Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 3 years ago by haymaker.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think it is immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

It is immoral [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
It is not immoral. [ 30 ]  [78.95%]
It's moral! (Either to work or to work if you won) [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I'm not afraid of the risks. 

As for the spill, when was the last one that occurred in Europe?

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

That plan works great for a small amount of people, but what about the masses? 

I'm glad you choose to live the way you do.  I have no issue with it, but I like my gas powered car, lawn mower, motorcycle. 

Thanks for your response.  We will just disagree on this.

One car/ one person at the time.   

I have to warn you. Never drive a Tesla model S. Your mind will be changed forever.

It will be good for EVERYBODY..... Yes the masses. 

It seemed that I walked into the store one day, and there were LPs, then suddenly they were CDs....

Just observe the change. Sometimes I was the last one to change too.  I was one of the last ones to get a cell phone, one of the last ones to get on facebook.

Change happens. Where are all those film cameras?

There are ways to 2x the output of solar. The price will be lower, you will be getting solar also. eventually.

It will also be nice to leave the garage in the morning with a full tank. No fumes.... etc etc...

All of the pains of an electric car will be erased, and you will change too.

But I have to win, first!  :-)

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2013, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I'm not afraid of the risks. 

As for the spill, when was the last one that occurred in Europe?

The most recent leak I'm aware of was last April. Maybe you'd be afraid of the risks if your ignorance of them wasn't interfering. Maybe you'd be afraid if you realized that the safety of reactors in Europe doesn't  affect the safety of the reactors on our side of the pond.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

The most recent leak I'm aware of was last April. Maybe you'd be afraid of the risks if your ignorance of them wasn't interfering. Maybe you'd be afraid if you realized that the safety of reactors in Europe doesn't  affect the safety of the reactors on our side of the pond.

What about three mile island?? I mean it was a long time ago, but are there any long term affects from that? The love canal? I mean it was a toxic waste dump not nuclear reactor accident but still is there anyone living around that area? Say what you want radiation is radiation especially when your talking about nuclear reactor accidents

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

One car/ one person at the time.   

I have to warn you. Never drive a Tesla model S. Your mind will be changed forever.

It will be good for EVERYBODY..... Yes the masses. 

It seemed that I walked into the store one day, and there were LPs, then suddenly they were CDs....

Just observe the change. Sometimes I was the last one to change too.  I was one of the last ones to get a cell phone, one of the last ones to get on facebook.

Change happens. Where are all those film cameras?

There are ways to 2x the output of solar. The price will be lower, you will be getting solar also. eventually.

It will also be nice to leave the garage in the morning with a full tank. No fumes.... etc etc...

All of the pains of an electric car will be erased, and you will change too.

But I have to win, first!  :-)

"It will be good for EVERYBODY"

See mark, now that's the part that I don't like about you guys.

You ALWAYS want to include EVERYBODY in whatever you happen to think is a good idea.

And then your desires always seem to evolve into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by everybody  under penalty of fine and imprisonment.

Do you see my point?

A lot of us just want to be left alone and not have to conform to other people's wishes or be controlled by other people, no matter how good they think their ideas are.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

You ALWAYS want to include EVERYBODY in whatever you happen to think is a good idea.

And then your desires always seem to evolve into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by everybody  under penalty of fine and imprisonment.

Do you see my point?

A lot of us just want to be left alone and not have to conform to other people's wishes or be controlled by other people, no matter how good they think their ideas are.

Evlove into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by everybody under penalty of fine or imprisonment....

Like what? Wearing seatbelts, air bags, speed limits, dumping of garbage and or littering....paying taxes??

We elect people to go to Washington and this is what they end up doing, they make laws...Now everybody may not like this law or that but we're in a democracy and majority rules...that's just America

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Evlove into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by everybody under penalty of fine or imprisonment....

Like what? Wearing seatbelts, air bags, speed limits, dumping of garbage and or littering....paying taxes??

We elect people to go to Washington and this is what they end up doing, they make laws...Now everybody may not like this law or that but we're in a democracy and majority rules...that's just America

I read your comments.   LOL

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I read your comments.   LOL

No LOL...Do you know what you were talking about either?

Irvington, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #146984
                  September 18, 2013
                  11 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2013, 10:28 am - IP Logged

YES. It is immoral, because it's like you are mocking your co-workers. Remember the story of the dude that turned down million dollars contract from NFL because he wanted to go and join the army and go to iraq. The dude died from friendly fire. What do you people really think happened there. Just saying.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40339 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2013, 11:03 am - IP Logged

So your solution is to sit back and take it, even if it's wrong.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3157 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

No LOL...Do you know what you were talking about either?

Your funny milk carton kid. Now we know why they stopped looking for ya.

Milwaukee, WI
                        United States
                        Member #3131
                        December 27, 2003
                        665 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2013, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Do you see my point?

I want to drive through downtown at 90 mph. I want to go through a residental neighborhood blasting a stereo at 120 DB. 

You STILL don't have the courage, or don't you care when other peoples "rights" are violated. It's only about YOU.

"And then  your desires always seem to evolve into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by  everybody  under penalty of fine and imprisonment."

YOU CONSERVATIVES ARE THE BIGGEST DEPRIVERS OF LIBERTY. 

Yep, Telsa Motors, can not offer test rides, they can not mention the features, they can not metion prices, they can NOT display a sign.  under penalty of fine and imprisonment.

Do you see my point?

That is what YOU CONSERVATIVES are all about. Taking RIGHTS  from people.

Two faced, piggish, selfish.

I was told all my life that in this great country. Except for yelling fire in a theatre, wou have the right to say whatever you want. Thanks to the COMMUNIST REPUBLICAN PARTY that right is GONE!!!!!!!

JUST ONE EXAMPLE!

I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you.  But that also includes personal responsibilty.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10345 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

markp1950,

"That is what YOU CONSERVATIVES are all about. Taking RIGHTS  from people.

Two faced, piggish, selfish.

I was told all my life that in this great country. Except for yelling fire in a theatre, wou have the right to say whatever you want. Thanks to the COMMUNIST REPUBLICAN PARTY that right is GONE!!!!!!!

JUST ONE EXAMPLE!

I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you.  But that also includes personal responsibilty."

________________________________________________________________________

You have all this so incredibly backwards it's unbelieveable. Sounds like you're from the liberal school of making believe you preach tolernace and free speech until someone says something you don't agree with. Then if you can't really counter it you try and reverse it or call it a lie.

Communist Republican Party? Oh there's commies in US politics but they're not the Republicans.

Let's see, who are the gun grabbers?

That's just one example of many, but as the sage said don't evern discuss things with anyone who voted for obama twice because they are too stupid to argue with.

Since you're such a great fighter for personal liberty what was your military service, if any? I'm guessing your username reflects your birth year. Did you get called up or suddenyl become Amish, or perhaps go to Canada for a little while?

Communist Republican Party?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Your funny milk carton kid. Now we know why they stopped looking for ya.

LOL did they even know you were missing?

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

So your solution is to sit back and take it, even if it's wrong.

No but are your saying that you only want to follow the laws that you want to?? I said there are going to be laws that you like and dont like but we live in a democracy, majority rules so you're not gonna get your way all the time that's all I was trying to say

Page 6 of 13