Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5307 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 274 of 354
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #152942
March 1, 2014
65 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2016, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Risky it was in The Villages, and it was in Winn-Dixie from the counter. Bought 4 $5 tickets and just lucked out.

United States
    Member #152942
    March 1, 2014
    65 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

So on the way out to cash my big win I stopped for gas and a drink and bought a $20 ticket and ended up hitting $100.

I was not expecting the crazy wait and lines at the lotto ticket office though. Was there for over 4 hrs. I guess Mondays aren't a good day to go. Finally got out of there and cashed my ticket and bought some more. Hit another $100 on a $10 and just about another $100 on different tickets.

So all in all a good day. Can't believe my luck the last few days.

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      617 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2016, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

So on the way out to cash my big win I stopped for gas and a drink and bought a $20 ticket and ended up hitting $100.

I was not expecting the crazy wait and lines at the lotto ticket office though. Was there for over 4 hrs. I guess Mondays aren't a good day to go. Finally got out of there and cashed my ticket and bought some more. Hit another $100 on a $10 and just about another $100 on different tickets.

You have some amazing luck here in FL. Watch you hit a jackpot on the way home. It wouldn't be the first time someone has hit big while visiting Florida. A German tourist hit $3million on a scratchoff ticket from a Publix in Miami earlier this year. 

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd a $1 million prize hasn't been hit on the $20 Monopoly yet? I've seen $20 Monopoly tickets in the 100k print range around where I live now. I saw the $5m jackpot was hit in the 50k range. I'd like to think 1-2 of the $1 million prizes should have been hit by now. Perhaps they are sitting unactivated, or in a low traffic area? In before a top prize is hit in Cape Coral soon by someone we know. =p 

Additionally, I'm seeing $20 Flamingo tickets in the 660k-700k range where I live (which signals it is approaching the end of it's print line, if Super Millions is in the 700k range and is approaching it's end). 

I get paid on Friday, so I might try buying random $5, and maybe a few $20 tickets. Then again, scratchoffs have been spanking me lately. I have always done well buying from Winn Dixie, and usually decent or very good buying from Publix. It is the random food stores/gas stations that tends to "clean" my wallet.

florida
        United States
        Member #175659
        June 28, 2016
        83 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Went over to AK today while I was in town. Bought a $10 holiday gift, a 50x, and various $2...all lost except the 50x which hit for $100 ?? ill take a 100$ profit. Then tonight I stop by my local Kangaroo and buy two $2 monoplies one hit for 10 amd other for $4. Me and my gf just got back from Virginia where she hit back to back $25 on two $2 scratchers, $50 on a $1 scratchoff, and I hit $50 on a $2 ticket. Not a bad few days..

Tampa, FL
          United States
          Member #133287
          September 25, 2012
          8 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2016, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

You're just unusually lucky. Don't think what you've experienced is the norm at all here in FL. If you stay and lived here and play long term, I can almost guarantee you will come out in the negative. FL lottery is THAT bad. I would say you have gotten lucky a few times now quit while you're ahead.

Tampa, Fl
            United States
            Member #136502
            December 12, 2012
            111 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2016, 3:51 am - IP Logged

Wow, you were there for 4 hours?  When I won $5000 in 2014 I was in there for about 30 mins.  A few weeks later I won $1000 and was out the door with a check in 15 minutes.

Florida
              United States
              Member #167757
              July 29, 2015
              363 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2016, 7:22 am - IP Logged

Wow, you were there for 4 hours?  When I won $5000 in 2014 I was in there for about 30 mins.  A few weeks later I won $1000 and was out the door with a check in 15 minutes.

Monday is just a bad day to go in, particularly in the morning. I stop by HQ every now and then to buy a few tickets from the DO there and the times I've gone through on Monday the visitor parking is full.

Florida
                United States
                Member #172872
                February 7, 2016
                617 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2016, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Monday is just a bad day to go in, particularly in the morning. I stop by HQ every now and then to buy a few tickets from the DO there and the times I've gone through on Monday the visitor parking is full.

Well...

Gambled a bit today. Started out AHEAD by $95 when I bought 1 $5 Monopoly and hit $100 on the first ticket(see image below), and then kept playing and ended up being down a few hundred after buying some $20 Monopoly duds, $20 Flamingo duds, $20 Gold Rush duds, etc. The $5 Winning Streak is absolute garbage, perhaps the worst $5 ticket ever. Endless duds.

I seem to only do well on $5, and $10 tickets lately. The $20 and up tickets are what empty my wallet. I've been playing the $20 Monopoly and $20 Flamingo because I think they are both overdue for a $1m prize to be hit. I haven't hit anything above $30 on those tickets, unfortunately, with duds making the win to lose ratio not very impressive. 

On the bright side, I've calculated my paychecks, current credit card debt, rent, and other bills for the next 5 months. This also allocates $100/mo for lotto if I decide to keep playing. Discipline will be key here for me.  If I follow my budget, I should be debt free by Christmas in terms of credit cards.  The only exception is student loan debt. Curse you Johns Hopkins! Crying

Also, how sad is it that I have 900+ entries for the 2nd Monopoly drawing already? (I did find a few $20 tickets thrown away in the trash, and picked them up shamelessly to enter them online)

Cape Coral
                  United States
                  Member #173988
                  March 28, 2016
                  216 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Havent played ANY tickets in a few weeks, and tonight decided to give it a little go...

Bought 2 of the $20 Monopoly tickets.  Won on both of them.  A  $500 WINNER with a Winall and $25 under each one, and a $50 winner on Double $25.

Bought 5 of the $10 Monopoly tickets.  Won on 3 of them.   A $50 winner , a $20 winner and a $10 winner. 

Not too shabby.. =)

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #151010
                    January 5, 2014
                    199 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, I haven't played much at all. Only tickets I've been getting is when I fill up. Got a Winning Streak last week but that ticket lost. Have to fill up in the morning so maybe I'll get one on the way to work.

Dang, I've been to that Win Dixie in the Villages (the one that used to be a Sweetbay). Nicest looking Winn Dixie in the State. We bought tickets from there a few weeks ago but didn't win anything.

For you guys lucky enough to win $100 or more on a scratcher, I have a question,

What's a better odds strategy?

Buying 4 $25 Scratchoffs with the chance you'll at least get some or all of your money back?

Buying 5 $20 Scratchoffs with the chance you'll at least get some or all of your money back?

Taking $100 and covering all the Double Cominations in Play 2 X $10 each so that if doubles hit, you win $500 and profit $400? 

Taking $100 and picking your favorite number b/w 0-9 and Boxing all combos with that number X 10 so that if the number you picked hit you'll win $250 (or $500 if the double of your favorite number comes in).

The Play 2 really looks like it may be better than scratchoffs, at least at the lower end.

Cape Coral
                      United States
                      Member #173988
                      March 28, 2016
                      216 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2016, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, I haven't played much at all. Only tickets I've been getting is when I fill up. Got a Winning Streak last week but that ticket lost. Have to fill up in the morning so maybe I'll get one on the way to work.

Dang, I've been to that Win Dixie in the Villages (the one that used to be a Sweetbay). Nicest looking Winn Dixie in the State. We bought tickets from there a few weeks ago but didn't win anything.

For you guys lucky enough to win $100 or more on a scratcher, I have a question,

What's a better odds strategy?

Buying 4 $25 Scratchoffs with the chance you'll at least get some or all of your money back?

Buying 5 $20 Scratchoffs with the chance you'll at least get some or all of your money back?

Taking $100 and covering all the Double Cominations in Play 2 X $10 each so that if doubles hit, you win $500 and profit $400? 

Taking $100 and picking your favorite number b/w 0-9 and Boxing all combos with that number X 10 so that if the number you picked hit you'll win $250 (or $500 if the double of your favorite number comes in).

The Play 2 really looks like it may be better than scratchoffs, at least at the lower end.

Given those options, id personally go with Buying 5  $20 scratchoffs.

florida
                        United States
                        Member #175659
                        June 28, 2016
                        83 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2016, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Cashed in my $100 ticket on the 50x..bought a $5 monopoly and hit another $100 :)

Great day!

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #171925
                          January 13, 2016
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2016, 11:07 am - IP Logged

There went another 5 Million dollar prize on the $20 Monopoly. No info on where yet.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #167757
                            July 29, 2015
                            363 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2016, 11:30 am - IP Logged

There went another 5 Million dollar prize on the $20 Monopoly. No info on where yet.

A second of the six $5M jackpots hit without a single one of the twenty $1M jackpots being taken. That's nuts.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              617 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2016, 11:43 am - IP Logged

A second of the six $5M jackpots hit without a single one of the twenty $1M jackpots being taken. That's nuts.

Indeed.

In my area, I'm seeing $20 Monopoly tickets with book numbers ranging from the early thousands upwards to 100k. Perhaps some lower traffic stores or DO has some of those $1m prizes.

I assume there should have been at least 2 $1m prizes hit. Perhaps this pool is fairly irregular, and some of the $1m hits are coming soon. I assume because Monopoly is 2nd chance, a winner is highly unlikely to be trashed. Then again, I've found quite a few Monopoly tickets trashed despite the 2nd chance promo.

I received instant liability reports for the Power 8s, and Lucky for Life. I'll post them shortly.

$20 - Lucky for Life (For anyone looking to empty their wallet or get bent over by a scratchoff ticket)

Page 274 of 354