Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 11 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #130972
July 29, 2012
17 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2013, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I've been on a bit of a cold streak lately as well.  I've tried my share of the $5 version and can not hit ANYTHING not even a darn TICKET What?

I'll prob stick to the $10 and $2 versions, hoping that just maybe I uncover a good win.

Also I never usually play the $1M fortune but bought one to try it out and noticed how difficult it was to scratch, or maybe it was just me? Skeptical

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2013, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I've been on a bit of a cold streak lately as well.  I've tried my share of the $5 version and can not hit ANYTHING not even a darn TICKET What?

I'll prob stick to the $10 and $2 versions, hoping that just maybe I uncover a good win.

Also I never usually play the $1M fortune but bought one to try it out and noticed how difficult it was to scratch, or maybe it was just me? Skeptical

In general, all the LFL games have poorer return than other games of the same denomination. The $5 LFL has the biggest penalty of them all. I'm really only playing more of these now than other games because of the promotion. Once it ends this week, I'll scale back on LFL and play other games instead. They have a new Ruby Red 7's $77,777 game coming out soon.

But yeah, one good thing about LFL games is the scratch coating is very easy to scratch. I use a Sac. Golden dollar to scratch those. I can reveal a whole row of numbers with one single swipe and the stuff peels off in one clean little piece.

With the $1MFortune and most other scratch games, the scratch coating is more "dry" and have to use reeded edge coin like SBA dollar, and scratch many times to reveal the numbers, creating big mess of scratch dust.(which is irritating 'cause it makes me sneeze...)

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Jon

agree the $1MFortune is overdue.... :-)

coolac5's avatar - 1 Million-Fortune_event_page.jpg
        Oakland, CA
        United States
        Member #138260
        January 23, 2013
        42 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2013, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Hi Jon, I noticed the same top prize addition on the $1 LFL game.  Thanks for confirming my suspicion!

I have been on a cold streak as of late on the $10 LFL and the 1M Fortune.  LFL has awarded me a $10 moneybag but that's about it.  Hopefully next week is better!  I wish I could get more of the $10 LFL and 1M Fortune, as I too think its overdue for the top prize (unless someone is holding onto a win).

Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Still no big wins, but some better results on $10 games:

$50, 0 on $10LFL: single money bag $50

$100, 0 on $1MFortune: 15 of 20 matches, mix of $5 and $10, weird...

Overall up about a hundo on the day along with some other small wins.

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2013, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 $1mil Fortunes from a 7/11 in Chatsworth...won a ticket :-(

California
              United States
              Member #130972
              July 29, 2012
              17 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2013, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Bought 1x million dollar fortune - Lost

3x LFL $5 from various machines- saw a 10x symbol got excited until it revealed a $1 symbol under it Roll Eyes

decided to buy one more $5LFL and ended up getting a TICKET, i figured i'd go back to try one more because the next few

were low ticket numbers and they were was almost out. I then noticed a worker at the store buyout the rest of the tickets, never seen that before What?

Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2013, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Bought 1x million dollar fortune - Lost

3x LFL $5 from various machines- saw a 10x symbol got excited until it revealed a $1 symbol under it Roll Eyes

decided to buy one more $5LFL and ended up getting a TICKET, i figured i'd go back to try one more because the next few

were low ticket numbers and they were was almost out. I then noticed a worker at the store buyout the rest of the tickets, never seen that before What?

I usually avoid playing at stores where the clerk is playing.

The reality is that Scratch games are a competitive game with other players at the same store, and if the clerk is playing against you, he has an unfair advantage. He can know by watching the ticket redemptions when to buy and when not to buy, putting you at a relative disadvantage.

If I do play at a "hostile" store, I will grab a bunch like 4 to 8 tickets and then leave.(odds or twice odds to offset win chasers) That way they never know what I walked away with, so that interferes with their redemption count on the roll. Sometimes they or the other customer ticket hawks get pissed off when i do that, but hey, this is a money game bro.

California
                  United States
                  Member #130972
                  July 29, 2012
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2013, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Funny thing happened today, I bought 1x $5 LFL, 1x $10 FLL and a 10$ million fortune. Each and every ticket won but was the

face value of each card. so i got my $25 right back, well its better than losing! LOL and I left the " hostile" store haha I think

im going to be using these vending machines a little more often.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #112364
                    June 17, 2011
                    661 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2013, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I stop playing $1, $5 and $10 LFL for now since top prizes have recently been claimed. They are not going to sell another ticket with top prizes for now otherwise they are going to lost money. I may stick to $2 LFL until the top prize is claimed. Nobody claim the top prize for $2 LFL yet.

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2013, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I stop playing $1, $5 and $10 LFL for now since top prizes have recently been claimed. They are not going to sell another ticket with top prizes for now otherwise they are going to lost money. I may stick to $2 LFL until the top prize is claimed. Nobody claim the top prize for $2 LFL yet.

Same here. I was only playing heavy on the LFL games because it was new and they also had the bonus draw promotion. Now that the bonus draw entry period is over, and the initial top prizes have been claimed,(except $2LFL) I'll pull back and maybe only play a few here or there. LFL are poor return games to play on a normal basis, so if you were to load up on them, early in the game's life is better.

So I bought a couple of $5 Black Pearls instead, haven't played it in months and didn't play much of it to begin with, and I got this win:

BlackPearls

Got four matches of $25 plus a 20x $5, for a nice $200 win! That puts me ahead net positive on this game, which is always nice to *beat* the lottery, if only on a tiny battle and not the war...yet.

Guess it was just the right time to switch off LFL! Also, was a bit peeved that they did the news item of the first $6.5M win on $10 LFL on 3/8, which means the claim was probably a few days before, but the website still shows 0 of 10 top prizes claimed as of today 3/12. The nerve...

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2013, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Jon and others... Isn't just the $5 LFL claimed and $1 claimed? The $10 and $2 LFL is still not claimed.. Just saying..did i miss anything?

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                          California
                          United States
                          Member #112364
                          June 17, 2011
                          661 Posts
                          Posted: March 12, 2013, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Jon and others... Isn't just the $5 LFL claimed and $1 claimed? The $10 and $2 LFL is still not claimed.. Just saying..did i miss anything?

The $10 LFL winner story is somewhat hidden in the press release

but the prize remaining table is still not updated. I don't know why.

As far as we know, the $2 LFL has not been claimed. But it is possible that the ticket has been bought but for some reason, the buyer still hold on to it.

California
                            United States
                            Member #130972
                            July 29, 2012
                            17 Posts
                            Posted: March 12, 2013, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

grats jon on your win! I've tried my luck on the pearls before and had none haha oh well. Roll Eyes

Found myself this winner today and was happy to have finally uncovered all the symbols in the LFL series, looking for LIFE next! Jester

ticket #005 only ticket bought today!

coolac5's avatar - 1 Million-Fortune_event_page.jpg
                              Oakland, CA
                              United States
                              Member #138260
                              January 23, 2013
                              42 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2013, 2:39 am - IP Logged

nice wins Jon & Yort!

Picked up 1 $10 LFL, won a ticket.

Picked up 3 Tripling Crosswords, 0 x 3.  Tickets 51 - 53.

What games are you playing?  I am still going to play $10 LFL until I see that it is picked; but like doing the crosswords.  gold bar bingo has a high number of high value prizes available.

Page 11 of 182