Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 3 years ago by haymaker.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think it is immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

It is immoral [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
It is not immoral. [ 30 ]  [78.95%]
It's moral! (Either to work or to work if you won) [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
East of Columbus, OH
United States
Member #120843
December 28, 2011
447 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2013, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

It is immoral because someone else says it is and wants to correct the income inequality.

I think I missed something.  Sorry if I did.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1275 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to hit the jackpot to join the top tier tax bracket. An AGI of 400k/single, 425k/married is all it takes. The additional 3.8% Investment income/Obamacare tax starts at 200k for singles and 250k for married couples...and don't forget about the 12.4% SS tax that the Democrats are trying to take away the yearly cap which is currently at 113k.

Lord love ya for tryin', Jill, but B2B is such a partisan hack he won't listen to facts.  His ignorance is so massive I'm afraid it can't be fixed; you can buy books for folks like him, but all they'll do is chew the covers off 'em.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
     - George Orwell

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

It is immoral because someone else says it is and wants to correct the income inequality.

JAP69,

Is that the way you feel or are you being an echo? These don't sound like your previous posts.

Interesting that the someone who wants to correct the income inequality is making about $70K a month in the stock market, takes $100,000,000 vacations on taxpayer money, and encourages incompetent friends of his to form companies dealing in things they know nothing about and subsidies them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Yep.  Unfortunately, its not just the ones on the left.  There are plenty on the right that lack the stones to act to impeach this lawless dictator.

Cant impeach a dictator if you never had one and America never has nor never will have a dictator

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Lord love ya for tryin', Jill, but B2B is such a partisan hack he won't listen to facts.  His ignorance is so massive I'm afraid it can't be fixed; you can buy books for folks like him, but all they'll do is chew the covers off 'em.

What facts Mook?? I just stated an opinion...you of all people know you dont have to agree with everyone's opinion...dont you? Or are you the very same dog you speak of eating covers off books??

Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1275 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Yer momma's a dog.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Yer momma's a dog.

LOL awesome comeback.... you better get off line now and go do your homework...Yo momma.... classic

Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1275 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, I thought it was awesome, too.

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, I thought it was awesome, too.

Yw let me know when you graduate middle school...I can give you a few hours at my car wash each week so maybe you can save up for your class ring or maybe a car when your old enough to drive

Texas Panhandle
                    United States
                    Member #136843
                    December 20, 2012
                    1275 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I wish I were that young again.  One thing's for sure; I was smarter at the age of 15 than you are now.  Answer this: how can someone so functionally illiterate as you own a business?

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: December 5, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I wish I were that young again.  One thing's for sure; I was smarter at the age of 15 than you are now.  Answer this: how can someone so functionally illiterate as you own a business?

Wow you think you were smart at 15? What did the doctor at the state hospital  think about you at 15? Or better still what did the other orphans think about you? 

Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1275 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, was fairly smart, got good grades, played sports, won honors in them and in academics.  I was a good kid, never got into trouble then and haven't since.  I wasn't an orphan, either;  unlike you, I was smart AND my parents were married.

My ex father-in-law was a doctor at a state school;  there was one young man there who suffered from encephalitis and I imagine you're much like him...drool on your chin, vapid expression on your face, using grunts to communicate.  Just because your head - like his-  is the size of a #2 washtub, you think it means you have a lot of brains.

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, was fairly smart, got good grades, played sports, won honors in them and in academics.  I was a good kid, never got into trouble then and haven't since.  I wasn't an orphan, either;  unlike you, I was smart AND my parents were married.

My ex father-in-law was a doctor at a state school;  there was one young man there who suffered from encephalitis and I imagine you're much like him...drool on your chin, vapid expression on your face, using grunts to communicate.  Just because your head - like his-  is the size of a #2 washtub, you think it means you have a lot of brains.

Ive heard you orphaned kids have vivid imaginations, which school chum's life are you trying to immulate? You ex father-in-law...didnt know you were married...when did you and your husband split up?? Im sure it is his loss

Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1275 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Playing Dueling Insults w/ you is cruel...to you.  It's akin to pulling wings off of flies.   I've got some things to do, so I'll let you spew your vomit-like wit for now.

I didn't know you were a homophobe, but it doesn't surprise me.   I've roughnecked (worked on drilling rigs) with gay guys who were more of a man than you.

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: December 5, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Playing Dueling Insults w/ you is cruel...to you.  It's akin to pulling wings off of flies.   I've got some things to do, so I'll let you spew your vomit-like wit for now.

I didn't know you were a homophobe, but it doesn't surprise me.   I've roughnecked (worked on drilling rigs) with gay guys who were more of a man than you.

dueling insults LOL hey when you're outta material you gotta pull out...as for you roughneckin with the gays...is that how you met your husband?? Well good night hope to hear from you never

Page 4 of 13