Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5272 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by jasefan.

Page 302 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #172872
February 7, 2016
606 Posts
Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

@Gatorsrok, I cleared the Super Millions in the 720k range at AK. Nada. Biggest win was the $200 win I posted a page back or two. I also found a $200 win in Chiefland, first ticket. Unfortunately, this ticket kicked my ass. Probably more gentle than Flamingo.

There's a place with $10 Jackpot near me on roll 255k. Think I should play it?

Below is inspired by Jasefan Jr.

Florida
    United States
    Member #172872
    February 7, 2016
    606 Posts
    Posted: August 22, 2016, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Here is the "big win" of the day. Note, anything above $100 or $200 completely avoids me. I saw the jackpot symbol and was really hoping for a break...

Bought last three, and got $110 back. This was on roll 273k. The brand new roll this place has in stock is 255k, which is tempting. The highest I've seen $10 Jackpot go is up to 273k, and I've traveled to alot of places. Wouldn't surprise me if the last jackpot were in the 250k or 260k range. Heck, I would be stocked to hit something like $1k or 5k at this point.

Cape Coral
      United States
      Member #173988
      March 28, 2016
      216 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2016, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I took a beating today on 3 random books each from a different location...

Book 1 -  200m Jackpot - Paid back $405.  Not terrible, would have been better of stopping after this one...

Book 2 - $20, 600m Goldrush - Paid back $245.  I NEVER buy books of $20 tickets. Maybe have done it 2 other times in my life. The payback sucked, but what was worse was the highest win was $40.  That, to me, on a $20 ticket game is absurd.

Book 3 -  $10 Monopoly - Paid back $275.  This is one of the worst returns I have gotten on a book of $10 tickets. I am almost ALWAYS over 300 return.

Something else I thought I would share with you guys that I found interesting......  When I went to AK on Sat, I talked to the older man working there for a while and questioned how he gets so many books that no one else has... 

This is how he explained it to me...

He says -  When we want a game like Holiday Gifts, I tell my rep I want 20 books of it, and he is able to check every location with that ticket in the state. He can pull the books from other stores inventory and have them shipped to me. 

So, my thinking is that since he had something like 22 books of that game when I was there, that I wouldnt be surprised if the 4 books that were taken from the store that I won at, earlier in the day, ended up at his store. 

He also told me that in the last 2 weeks he has had people buy.... 30 books at one time,  20 books at one time, and 10 books at one time on "several occasions" 

That is a LOT of books and a TON of money rolling through that place. I bet when the home office see's the sales of this store, the lottery rep for that area can get what he wants, from wherever he wants, when he wants it.......

United States
        Member #167585
        July 21, 2015
        55 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2016, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Book 1 -  200m Jackpot - Paid back $405.  Not terrible, would have been better of stopping after this one...

Book 2 - $20, 600m Goldrush - Paid back $245.  I NEVER buy books of $20 tickets. Maybe have done it 2 other times in my life. The payback sucked, but what was worse was the highest win was $40.  That, to me, on a $20 ticket game is absurd.

Book 3 -  $10 Monopoly - Paid back $275.  This is one of the worst returns I have gotten on a book of $10 tickets. I am almost ALWAYS over 300 return.

Something else I thought I would share with you guys that I found interesting......  When I went to AK on Sat, I talked to the older man working there for a while and questioned how he gets so many books that no one else has... 

He says -  When we want a game like Holiday Gifts, I tell my rep I want 20 books of it, and he is able to check every location with that ticket in the state. He can pull the books from other stores inventory and have them shipped to me. 

So, my thinking is that since he had something like 22 books of that game when I was there, that I wouldnt be surprised if the 4 books that were taken from the store that I won at, earlier in the day, ended up at his store. 

He also told me that in the last 2 weeks he has had people buy.... 30 books at one time,  20 books at one time, and 10 books at one time on "several occasions" 

That is a LOT of books and a TON of money rolling through that place. I bet when the home office see's the sales of this store, the lottery rep for that area can get what he wants, from wherever he wants, when he wants it.......

LSR-Lottery Service Reps can pull tickets from any location.  LSR's are bonused off of sales, so if you have a good one they will ensure you get whatever you need.  The LSR's in our state are region based and if revenue grows in their stores they get bonuses.  If i was AK Kwik's LSR I would pull every book in the state for them and have them shipped if they want them.

For those of you that still like scratching tickets.

I was clearing off pictures from my phone and found this.  This still makes me laugh.  From a promo.  I think we bought north of 13k worth.  5 dollar tickets in our state come in stacks of 100.

http://prntscr.com/c973ge

Florida
          United States
          Member #171925
          January 13, 2016
          316 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2016, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Re: AK

Yah that's pretty much what we assumed was happening with any store that requests things like that. Though it's weird, if I remember an earlier post right, they'v never sold a big winner. I guess when the store already has sales through the roof, a grand prize winner isn't needed.

I've spoken to owners of other stores that use the same method - they talk to their rep who then goes out and gets the book the store requested

As for the money they're making ... I'm curious how much in scratch off ticket sales they do a week. According to FL Lotto website, retailer gets 5% on sales and 1% of whatever is cashed in (draw and scratch off).

United States
            Member #167585
            July 21, 2015
            55 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Re: AK

Yah that's pretty much what we assumed was happening with any store that requests things like that. Though it's weird, if I remember an earlier post right, they'v never sold a big winner. I guess when the store already has sales through the roof, a grand prize winner isn't needed.

I've spoken to owners of other stores that use the same method - they talk to their rep who then goes out and gets the book the store requested

As for the money they're making ... I'm curious how much in scratch off ticket sales they do a week. According to FL Lotto website, retailer gets 5% on sales and 1% of whatever is cashed in (draw and scratch off).

5% and 1% is the same here.

As for Adam's dilemna on cashing out you should see if you got a store owner that will cash out large sums.  I have two store owner's here that will cash as much as I want out.  I've cashed up to 9k at a single location and all i have to do is text him.  He cashes checks and will stop at the bank to ensure he has the money.  Of course you have to seriously trust the store owner and I always bring someone with me when cashing that much.  The other alternative is finding a grocery store with a Western Union that carries large sums of money as Marsh does here and going right before they drop their cash for the night.  I can usually do 2-4k at my hometown Marsh if needed.  I'm not sure what chains other than publix or winn dixie that you have, but it's another option.

I'm also betting AK Kwik will cash as much as you want if you asked them.

Cape Coral
              United States
              Member #173988
              March 28, 2016
              216 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2016, 4:08 am - IP Logged

5% and 1% is the same here.

As for Adam's dilemna on cashing out you should see if you got a store owner that will cash out large sums.  I have two store owner's here that will cash as much as I want out.  I've cashed up to 9k at a single location and all i have to do is text him.  He cashes checks and will stop at the bank to ensure he has the money.  Of course you have to seriously trust the store owner and I always bring someone with me when cashing that much.  The other alternative is finding a grocery store with a Western Union that carries large sums of money as Marsh does here and going right before they drop their cash for the night.  I can usually do 2-4k at my hometown Marsh if needed.  I'm not sure what chains other than publix or winn dixie that you have, but it's another option.

I'm also betting AK Kwik will cash as much as you want if you asked them.

I was able to cash out today by going to 3 locations.  2 Publix stores each did 1500 and a Walmart Neighborhood Market did the rest. I was a little surprised, but hey... it worked! lol

florida
                United States
                Member #175659
                June 28, 2016
                83 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2016, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I was able to cash out today by going to 3 locations.  2 Publix stores each did 1500 and a Walmart Neighborhood Market did the rest. I was a little surprised, but hey... it worked! lol

When did walmart start carrying scratchoffs or did i miss this? lol

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  606 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2016, 11:08 am - IP Logged

When did walmart start carrying scratchoffs or did i miss this? lol

My same thoughts exactly lol! Is this a South FL thing? Is it specific to only a few Walmart locations across the state?

Someone, pls confirm. =p

United States
                    Member #175371
                    June 13, 2016
                    205 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Dreaming there is something other than $1 or $2 under there ... too scared to scratch it

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      606 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Dreaming there is something other than $1 or $2 under there ... too scared to scratch it

If it isn't the one and only scratchoff ticket $1 and $2 legend playing $10 tickets.

I sure hope and pray there's a $10, or $100 under there for you Jase! Big Smile THE SUSPENSE.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #167757
                        July 29, 2015
                        359 Posts
                        Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

It's one stinkin' dollar. It's always one stinkin' dollar. Mad

Cape Coral
                          United States
                          Member #173988
                          March 28, 2016
                          216 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

It's only the walmart neighborhood markets that have lottery. The regular walmarts and super walmarts do not have them.

United States
                            Member #175371
                            June 13, 2016
                            205 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

haha .. of course it was a $1  never doubted it  .. it was the 273k so had to buy 1

and they had plenty of the $10 Holiday ones too

a store I had never been into before .. they had their tickets in 4 different places around the oddly shaped counter  ... looked like they were hiding the "good ones" ;-)

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              606 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

haha .. of course it was a $1  never doubted it  .. it was the 273k so had to buy 1

and they had plenty of the $10 Holiday ones too

a store I had never been into before .. they had their tickets in 4 different places around the oddly shaped counter  ... looked like they were hiding the "good ones" ;-)

@ MrGray - The truth! Unhappy

@ EMTAdam - That's information I didn't know. Do they have a machine + sell at the customer service counter?

@ Jasefan - I calculated there to be a total of 250k books using the numbers provided in the Emergency Game Rules, and 273k is the highest end of the range I've seen. I'm starting to think the last jackpot could be in the 250k- early 260k range. When I get off work, I'm going to try playing through a 255k book near where I live. The guy said he was going to open it today, hopefully no one has played on it. Inb4 the winning jackpot ticket gets sold 5 minutes away from where I live while I'm at work. That would suck. Sleepy

Also, am I the only one that finds it odd the $2 Double Deuces hasn't had a top prize hit yet? I know there's only 8. I've seen books in the 26k range on it so far. I see the $5 Monopoly has had 4 prizes hit so far.

Page 302 of 352