Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can math and logic improve chances of winning a jackpot?

Topic closed. 557 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sflottolover.

Page 33 of 38
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Looking at the output and because of the wheel design, the first five number are in the first line. So if you go low to high, you'll have lines with four or more low numbers and you go high to low, you'll have four or high numbers the same line. It would be very difficult to get a consistent number distribution using a large combo wheel, but you don't want to have several lines with four numbers from the same decade or four consecutive numbers either.

I don't want to argue with the math critics that 1-2-3-4-5-6 has the same odds of being drawn as any other combo, but because more combinations have three or less numbers from the same decade, consecutive, or last number, there is better probability the results will have that type of number distribution. There will be drawings with all even or all odd numbers too, but a huge majority of the drawings will have between 1 and 5 even numbers and the majority will have between 2 and 4.

I think that takes us back to RJOh math and logic which improves the probability of winning by playing evenly distributed combinations.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

I think the best system is to anticipate that something will happen and than choose the right timing for betting it. As in all even numbers as an example, even though the probability is low the odds can be BETTER if the timing is right. It make me think of the girl who anticipate that "When the MM jackpot is at $112 Million, I will win". The timing was right, she bought a ticket that day and won. Easy, right?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5588 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2013, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I think the best system is to anticipate that something will happen and than choose the right timing for betting it. As in all even numbers as an example, even though the probability is low the odds can be BETTER if the timing is right. It make me think of the girl who anticipate that "When the MM jackpot is at $112 Million, I will win". The timing was right, she bought a ticket that day and won. Easy, right?

Timing is everything.

Sure looks easy.

Until you try it. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2013, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Seeing this reminded me that I used to keep track of numbers playing by position for all the jackpot games in Tx and MM and PB. I never got close to winning anything with that system and when my old computer crashed it took all those files with it, I never tried to rebuild them.

Back in February I came close to matching 6/6 when I matched 5/6 using a similar strategy with 10 lines, I guess I got lucky.

I don't really track these numbers, I wrote a program that uses my regular data files to count and record which numbers followed which number and the trends at the time.  Then looking at the trends and numbers in the last drawing I pick combinations with numbers in those positions following the most likely trend.  I got the idea after seeing a graph jadelottery posted in the jackpot forum last year.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Timing is everything.

Sure looks easy.

Until you try it. LOL.

Winning always looks easy when someone else does it.

Evil Looking       

armin5683's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            texas
            United States
            Member #142407
            May 11, 2013
            11 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2013, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

if you figure out the pick 3 let me know i'll buy your system if it gives me 2 of the numbers come up every time

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2013, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

if you figure out the pick 3 let me know i'll buy your system if it gives me 2 of the numbers come up every time

That's a word. No program can do that unless you pull in 10 digits for both.
              If you ask, be precise.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you are confused, no one has offered to sell any system or is planning to in this thread.  Any ideas for a system you get from this thread you will have to do the work of designing it yourself for yourself.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2013, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Yes especially if you wouldn't feel foolish after spending $1227 and only matching 3 for $2 or worst winning nothing.  $20 is the max I can spend and not feel foolish about winning nothing or very little.

Besides, I ran a program that based on previous drawings predicts at least four of the numbers of the winning combination will be in these positions:

1) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20
                  2) 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 24 29
                  3) 5 14 15 17 18 19 21 23 25 28 30 31
                  4) 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 36 39
                  5) 27 30 31 33 34 36 37 38 44
                  6) 39 40 41 45 46 47 48 49

and it's hard to wheel that many lines that stay within those parameters.

I suggest that you use Covermaster and generate a dense wheel of roughly 49 numbers. Maybe a 5 if 5.

Paste the numbers in Excel or your own program and apply your most resonable filters until you get a playable amount of combinations.

Fill in the tickets, or print the lines with your program and printer.

Validate the tickets and cash in after the drawing.

This information is worth cash.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I suggest that you use Covermaster and generate a dense wheel of roughly 49 numbers. Maybe a 5 if 5.

Paste the numbers in Excel or your own program and apply your most resonable filters until you get a playable amount of combinations.

Green laugh Very funny.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2013, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't use Excel and have no desire to learn it or own a copy of it.  Besides, creating a wheel that size with that condition using CoverMaster would lock up my computer for weeks.  My work ups have to be quick and affordable.

I'll be using a similar set of numbers developed from last night's drawing to filter the 10 lines I'll play for Wednesday drawing.  Since #22 has only been the lowest number in three OCL drawings, the list will be slim for the lower positions.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe you can use it with one of the games you play.  Good luck.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: August 21, 2013, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I don't use Excel and have no desire to learn it or own a copy of it.  Besides, creating a wheel that size with that condition using CoverMaster would lock up my computer for weeks.  My work ups have to be quick and affordable.

I'll be using a similar set of numbers developed from last night's drawing to filter the 10 lines I'll play for Wednesday drawing.  Since #22 has only been the lowest number in three OCL drawings, the list will be slim for the lower positions.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe you can use it with one of the games you play.  Good luck.

Excel offers room for improvisation. I already used the technique, only without using Covermaster. I have my own wheeling program designed by myself.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 21, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Excel offers room for improvisation. I already used the technique, only without using Covermaster. I have my own wheeling program designed by myself.

Nice work. Thumbs Up

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                            Member #142777
                            May 18, 2013
                            263 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2013, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Does this mean you are a Danial Brian fan?

I'm a fan of Vince McMahon.  Anyone who can make a billion dollars+ off stuff like this deserves an award of some kind.   Triple H too.  Didn't he marry Vince's daughter?   Only in American!

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm a fan of Vince McMahon.  Anyone who can make a billion dollars+ off stuff like this deserves an award of some kind.   Triple H too.  Didn't he marry Vince's daughter?   Only in American!

Correct on every point. It just goes to show what can be done when a person is willing to go to any lengths to put out a quality product. It take a very specialized talent to produce live broadcasting.

Page 33 of 38