Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5270 replies. Last post 10 hours ago by duckman.

Page 276 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
Cape Coral
United States
Member #173988
March 28, 2016
216 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I just came back from one of Kwik Stop here close to my place in South Florida and played Super 8s (8 tickets only) and got $15. Not a good return. I never used to get good returns on this Super 8 or any other $5 game....

While playing this game, the shop owner told me some one from Ft. Myers came and bought 3 books of FL Cash ($25 game) !!!! They didn't want to play the open book of that game!!!????

I was thinking about Adams only when he said that!!!! Smile

Not me! lol.   I do not care for the $25 games at all.  I usually dont play the $20 games either. My sweet spot has been $5/$10 games.

The biggest thing about buying $25 tickets in bulk is that as soon as you run into 3...4..5..6. losers in a row, you NEED a big winner to make any money at all.

I think the best strategy with buying tickets in general is...

$1/2/3 -  Avoid.  Prizes to me have never been worth chasing, and can scratch a ticket off in about 4 seconds.

$5/10 -  Buy in bulk on games with top prizes of at least 250k on $5  and 1 million on $10 tickets

$20-  Buy in bulk, but no more then 10 at a time and see where you stand

$25- Avoid like the plague.

United States
    Member #175359
    June 12, 2016
    101 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

That's a good strategy Adam. Even my sweet spot is $10 games and then $5 games.

I just want to clarify about your jackpot $2Million Holiday ticket - Is it sold at Coral Springs or Cape Coral??? FL Lotto mentioned that ticket has been sold at Coral Springs in Facebook when you bought the ticket at Cape Coral!!?????? Even a small information like this is not verified by FL Lotto before posting in FB!!!???

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      606 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2016, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I just came back from one of Kwik Stop here close to my place in South Florida and played Super 8s (8 tickets only) and got $15. Not a good return. I never used to get good returns on this Super 8 or any other $5 game....

While playing this game, the shop owner told me some one from Ft. Myers came and bought 3 books of FL Cash ($25 game) !!!! They didn't want to play the open book of that game!!!????

I was thinking about Adams only when he said that!!!! Smile

Lmao Oldghost! You're right, that was my plan all along! Hahaha.

@ Krissam - Sorry to hear about the "meh" Super 8's return. That $5 ticket has also emptied my wallet, but it at least has more $5 break evens than the $5 Losing Streak ticket. That ticket is an absolute joke. They reordered Winning Streak months ago, and I think only 1 jackpot has been hit recently.

Anyone in the Gainesville/Alachua County area, and Jacksonville area, I have a list of stores with Power 8's. I'd be happy to share. This information is at least a couple weeks old, however, so it would definitely be worth calling.

With the FL Cash game having only 5 $1m prizes left, I'd say it is one of the worst $25 to play. There's also chances of some being thrown away, in my opinion. Remember how 100X The Cash had many top prizes remaining? I've won $1k, and $500, and $400 several times on FL Cash. I've also given that money back and encountered EIGHT losers in a row. That's $200 down the drain, MULTIPLE times. Ugh...

Then again, the Lucky $200k/yr for life $20 ticket can also have 10 duds in a row. I found this out the hard way, and have lost alot chasing that. The $20 Flamingo is also notorious for having rows of duds.

florida
        United States
        Member #175659
        June 28, 2016
        83 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2016, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Stopped on the way back home from work and bought 2 $5 monopolys and 1 $10 holiday gift. $5 back on monopoly and $40 on holiday gift. Ive had a great 3 days lately lol my wallets happy again!

FL
          United States
          Member #168858
          September 20, 2015
          131 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2016, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Stopped on the way back home from work and bought 2 $5 monopolys and 1 $10 holiday gift. $5 back on monopoly and $40 on holiday gift. Ive had a great 3 days lately lol my wallets happy again!

$10 cashword can be kinda decent.. anyone been playing it lately?  I did hit 1k on Fortune over the weekend but my wife doesn't really likr me posting pics of winners.

Florida
            United States
            Member #171925
            January 13, 2016
            316 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2016, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

So I went in a store I occasionally buy tickets from and the scratch off display was empty with a sign that said "Under new management, lotto coming soon!"

So you can add somewhere in the range of 40 rolls of varying denominations destroyed. And they carried all of the orderable $5 tickets, including the old Flamingo and Margaritaville. Sure, the odds that a winner was there are pretty low, but still sucks that there is no accounting for activated rolls that get destroyed.

Cape Coral
              United States
              Member #173988
              March 28, 2016
              216 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2016, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

The lottery screwed up. We bought the ticket, and live in Cape Coral.  I didnt mind though because our name wasnt plastered all over the local news. =)

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22891 Posts
                Posted: August 4, 2016, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I do believe I remember reading he isn't going to post a pic just yet, his father (whom he gave the ticket too)

asked him not to post a pic of it online until after it's cashed or something to that extent. 

@EMTAdam

Money changes people, enough money changes just about everyone to some degree. For most people, even

a relatively small amount of money can wildly change some one. Most people should probably expect what

you've gone through with your mom, but the hard part is guessing who will act that way. You would tend to

think that most of the people in this world you are very close with and have good relationships with, wouldn't

act the way she did. But like I said, money can do things to people and a lot of times it isn't good.

Hopefully you get to talk to her in a scenario where you both are not upset and get it all sorted out. I don't blame

you one bit for being upset, if I were in your shoes it would send me off the deep end for people to expect/demand

money from me. Two things in this world I absolutely cannot stand are people being lazy or ungrateful. Again, I'd

expect it from some people but not either of my parents or my few good friends.

I was reading back on this thread because of a reference to Adam winning 2 jackpots..I think I missed the Kings
                Ransom win...Great job Adam.

GetReal..very good insight. Money does change people..and the biggest and worst changes don't happen to the winner,
                it's the friends and family that usually change.
                Adam, did your mother complain at all before your win happened? Ex how hard her life was, how she gave everything to
                everyone else, that people used her or didn't appreciate her, did she talk of how bad she had it when she was younger,
                and did she resent other people having or getting things?
                Resentment, envy and pride are bad enough without displaying them to your own blood. At some point she decided she
                was due payment and demanded it rather than wait and be thankful for what you decided you'd give. Your brother and
                her most likely talked behind your back about how 'greedy' you were and selfish and after all she/they did for you, how
                could you be so cruel.
                I don't think the relationship will or can ever return to happier days. There is no amount of money you can give them that
                would be enough. All they will remember is that they asked for more and you said no.
                The $725k you have left is not enough to be handing out without limits. I don't know your age but you might have a long
                way to go, making sure you have enough for you is paramount. It may seem greedy to some but you never know what
                the future holds and if you give too much away, you'll wonder why you didn't do it differently. If things take a turn for
                the worse wouldn't you rather be prepared for it than happy with knowing you made them happy? They most likely will
                never be able to help you in the degree you're able to help them now and even a modest amount gifted is a generous
                gesture they'll never appreciate.
                Contempt against a family member is awful, it's a hate that's so deep seated it's impossible to get rid of for some. I'm
                sorry you have to experience this when all you should be is happy, now you have a dark cloud over you and until you
                either patch things up or don't talk to them at all and bury the situation in your mind, you'll always be plagued by whether
                you did the right thing.
                You gave your father the KR ticket? Didn't your mom benefit from that? She might be thinking she deserves an equal gift.
                I think the best thing you can do is think of yourself and your immediate family..your wife, kid(s) and your future.
                This whole mess is something that you can't fix and even giving them what they want won't fix it. Money can't buy
                happiness they say but it can buy comfort..please don't try to buy their comfort. Family who show true colors when it comes
                to money are worse than strangers. Don't wind up being mad at yourself for giving in because that's something that
                will be harder to recover from than them being mad at you.
                Good luck to you, it's a very difficult situation.

United States
                  Member #175359
                  June 12, 2016
                  101 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2016, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Adam, I just noticed that FL Lottery didn't update your KR win in either the website or in winning numbres (pdf document) also!!!! It was won last month, rt?

Does it mean that the other jackpots could have been won and they don't update even after a month after the jackpot was claimed!!!????

This is really adding fuel to the fire as there are other serious issues with FL Lotto admin system of scratch-off games and now this issue also!!!???? WTF???

florida
                    United States
                    Member #175659
                    June 28, 2016
                    83 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2016, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow..who knows what freakin prizes are left. They really need to do something about these problems because its b.s. lol

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      606 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Wow..who knows what freakin prizes are left. They really need to do something about these problems because its b.s. lol

I respect they updated High Roller when the jackpot was hit, but King's Ransom has been neglected for a month. There seems to be a random order to what is updated, and sometimes weeks/months before something is updated. FL Cash is down to 5 $1m prizes apparently. Anyone got an instant liability report on it to see whether what remains is proportional? 

I am absolutely shocked the $20 Monopoly had 2 $5m prizes hit, but not a single $1m prize hit. I assume the following explanations are all possibilities: 

1- $1m prize(s) are inactive, or at a very low traffic store or DO (sitting)

2- $1m prize(s) haven't been distributed yet, and they randomized the distribution to where there are substantial gaps. I.E rolls in the 80k one week, and then 20k in the other. I've seen roll variances on the $20 ticket go from 7k to 80k where I live. 

3- Unusual distribution pools where they intentionally wanted to have 2 top prizes hit, and then the $1m prizes are going to start trickling in. The first one MAY be hit in Cape Coral soon! 

4- $1m prize was thrown away (could happen, despite the lower likelihood due to the 2nd chance promo resulting in a "safety net" of doube checking tickets for many - still, I've seen several $20 Monopolies in the trash...

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #167757
                        July 29, 2015
                        359 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

I respect they updated High Roller when the jackpot was hit, but King's Ransom has been neglected for a month. There seems to be a random order to what is updated, and sometimes weeks/months before something is updated. FL Cash is down to 5 $1m prizes apparently. Anyone got an instant liability report on it to see whether what remains is proportional? 

I am absolutely shocked the $20 Monopoly had 2 $5m prizes hit, but not a single $1m prize hit. I assume the following explanations are all possibilities: 

2- $1m prize(s) haven't been distributed yet, and they randomized the distribution to where there are substantial gaps. I.E rolls in the 80k one week, and then 20k in the other. I've seen roll variances on the $20 ticket go from 7k to 80k where I live. 

3- Unusual distribution pools where they intentionally wanted to have 2 top prizes hit, and then the $1m prizes are going to start trickling in. The first one MAY be hit in Cape Coral soon! 

4- $1m prize was thrown away (could happen, despite the lower likelihood due to the 2nd chance promo resulting in a "safety net" of doube checking tickets for many - still, I've seen several $20 Monopolies in the trash...

We don't necessarily know that KR has been neglected. Adam gave the ticket to his dad, yes, but we don't know that he's claimed it yet. Might be waiting for January (tax purposes, etc). The Lottery has proven negligent on top prize updates before, but without more information I wouldn't go after them on this one just yet.

Tampa, Fl
                          United States
                          Member #136502
                          December 12, 2012
                          109 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2016, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

This is why I always double check tickets, especially tickets I see in the trash...if it's within reach of course.  :)

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            606 Posts
                            Posted: August 4, 2016, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

We don't necessarily know that KR has been neglected. Adam gave the ticket to his dad, yes, but we don't know that he's claimed it yet. Might be waiting for January (tax purposes, etc). The Lottery has proven negligent on top prize updates before, but without more information I wouldn't go after them on this one just yet.

It is possible but unlikely. Most people would have claimed by now, this isn't the Powerball we're talking about.

A Lottery as large as the FL Lottery shouldn't have to rely on an inefficient process such as manual updates. The technology has been out there for many years to implement data infrastructures which automatically update. There needs to be consistency, and transparency. The $1/$2 tickets seem to be updated fairly swiftly, which leads me to believe there are different individuals responsible for updating the website. Still, something the FL Lottery needs to do is update their web page, and how prizes remaining is displayed. They are using out of date technology, and they can make their processes much more efficient. There's been many occasions where incorrect information has been displayed, typos, and other crucial information left out. Many state lottery systems, some significantly smaller than Florida, provide much more transparent information and update them in a timely manner. Anything over 48 hours to 72 hours, in my opinion, is negligent and false advertising. It certainly wouldn't be unjust to call it deceptive marketing. I can go after them because I've witnessed numerous tickets go undated. Florida Cash, is an example of one which maybe have went well over a month before displaying accurate information. 

@ Risky - If nothing else, free entries into the second chance. =p

United States
                              Member #175359
                              June 12, 2016
                              101 Posts
                              Posted: August 4, 2016, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Can I use the following website to file a complaint regarding all the issues that we have regarding FL Lotto Scratch-off games practices including manual update!!!???

http://www.flalottery.com/igFileComplaint

Will it be of any use?

Complainants may also call:

• The State Comptroller's Get-Lean Hotline. The telephone number is 1-800-GET-LEAN (438-5326); and
                              • The State Employee Whistle-blower Hotline (operated by the Office of the Chief Inspector General of the Governor's Office). The number is (850) 922-1060 or Toll-Free: 1-800-543-5353.

Page 276 of 352