Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Power Ball settings and suggestions for Digit Master.

Topic closed. 197 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LotOfJack.

Page 8 of 14
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2012, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I would love to play if more lines were being played...... playing 5 of your 34 lines seemed to prove futile.

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
    Los Angeles
    United States
    Member #75410
    June 2, 2009
    479 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

In case anyone is curious the following was my setup for 09/29/2012 powerball drawing.

I missed 5 filters, HD, Digit 4, Digit 8, TG, and Group I.

TG was a mistake I meant to play range 3/4 and if another digit 4 had hit instead of a digit 8 I would have got HD, Digit 4, and Digit 8 correct.

Other than Groups D-J I only played specific values (non-ranged) for Digit 2, Digit 4, and TG.

DMP had 6 3+0, and 1 4+0 winners in set of 34.

If we can nail the group filters for MegaMillions then we should start winning some nice prizes.  We also need a strategy for Bonus Ball or recruit a Bonus Ball ringer for the pool.

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Please look at this post

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250767/2724290

it's about selecting the groups I would like to have your opinion on it, I like the way you think , this can maybe help finding the groups, thank you.

Frenchie.

United States
      Member #41846
      June 23, 2006
      459 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2012, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Jim

two good setups back to back in different games.  very good

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
        Park City, UT
        United States
        Member #69864
        January 18, 2009
        993 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2012, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I would love to play if more lines were being played...... playing 5 of your 34 lines seemed to prove futile.

Well I actually played 5 lines using 3 different group setups for a total of 15 lines.  I wouldn't want to play any more lines until I come up with a sound strategy for group filters.  Anyway Powerball is just for me its not part of our pool play.  It gives me a chance to work on Group filter strategy.  My focus now is really on MegaMillions.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
          United States
          Member #69864
          January 18, 2009
          993 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy,

Please look at this post

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250767/2724290

it's about selecting the groups I would like to have your opinion on it, I like the way you think , this can maybe help finding the groups, thank you.

Frenchie.

I looked at it last night but I wasn't following it.  Will give it another look later tonight.

Jimmy

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

My group picks for Powerball Drawing on 09/29/2012

ABCDEFGHIJ
            ----------
            WWWBPBBBPP
            WWPWPWPBBB
            BBBPBPBBPP
            BBBPWPWWWW

Jimmy

Its easy to see why people get mad at you guys. (Im on your side and just try to figure this out)

Above is what Jimmy posted BEFORE the draw and THIS is what he posted AFTER the draw

I played following group setup for Powerball with real money.

ABCDEFGHIJ 
            ---------- 
            WWWBPBBBPP

I only missed Group I which did not hit.

I missed digit 8 which I had as 0/1 instead it had 2 hits.

I missed digit 4 which I played as 2/2 but it hit only once.

All other digit filters I got correct.

I also missed HD which I had as 0/3 and it hit 4.

This was the 3rd draw in a row for Powerball where TG was 3.

Despite all my snafus I still managed to get a 3+0 using DMP and almost recovered the cost of the ticket.

The description is not only different (by 3 lines of letters) it is also confusing to anyone who dosnt understand the system (like me)

Park City, UT
              United States
              Member #69864
              January 18, 2009
              993 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Its easy to see why people get mad at you guys. (Im on your side and just try to figure this out)

Above is what Jimmy posted BEFORE the draw and THIS is what he posted AFTER the draw

I played following group setup for Powerball with real money.

ABCDEFGHIJ 
              ---------- 
              WWWBPBBBPP

I only missed Group I which did not hit.

I missed digit 8 which I had as 0/1 instead it had 2 hits.

I missed digit 4 which I played as 2/2 but it hit only once.

All other digit filters I got correct.

I also missed HD which I had as 0/3 and it hit 4.

This was the 3rd draw in a row for Powerball where TG was 3.

Despite all my snafus I still managed to get a 3+0 using DMP and almost recovered the cost of the ticket.

The description is not only different (by 3 lines of letters) it is also confusing to anyone who dosnt understand the system (like me)

I don't know what you find confusing.  Early Saturday morning before Powerball drawing I said I liked the following group filter setups:

ABCDEFGHIJ
              ---------- 
              WWWBPBBBPP 
              WWPWPWPBBB 
              BBBPBPBBPP 
              BBBPWPWWWW

A-J columns relate to group filters, I played 3 of those 4 group setups with the most important one being the first one WWWBPBBBPP.  You just enter one of those lines exactly into DMP under group filters.  (You don't enter all 4 at the same time if that is your confusion)  In addition I set some of the other filters including digit filters.  I also showed an exact screen shot of my setup using one of the group filter setups.  I played 5 of those 34 lines that DMP generated on one ticket.  I repeated this process for two other group setups and created two more tickets of 5 for a total of 15 lines in play for that drawing.  I spent $45 and won back $14.  So it was not a successful day by any means.  My intent on showing my setup was to show that even for Powerball with a good group setup and if you have money to back it up you could win even on a 5 million to 1 game.

I don't believe throwing all my eggs in one basket so I gave a total of 4 group filter setups that I thought might hit for that draw and played 3 of them with real money.  Its not any different than RL asking all pool members to give him a group setup and having 17 to choose from.  I just gave my 4 best group setups to hedge my bets.  Right now I am focusing on correctly set group filters which is what I thought other pool members are doing, but I might be mistaken.

The best way to understand the system is to enter into DMP my exact setup.  In your case of selecting 28 numbers to play from, you could enter the 28 you think will not hit into the wheel section first and then set some other filters to reduce the combos.  From what I understand of your system you have 35 in play and then at your discretion you remove 7 numbers to get to 28.  That is what DMP is about in making decisions but hopefully good sound decisions when using filters to reduce the matrix.  DMP is forgiving so that even if you miss some filters like I did you can still win some prizes.

In order to reduce MegaMillions or Powerball to a playable amount you will have to set some filters as non-ranged.  I had 10 specific filters and got 6 exactly right andt was still able to win some prizes.

Jimmy

Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                993 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Actually I had 10 specific filters and got 7 correct.  Of the 7 I got correct 6 were group filters.  I was 6 of 7 in group filters.  If you count the 3 W group filters then you could say I got 9 out of 10 group filters correct and didn't do anything stupid with other filters to prevent some wins.

Jimmy

Eugene Oregan
                  United States
                  Member #128629
                  May 29, 2012
                  419 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what you find confusing.  Early Saturday morning before Powerball drawing I said I liked the following group filter setups:

ABCDEFGHIJ
                  ---------- 
                  WWWBPBBBPP 
                  WWPWPWPBBB 
                  BBBPBPBBPP 
                  BBBPWPWWWW

A-J columns relate to group filters, I played 3 of those 4 group setups with the most important one being the first one WWWBPBBBPP.  You just enter one of those lines exactly into DMP under group filters.  (You don't enter all 4 at the same time if that is your confusion)  In addition I set some of the other filters including digit filters.  I also showed an exact screen shot of my setup using one of the group filter setups.  I played 5 of those 34 lines that DMP generated on one ticket.  I repeated this process for two other group setups and created two more tickets of 5 for a total of 15 lines in play for that drawing.  I spent $45 and won back $14.  So it was not a successful day by any means.  My intent on showing my setup was to show that even for Powerball with a good group setup and if you have money to back it up you could win even on a 5 million to 1 game.

I don't believe throwing all my eggs in one basket so I gave a total of 4 group filter setups that I thought might hit for that draw and played 3 of them with real money.  Its not any different than RL asking all pool members to give him a group setup and having 17 to choose from.  I just gave my 4 best group setups to hedge my bets.  Right now I am focusing on correctly set group filters which is what I thought other pool members are doing, but I might be mistaken.

The best way to understand the system is to enter into DMP my exact setup.  In your case of selecting 28 numbers to play from, you could enter the 28 you think will not hit into the wheel section first and then set some other filters to reduce the combos.  From what I understand of your system you have 35 in play and then at your discretion you remove 7 numbers to get to 28.  That is what DMP is about in making decisions but hopefully good sound decisions when using filters to reduce the matrix.  DMP is forgiving so that even if you miss some filters like I did you can still win some prizes.

In order to reduce MegaMillions or Powerball to a playable amount you will have to set some filters as non-ranged.  I had 10 specific filters and got 6 exactly right andt was still able to win some prizes.

Jimmy

Ronnie316

I understood exactly what and how he described his setup.  And if you input the setups as explained the outcome is just as explained.  If you do not use or have minimal time with how to use DM you are very right it is hard to understand and will be very frustrating.  dld

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3964 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

JW

I count all the selections that did not prevent a 5of5,  great job.   I have had several ask me if I ever hit a 5of5

on a day when I choose not to play.  The first time it was a real bummer but it gets easier.  I have gotten several

emails in the past where others done the same and I know the feeling.  One guy told me that he had 12 lines

picked and his wife even said she would go pick them up and if memory serves he told her no.  I think he even

had the betslips filled out.  The first time is the toughest and as they say hindsight is 20/20 maybe even 15/15 is

closer to the truth.   The thought never really goes away knowing that you had a 100 grand or so  in your hand

and just let it slip away.  My reply is always the same, you did it once you can do it again.   I just hope it never

happens on a 100 million JP play.  I don't think I could bare it.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316

I understood exactly what and how he described his setup.  And if you input the setups as explained the outcome is just as explained.  If you do not use or have minimal time with how to use DM you are very right it is hard to understand and will be very frustrating.  dld

If the 39 lines were posted before the draw it would be a prediction that people can understand.

I have 41 lines posted on my thread and there is no confusion about what I intend to play, and no one needs to know my set-up or anything else to see what is in play for MM Tue. Oct. 2, 2012.

Park City, UT
                        United States
                        Member #69864
                        January 18, 2009
                        993 Posts
                        Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

If the 39 lines were posted before the draw it would be a prediction that people can understand.

I have 41 lines posted on my thread and there is no confusion about what I intend to play, and no one needs to know my set-up or anything else to see what is in play for MM Tue. Oct. 2, 2012.

I wasn't trying to predict lines I was trying to predict the group filters and I did post 4 group filters setups well before the game and 1 of the 4 groups setups was 9 out of 10 correct.  DMP is a different concept you don't pick numbers you pick digits and groups.  Its flexible enough so that you can use numbers if you use the wheel option but I don't think you will benefit from it that much if you don't buy into the philosphy or intent of the program which is setting digits and groups versus numbers.

My group setup of WWWBPBBBPP by itself reduced the matrix from 5 million to 54705 combinations.  A full 5 if 5 wheel of 28 numbers is 92280 combinations.  You have to decide is it easier to set 10 group filters correctly or to get 28 numbers correct.  I've played both ways you have to decide what you are comfortable with using.

Jimmy

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Ok, well I dont know the system and only want to play the lines........ If you can post the 39 lines before the drawing I would play them as I have been saying for the last 2 weeks. It so happens that I had the bonus number 8 selected for MM Sat. night (posted on my thread) but didn't have any lines for playing.

Park City, UT
                            United States
                            Member #69864
                            January 18, 2009
                            993 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Ok, well I dont know the system and only want to play the lines........ If you can post the 39 lines before the drawing I would play them as I have been saying for the last 2 weeks. It so happens that I had the bonus number 8 selected for MM Sat. night (posted on my thread) but didn't have any lines for playing.

I don't mind posting lines but I am still in my infancy of setting group/digit filters, RL is the Zen master.  So play at your own risk because it might be another 30 draws or more before I duplicate that feat again.  RL can vouch that I did one group setup of 21 lines that he played on the pool's behalf and the best lines were 1+0.  So I have experienced both highs and lows using DMP.  I'm not ready to spend large amounts of my cash yet based on my group/digit settings until I have a better proven track record.

Jimmy

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2012, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Im only asking you Jimmy because your the first person to post actual lines that can be played. I dont need bonus numbers as I only play one at a time. It doesn't matter to me who posts them as long as it before the draw and it around 41 lines for ether game, MM or PB.

Page 8 of 14