Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 11 of 38
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
891 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2013, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Nothing I do is proprietary and I prefer to discuss my ideas in a public forum.  I use simple math, nothing advanced and the logic I use is just plain common sense. 

I pick combinations that have never come up that fall within the parameters of 95% of the combinations drawn in previous drawings.  Parameters of sums, ranges and gaps are my main ones but I have added others as they gotten my attention.

Hey RJ. I'm trying to understand what your saying because I play the jack pot games and the past say 2-10 games always have repeats often

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2013, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

This sounds like the SL system.  Are you a believer again?

Better to cover the cost than to lose half your money.

Here in america we are not disbalanced.

We are unbalanced.

I Agree! Being unbalanced is a privilege I rather enjoy. Cheers Patriot  Lurking

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey RJ. I'm trying to understand what your saying because I play the jack pot games and the past say 2-10 games always have repeats often

If that's what you have observed in the jackpot games you play then take advantage of it and start winning.  Every game is different, just being a jackpot style game doesn't mean there is a one size fit all rule that cover them all.  If something works for you, use it and good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Krypton
        United States
        Member #140102
        March 11, 2013
        891 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2013, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

If that's what you have observed in the jackpot games you play then take advantage of it and start winning.  Every game is different, just being a jackpot style game doesn't mean there is a one size fit all rule that cover them all.  If something works for you, use it and good luck.

I wish it worked more than not lolol thanks   RJ. May the luck be with all of us.....

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3971 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2013, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I wish it worked more than not lolol thanks   RJ. May the luck be with all of us.....

Too hard to prove one way or the other because chance can't be removed from the equation.

I believe a person can improve their odds but unless we can say with 100% accuracy that the

next draw will be this or that then we must accept that chance could have played a roll. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2013, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Good luck RJOh.Thumbs Up

But to answer your question, I would say yes it does. For the last 2 months, I've been using 2 filters that, together, eliminate approximately 7.7 million combinations from Hoosier Lotto's 12.2 million total combinations. They are accurate 95% of the time. So in essence, yes, it can. The problem with jackpot games is massive odds to begin with. Even though those 2 filters take me down to about 1 in 4.5 million to win the jackpot, those are still horrible odds, so my only option is to come up with more filters or to improve all the other ones I have. All I can do is wait for the big strike.

Exactly !  Thumbs Up  Odds wise.......All the games are just ................... too Big.      Just too <snip> big. 

Luck wise .... they are all barely out of reach.......or even closer.  LOL       

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2013, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Too hard to prove one way or the other because chance can't be removed from the equation.

I believe a person can improve their odds but unless we can say with 100% accuracy that the

next draw will be this or that then we must accept that chance could have played a roll. 

RL

"could have?"

You're almost there RL.  Check out the book below and complete your journey.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2013, 10:01 am - IP Logged

"could have?"

You're almost there RL.  Check out the book below and complete your journey.

Just before you give up jimmy4164 ......at least go as far as you can with the math ....or at the very least try to cheat or something.  LOL 

"Everyone needs at least one reason to play the game... no matter who or what it is."

Win d

Win d    

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2013, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Just before you give up jimmy4164 ......at least go as far as you can with the math ....or at the very least try to cheat or something.  LOL 

"Everyone needs at least one reason to play the game... no matter who or what it is."

Win d

OK - How about the Lottery Ticket and Ludic Fallacies?  Smile

http://kmci.org/alllifeisproblemsolving/archives/notes-for-black-swan-ideas-lottery-ticket-and-ludic-fallacies-mandelbrodtian-randomness-gray-swans-and-the-narrative-fallacy/

Taleb

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3971 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy41

I had to back paddle to get to this point, just don't like to argue anymore than I have to.  This way both

the believers and non-believers can both agree, at least to some extent.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3971 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

Do you really read all the books that you link to.  The last book I read was decades ago.  I like to

learn stuff on my own.  I calculated pi to 3 or 4 decimal points before the age of 10.  Never knew

someone else had already figured it out, maybe I should read some of those books you mention.

RL

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2013, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

For years my avatar here was one of Mandelbrot's fractals. NTT and me were both big fans of the guy.

You have to admire the temerity of a Christian/Ex-Commodities Bookie giving out sanctimonious opinions on gambling.  LOL    OK ..ok a derivatives bookie.  LOL 

And PILOT ask the Black Swan ....."What is truth"......and truth was looking at him right in the eye.  LOL

Win d    

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

Do you really read all the books that you link to.  The last book I read was decades ago.  I like to

learn stuff on my own.  I calculated pi to 3 or 4 decimal points before the age of 10.  Never knew

someone else had already figured it out, maybe I should read some of those books you mention.

RL

Jammy does not need to read a book to know that he agrees with it, and it is therefore authoritative.

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC says, "I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider they are not."

I know you've read my discussions of this in the past, but I guess you want me to repeat myself.  In the lottery, the DISTRIBUTION of your winnings are a product of the way you choose to DISTRIBUTE your capital as bets.  If you play a game long enough, your OVERALL winnings will be the same no matter how you choose to play.

...and, "Do you really read all the books that you link to."

Mostly, yes.  If I haven't read a book I link to, I've read excerpts and/or reviews by people I respect.  If you did due diligence before investing untold hours on problems that have either been previously solved OR PROVEN TO HAVE NO SOLUTION, you might avoid "reinventing the wheel," or wasting your time.  I have always tried to avoid doing this, which is why I read books.  You really should try it some day.  If Epstein and Taleb are beyond your comprehension, there are introductory texts available.

Ronnie316 says, "Jammy does not need to read a book to know that he agrees with it, and it is therefore authoritative."

...which doesn't deserve a reply.

And WIN D attempts to dismiss Nicholas Taleb, a successful mathematical trader, by referring to him as a "bookie."

If you people knew how pathetic you appear when you conduct yourselves in this way when faced with evidence you cannot refute, you would be embarrassed, and quiet.

But you obviously don't know.

--Jimmy4164

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3971 Posts
                              Posted: June 27, 2013, 9:01 am - IP Logged

jimbozo

balh, blah, blah.  you sound like a broken record.   You miss the boat again, what I choose to do with my

time is my own business.   You view yourself as some kind of a "Master Of Odds"  who has been appointed

by GOD to beat us dummies into submission.   You view yourself a enlightened being of sorts but here again

you have missed the boat.  You score a F- in the teacher category, you are not a teacher nor do you have

the traits of a good teacher.  You post here in the hopes that people will respect you.   Not going to happen.

Teachers don't put down they build up.  Your motives are made more and more evident with every post you

make.  Why don't you write a book as I am sure it would be a best seller among like minded and motivated

people.   Statistics does a very nice job defining the odds for any game of chance when certain information is

known.  Overall odds can be defined by nCr or nPr.   Each game has two events from the players perspective,

numbers played vs numbers drawn.  We also have two options when playing the lottery,  we can choose a QP

which is using random to predict random or we can use analysis and make selections based on that analysis. 

What is your problem,  a QP player is perfectly within their rights to play a QP but every system player is somehow

flawed because they choose to pick their own numbers?   BUNK.  My self picks have at least the same odds as

a QP but if my analysis does anything then my picks are better.  You think that nothing can be done to improve

our chances and that's your opinion.   If I pick my own numbers and win I can't prove my analysis was the

deciding factor but you can't prove that it wasen't. 

Any self pick has at least the same odds as a QP no matter what I use to select it.  If you think I could be making

better use of my time then I say who made you a dictator.  If you think I am leading others astray I point out that

I am not forcing anyone to use anything I have ever posted.

You are biased to the point where you cannot even see the possibly that one can improve their play.  We all

know what you think, just because we ignore you personally does not mean that we don't understand the math.

The lottery is a game and for some people it's more exciting when we pick our own numbers.   I have friends that

love to jump out of airplanes.   They pay big bucks for the thrill, to me this is a total waste of time and they take

unnecessary risk that could kill them.  I know that they realize the danger so I don't feel the need to remind them

every couple days. 

RL

Page 11 of 38