Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 10 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2013, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

From GH web site :

106 First Prize Lottery Jackpots Worth $101,438,493 Won With Gail Howard's Lotto Systems

Didn't Gail Howard already beat you to the punch??

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

I would really like to examine her data which led to this claim.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

This factoid was originally posted by CW4.

I dont believe everything on the internet, only everything I see on t.v. and read in magazines.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Gail Howard followers(fans) believe everything posted at her website and written in her books even if it not posted or written anywhere else.  Unless you've read the same stuff, you'll have no idea of what they are talking about.  Boner's post about that LFF stuff is a good example.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1955 Posts
        Posted: April 21, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Good luck RJOh.Thumbs Up

But to answer your question, I would say yes it does. For the last 2 months, I've been using 2 filters that, together, eliminate approximately 7.7 million combinations from Hoosier Lotto's 12.2 million total combinations. They are accurate 95% of the time. So in essence, yes, it can. The problem with jackpot games is massive odds to begin with. Even though those 2 filters take me down to about 1 in 4.5 million to win the jackpot, those are still horrible odds, so my only option is to come up with more filters or to improve all the other ones I have. All I can do is wait for the big strike.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Good luck RJOh.Thumbs Up

But to answer your question, I would say yes it does. For the last 2 months, I've been using 2 filters that, together, eliminate approximately 7.7 million combinations from Hoosier Lotto's 12.2 million total combinations. They are accurate 95% of the time. So in essence, yes, it can. The problem with jackpot games is massive odds to begin with. Even though those 2 filters take me down to about 1 in 4.5 million to win the jackpot, those are still horrible odds, so my only option is to come up with more filters or to improve all the other ones I have. All I can do is wait for the big strike.

I matched 5/6 in February in Ohio Classic Lotto(6/49) and felt I was closer to matching 6/6 this time than when I did the same in 2002 with Super Lotto which had a 6/49+1 format.  Since I limit myself to 10-20 lines 2-3 times a week, I don't play OCL as much as I played OSL since I also play MM when its jackpot get near $100M+.  Maybe I would be better off sticking with the game I've come closet to winning it all but it's easier getting smaller hits with MM.

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #116344
            September 8, 2011
            3928 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2013, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Also a problem for me is that I regularly come up with the winning numbers, but I don't always play them more than once, because I'm always doing my little formulas with numbers based on the new numbers coming out also, so sometimes it can mess me up when I don't hold onto them. But I play every day and I play a lot of different numbers so it's hard for me to hold onto them all of the time, unless I like them for some personal reason or I feel that it's time for that number to come out no matter what. Something has to be real obvious to be really certain using math formulas otherwise you're still just unfortunately guessing. A math formula can be something you make up or something that's already used with other things you know

Maybe we depend too much on  algorithms  rather than the concepts pertaining to  Chance. I think  the definitions of  ' Events, Probability and Randomness' should  be explored and viewed in a philosophical way. Understanding these concepts may change our perceptions. I personally  concur to  events been random, hence backtesting on historical draws is bit of stretch, so my approach is more  on SAMPLE SPACE and the events occurring. Probability by definition is a relative term , hence very fluid, not static to the classical definition of ODDS(like flipping a coin, H or T). By taking this approach your love for particular digits(The Brain looks for order all the time) is reduced and your waging strategy is enhanced.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2013, 6:32 am - IP Logged

Using classical probability math? I would look for a math teacher or professor. There is Bluskov of course, but when it is about picking numbers everybody is getting silent. Anything in mind with the normal distribution?

Its called paranoia.

"I need someone to show me
              The things in life that I can't find" - ozzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_6jagv_D4

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2013, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Gail Howard followers(fans) believe everything posted at her website and written in her books even if it not posted or written anywhere else.  Unless you've read the same stuff, you'll have no idea of what they are talking about.  Boner's post about that LFF stuff is a good example.

The LFF holds the essence of random.  The great irony in the LFF, is that it is invisible.

In order to see it you must "intend" to see it.  And nobody sees it the first time on purpose.  Its always an accident.  Somewhat like serendipity.  However once found, it has the potential to be a sublime friend, if one can only believe what they see.

If you go to her website she has snippets of publications, magazines, newspaper articles, people holding very large checks with lots of numbers.  I dont believe everything posted blindly.  I just think and believe she is a trustworthy person. (However many jealous enemies she may have)  many of whom ironically frequent LP.

Back in the 80's and 90's she was very famous and well known and even had a late night infomercial in NY on public tv, regarding how to play smarter. (Unfortunately I could not locate any old videos on youtube, but I did find some interesting old commericials)  You dont really think about the psychology of commercials when you are eight years old.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                  San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2013, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

I've been buying lottery tickets for 10+ years.
                  I decided long time ago to be the master of my own fate.
                  I created a substitute lottery system that I use for all my lottery plays.
                  Essentially, I broke the lottery history for the games into small pieces and adopted numerous tracking
                  charts to show real and useful trends.
                  My choices are governed by experience, intuition and other factors.
                  It doesn't always work, but I win often enough to make all the work worthwhile.
                  I'm confident that all my efforts and attention to details will pay big dividends, or not. Only time will tell.
                  I have to say that I have never used any kind of mathematics to generate numbers to play.
                  My opinion is that there are no mathematical computations anyone can use to learn in advance what the next
                  winning combination will be.
                  Preparation and Luck are the two main ingredients.
                  I'm prepared and maybe one day Lady Luck will give me a smile.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: April 25, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I've been buying lottery tickets for 10+ years.
                    I decided long time ago to be the master of my own fate.
                    I created a substitute lottery system that I use for all my lottery plays.
                    Essentially, I broke the lottery history for the games into small pieces and adopted numerous tracking
                    charts to show real and useful trends.
                    My choices are governed by experience, intuition and other factors.
                    It doesn't always work, but I win often enough to make all the work worthwhile.
                    I'm confident that all my efforts and attention to details will pay big dividends, or not. Only time will tell.
                    I have to say that I have never used any kind of mathematics to generate numbers to play.
                    My opinion is that there are no mathematical computations anyone can use to learn in advance what the next
                    winning combination will be.
                    Preparation and Luck are the two main ingredients.
                    I'm prepared and maybe one day Lady Luck will give me a smile.

When I mentioned math I didn't necessarily mean coming up with a formula to pick numbers but more to assign  values to trends when comparing them and developing percentages to aid in coming up with logically ways to use any information accumulated over time.  It could turn out to make little or no difference.

Evil Looking       

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                      San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: April 25, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

When I mentioned math I didn't necessarily mean coming up with a formula to pick numbers but more to assign  values to trends when comparing them and developing percentages to aid in coming up with logically ways to use any information accumulated over time.  It could turn out to make little or no difference.

I know what you meant, RJ.

Nonetheless, my reply stands.

You asked for opinions and mine is that anytime we bring mathematics into the lottery equation we are suggesting that some kind
                      of math is involved in the number generation process.
                      Of course, we know that lottery digits are nothing more than numbered objects being disturbed in a vessel by compressed air and/or paddles.
                      Adding them, subtracting them, multiplying them, dividing them is an outside action some lottery players have adopted in an attempt to find
                      winning combinations.
                      I think they are barking up the wrong tree, but it's none of my business.
                      I have my ways, you have yours, everyone else has their's.
                      May be best strategy win!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2013, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

The old story, you find an play a disbalance, win, and it just covered the cost.

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2013, 1:32 am - IP Logged

This sounds proprietary.  You might want to keep this knowledge to private messages.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2013, 1:34 am - IP Logged

The old story, you find an play a disbalance, win, and it just covered the cost.

This sounds like the SL system.  Are you a believer again?

Better to cover the cost than to lose half your money.

Here in america we are not disbalanced.

We are unbalanced.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: May 27, 2013, 11:05 am - IP Logged

This sounds proprietary.  You might want to keep this knowledge to private messages.

Nothing I do is proprietary and I prefer to discuss my ideas in a public forum.  I use simple math, nothing advanced and the logic I use is just plain common sense. 

I pick combinations that have never come up that fall within the parameters of 95% of the combinations drawn in previous drawings.  Parameters of sums, ranges and gaps are my main ones but I have added others as they gotten my attention.

Evil Looking       

Page 10 of 38