Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 7 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2013, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I dont know why one needs a computer to make an incorrect decision for them.

Sounds like you believe computers are making decisions on their own rather than following a set of instructions and using data entered by their users.

For me, it's easier and faster to use a computer to check my picks to make sure they aren't repeating combinations already drawn or duplicating themselves and avoiding other features I don't want them to have.

I won a few games playing drawn combinations.

United States
    Member #139779
    March 3, 2013
    115 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2013, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I find that I have better luck with math methods when I can use them. As a truck driver I do not have alot of time to invest in picking numbers. I usually use excel to try to speed things along. For games like pick 3 and 4 I would start with the usual suspects. I start with finding the hot box numbers for the last year. Then I rank them to see where the most hot box numbers are comming from. I have found lately in the nc pick 3 that the hot box rank that came up the most seems to be 3456 or 2345 these numbers represent the number of times a box number came out in  the last year. Then I use the sums to eliminate some of those numbers, looking at the hot sum ranks, how many times did a given sum come up in the last year. You will usually wind up with around 60 or 70 combinations that will come up alot of the time but not all the time.  this is where you can hit a brick wall of thinking about how to further eliminate box combinations to a playable number. From here I experiment with different methods like using one number from the last game, while this idea works some of the time I think it sort of locks you into the patchy streaks where one number comes out from the last game. I have tried to wrap my mind around skip and hit charts but the only thing I see with them is a trend of wheather a given number will come out higher or lower than the last time that number came out. This does not eliminate many of the 60 or 70 numbers. I have been trying to see if there might be a trend in the last hit for all 220 box combinations for example winning numbers may come out between 400 and 500 games out for the hot box rank of 3. If this proves to be a consistent trend it could eliminate enough combinations to make it playable but still stuck with only winning that percent of the time, but that could be enough :)  I have found that using math methods seem to run you into a thinking wall of whats best most of the time.

As far as the big games go, I have been experimenting with Ken Silvers method with the pick 5. It is weird and hokey but using some of the pick methods I outlined above to eliminate some of the 100 or so picks his method comes up with down to 10 or 12 playable combos. It only came up with 2 of the digits but does seem to hit all of the numbers in shotgun fashion. mabey someone else on here might have a better idea along the same lines of thought? I find in the big games the first 5 numbers must be seperated from the power or mega number that is seperatley drawn. Hope this helps, if any.

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2013, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Lottologix,

You said, "I have been trying to see if there might be a trend in the last hit for all 220 box combinations for example winning numbers may come out between 400 and 500 games out for the hot box rank of 3. If this proves to be a consistent trend it could eliminate enough combinations to make it playable but still stuck with only winning that percent of the time, but that could be enough :)"

If and when you see a "trend" like this, how will you explain it?  In other words, what do you think could "cause" such a "trend?"

--Jimmy4164

bgonçalves
        Brasil
        Member #92564
        June 9, 2010
        2122 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged
        Hello, can the matemetica and the game help for a big prize? The math can help to a certain extent an example 6/49 lottery, mathematics can help set of 3 to 4 numbers, this is what is happening, the rest will be random (without control) the logic can be used to define arrays
        Example of a simple array is the resulting pair of odd and low and high pairs
        Example = a 49/6
        12, 15, 26, 32, 45.48
        Amount of type pair = 7
        Amount of odd digits = 5
        The pair formed 75
        Low (0, 1, 2, 3.4) = 8
        High (5, 6, 7, 8.9) = 4
        The pair formed 84
        Everything that has hit it is the two pairs = 75.84 (odd and even and low and high)
        Are you hitting the two pairs, one can create wheels
        One can notice that there is in equilibrium in these pairs, with or without repetition of digits in each sector
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

A player wrote that he won twice 500, using data that I posted for AON. Well played, I say!

United States
            Member #139779
            March 3, 2013
            115 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2013, 12:43 am - IP Logged

What I am looking for is a trend very similar to sums. For example if you create a hot sums rank where you simply count the number of times a given sum came up in the last year you would notice that most of the  sums come out between the sum of 8 and 19. I am looking at the number of games since a given number came out last in the same way. It is very consistent in both the pick 3 and 4 that some numbers come out more than others, I am looking for the same in the number indicators. Where there are differences between the these methods tend to eliminate a few less likley box numbers when the application to the remaining numbers, keeping a certain ammout of accuracy to the next game. This seems to be the real trick, getting methods that work well together without eliminating the probable winning number most of the time. But as I will eventually find out that there is a certain balance between the number of combinations that are likley to come out and the number of combinations that can be realistically played. In other words I will be able to greatly improve my chances of wining something within a smaller group of numbers, but there will still be a measure of luck involved. You cannot really buy a win, you can try but usually not at a  profit. Sorry if some of my explanation seems nebulus, happy to clarify anything you might want to expand on.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2013, 2:32 am - IP Logged

A player wrote that he won twice 500, using data that I posted for AON. Well played, I say!

Thumbs Up

Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

What I am looking for is a trend very similar to sums. For example if you create a hot sums rank where you simply count the number of times a given sum came up in the last year you would notice that most of the  sums come out between the sum of 8 and 19. I am looking at the number of games since a given number came out last in the same way. It is very consistent in both the pick 3 and 4 that some numbers come out more than others, I am looking for the same in the number indicators. Where there are differences between the these methods tend to eliminate a few less likley box numbers when the application to the remaining numbers, keeping a certain ammout of accuracy to the next game. This seems to be the real trick, getting methods that work well together without eliminating the probable winning number most of the time. But as I will eventually find out that there is a certain balance between the number of combinations that are likley to come out and the number of combinations that can be realistically played. In other words I will be able to greatly improve my chances of wining something within a smaller group of numbers, but there will still be a measure of luck involved. You cannot really buy a win, you can try but usually not at a  profit. Sorry if some of my explanation seems nebulus, happy to clarify anything you might want to expand on.

You cannot buy a win? I want you to play and watch roulette for a month.

How about sums in a pick 1?

Krypton
                  United States
                  Member #140102
                  March 11, 2013
                  891 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2013, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I've matched 5of6 twice, once in 2002 and again last month.  I've never matched a 5of5 but plenty of 5of5 have come up that were within the parameters of the picks I was making so I'm hopeful it's just a matter of time before I'm successful.

I'm focused only on the four games that I can play locally so that should help.

Wow! that's awesome

ive matched 5 on differeent tickets. Don't think that counts LOL

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2013, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I'm a firm believer math can help you win. Proof, you all want proof .... Working on it.   The ONLY time I matched 5 out of 6 I didn't play )-:  I went to the store like I always do at the 11 th hour and there lotto machine was broken. The next closest store was past the cut off time .   I love trying though (-:

Ricklou's avatar - majestic lion.jpg

South Africa
                      Member #129822
                      June 28, 2012
                      361 Posts
                      Posted: March 24, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely agree.......math plays a huge role aswell reading paterns.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: March 24, 2013, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

He wont say fully.  Its proprietary.

There's nothing proprietary about looking at previous drawings and using repeating trends to pick combinations for future drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2013, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

There's nothing proprietary about looking at previous drawings and using repeating trends to pick combinations for future drawings.

There has to be something proprietary somewhere, otherwise, GH would not have trademarked some of her terminology and go after copycats, and LP would offer all the abbreviated wheels for free to any member.

And all of Steve Players systems would be emailed without cost to everyone.

You could program something that works RJ, and sell it.  You could be a proprieter.  Wink

Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

There has to be something proprietary somewhere, otherwise, GH would not have trademarked some of her terminology and go after copycats, and LP would offer all the abbreviated wheels for free to any member.

And all of Steve Players systems would be emailed without cost to everyone.

You could program something that works RJ, and sell it.  You could be a proprieter.  Wink

Illogical.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: March 29, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Illogical.

EXACTLY!!!!DanceCoffee

Page 7 of 38