Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 14 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
Los Angeles, California
United States
Member #103813
January 5, 2011
1530 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2013, 12:48 am - IP Logged

We have a 3rd $10 LFL winner

Congratulation to the winner in Sacramento!

They posted a picture of the ticket. I don't think they have done it before.

Yes, and of course they hide the ticket pack number, otherwise they'd give away which batch it came from. (if it's even a real ticket...not a fake like last time ;)

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2013, 12:51 am - IP Logged

We have a 3rd $10 LFL winner

Congratulation to the winner in Sacramento!

They posted a picture of the ticket. I don't think they have done it before.

Its safe to say that ticket looks better than my first scratch 10X symbol the other week Big Smile

2014 Highest Winner: $500

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2013, 11:21 am - IP Logged

once again, ca lottery failed to update their LFL top prize remaining table. Makes you think about the accuracy of the other games they have.

Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2013, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

once again, ca lottery failed to update their LFL top prize remaining table. Makes you think about the accuracy of the other games they have.

Are we sure it's the 3rd $10 LFL top prize? It could be the 2nd, which was shown in table as claimed on 3/20.

The way I think it's supposed to work, is the prize gets claimed on a certain day, then they increment the prize claimed table on the website by the next day, and then do a press release writeup a day or so later.(if the winner agrees, sometimes they do not do a writeup)

For the 1st $10 LFL win, the press release was 3/8, so the claim had to be before that, but it went almost a week before they updated the prize available table on the 3/14. (interestingly, I reminded them on 3/13 about this being a week late and then it magically shows up)

Then the 2nd top prize was incremented on 3/20 in the table, and we see the press release on 3/21. But notice they don't say which prize it was. Remember they used to do something like this for the $1,000,000 prizes in the past, like "there are still 27 top prizes left in the $250M spectacular game..." Not so anymore. In fact, they got their facts and numbers wrong in the press releases, stating "Four lucky players will win the top prize," for the $1 and $2 LFL games, when we see that they re-ordered to increase from 4 top prizes to 6 and 7 respectively.

CA Lottery: FAIL!!!

I reminded them about the 1st $2 LFL top prize still not showing up in the table as of 3/22, which was said in the press release to be bough on 3/15, so it was claimed between 3/15 and 3/20 press release. Let's see if that one magically shows up now.

Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing 1M Fortune from several stores and never won anything. Not even a free ticket.

That's unusual, you should have had at least 1 hit if you played about 10 tickets or so. Maybe you have plenty of people at those stores chasing wins and leaving you with more losers. You could try other stores, or buy 2-3 at a time to compensate.

I haven't done great with $1MFortune, only slightly above where I should be according to the stats, but this is through couple hundred tickets.

Got 2 the other day and had a rare sequential hits, not likely on this game, but was only ticket values:

$10, Tkt

Also got 5 $2 LFL and got 50% back, which is typical:

0, 0, 0, 0, $5

And then since I made the good decision of quitting playing Shamrock the other day, I took that $10 and instead bought a couple of $5 Mega crossword, and that turned out to be a very lucky decision that day:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/226512/2984089

Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2013, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I reminded them about the 1st $2 LFL top prize still not showing up in the table as of 3/22, which was said in the press release to be bough on 3/15, so it was claimed between 3/15 and 3/20 press release. Let's see if that one magically shows up now.

Yep... Sure enough, today the 1st $2 LFL top prize shows up in the table the day after I bugged them: 1 of 7 claimed, 6 remaining.

So it's likely you can't rely on the accuracy/timeliness of the available prizes updates, and that's probably just how they like it...

LA CA
              United States
              Member #118691
              November 6, 2011
              416 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I cannot believe this.. For first time I bought $2 LFL and won $100 which also happens to be the maximum I have ever won ... And a few minutes later I ripped it into 4 pieces as I was cleaning out my desk..I know I am to be blamed but whats the next step..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/cal2100win.jpg/

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                California
                United States
                Member #112364
                June 17, 2011
                661 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2013, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I cannot believe this.. For first time I bought $2 LFL and won $100 which also happens to be the maximum I have ever won ... And a few minutes later I ripped it into 4 pieces as I was cleaning out my desk..I know I am to be blamed but whats the next step..

as long as the bar code is still intact, you probably could still cash it. Otherwise, I don't know.

I am sorry about what happened Unhappy

San Diego
                  United States
                  Member #132745
                  September 11, 2012
                  35 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2013, 3:42 am - IP Logged

LOL why would u ever rip a scratcher ticket, just tape it up and bring it to ur local lottery HQ, I'm sure they will let you claim it.

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2013, 10:12 am - IP Logged

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/cal2100win.jpg

Wow, unfortunate mistake, but nice hit! That's a 1-in-4286 prize, which would be like a $500 win on a $5 game.

Maybe you can try and take it to a friendly retailer. They tear the ticket up anyway after they cash it, so as long as they can read the codes to get the redemption credit, that's what matters, right?

Or you can try and mail it in with a note about the accident if the retailer refuses it.

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2013, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I will call CA Lottery after 8 am and see what they say...I will most likely take it to the Van Nuys lottery office to claim it...

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2013, 10:46 am - IP Logged

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/cal2100win.jpg

Wow, unfortunate mistake, but nice hit! That's a 1-in-4286 prize, which would be like a $500 win on a $5 game.

Maybe you can try and take it to a friendly retailer. They tear the ticket up anyway after they cash it, so as long as they can read the codes to get the redemption credit, that's what matters, right?

Or you can try and mail it in with a note about the accident if the retailer refuses it.

Jon

The 12 digit number is intact plus the 6 digit+3 digit serial number is also intact. On the back side the bar code is almost complete except the last 2 digit which came off the tear but I do have the 4 pieces of the ticket.. of the 3, what number are the most important ones to claim?

LA CA
                          United States
                          Member #118691
                          November 6, 2011
                          416 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2013, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Just returned from the Van Nuys CA local office.. They gave me a tape to stick all the 4 pieces...and also asked me to fill a claim form.. They also gave me a notepad to write 2 lines saying that I accidently tore the lottery ticket ..Handed them my drivers license and they took a copy of everything and gave me copy of it...they took the originals and said I will get a check in 4 to 6 weeks. I will post pictures of VN local office in next post just for kicks..

LA CA
                            United States
                            Member #118691
                            November 6, 2011
                            416 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Van Nuys CA lotto office pictures..

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/258855

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2013, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from a liquor store in Fillmore on my way to Oxnard and won ziltch :-( Where are the Fortune winners?? There are still 15 top prizes left.

Page 14 of 182