Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 2 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
Oxnard,CA
United States
Member #132603
September 7, 2012
17 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Hot Streak: Store 1

71 - 79

73: $15

75: $10

Hot Streak: Store 2

69 - 79

First seven tix duds 68-74...yuck

75: $15

76: $20

77: $6

78-79: - 

Down for the day and gonna take a mini break until I get to Arizona and buy a book...Good luck everyone

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2012, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

why are they pulling the SFL's? These new ones just came out a few months back. The last SFL was won in Culver City 3 days back.

LA CA
      United States
      Member #118691
      November 6, 2011
      416 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2012, 2:37 am - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortune scratchers.. They were the last 2 in the roll.

First one was a loser and second one had a 20x with $1 under it...Duh ended up getting $20 back.

Oxnard,CA
        United States
        Member #132603
        September 7, 2012
        17 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2012, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Glad you were able to get your money back on the Fortune scratchers. Getting even is so much better than being down.

I went a little crazy last night and bought a book of Set For Life and only got back $175. 

Is there a site that tells you when and where winners happened?

Also, starting on the 24th the Monopoly game will be released. I wonder if it's true that the lottery floods the first released books with winners to entice players to play. That's what those guys are always saying in the other thread. Needless to say I will be buying a book of $5 monopoly tix. Maybe even 2

San Diego
          United States
          Member #132745
          September 11, 2012
          35 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2012, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Yea I feel taht SFL is ending soon because it's hard to find in most stores, but will they come out with a new SFL? 

Been buying Fortune and 250 million spectacular since SFL payout sucks.

LA CA
            United States
            Member #118691
            November 6, 2011
            416 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 Fortunes from a liquor store in Studio City (near universal city) and both ended up losers.. Down $20 today..

SFL has the worst odds...

LA CA
              United States
              Member #118691
              November 6, 2011
              416 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2012, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $20 Fortunes from a gas station in Stevenson Ranch ca....$0 returns... $20 down for today :-(

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2012, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Did you see the latest CA Lottery bulletin, with the modified Replay 2nd chance entry limit:

Lottery Announces Revised Policy on 2nd Chance Entries

The California Lottery's 2nd Chance programs offer additional fun and excitement to our players and contribute to our mission to provide supplemental funds for public education. The Lottery is also equally committed to encouraging our customers to play responsibly.  Therefore, effective October 1, 2012, we will limit all 2nd Chance entries to no more than 1,000 entries per month.  Any person who enters more than 1,000 entries for Scratchers 2nd Chance and/or Fantasy 5 Bonus Bucks in a given calendar month, will be disqualified from all 2nd Chance drawings he/she has entered.

What do you think of that?

I guess in my case I like it, because I play much less than 1000 tickets a month. And compared to the smelly bum that digs through the trash cans of several stores in the area several times a day, I'm at a big disadvantage.

But for the high roller that actually buys many packs a week, they are getting the shaft. I mean a hard cap of 1000 is one thing, but erasing all the entries if you go over 1000 is overkill.

LA CA
                  United States
                  Member #118691
                  November 6, 2011
                  416 Posts
                  Posted: September 19, 2012, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I like the new policy. 1000 tickets a month is a lot !! WOW ! I think the limit should be reduced to 100 ..LOL !! Its insane if someone is entering 1000 $10 tickets each month...

Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I like the new policy. 1000 tickets a month is a lot !! WOW ! I think the limit should be reduced to 100 ..LOL !! Its insane if someone is entering 1000 $10 tickets each month...

I dunno if this is the reason for the change, but I've observed a few different people in the stores with the same M.O.:

They are old guys, carrying a plastic bag, come into the store at various times of the day, go over to the trash can by the lottery kiosk, reach in a pull out handfuls of discarded scratch tickets, puts them in their bag and then leaves.

I don't know if they are entering all those in as replay, but if they are just looking for discarded winners, the ticket scanners are right there too, unless they don't trust that. So if they are entering in those tickets as replay 2nd chance entries, they must be entering in thousands and thousands of tickets a month, exactly what would be targeted by this rule change.

Some people on this forum have even admitted to being "dumpster diggers" so if this is happening in many cities all across the state, thats millions and millions of tickets being entered that would otherwise water down my chances with my paltry couple hundred entries, even though my odds of winning a replay drawing are miniscule at best, as hard as winning the top prize with normal play.

Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

why are they pulling the SFL's? These new ones just came out a few months back. The last SFL was won in Culver City 3 days back.

Most of the games have a run time of about 9 months. If they sell well they may re-order more and extend the game, or if they are selling poorly, they might pull the game early so they can release a better game.

The 731 SFL came out in February, so if they are starting to pull it now, the end of game date is in a month or two, so that would make it about 9 months.

On a side note, I was just happening to look at last year's 2011 Scratchers data, and noticed a strange thing with SFL, where one store got three $2,000,000 SFL winners, this highly unusual:

prize_amountproduct_namecreation_dateplayer_lastplayer_firstoutlet_nameaddress
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANKHIEMFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANYENFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                      $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011THAISAFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116

This was probably the older 679 SFL, but still. Gee...that store must be buying up all the SFL games to hit 3 of them!? ;)

I hadn't looked at 2012 data yet, but now I'm curious...

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2012, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Most of the games have a run time of about 9 months. If they sell well they may re-order more and extend the game, or if they are selling poorly, they might pull the game early so they can release a better game.

The 731 SFL came out in February, so if they are starting to pull it now, the end of game date is in a month or two, so that would make it about 9 months.

On a side note, I was just happening to look at last year's 2011 Scratchers data, and noticed a strange thing with SFL, where one store got three $2,000,000 SFL winners, this highly unusual:

prize_amountproduct_namecreation_dateplayer_lastplayer_firstoutlet_nameaddress
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANKHIEMFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011TRANYENFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116
                        $2,000,000SET FOR LIFE4/20/2011THAISAFAMILY WASH & DRY330 E SANTA CLARA ST, SAN JOSE, CA, 95116

This was probably the older 679 SFL, but still. Gee...that store must be buying up all the SFL games to hit 3 of them!? ;)

I hadn't looked at 2012 data yet, but now I'm curious...

Jon 

Thanks for the info. Yeah that's really strange wins at the same store. Just curious how did you get the 2011 data? I would love to get that too..

Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: September 20, 2012, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Jon 

Thanks for the info. Yeah that's really strange wins at the same store. Just curious how did you get the 2011 data? I would love to get that too..

You can contact the Public Records person for this info.

Each state lottery has one, but it is often buried. Go to Contact Us on the bottom of the page, then the Public Records Request link on the side, and you can email the person that handles such requests. Just ask them clearly what you want and they'll try and see if they can send it to you.

It's better if more people bug them for this data. I personally think they should have this regularly updated and available for download on the website. Keep on buggin' em and they might consider. They are tired of me already...

Check out South Carolina Lottery website, they have daily updates of Scratch and regular draw Lottery winners. Granted much smaller state, but just shows you what our CA lottery could do if they put their mind to it. At least we got daily updates of all prize tiers for scratchers now, that is an improvement.

LA CA
                            United States
                            Member #118691
                            November 6, 2011
                            416 Posts
                            Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks Jon. I sent an email on CA lottery site ....How long does it take for them to get back to me?

California
                              United States
                              Member #133055
                              September 19, 2012
                              1 Posts
                              Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:46 am - IP Logged

Are the numbers in parenthesis the order of the ticket you purchase?

Page 2 of 182