Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5822 replies. Last post 8 hours ago by Dracos.

Page 301 of 389
PrintE-mailLink
florida
United States
Member #175659
June 28, 2016
149 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2016, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

We scratched 107 tickets lol won about 89% of our money back..waiting for the new stock to come in tom or tues to see what comes in lol

Wimauma, FL
    United States
    Member #168858
    September 20, 2015
    140 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

We scratched 107 tickets lol won about 89% of our money back..waiting for the new stock to come in tom or tues to see what comes in lol

I assume you'd take a session like that every time toward your journey to hit the big one...

florida
      United States
      Member #175659
      June 28, 2016
      149 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2016, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Umm yes and no. 100% would be better lol. Trying to hit the big one is tough. we went through probably 12 books with nothing bigger tham $100 on one ticket..youd think scratching over 700 plus tickets wed get at least one $500 : /

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        764 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2016, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I think AK is the last spot with Super Millions in Gainesville with relevant rolls for the last jackpot. They have 4 rolls remaining, 3 in the 700k+, two of which are almost done.

I drove around, and played through alot of Super Millions rolls in Gainesville, Old Town, Trenton, and Chiefland FL. The highest roll I found was 735k in a Chevron in Old Town, and I played through many rolls in the 720k-730k range. My biggest win was $200. Ironically, the $200 was one of 3 tickets bought to finish off that roll so it was profitable and allowed me to keep playing. 

So basically, I think I'm going to become Jasefan Jr. I then played a bunch of $2 tickets. I won $10 many times, with several win alls. My biggest win was $40 on the $2 Double Deuces, which is a 1/1241 chance of hitting (rarer than the $100 prize, off course...)

Tickets 103, 104, and 105 were all from the same roll. That's $40, in just 3 tickets. (I bought 5 from that roll). I'm officially done playing big tickets, playing $2 tickets seems to be alot more fun and even if you don't win, you get most of your money back. The odds of hitting $400 on a $2 ticket isn't all that bad either.  The biggest issue with higher priced tickets is that they can zap your wallet fast and put you into debt, although the few who are fortunate enough to hit claims on those tickets are able to make it sustainable if they keep hitting. 

Florida
          United States
          Member #172872
          February 7, 2016
          764 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2016, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

there prob is but ive spent 7k easily in 2 weeks AND i personally know the families 2 bestbfriends haha ;)

Hey Ron, I was wondering where you were. Fingers crossed for you that you hit something huge bro. That's cool that you know the owners of AK through mutual friends. 

Honestly, the owners of AK are really amazing people. I don't know any other retailer who will put a book aside from loyal customers. The father is a really good man, he saw how much money I was burning one night and gave me an encouraging talk about taking a break from scratchers. (in a nonintrusive way, or condescending way...hard to explain)

United States
            Member #175371
            June 13, 2016
            246 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2016, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I think AK is the last spot with Super Millions in Gainesville with relevant rolls for the last jackpot. They have 4 rolls remaining, 3 in the 700k+, two of which are almost done.

I drove around, and played through alot of Super Millions rolls in Gainesville, Old Town, Trenton, and Chiefland FL. The highest roll I found was 735k in a Chevron in Old Town, and I played through many rolls in the 720k-730k range. My biggest win was $200. Ironically, the $200 was one of 3 tickets bought to finish off that roll so it was profitable and allowed me to keep playing. 

So basically, I think I'm going to become Jasefan Jr. I then played a bunch of $2 tickets. I won $10 many times, with several win alls. My biggest win was $40 on the $2 Double Deuces, which is a 1/1241 chance of hitting (rarer than the $100 prize, off course...)

Tickets 103, 104, and 105 were all from the same roll. That's $40, in just 3 tickets. (I bought 5 from that roll). I'm officially done playing big tickets, playing $2 tickets seems to be alot more fun and even if you don't win, you get most of your money back. The odds of hitting $400 on a $2 ticket isn't all that bad either.  The biggest issue with higher priced tickets is that they can zap your wallet fast and put you into debt, although the few who are fortunate enough to hit claims on those tickets are able to make it sustainable if they keep hitting. 

Congrats. on that $40-rarer-than-$100-win win .. not everyone can pull that off ;-)

Florida
              United States
              Member #167757
              July 29, 2015
              373 Posts
              Posted: August 21, 2016, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Actually the District Office may take the longest because they have to scan each ticket and enter the 3 digit serial number on the ticket.  Then they will issue you a check which takes even more time.  Your best bet is Publix or Winn Dixie.  Just split them up into several trips.  If you are lucky, you can make those Cash 3 and Play 4 people wait behind you in line for a while.  I always get stuck behind them when they want to purchase $50 worth of 50 cent tickets...

Ooooh, those Cash 3 people! You're standing there with two other people, the clerk and the Cash 3 customer, and none of you are doing anything. Just all staring into oblivion while the Lottery machine buzzes away at either printing off or running through (checking for winners) seven-hundred-million Cash 3 tickets. I've left so many stores because of them.

Florida
                United States
                Member #171925
                January 13, 2016
                345 Posts
                Posted: August 21, 2016, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Ooooh, those Cash 3 people! You're standing there with two other people, the clerk and the Cash 3 customer, and none of you are doing anything. Just all staring into oblivion while the Lottery machine buzzes away at either printing off or running through (checking for winners) seven-hundred-million Cash 3 tickets. I've left so many stores because of them.

I'm waiting for the day that Lotto wises up and puts a multiplier on that game. Want to play 1-9-1-1 for tonight's Play 4, 50 times? Cool. Check the "50x" box. One ticket and done.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #171925
                  January 13, 2016
                  345 Posts
                  Posted: August 21, 2016, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I used to only play $2 tickets, and am slowly getting back to it. When I played before I found the "hot roll" theory really worked on $2 tickets. If I found a larger winner, like $100 or maybe even $50, I could expect a lot of winners on the roll and (assuming it wasn't gone already) usually a second $100 winner on it. It held true enough times that I believe it as I don't remember a time I hit $100 on a $2 roll and then started getting long streaks of losers (sort of). The sort of part comes in where you suddenly do hit a streak of losers, like after playing through 30 tickets or 50 tickets and having the majority of them winners, suddenly you hit like 5 to 10 losers in a row, then the rest of the roll is usually normal.

I don't know if this holds true on any other dollar amount tickets, and I didn't find it to be true with any of the games printed by the other printing company (the games with game number 5000+), and I cannot explain why it occurs with $2 rolls, but in my experience it's held true in the instances described above.

I've been playing the old $2 Monopoly lately .. only 3 prizes left but I see few stores with it, and a place near me has it and doesn't sell many of them - exactly as I like it.

Good luck.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    764 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2016, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

I used to only play $2 tickets, and am slowly getting back to it. When I played before I found the "hot roll" theory really worked on $2 tickets. If I found a larger winner, like $100 or maybe even $50, I could expect a lot of winners on the roll and (assuming it wasn't gone already) usually a second $100 winner on it. It held true enough times that I believe it as I don't remember a time I hit $100 on a $2 roll and then started getting long streaks of losers (sort of). The sort of part comes in where you suddenly do hit a streak of losers, like after playing through 30 tickets or 50 tickets and having the majority of them winners, suddenly you hit like 5 to 10 losers in a row, then the rest of the roll is usually normal.

I don't know if this holds true on any other dollar amount tickets, and I didn't find it to be true with any of the games printed by the other printing company (the games with game number 5000+), and I cannot explain why it occurs with $2 rolls, but in my experience it's held true in the instances described above.

I've been playing the old $2 Monopoly lately .. only 3 prizes left but I see few stores with it, and a place near me has it and doesn't sell many of them - exactly as I like it.

Good luck.

That's an interesting observation, and I see the $1, $2, and I suppose $3-$5 tickets to be the best casual player scratchoffs. I'm shifting over to them, because even if I do lose 5 in a row it is only a $10 loss as opposed to losing 5 in a row on a $20 ticket and being down $100. $20 tickets can have a nice "$20" win after 10-11 losers in some cases. Even doing the match, percentage wise big tickets are supposed to pay out more. 

I've seen photos of $1k winners, $400 winners, $100 winners on $2 tickets in plenty of places. I'd rather buy 10 $2 tickets with a 1 in 9000 chance of hitting $400 than 1 $20 Flamingo with a 1 in 1923 chance at winning $400. I'm only disappointed I didn't play $2 tickets earlier and sooner. Jasefan, and you have me convinced to join the $2 scratchoff club. I think playing these will also help me control my spending, and budgeting. 

Best of luck to you as well bud! I hope you hit a $400, $1k, $2.5k, or the jackpot on one of these. :)

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #171925
                      January 13, 2016
                      345 Posts
                      Posted: August 22, 2016, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

FL Lotto got back to me on the $ sold of 50x and they said that the game is, "99.07% sold-thru."

Based on that number, it would mean there are theoretically 308,016 tickets remaining which equates to 5,133.6 books. We know they've destroyed some or some are stolen or lost .. how many, who knows. Regardless of that last number, there should not be 3 remaining grand prizes in that few books, based on the odds (though there could be).

United States
                        Member #175359
                        June 12, 2016
                        103 Posts
                        Posted: August 22, 2016, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

FL Lotto got back to me on the $ sold of 50x and they said that the game is, "99.07% sold-thru."

Based on that number, it would mean there are theoretically 308,016 tickets remaining which equates to 5,133.6 books. We know they've destroyed some or some are stolen or lost .. how many, who knows. Regardless of that last number, there should not be 3 remaining grand prizes in that few books, based on the odds (though there could be).

This is height of fraud from FL Lottery.

I received the latest list of stores that have 50x cash throughout Florida as on 08/15. It comes to only 100 books inlcluding snappy food store, vero beach and AK stores, Gainesville. If you remove 50x books of both these stores(-35) and other sold out/unavailable books, then it comes down to 36 activated/received and available books....Does it mean that remaining 5100 books have been destroyed/stolen/lost??????????WTF???

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          764 Posts
                          Posted: August 22, 2016, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

This is height of fraud from FL Lottery.

I received the latest list of stores that have 50x cash throughout Florida as on 08/15. It comes to only 100 books inlcluding snappy food store, vero beach and AK stores, Gainesville. If you remove 50x books of both these stores(-35) and other sold out/unavailable books, then it comes down to 36 activated/received and available books....Does it mean that remaining 5100 books have been destroyed/stolen/lost??????????WTF???

I agree, this is unacceptable and is a testament to a need for change within how FL lottery transfers old books. I imagine that a large number of those 5k+ books that are "missing/destroyed/stolen" were gotten rid of when new $10 tickets came out, and stores decided to send open rolls back to make space.

If the last top prize isn't hit on $2m Jackpot, or Super Millions due to these types of practices, I will be extremely vexed at the FL lottery. The technology certain exists, and many other lotteries have more transparent processes. I think the only condition for destroying a jackpot should be if they update their instant liability report to account for it.

Then again, simply destroying a jackpot greatly affects the odds negatively on a game and would affect sales. That doesn't justify the current dishonest practices, however.

florida
                            United States
                            Member #175659
                            June 28, 2016
                            149 Posts
                            Posted: August 22, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys. Sorry i havent been on. I started a new career and have been extreemely busy lol. Saying that dang im not liking my odds on a jackpot! oh well ill keep goin just incase :p..theyre all gambles to me anyways. @dracos, oldghost krissam adam jasefan etc HII LOL. ill get back on more during this week lol

Wimauma, FL
                              United States
                              Member #168858
                              September 20, 2015
                              140 Posts
                              Posted: August 22, 2016, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Umm yes and no. 100% would be better lol. Trying to hit the big one is tough. we went through probably 12 books with nothing bigger tham $100 on one ticket..youd think scratching over 700 plus tickets wed get at least one $500 : /

Are you kidding me man if I could get 90% back every session I'd be rejoicing and would be playing lIke a superdegen.  90% back is a win, plain and simple, and if you're not totally ok with it, then you've very likely previously been extremely lucky.  When you regress back to the mean you'll take 90-100% back all day every day believe me.

Not trying to be preachy here and I know you've been doing a helluva lot of scratchy scratchy, but just saying.

Page 301 of 389