Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 3 years ago by haymaker.

Page 13 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think it is immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

It is immoral [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
It is not immoral. [ 30 ]  [78.95%]
It's moral! (Either to work or to work if you won) [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3857 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Kudos to B2B for standing up for his beliefs, even though it only led to his assasination.

(His only detriment was he just couldn't stay on topic, Thudpoor fella, he was just too high strung).Jester Laugh

Hmm...now what did his signature line say ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2013, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Nobody needs to lie...but they are...they are telling lies about the ACA everyday...Yes people lost their insurance because it did not meet the minimum standards of the new law i.e. basic coverage...So you are working by choice and you dont need to work at all, so how many jobs do your old man have to support you two?

The Welfare Queen Conservatives don't like Obamacare because they don't wnt to pay the whole bill and they want other to pay THEIR bills. Just like they live off the people who do REAL work. I can see CSPAN. I can see just how much work they do. Sleeping in the chair, or OH my God, maybe they stand up and talk. They should do REAL work for a living. They say he who would not work neither should they eat.  They deserve to STARVE. They are nothing but a bunch of leeches.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:44 am - IP Logged

The Welfare Queen Conservatives don't like Obamacare because they don't wnt to pay the whole bill and they want other to pay THEIR bills. Just like they live off the people who do REAL work. I can see CSPAN. I can see just how much work they do. Sleeping in the chair, or OH my God, maybe they stand up and talk. They should do REAL work for a living. They say he who would not work neither should they eat.  They deserve to STARVE. They are nothing but a bunch of leeches.

Man, you and Stalk47 should erect a monument to b2b, the way you idolize him and keep addressing him.

Funny how the three of you got so political and cantankerous all at the same time. What a coincidence.

How's he been lately anyway?

And then you said:

"They say he who would not work neither should they eat."

Really, marky?

Who are "They"?

And does a committed atheist commie like you really believe it or do you just like to borrow lines from the Christianity you so abhor when convenient?

And do you feel a little silly knowing that if that admonition were strictly followed by our government, that you and your side of the political divide would starve?

I mean really, who would feed you guys besides the Christians and their Churches that you hate so much?   

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1357 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2013, 5:23 am - IP Logged

Ya reckon sock puppets, Ridge?  I was wondering about that myself.

Funny how marky talks about leeches when he's on disability, probably for organic brain damage from drinking.  He does so much PWI (posting while intoxicated), I figure he's probably still on the sauce.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2013, 5:39 am - IP Logged

Ya reckon sock puppets, Ridge?  I was wondering about that myself.

Funny how marky talks about leeches when he's on disability, probably for organic brain damage from drinking.  He does so much PWI (posting while intoxicated), I figure he's probably still on the sauce.

Yeah, they're all on disability now to supplement their other handouts and free stuff.

Then, with disability, they all get handicapped parking placards so they don't have to walk so far carrying the groceries we buy 'em.

Just once, I'd like to see somebody limping when they get out of a car in a handicapped spot.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
            East of Columbus, OH
            United States
            Member #120843
            December 28, 2011
            451 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

The Welfare Queen Conservatives

Who are these people?  It's generally people associated with being Democrat that suckle off the gov't teet from generation to generation.  Most conservative type people want to work to earn their food and pay their bills. 

The welfare system was meant to be short term assistance, not a lifestyle.  I don't understand people that want to be beholden to someone else's charity for their way of life.

They should randomly drug test people on gov't assistance and they should have to remain clean to continue to receive it.  If I have to be randomly tested to pay for it, they should to receive it.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4939 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Hmm...now what did his signature line say ?

Did I miss something interesting?

J'aime La France.

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Did I miss something interesting?

Only if you don't know that B2B has been listed in the LP history book.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

@ artist.

I think the statement was rhetorical, as was my observation of his signature..

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4939 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  Christmas wishes really do come true. Wink

J'aime La France.

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4939 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

@ artist.

I think the statement was rhetorical, as was my observation of his signature..

lol

J'aime La France.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2013, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  Christmas wishes really do come true. Wink

LMAO !

Page 13 of 13