Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5285 replies. Last post 27 minutes ago by BuyLow.

Page 273 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #175371
June 13, 2016
210 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2016, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I think I'm done for a while.  Bought four $5 tickets, 2 WoF, Sevens,  and a Monopoly and nothing.  It's been pretty pathetic lately, I hardly even get a break even win.

$5 and $10 tickets I just win the $5 or $10 back ... $1 tickets I make a profit (small) on

won't get rich, but hopefully won't be 100k in the hole either (like with $20/$25 tickets)

FL
    United States
    Member #168858
    September 20, 2015
    131 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2016, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

$5 and $10 tickets I just win the $5 or $10 back ... $1 tickets I make a profit (small) on

won't get rich, but hopefully won't be 100k in the hole either (like with $20/$25 tickets)

If you're profitable on any price level of scratch offs, then you haven't yet regressed to the mean (unless you hit something big).

Jacksonville
      United States
      Member #153806
      March 26, 2014
      345 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2016, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

If you're profitable on any price level of scratch offs, then you haven't yet regressed to the mean (unless you hit something big).

@PendingSector - you are absolutely correct.  You can't leave ahead on any lottery/sractchoff game over the long run if you dont get a big win.  And once you get that win, you should stop.

On that note, I played the $2M Jackpot game at several places nearby that still had them.  Very mixed results.  I hit 8-9 duds in a row at some points and then hit 5 winners out of 7 tickets, etc.  Basically the wins and losses were very erratic.  After all that, I only had one win worth showing.  I remember when I used to enjoy posting $1k wins, now this is about as good as it gets.

$2M JP win $150

United States
        Member #175359
        June 12, 2016
        101 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2016, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Anyone has any idea on what is the range of roll number that is expected to have the only pending jackpot of $2M jackpot game?? I have a store that carries book number 260xxx. I am not sure whether its in expected range of jackpot or not.

Gatorsrok, any idea on this?

Jacksonville
          United States
          Member #153806
          March 26, 2014
          345 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2016, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Anyone has any idea on what is the range of roll number that is expected to have the only pending jackpot of $2M jackpot game?? I have a store that carries book number 260xxx. I am not sure whether its in expected range of jackpot or not.

Gatorsrok, any idea on this?

The final print range ends at about 277,000+/-.  I would think the final prize is in the 270,000 - 277,000 range.  The 260k range is not out of the question but may be a little less likely.  I would avoid touching anything in the 250k range or less.

United States
            Member #175371
            June 13, 2016
            210 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2016, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

last roll I bought from was 272,661 ... have a few from 260,122 ... ran across several stores near Ocala the other day that had them but didn't buy any

Florida
              United States
              Member #172872
              February 7, 2016
              611 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2016, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your luck Dracos. Unfortunately it has been almost the same story for me here in GA. I hit $500 the other day but my excitement was short lived thinking about how much I have spent. That $500 put a very small dent in my losses. I am too on a mission to cut way back and eventually quit. We can definitely save more than we have been winning.

We both have been kicked our asses kicked by Georgia/Florida lotteries. I look at your post on the Georgia thread, and see we both have very similar chasing tendencies. 

I lapsed again, and decided to play some scratchoffs today. This must be a sign that I need to quit. I think my bad luck has been statistically unlikely to happen considering the extent of my poor returns. I bought 4x Florida Cash - all losers. 4x $25(35-38) Fortune - all losers. (#3-6), 6 $20 Flamingo (from two different rolls...all losers). Double checked, and still losers. 

I would have been better off buying $1 or $2 tickets. I can't catch a break on scratch tickets.

I'm going to try really hard to refrain from a while. The longer I go without playing scratch tickets, the better my financial situation. I'm able to pay the basic bills, but I'd rather be putting aside extra money from my paycheck toward student loans or a savings account rather than continually donating money to education.

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                Member #154519
                April 19, 2014
                243 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2016, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

We both have been kicked our asses kicked by Georgia/Florida lotteries. I look at your post on the Georgia thread, and see we both have very similar chasing tendencies. 

I lapsed again, and decided to play some scratchoffs today. This must be a sign that I need to quit. I think my bad luck has been statistically unlikely to happen considering the extent of my poor returns. I bought 4x Florida Cash - all losers. 4x $25(35-38) Fortune - all losers. (#3-6), 6 $20 Flamingo (from two different rolls...all losers). Double checked, and still losers. 

I would have been better off buying $1 or $2 tickets. I can't catch a break on scratch tickets.

I'm going to try really hard to refrain from a while. The longer I go without playing scratch tickets, the better my financial situation. I'm able to pay the basic bills, but I'd rather be putting aside extra money from my paycheck toward student loans or a savings account rather than continually donating money to education.

How about just playing the daily number draw games like Fantasy 5, Cash 3, Play 4, Pick 5, and Pick 2?  You can play one of those each day and not break the bank.

Show me the money!

United States
                  Member #152942
                  March 1, 2014
                  65 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2016, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

I posted this in the other scratch off posts. But since I'm in Florida right now, I figured I'd share it here too. Won $100 on a $5 Monopoly scratch off and reinvested it today and won $5000!

Does anyone know if I have to go to the main office in Tallahassee? Or can I go to anyone of the Lotto offices here in FL?

Jacksonville
                    United States
                    Member #153806
                    March 26, 2014
                    345 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2016, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I posted this in the other scratch off posts. But since I'm in Florida right now, I figured I'd share it here too. Won $100 on a $5 Monopoly scratch off and reinvested it today and won $5000!

Does anyone know if I have to go to the main office in Tallahassee? Or can I go to anyone of the Lotto offices here in FL?

Awesome win!  You can claim the win at any Florida Lottery District Office.  You don't have to go to Tallahassee.

United States
                      Member #152942
                      March 1, 2014
                      65 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2016, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Awesome. That's good to know.

Tampa, Fl
                        United States
                        Member #136502
                        December 12, 2012
                        109 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2016, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Congrats on the win!! Party 

What city/store were you in where you bought the ticket?

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          611 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2016, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

How about just playing the daily number draw games like Fantasy 5, Cash 3, Play 4, Pick 5, and Pick 2?  You can play one of those each day and not break the bank.

@Morgo - That's a good suggestion. I've actually never played a draw game. The new pick 2 seems interesting. My biggest issue is self control. I need to develop more of it with playing the lotto, eating out, and budgeting in general.

@ Brock - Incredible win on a $5 ticket! That's one hell of an experience you've had in Florida. I also wonder what area/city you purchased the ticket in. The highest winner I've seen on a $5 ticket was $150, and $1k on a $25 ticket. Sometimes those lower tickets can pay off much better. This just goes to show big winners (and losers...and countless duds in some cases) can be anywhere.

My experience was the $20 Flamingo has been especially harsh, perhaps as bad as $25 Florida Ass and $25 Misfortune. Maybe even as bad as $20 Unlucky for Life.

Tampa, FL
                            United States
                            Member #133287
                            September 25, 2012
                            8 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2016, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

@Dracos I'm down $55 in the past two weeks on scratch offs. My experience with the $25 fortune ticket is in most cases I just break even or maybe a $30 win for a very slight profit. Bought one last week, lost. Bought a $5 monopoly and lost. Today I tried my luck on a $20 flamingo since I had never played it before and lost, then tried the $5 flamingo and lost. I'm through with the lottery. Always lose money or break even. It's really just a waste. You will go broke trying to find that one big win. Like finding a needle in a ginormous haystack. I would venture to say I've probably lost hundreds of dollars in the lottery since I started playing at 18 (25 now) and have never won back more than $25 on any game (scratch offs or number games). At least my losses are not in the thousands range as I'm an occasional but not serious player.

Douglasville, GA
                              United States
                              Member #126604
                              April 12, 2012
                              869 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2016, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Since that post I have played twice. Lost about $100 one day then yesterday I played ONE $20 ticket. It lost and I was pissed. When I get like that I know I have lost the taste for it. I will now go for weeks without playing but will get sucked in sometime in the fall. I just need to fight the urge. If I do come back maybe I will try to focus on games $10 and under like others suggest.

Page 273 of 353