Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some new results on some old techniques.

Topic closed. 792 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Greenfox.

Page 15 of 53
PrintE-mailLink
shoptoudrp's avatar - oliana
Greensboro
United States
Member #97652
September 21, 2010
480 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I think i had a lot of people confused. LOL. Head first and running is all i know. Hopefully people can get what I'm doing. I hope she is and ya'll can get some help with it.

Yeppers. Just check those -1's and -2's in the sums part.

I have about three pages of reference to go by as to what to look for. Just look at that upper corner of the block under X - +. Compare that to what the numbers pulled up and the X total of 0 and 1.

Look for the 5-2-1 i think it was on here. You can see what it did with it. Check your numbers in the sum total to what is in that corner also.

I sure do hope this will help some!!!!!

I'll be glad when the time comes and I can just pin point numbers as you do...I may need to buy me another computer tomorrow...this laptop of mine might give out on me...right now my microsoft office is unavailable to me and I may need to purchase another software system...I still have some time left to use the microsoft system I have but I can't fine the authorization key code to keep using the one I have on here now...I had to restore my computer to the begining and I can't find the key code for microsoft office. But send me the new books and I can put them on my flash drive.

Believe it and receive it, know like you know it's your's, and you will have it (the law of attraction)Hippy

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
    Burnsville
    United States
    Member #107244
    March 4, 2011
    853 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:29 am - IP Logged

I'll be glad when the time comes and I can just pin point numbers as you do...I may need to buy me another computer tomorrow...this laptop of mine might give out on me...right now my microsoft office is unavailable to me and I may need to purchase another software system...I still have some time left to use the microsoft system I have but I can't fine the authorization key code to keep using the one I have on here now...I had to restore my computer to the begining and I can't find the key code for microsoft office. But send me the new books and I can put them on my flash drive.

Download Belarc advisor. It's free. It will scan your PC and find the serial for every program you have. Even Office.

Just scroll down and you will find it in there. It's what Microsoft uses when they work on your pc to find out what 's wrong. I have it on mine. Works great.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
    When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Greensboro
      United States
      Member #97652
      September 21, 2010
      480 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:31 am - IP Logged

on this chart how did #3=21 (-8) where did 8 come from?

Believe it and receive it, know like you know it's your's, and you will have it (the law of attraction)Hippy

Burnsville
        United States
        Member #107244
        March 4, 2011
        853 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:33 am - IP Logged

I had to type that 8 in there before because of a 20 without the sums. I forgot to change that back is all. Should be a 1. I don't know how to make the 10 and 20 count the 0 as 10 to give 8 and 9. Still learning.....

Greensboro
          United States
          Member #97652
          September 21, 2010
          480 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:36 am - IP Logged

I had to type that 8 in there before because of a 20 without the sums. I forgot to change that back is all. Should be a 1. I don't know how to make the 10 and 20 count the 0 as 10 to give 8 and 9. Still learning.....

oh I see...I forgot about that part...gotta keep that in mind but yes I see what you are saying with the 1's and can't believe that 273 just sitting there for all the world to see...wish I had seen it before hand.

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
            Member #91718
            May 23, 2010
            690 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:39 am - IP Logged

Thanks Greenfox for all the information. It is beginning to make sense.

All this is really interesting and kind of fun! Under the X, the 0's and 1's etc are cumulative total, correct? Do you need to key the numbers in each worksheet by the date for it to be cumulative for the month?

Burnsville
              United States
              Member #107244
              March 4, 2011
              853 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:46 am - IP Logged

Thanks Greenfox for all the information. It is beginning to make sense.

All this is really interesting and kind of fun! Under the X, the 0's and 1's etc are cumulative total, correct? Do you need to key the numbers in each worksheet by the date for it to be cumulative for the month?

Your sure welcome!!!

It takes a minute. It's kind of addicting yes. LOL but is fun. Yes that's a cumulative total of the sums sections.

You can type in the draws by the date, or from the even/odd sheets i put up. If they are linked it will fill them in when you fill out the first page of it. Either way that's best for you.

Burnsville
                United States
                Member #107244
                March 4, 2011
                853 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:53 am - IP Logged

Here is for Texas Midday today. Sorry TLC. Got screwed up running back and forth there.

Without sums put in yet:

Sums added:

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
                  Member #91718
                  May 23, 2010
                  690 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2013, 4:55 am - IP Logged

I like the website too.

Thanks

Burnsville
                    United States
                    Member #107244
                    March 4, 2011
                    853 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:06 am - IP Logged

Ok. Here are the links for the 12-2012 books day and eve. And the 1-2013 books day and eve. Then my butts going to bed. Can't see or do anymore tonight.

These are both set up as 31 days and if using with the other stuff i uploaded, you'll have to link them. If you want to update and use by typing the number right into this, you can do that also. Either way. If you download these. Be sure you save them so they are on your PC. I don't know how this sharing site works and it may change anothers workbook or something. I'm not real familiar with the place. I've only used it for stuff here cause the workings are fairly easy there. But just save them. You can always make copies that way, and test any month you want to for any year. I will put the formula up that changes the date and show you how to do that.

12-2012 Day:     http://www.sendspace.com/file/1qk5mv 

12-2012 Eve:     http://www.sendspace.com/file/5uex17

1-2013 Day:      http://www.sendspace.com/file/axme7h

1-2013 Eve:       http://www.sendspace.com/file/vqx3vu

The books for even/odd and up and down are on page 11 of this thread. Up to January. I don't have Feb. done yet.

Alright everyone, I can't take no more tonight.

Best of luck to all today!!!!

Burnsville
                      United States
                      Member #107244
                      March 4, 2011
                      853 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:09 am - IP Logged

I like the website too.

Thanks

Yes. I like it here also. Todd has done a super job with it. Letting little poor people like me on here for free to learn and show, is a plus also. At's alright though. I get caught up and pay him a year in advance. I don't mind paying one bit.

Alright. Good luck to ya today!!!! And your very welcome!!!!

KnuckleHead's avatar - box

United States
                        Member #73037
                        April 3, 2009
                        147 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2013, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Hey GF,

When we were working on the formulas for the root squares before, I asked you about the "0" results, remember? I had to break apart the numbers from a left and a right number. If the right number was a "0", then I had to create the formulas to make the "0" a "10" then subtract the left number from the right number.

Example: 20

Left number = 2

Right number = 0 - the "0" becomes a 10

10 - 2 = 8

Remember all the formulas? Remember our discussions regarding the "0's". (I just looked and don't see the files, do you want me to recreate the formulas for you?)

Let me know, KH

The only DUMB question is the one question you DID NOT ask...

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

The file shouldn't be an xlsm!

And the macro,

Sub ChangeWorksheetName()
                          Dim ws As Worksheet
                          Dim dtDate As Date

dtDate = "Dec 1 2012"

For Each ws In Worksheets
                                   ws.Name = Format(dtDate, "mmm dd yyyy")
                                   dtDate = dtDate + 1
                                Next ws

End Sub

"mmm dd yyyy" should be "yyyy mm dd".

The macro makes no sense, so it shouldn't be in the file at all, especially not with a rigid date.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

The file shouldn't be an xlsm!

And the macro,

Sub ChangeWorksheetName()
                            Dim ws As Worksheet
                            Dim dtDate As Date

dtDate = "Dec 1 2012"

For Each ws In Worksheets
                                     ws.Name = Format(dtDate, "mmm dd yyyy")
                                     dtDate = dtDate + 1
                                  Next ws

End Sub

"mmm dd yyyy" should be "yyyy mm dd".

The macro makes no sense, so it shouldn't be in the file at all, especially not with a rigid date.

the format for dates is reversed in the states you knucklehead.

You should tell obama.

llucas07's avatar - batman14
                              Gastonia, NC
                              United States
                              Member #117368
                              October 4, 2011
                              1677 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2013, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I think i had a lot of people confused. LOL. Head first and running is all i know. Hopefully people can get what I'm doing. I hope she is and ya'll can get some help with it.

Yeppers. Just check those -1's and -2's in the sums part.

I have about three pages of reference to go by as to what to look for. Just look at that upper corner of the block under X - +. Compare that to what the numbers pulled up and the X total of 0 and 1.

Look for the 5-2-1 i think it was on here. You can see what it did with it. Check your numbers in the sum total to what is in that corner also.

I sure do hope this will help some!!!!!

Hi Greenfox, llucas here. I am on the jan 2 tab for eve and the blue boxes highlighted at the top only have 5 highlighted.  So how do I know what to put in the 6 blue boxes that I am suppose to fill out? I don't want to start looking for the eve number until I have that part filled out correctly.

Thanks

I See Brighter Things AheadSun Smiley

Page 15 of 53