Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some new results on some old techniques.

Topic closed. 792 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Greenfox.

Page 16 of 53
PrintE-mailLink
KnuckleHead's avatar - box

United States
Member #73037
April 3, 2009
147 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2013, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

the format for dates is reversed in the states you knucklehead.

You should tell obama.

Now wait just a minute, I may be a KnuckleHead, but I'm not in the military and don't us that dating format... and I'm not telling Obama anything, he already thinks he knows everything...

The only DUMB question is the one question you DID NOT ask...

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
    Burnsville
    United States
    Member #107244
    March 4, 2011
    853 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Hey GF,

When we were working on the formulas for the root squares before, I asked you about the "0" results, remember? I had to break apart the numbers from a left and a right number. If the right number was a "0", then I had to create the formulas to make the "0" a "10" then subtract the left number from the right number.

Example: 20

Left number = 2

Right number = 0 - the "0" becomes a 10

10 - 2 = 8

Remember all the formulas? Remember our discussions regarding the "0's". (I just looked and don't see the files, do you want me to recreate the formulas for you?)

Let me know, KH

Hey KH.

I think i remember talking about the 0. I wish i could get into my yahoo and see all that. I guess i need to just contact them I set that account up to keep out all the spam and have it specifically for the group.

I found a formula something like your talking about on excelforum.com that was intended to do that, but i couldn't get it to work right.

I do remember you trying to show me how to put a number in one cell and do something and it would change. But then, i couldn't even do that. I don't think i even got to see the books you made up in Lotus. I do have the one you made for the pick 3 and 4 where you put the numbers in and it would give you numbers to play. I still have that on my PC. I have been down the mountain for a spell, but need to get back up there and get my PC. This laptop lags a little on me.

How i started figuring out how to start working excel, was with the E-BAY stuff i was selling for my buddy. I finally figured out how to make it do the simple stuff like sum and - and it work. I just wrote my first formula back at the end of November of 2012. When i got back to work on this idea. I still don't know much about the formulas. If it was simething i didn't know how to do I'd go to that site and get help. Then figure out how to put it where i needed it. I still got a long way to go with it. 

If and when you get time, if you don't care to write one that will do tha sbtracting, that would be great. You don't have to be in a rush with it or anything though. It only takes a second for me to hand correct that. I know you got a lot going on there also. So it's not a big deal.

I'm just glad your still there and still at it!!! And glad to see you posting!!! I've missed talking with ya that's for sure!!!

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
    When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Burnsville
      United States
      Member #107244
      March 4, 2011
      853 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

The file shouldn't be an xlsm!

And the macro,

Sub ChangeWorksheetName()
      Dim ws As Worksheet
      Dim dtDate As Date

dtDate = "Dec 1 2012"

For Each ws In Worksheets
               ws.Name = Format(dtDate, "mmm dd yyyy")
               dtDate = dtDate + 1
            Next ws

End Sub

"mmm dd yyyy" should be "yyyy mm dd".

The macro makes no sense, so it shouldn't be in the file at all, especially not with a rigid date.

Hey SergeM,

I had no idea how to do that so i just went to that excel forum where i get help and they showed me how to do that. I really don't know how to use much of the excel so far. Still very much a newbie with it. Everything i had done with it previously had been hand typed in.

The xlsm? I have no idea what that is. I know it is some kind of excel file, but what it is really don't know. I just know when i save it it told me to save as this.

There is no way i could have written this yet. I had to get it done for me. I just tried it and it worked, so that's what it was. 

I'm still at it and trying though.

Burnsville
        United States
        Member #107244
        March 4, 2011
        853 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi Greenfox, llucas here. I am on the jan 2 tab for eve and the blue boxes highlighted at the top only have 5 highlighted.  So how do I know what to put in the 6 blue boxes that I am suppose to fill out? I don't want to start looking for the eve number until I have that part filled out correctly.

Thanks

Heyllucas. It worked fine here. I have seen some glitches with it and the highlighting. Especially with the 0. It wants to highlight the 5-10-15 and so on sometimes. I don't know why it does that. I changed the rules in the manage rules and it still does it sometimes.

I will go ahead and put up a chart with what to use and that way it will make it easier. It will take me a second to make one up.

llucas07's avatar - batman14
          Gastonia, NC
          United States
          Member #117368
          October 4, 2011
          1677 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2013, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Heyllucas. It worked fine here. I have seen some glitches with it and the highlighting. Especially with the 0. It wants to highlight the 5-10-15 and so on sometimes. I don't know why it does that. I changed the rules in the manage rules and it still does it sometimes.

I will go ahead and put up a chart with what to use and that way it will make it easier. It will take me a second to make one up.

Ok, I will wait for it. Thank You for all of your help

I See Brighter Things AheadSun Smiley

Burnsville
            United States
            Member #107244
            March 4, 2011
            853 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I will wait for it. Thank You for all of your help

Sorry l. I had it in my head i put it on here, but got to running around here and didn't. Here it is.Just use this a reference as to where to get your number for the 6 over 6. Count over with these sums of whatever number your working with and put the number that it lands on to work with.

Sorry again....

And you don't have to thank me, just win some!!!!!!

Gastonia, NC
              United States
              Member #117368
              October 4, 2011
              1677 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2013, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Sorry l. I had it in my head i put it on here, but got to running around here and didn't. Here it is.Just use this a reference as to where to get your number for the 6 over 6. Count over with these sums of whatever number your working with and put the number that it lands on to work with.

Sorry again....

And you don't have to thank me, just win some!!!!!!

Ok, so Line 5 will only have 5 blue boxes filled in instead of 6? Or does a 0 go in one of the boxes?

Burnsville
                United States
                Member #107244
                March 4, 2011
                853 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2013, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Here for 1-2-2013 day draw. NC had 9-8-6

Look at the 20 over 19 and see if you can see the numbers? Picture the 0 in 20 as 5.

With no sums typed in:

Sums typed in:

Look at that 0 for the subtracted sum of 22X the number 1 was shown. And see if you can't see 9-8-6

Burnsville
                  United States
                  Member #107244
                  March 4, 2011
                  853 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Ok, so Line 5 will only have 5 blue boxes filled in instead of 6? Or does a 0 go in one of the boxes?

I've been using the 0 in the 6th cell. I have ran this and ran it and that seems to do best. There are only 30 digits after the decimal in the root of 5. I haven't been able to think of another sum of 5 that doesn't go past 31.

But yes, start with 5 and run thru the sums and finish up with 0. Where you have a 0-1-4-9 as the first number is the only place you'll have to do anything though. With 2-3-5-6-7-8 as the first it will fill in for you.

Gastonia, NC
                    United States
                    Member #117368
                    October 4, 2011
                    1677 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

I've been using the 0 in the 6th cell. I have ran this and ran it and that seems to do best. There are only 30 digits after the decimal in the root of 5. I haven't been able to think of another sum of 5 that doesn't go past 31.

But yes, start with 5 and run thru the sums and finish up with 0. Where you have a 0-1-4-9 as the first number is the only place you'll have to do anything though. With 2-3-5-6-7-8 as the first it will fill in for you.

Ok, got it. Now let me see if I can come up with a winning number for tonight. Thank You soooooooooo, much and good luck to you if you play tonight. Wish me luck. I will send Shop a text in a few if I can come up with something good. Me and her both need a good one. Putting my thinkin cap on. Thanks again Greenfox.

LLucas aka Linda.......

Burnsville
                      United States
                      Member #107244
                      March 4, 2011
                      853 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Ok, got it. Now let me see if I can come up with a winning number for tonight. Thank You soooooooooo, much and good luck to you if you play tonight. Wish me luck. I will send Shop a text in a few if I can come up with something good. Me and her both need a good one. Putting my thinkin cap on. Thanks again Greenfox.

LLucas aka Linda.......

Ok. Your very welcome!!! Stop thanking me and get to work. lol I do hope ya'll win big.

Best of luck to ya both!!!

KnuckleHead's avatar - box

United States
                        Member #73037
                        April 3, 2009
                        147 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2013, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey KH.

I think i remember talking about the 0. I wish i could get into my yahoo and see all that. I guess i need to just contact them I set that account up to keep out all the spam and have it specifically for the group.

I found a formula something like your talking about on excelforum.com that was intended to do that, but i couldn't get it to work right.

I do remember you trying to show me how to put a number in one cell and do something and it would change. But then, i couldn't even do that. I don't think i even got to see the books you made up in Lotus. I do have the one you made for the pick 3 and 4 where you put the numbers in and it would give you numbers to play. I still have that on my PC. I have been down the mountain for a spell, but need to get back up there and get my PC. This laptop lags a little on me.

How i started figuring out how to start working excel, was with the E-BAY stuff i was selling for my buddy. I finally figured out how to make it do the simple stuff like sum and - and it work. I just wrote my first formula back at the end of November of 2012. When i got back to work on this idea. I still don't know much about the formulas. If it was simething i didn't know how to do I'd go to that site and get help. Then figure out how to put it where i needed it. I still got a long way to go with it. 

If and when you get time, if you don't care to write one that will do tha sbtracting, that would be great. You don't have to be in a rush with it or anything though. It only takes a second for me to hand correct that. I know you got a lot going on there also. So it's not a big deal.

I'm just glad your still there and still at it!!! And glad to see you posting!!! I've missed talking with ya that's for sure!!!

Hey GF,

Check your e-mail, I sent you a file with the formulas and the breakdown as to how they work.

Real quick for everyone else: this is setup to place the number into cell C3.

Addition formula:

=IF(C3<=9,C3,VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1))+VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))

Subtraction formula:

=IF(C3<=9,C3,IF(VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1))=0,10-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),IF(VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1))>VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),(10+VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1))-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))))

Both formulas can handle any number up to "99". If a number greater than "99" is required, another nested "IF" needs to be created.

Hope this is what you needed, KH

The only DUMB question is the one question you DID NOT ask...

Burnsville
                          United States
                          Member #107244
                          March 4, 2011
                          853 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2013, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Hey GF,

Check your e-mail, I sent you a file with the formulas and the breakdown as to how they work.

Real quick for everyone else: this is setup to place the number into cell C3.

Addition formula:

=IF(C3<=9,C3,VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1))+VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))

Subtraction formula:

=IF(C3<=9,C3,IF(VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1))=0,10-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),IF(VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1))>VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),(10+VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)),VALUE(RIGHT(TEXT(C3,0),1))-VALUE(LEFT(TEXT(C3,0),1)))))

Both formulas can handle any number up to "99". If a number greater than "99" is required, another nested "IF" needs to be created.

Hope this is what you needed, KH

KnuckleHead, all i can say is I love you man!!!! LOL. In a totaly hetero way. Wow!!! You and the rest gotta see what that just did to this. I'm going to finish up the book I'm testing on and see how the rest goes. I did 7 days straight and all i can say is wow. If i was there I'd hug you, clean your house and take you out to the best dinner money can buy. For a week!!! LOL. I'm still chilled.

All i can say is your amazing!!!!! AND A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!

Gastonia, NC
                            United States
                            Member #117368
                            October 4, 2011
                            1677 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

KnuckleHead, all i can say is I love you man!!!! LOL. In a totaly hetero way. Wow!!! You and the rest gotta see what that just did to this. I'm going to finish up the book I'm testing on and see how the rest goes. I did 7 days straight and all i can say is wow. If i was there I'd hug you, clean your house and take you out to the best dinner money can buy. For a week!!! LOL. I'm still chilled.

All i can say is your amazing!!!!! AND A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hey Greenfox, I have been trying to post a screen shot for Shop, but it is not letting me. It is like it is timing out. What are you doing to post your screen shots? It is like the file is too big.

llucas

Burnsville
                              United States
                              Member #107244
                              March 4, 2011
                              853 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2013, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Hey Greenfox, I have been trying to post a screen shot for Shop, but it is not letting me. It is like it is timing out. What are you doing to post your screen shots? It is like the file is too big.

llucas

Sorry i was helping a member out and just seen this.

I use the snipping tool and then upload to photobuket. Click on the direct link there and when posting, right click>>Insert image>> paste in the url and that should do it. What's going on with it?

Page 16 of 53