Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 5 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
LA CA
United States
Member #118691
November 6, 2011
416 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Hot Streak came out in January so it is due to be pulled. Games typically run about 9 months. Could very well be pulled even with lots of prizes (9 of 20) still remaining, that is also typical.

Calif Black came out in March, but that was a hot seller so it may stick around a bit more. I still see it everywhere. Those big $250,000 top prize $5 games are much worse for typical return on medium prizes in order to help fund the top prize, so you'll lose more on those.

Black Pearls is the equivalent game to Hot Streak, as far as prize tier odds, so you may like that one. But always double check with ticket scanners or with 2nd chance replay entry on your computer. If you got $45 back on $50 in tickets, that's good! Overall return is 70.42% so you got 90% back, that's a good day in my book.

I like Monopoly game so far, even though the odds are not great. Triple 777 is a good one as far as overall odds, and the easiest and quickest to determine a winner.(I like the easy ones, can't stand crossword games)

Jon

so do you only play $10 games? I agree on the low return on $5 ones..especially the Blacks.. I haven't gotten anything more than $10 on that so I stopped it.

also the $10 Fantasy on paper seems to have high returns but practically I have not seen that to be true.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #103813
    January 5, 2011
    1530 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I mostly play $5 games, with a mix of some $10 games too. Pretty much never play $1, $2 or $3 games.

Actually, I like $5 Calif Black, one of my favorites. Even though the odds are not the greatest on paper, I'm getting about 73% back on that game, which is better than game odds of 70.4% total. No big wins, but got $100 a few times through several hundred tickets. Plus have the possibility of higher $250,000 top prize instead of $100,000 from the other $5 games. Any time you can beat game odds over a long period, that is good.

Strike it Rich on the other hand is killing me. Played it hard during that 2 month promotion, but have stopped now.

Really crappy odds games like Set for Life I stay away from, only play a couple here and there occasionally.

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2012, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

I mostly play $5 games, with a mix of some $10 games too. Pretty much never play $1, $2 or $3 games.

Actually, I like $5 Calif Black, one of my favorites. Even though the odds are not the greatest on paper, I'm getting about 73% back on that game, which is better than game odds of 70.4% total. No big wins, but got $100 a few times through several hundred tickets. Plus have the possibility of higher $250,000 top prize instead of $100,000 from the other $5 games. Any time you can beat game odds over a long period, that is good.

Strike it Rich on the other hand is killing me. Played it hard during that 2 month promotion, but have stopped now.

Really crappy odds games like Set for Life I stay away from, only play a couple here and there occasionally.

Yeah agree..I completely stopped SFL games.. I stick to $10 Fortune and $250 million spectaculars...Occassionally I go for Blacks but its has killed me.

LA CA
        United States
        Member #118691
        November 6, 2011
        416 Posts
        Posted: October 7, 2012, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Got 4 $10 Spectacular from Chevron in Hollywood and all turned out to be duds.. $40 down the drain...

Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Got 4 $10 Spectacular from Chevron in Hollywood and all turned out to be duds.. $40 down the drain...

I've never done well buying a lot of the $10 games. They are worse than the $5 games in having mostly single winners with few sequential winners.

When hitting a store, I like buy only 1 or 2 of the $10 games, and then 2 to 4 of a couple different $5 games.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22848 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

What's strange for me is I have to find out just which type of day it is....never fails. That's why I like to test the 'waters' with
            a variety of tickets.
            $1s $2s $5's $10s $20's....I really don't like the $3's because they're games....but if none of the others are doing anything,
            I'll try them. I've done good determining what denomination to play - sometimes a $1 will give $100 and that's a LOT better
            than a $20 giving nothing.
            You don't go wild testing, just one or two there...I never was one to buy more than 2 of the $20's anyway from one
            slot.
            I hope everyone finds a super one this week. Good luck!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: October 10, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, finding which denomination is hitting that day is tricky. I mix up my playing as well. Some days I'll play a mix of denominations, some days I'll hit the $5 or the $10s only, but at different stores. Some days I'll buy a bunch at once, some days I'll chase wins if I can find an empty store and a machine to myself. Just depends how I feel. I'll even play $2 tickets occasionally when they have special themes, or when the seasonal ones come out.

The other day, I went to a store that has a "regular" win chaser and a clerk that plays also, what I call a hostile environment. In this type of store I do a dash and grab: buy like 2 to 4 tickets of a few different games and then leave. I know this pisses them off because they never know what I walked away with from those rolls. In fact, that day the guy actually asked me in an irritated tone, "hey, why do you play like that? what if you win and then waste money on the other tickets?" I just said I was on my lunch break and gotta run, which was true. But truth is, I know from my detailed ticket tracking that I'm actually at a profit at that store, so it works for me, I'll keep doing it.

LA CA
                United States
                Member #118691
                November 6, 2011
                416 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from a CVS store in Burbank and got ziltch back :-(

San Diego
                  United States
                  Member #132745
                  September 11, 2012
                  35 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2012, 4:48 am - IP Logged

I noticed the fortune's payback is pretty horrible, I think the most I won out of over 20 fortune ticket is a free ticket. I'm still trying to get SFL ticket as much as I can until they are gone.

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: October 14, 2012, 6:20 am - IP Logged

I noticed the fortune's payback is pretty horrible, I think the most I won out of over 20 fortune ticket is a free ticket. I'm still trying to get SFL ticket as much as I can until they are gone.

Wow, that's just bad luck. One interesting thing about this game is that it's loaded with $20 prizes, so you should be getting more of those winners than anything, even more than $10 or Ticket prizes.  That's really unusual that you didn't hit a $20 prize by now. And payback should be much better than SFL in typical play.

Try mixing up where you are playing, different stores at different times. Some stores just pay back worse. Or what's really happening is you are competing with other players, and someone could be sucking up all the winners on this game where you are playing.

So far on $1M Fortune I've hit a $30, $50 and $100 but nothing higher, and getting better than average return on it. The other interesting thing about this game is that the $100 prize is best odds of any Scratchers game at 1-in-82, even better odds than hitting $30 or $50 which is strange.

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: October 14, 2012, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Got 3 $5 CA Blacks from a Sherman Oaks liquor store and all turned out duds....Bad luck running on me....will stop for a few days..

San Diego
                        United States
                        Member #132745
                        September 11, 2012
                        35 Posts
                        Posted: October 16, 2012, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Hey Jon, what area do you most play in? for me its mostly Pomona,Walnut, Diamond Bar, and Chino. Sometimes I venture out to temecula/san diego when I go back home.

LA CA
                          United States
                          Member #118691
                          November 6, 2011
                          416 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Got 8 $10 Fortunes from different LA locations... Just got $20 back....$60 in the trash :-(

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #103813
                            January 5, 2011
                            1530 Posts
                            Posted: October 25, 2012, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Hey Jon, what area do you most play in? for me its mostly Pomona,Walnut, Diamond Bar, and Chino. Sometimes I venture out to temecula/san diego when I go back home.

I play Scratchers off and on all around Los Angeles, Hollywood and downtown.

Nothing interesting to report lately. Any other CA Scratchers players have some interesting winning tickets?

On a side note, I tried that Monopoly replay 2nd chance game. What a joke! Was hoping for some kind of *real* interactive game where you could play and collect properties and stuff. But instead, they give us this "fake" game, where all you do is waste time for a predetermined entry multiplier value. At least they gave the option of skipping playing the game.

They hyped this Monopoly game so much, but now that it's here . . . meh.

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Got 4 $10 Fortunes from 2 different places in Arcadia..... Got $10 back and lost $30 :-(

Page 5 of 182