Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Lottery - California Love - CA Lottery Scratchers

Topic closed. 2718 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CAScratcher20.

Page 49 of 182
PrintE-mailLink
near hollywood
United States
Member #147775
October 12, 2013
4 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2013, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Hiya ...I noticed that a few liquor stores on melrose the owner scratches his own tickets.

Even at a  vending machine I have seen the person loading take the first three and last three tickets

I am not convinced the odds stated are realistic because the odds were calculated by how many tickets issued to how many winners. I think if the odds stated how many tickets distributed and winners we would see what a losing deal the ca lottery is. The tickets have serial number so the state mustard know where the tickets are. I find it suspicious that games like monopoly still have winning  prizes available yet the game is over. How can it be that there are that many remaining prizes but no tickets?

Something just does not add up...the hype and what we are led to believe and the actual results.

I got 5 $20...all losers.

So the odds are stated IF all printed tickets were distributed....but only a fractio  is distributed. So to adhere to those odds, each 10, 000 tickets must have somany winners whi h means the placement of winners is not random or the odds are Iincorrectly stated.

San Gabriel, CA
    United States
    Member #134310
    October 24, 2012
    85 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2013, 2:29 am - IP Logged

I pitched with three other guys to buy $400 worth of $20 tickets. We ended up with $745 thanks mainly to a ticket with a $500 Fast Spot (ticket number 018). I took a pic but am having transferrring it from my phone. Although our individual profits weren't spectacular, we had a blast playing together.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2013, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I pitched with three other guys to buy $400 worth of $20 tickets. We ended up with $745 thanks mainly to a ticket with a $500 Fast Spot (ticket number 018). I took a pic but am having transferrring it from my phone. Although our individual profits weren't spectacular, we had a blast playing together.

Congrats on hitting the $500!

Cheers

Nice result from your teamwork.

Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2013, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

anyone else having problems logging into the calottery replay?

They seem to be having some rollout bugs with the new 2nd chance system.

I complained the first day because the date sorting was backwards and the prev/next wasn't working correctly when viewing your entries. They fixed those, but now it just seems slow and non-responsive a lot.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

The site does feel slow for me as well. Need to get used to how they flipped the 6 or 7 digit and the 13 code around.

I usually enter a bunch at a time, so I normally Control+V to paste the 6/7 code then the 13 digit code, but I need to gain the habit of entering the code (trying to exclude the last 3 for the $5MM Jackpot tickets) and then pasting the ticket ID.

It does provide a lot more back history of the codes Ive entered since 2010 (3 years back), I've entered thousands of losing tickets, but not one winner for any drawing.

United States
            Member #147165
            September 24, 2013
            507 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Great Win with just 20 tickets.

Most of the rolls are filled with break even prizes, but you got the best part of the roll.

United States
              Member #147165
              September 24, 2013
              507 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Hiya ...I noticed that a few liquor stores on melrose the owner scratches his own tickets.

Even at a  vending machine I have seen the person loading take the first three and last three tickets

I am not convinced the odds stated are realistic because the odds were calculated by how many tickets issued to how many winners. I think if the odds stated how many tickets distributed and winners we would see what a losing deal the ca lottery is. The tickets have serial number so the state mustard know where the tickets are. I find it suspicious that games like monopoly still have winning  prizes available yet the game is over. How can it be that there are that many remaining prizes but no tickets?

Something just does not add up...the hype and what we are led to believe and the actual results.

I got 5 $20...all losers.

So the odds are stated IF all printed tickets were distributed....but only a fractio  is distributed. So to adhere to those odds, each 10, 000 tickets must have somany winners whi h means the placement of winners is not random or the odds are Iincorrectly stated.

I think the $1 and $2 Monopoly have ended and I think the $5 Monopoly ends this month, I do not see it anywhere.

Not sure if there is any truth to this rumor, the top prizes are always a single match in non-crossword and bingo games, people tend to overlook the matches and throw away a big winner. I think the plus side to the 2nd Chance program is to help you confirm if a ticket is aindeed a winner or loser.

I appreciate hearing your testimony about ticket loading, they must have seen luck on the ticket ends. I will try it for myself if I am allowed to buy the ends of tickets.

San Gabriel, CA
                United States
                Member #134310
                October 24, 2012
                85 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Most of the rolls are filled with break even prizes, but you got the best part of the roll.

We bought 15 tix in Eagle Rock and 5 tix in Pasadena. Funny thing was that the $500 came out of the 5 ticket roll.

I didn't keep track of ticket numbers or sequences too much but some other winners were JACKPOT SYMBOL with $2.00 ($50), $50 Fast Spot ($50); 5 numbers that matched for $10 ($50); a $25 and some break evens.

My friends are not hardcore scratchers but are now eager to do this once a month.

San Gabriel, CA
                  United States
                  Member #134310
                  October 24, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on hitting the $500!

Cheers

Nice result from your teamwork.

Thanks Jon. It was nice seeing that $500 Fast Spot. First one I have seen in this game.

San Diego, CA
                    United States
                    Member #58386
                    February 12, 2008
                    287 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Is there usually a part of a roll that has the winners?

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: October 19, 2013, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Is there usually a part of a roll that has the winners?

Yes its called the lucky part of the roll ;-)

One more top prize claimed on both $10 Fortune and Diamond.

LA CA
                        United States
                        Member #118691
                        November 6, 2011
                        416 Posts
                        Posted: October 19, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Got a $10 Diamond and won a ticket. With the free ticket I got the last one from a batch of $10 Fortunes...They had a new roll of $10 Fortunes underneath and I ended up buying the first one from next roll...so pretty much I have the last one from one roll and first one from the next roll....Haven't scratched yet....

San Gabriel, CA
                          United States
                          Member #134310
                          October 24, 2012
                          85 Posts
                          Posted: October 20, 2013, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Here is a pic of the $500 winner from the other night.

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #103813
                            January 5, 2011
                            1530 Posts
                            Posted: October 20, 2013, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Here is a pic of the $500 winner from the other night.

Nice one!

Thumbs Up

Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #103813
                              January 5, 2011
                              1530 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2013, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $5M JP at a gas station, got back to back $50s.

#22, 23: Jackpot win-all with $2 ea.Thumbs Down and other was 5@ $10 matches.

Page 49 of 182