Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 6 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
LA CA
United States
Member #118691
November 6, 2011
416 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2012, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from a 76 station in Studio City and won nothing :-(

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2012, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from a shell  station in Studio City and won nothing :-(

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Got 3 $10 Fortunes from a 76 station in West Hollywood.. Won nada :-(

PS: also noticed that no one in CA is posting here so might as well close the thread...

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2012, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

And only one person rated the thread..... So sad...... I would love to play some CA scratchers but Im in AZ.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Things didn’t go the way I wanted making $447 back from my $1025 initial investment. I told myself I’d quit the game if I didn’t end up up but I still want to keep on playing, which is a dangerous slope. Either way here are my some of my results

California Lottery:

$10 Ticket Scratchers

$250 Million Cash Spectacular:

Ticket Wins: 2 (44,40)   $$$ Wins: $15 (25) $15 (20)

$1 Million Fortune:

Ticket Wins: 2 (23,26)   $$$ Wins: $15 (23) $20 (22) $15 (40)

$ 5 Ticket Scratchers

Fantastic 10’s:

Ticket Wins: 4 (19,61,1,28) $$$ Wins: $6 (35) $10 (18) $6 (66) $15 (01)

Triple 777’s:

Ticket Wins: 3 (50,6,19)

Black Pearls:

Ticket Wins: 1 (68) $$$ Wins: $20 (57) $15 (35)

California Black:

Ticket Wins: 3 (41,21,26) $$$ Wins: $15 (07) $6 (08) $30 (40) $6 (53) $6 (14)

Hot Streak:

Ticket Wins: 1 (35) $$$ Wins: $6 (60) $10 (74) $6 (56) $10 (32) $6 (23) $6 (29)

Strike It Rich:

$$$ Wins: $10 (71) $10 (69) $20 (75)

Set For Life:

Ticket Wins: 2 (33,66) $$$ Wins: $6 (77)

Mega Crossword:

$$$ Wins: $15 (26)

Jumbo Bucks:

$$$ Wins: $10 (28)

I considered using this approach on an AZ game but was going sticky with a single game that is a $20. ticket because of the BETTER ODDS. 

I was willing to put up $10k and buy 500 tickets, I ended up not doing it went I realized that other states have bigger prizes on their $20. tickets.

San Diego
            United States
            Member #132745
            September 11, 2012
            35 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I stop playing the fortune scratchers because the payout is usually nothing.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I stop playing the fortune scratchers because the payout is usually nothing.

Yeah, something happened with the $1M fortune game. Started out OK, but then went REAL bad, worse than stats of the game would imply. Worst Scratchers game ever! I stopped playing it as well, only been playing $5 games lately.

Our CA scratch games are always behind compared to the east coast games. I wonder if they changed to more sneaky tactics with this game by having more long strings of losers and *cold* and *hot* rolls. This would follow along the lines of other states and be more addictive.

LA CA
                United States
                Member #118691
                November 6, 2011
                416 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2012, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Yeah, something happened with the $1M fortune game. Started out OK, but then went REAL bad, worse than stats of the game would imply. Worst Scratchers game ever! I stopped playing it as well, only been playing $5 games lately.

Our CA scratch games are always behind compared to the east coast games. I wonder if they changed to more sneaky tactics with this game by having more long strings of losers and *cold* and *hot* rolls. This would follow along the lines of other states and be more addictive.

Yeah something is up with Fortunes games..I must have played games for about $150 and won nothing so far...very disappointing..

San Gabriel, CA
                  United States
                  Member #134310
                  October 24, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2012, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone. I just heard someone won the million in the Fortune game. At Christie's Liquor in La Crescenta.

CA
                    United States
                    Member #135345
                    November 23, 2012
                    1 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2012, 2:20 am - IP Logged

Heyall! Recently started playing scratchers. Purchased 4 mega crosswords #37(lose), #40 (win $10), #41(win $20), & #42(lose).

Now that I see the ticket numbers, it seems my tickets were sold out of order. Is that normal? Hmm I could have purchased #37 elsewhere not sure lol. Too much turkey I guess. I'd still like to have an answer to my question if any of you know. Thanks!

San Gabriel, CA
                      United States
                      Member #134310
                      October 24, 2012
                      85 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2012, 9:42 am - IP Logged

The #37 may have been one the retailer pulled out and put back because the customer didn't want it. And whoever bought #38-#39 didn't want the loose one. Nice wins on the other tickets though.

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2012, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from Studio City and won a free ticket..

Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: November 29, 2012, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from Studio City and won a free ticket..

$1M Fortunes have really been sad lately...

And did you see what they did with the $250M Spectacular game? They did a re-order of tickets 6 more top prizes (7.2M tickets) but they did a switcheroo on the game colors!

Normally, when they re-order a game, it is the same design and color. But this time they printed the game #733 (which is orange) with the older green color.(which was for game #713) Kinda sneaky trick to play, to confuse people and try to sell old stock with both still being sold. I wouldn't buy orange anymore, and make sure the greens are game 733 and high book numbers >800000.

When they re-release essentially the same game, they usually change to a new game number and new color scheme,  like they do often with 10x the money and Tripling crossword. This is the first time I saw them switch the color midstream on the same game number and revert back to the previous color.

Oh well, I heard on the news that CA is getting Powerball in April, better late than never.

LA CA
                            United States
                            Member #118691
                            November 6, 2011
                            416 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Got 1 $1 Fortunue from North Hollywood and matched 5 numbers for $2 each...Hmm got $10 back..

Yeah I was a little confused with the $250M spectacular too...They have 9 top prizes left..where did they add the additional 6 top prizes?

Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #103813
                              January 5, 2011
                              1530 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2012, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Got a $50 win on the new "re-order" $250M spect. Of course, I spent $80 already on these, so only losing a little less than I expect at this point...typical.

I still haven't gotten a straight answer from them on why they did this. Only info we have is their statement:

"The $250 Million Cash Spectacular® ticket is so popular we ordered more! Even though the ticket still says 31 top prizes, there are 37 total top prizes. It is spectacular!"

Re-orders on Scratchers are typical on games that sell well, they will order more tickets in batches/multiples of top prizes. In this case 6 more $1,000,000 top prizes (= 7.2M tickets) to increase from 31 to 37. But what they did this time was sneaky, or they goofed and are covering it up. Re-orders normally are just a re-print the same game and color scheme with new pack numbers.

Why the heck they changed from the orange color game 733 to the previous green color game 713 but still represent it as game 733 and still selling both colors is the question. You don't know from which color the remaining prizes are counted for.

Page 6 of 182