Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 181 of 182
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #147165
September 24, 2013
507 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2015, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Chacha! I meant to say I have not won something more than $100 in many months which is where the odds get steeper.

I plan on still playing but sparingly as I have these days. Being honest about these things, the win like this will eventually run out when 60% of the return is allocated for the common prizes, in this case, the top prize alone takes a whopping 11% of the 81.4% return. A good stopping point (to retire from playing) would be a $10,000 win, but I will not go out of my way to chase that or hold my breath.

I still have some funds left after winning $500 from the 5million jackpot scratcher last year. I will go about playing one $30 ticket a week for the first 3 weeks of the month. If one of the three is a ticket break even or a winner, I will get one more for the 4th week. I do not have the same disposable income as before (I regret losing as much as I have in the past) but it is enough to do a few tickets a month. Buying 6 $5 tickets is not the same as buying a $30 in terms of return.

United States
    Member #147165
    September 24, 2013
    507 Posts
    Posted: September 20, 2015, 1:00 am - IP Logged

It seems like the California Lottery is getting more desperate with the declining sales of scratch off tickets to start doing in person surveys.

I got an invite by e-mail yesterday, I did many surveys for the past few years but this is taking it to another level...

--- Beginning of Message ---

This message is being sent to you as you have registered to participate in various programs offered by theCalifornia Lottery. Only a select group of our registered players are being sent this email invitation.

We are currently scheduling in-person "one-on-one discussions" with Players as part of a research study. As one of our valued players we would like to invite you to complete this short online survey, which will determine if you are eligible to participate in a "one-on-one discussion" with a member of our Lottery staff. We will ask you questions about yourself and your Lottery play.

This online survey should take approximately 3 minutes of your time. We would appreciate your feedback by Tuesday, September 22nd, so that you may be eligible to participate. Within the following weeks a member of our Lottery staff may call you at the phone number you provide and ask a few more questions to see if we can arrange a good time to meet with you in person.

If you are chosen to participate in a "one on one" discussion (located in your area) you will be given at least$100 in Scratchers® tickets, at the end of the meeting. This is a token of our appreciation for your time.

Only players who have been invited can complete this survey. Therefore, at the start of the survey you will be asked to enter your Lottery 2nd Chance number (as included in this email) or the email address where this invitation was sent.

--- End of Message ---

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: September 20, 2015, 2:15 am - IP Logged

It seems like the California Lottery is getting more desperate with the declining sales of scratch off tickets to start doing in person surveys.

I got an invite by e-mail yesterday, I did many surveys for the past few years but this is taking it to another level...

This message is being sent to you as you have registered to participate in various programs offered by theCalifornia Lottery. Only a select group of our registered players are being sent this email invitation.

We are currently scheduling in-person "one-on-one discussions" with Players as part of a research study. As one of our valued players we would like to invite you to complete this short online survey, which will determine if you are eligible to participate in a "one-on-one discussion" with a member of our Lottery staff. We will ask you questions about yourself and your Lottery play.

This online survey should take approximately 3 minutes of your time. We would appreciate your feedback by Tuesday, September 22nd, so that you may be eligible to participate. Within the following weeks a member of our Lottery staff may call you at the phone number you provide and ask a few more questions to see if we can arrange a good time to meet with you in person.

If you are chosen to participate in a "one on one" discussion (located in your area) you will be given at least$100 in Scratchers® tickets, at the end of the meeting. This is a token of our appreciation for your time.

Only players who have been invited can complete this survey. Therefore, at the start of the survey you will be asked to enter your Lottery 2nd Chance number (as included in this email) or the email address where this invitation was sent.

--- End of Message ---

Yeah.  Pretty lame.

Los Angeles
        United States
        Member #152438
        February 15, 2014
        19 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2015, 8:01 am - IP Logged

--- End of Message ---

Ha! I got this email a few months ago... They upped the compensation from $60 to $100.

San Diego, CA
          United States
          Member #58386
          February 12, 2008
          287 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2015, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I bought a 30th Anniversary Scratcher.  It became wet on the bottom and the numbers for the $100 - $1000 match game can not be read.  The bar code used to find out if is a winner at a scanner also probably ruined.

If I enter the ticket in the 2nd Chance Drawing will it be rejected if it is a winning ticket?

What other options are there to find out if it is a winning ticket?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #149492
            December 2, 2013
            919 Posts
            Posted: September 22, 2015, 12:55 am - IP Logged

I bought a 30th Anniversary Scratcher.  It became wet on the bottom and the numbers for the $100 - $1000 match game can not be read.  The bar code used to find out if is a winner at a scanner also probably ruined.

If I enter the ticket in the 2nd Chance Drawing will it be rejected if it is a winning ticket?

What other options are there to find out if it is a winning ticket?

The 2nd chance should reject the ticket if it's a winner.  If it does reject it, I guess a trip to the local lottery office would be in order.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: September 22, 2015, 3:07 am - IP Logged

If the merchant can read the 16 digit code as well as the Roll ID and Ticket number, they can enter all those numbers to cash out. If not, you have to go to the district office even if it is for a measly TICKET or $40, you get a check in the mail since they do not have cash in hand.

2nd chance rejects winners, only losing codes are kept track in their system.

Santa Barbara
                United States
                Member #154772
                April 28, 2014
                95 Posts
                Posted: September 22, 2015, 11:45 am - IP Logged

The new scanning feature with your smart phone is the best thing the California Lottery has done in the last 20 years.

United States
                  Member #147165
                  September 24, 2013
                  507 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2015, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

The new scanning feature with your smart phone is the best thing the California Lottery has done in the last 20 years.

Hardly at all, the scanning feature only benefits to those that play high volume. It is nifty but scanning too many winning tickets by accident locks out your account for 30 minutes.

The Assembly Bill 142 in 2009 that took out the mandatory 33 or 34 cents per every dollar played to education is the best thing.  Other than that I liked the Raffle back in 2003,  but they never brought it back after one run, it was the best chance at winning $1 million ever offered by the CALottery.

Santa Barbara
                    United States
                    Member #154772
                    April 28, 2014
                    95 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Hardly at all, the scanning feature only benefits to those that play high volume. It is nifty but scanning too many winning tickets by accident locks out your account for 30 minutes.

The Assembly Bill 142 in 2009 that took out the mandatory 33 or 34 cents per every dollar played to education is the best thing.  Other than that I liked the Raffle back in 2003,  but they never brought it back after one run, it was the best chance at winning $1 million ever offered by the CALottery.

"High volume" as in people that have a gambling problem or dumpster divers.  I hated having to enter those tickets manually.

Pasadena, CA
                      United States
                      Member #153326
                      March 13, 2014
                      186 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2015, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

The raffle was last offered in 2008; tickets were $20 a pop and the lowest prize was $2,008. It didn't sell out and they haven't offered it since.

United States
                        Member #147165
                        September 24, 2013
                        507 Posts
                        Posted: September 23, 2015, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

The raffle was last offered in 2008; tickets were $20 a pop and the lowest prize was $2,008. It didn't sell out and they haven't offered it since.

I forgot about that one, the first one was better though, more winners. It sold enough to get 10 top prizes instead of the standard 5 if it exceeded the threshold.

United States
                          Member #147165
                          September 24, 2013
                          507 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2015, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

One of the $10 million prizes is off the books. No update about the winner.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #167035
                            June 22, 2015
                            1340 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2015, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

One of the $10 million prizes is off the books. No update about the winner.

saw online it was in Modesto or something

for more news - NY is releasing the Extra Play game on Tuesday it looks exactly the same as yours and the back plays exactly the same way - not sure about the front yet - pic attached

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1203692252980989&set=o.1451433068410817&type=3&theater

NY
                              United States
                              Member #167035
                              June 22, 2015
                              1340 Posts
                              Posted: October 10, 2015, 10:22 am - IP Logged

edit - no $50 burst in NY on the front but we have the 5 and 10x wonder if CA lotto should sue - but then the odds would suck even more in NY

Page 181 of 182