C.

The column for Lottery uses lottery math, (no carrying). The column for Regular is regular math.

There you go. No hard feeling. Wink

Hello Gary,

No hard feelings at all...

Thank you very much for the program and I appreciate the work you put into it...Forgive the question, but is your program meant to be a variation to the system I posted? If it is, that's cool, I welcome the ideas. How is it supposed to work? If its not, then it seems that the numbers it spits out are wrong, and you may have mis-understood my instructions about first synchronizing the draws and then dividing it by the appropriate PI.

Page 4 of 18