Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 3 years ago by haymaker.

Page 7 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think it is immoral to work if you've won enough to not work?

It is immoral [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
It is not immoral. [ 30 ]  [78.95%]
It's moral! (Either to work or to work if you won) [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
Milwaukee, WI
United States
Member #3131
December 27, 2003
665 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

markp1950,

"That is what YOU CONSERVATIVES are all about. Taking RIGHTS  from people.

Two faced, piggish, selfish.

I was told all my life that in this great country. Except for yelling fire in a theatre, wou have the right to say whatever you want. Thanks to the COMMUNIST REPUBLICAN PARTY that right is GONE!!!!!!!

JUST ONE EXAMPLE!

I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you.  But that also includes personal responsibilty."

You have all this so incredibly backwards it's unbelieveable. Sounds like you're from the liberal school of making believe you preach tolernace and free speech until someone says something you don't agree with. Then if you can't really counter it you try and reverse it or call it a lie.

Communist Republican Party? Oh there's commies in US politics but they're not the Republicans.

Let's see, who are the gun grabbers?

That's just one example of many, but as the sage said don't evern discuss things with anyone who voted for obama twice because they are too stupid to argue with.

Since you're such a great fighter for personal liberty what was your military service, if any? I'm guessing your username reflects your birth year. Did you get called up or suddenyl become Amish, or perhaps go to Canada for a little while?

Communist Republican Party?

> Let's see, who are the gun grabbers?

Who's guns have been grabbed? Unlees you are a criminal, or a complete nut case, you STILL have your gun.  DO NOT LIE!

> I didn't volunteer for Military service BUT

I'm NOT your 2012 hero Mitt Romoney.  Supported the war. YET he is the 4 time draft dodger. 4 draft defferments while partying.

I didn't push the war, push for the war in Iraq YET get  5 defferments Like Dickey Cheaney the 5 time draft dodger....

I had a school draft defferment, thought about it and canceled it....  I did not support, or run from the war

The charge STILL stands, it is STILL the communist Republican Party.

Evidence is still there and the cowards are still to chicken to respond.   

I see that you edited out my Tesla example.  Not cool.

The Tesla example is PURE voilation of the 1st amendment. And it is going on day by day. Scary. WHERE is it backwards?

I respond with facts. 

The charge still stands.

You could be next!

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

No but are your saying that you only want to follow the laws that you want to?? I said there are going to be laws that you like and dont like but we live in a democracy, majority rules so you're not gonna get your way all the time that's all I was trying to say

I wonder where this wonderfull place is that you can do whatever you want, at any time.  And why would I want to live there.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2013, 12:58 am - IP Logged

markp1950,

What a typical liberal response.

We're not talking what anyone else did, we're talking about what you, the 'bigger fighter for personal liberty' did........ obviously nothing.

You've told us all we need to know:

"I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you"

"I didn't volunteer for Military service..."

Translation, you're a sniveling draft dodging brainwashed liberal puke that doesn't givre a rats arse about anyone's freedom than your own.

You're not even worth discussing anything with.

Alpha Mike Foxtrot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2013, 1:38 am - IP Logged

You STILL didn't answer the Tesla question. 

You're not even worth discussing anything with.

Matthew 20:16 King James Bible
        So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

>you're a sniveling draft dodging brainwashed liberal puke that doesn't givre a rats arse about anyone's freedom than your own

Matthew 7:1

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2013, 2:05 am - IP Logged
            Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2013, 2:17 am - IP Logged

A liberal quoting scripture. This is good, try these,

John 8:44

Daniel 12:10

PS,

You assume much. I'm no fan of Limbaugh......I have no use for flag ewaving dradt dodgers. Anyone can get behind a mike at a radio station once the bullets have stopped flying. He got drafted and appealed for a waiver to stay out of the Army for the exact condition his father got a waiver for to get in the Army.

But he's probably right about the Pope.

GOD GUNS AND GUTS BUILT AMERICA

LET'S KEEP ALL THREE

BYE

See Ya!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2013, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Again 

Matthew 7:1

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

>GOD GUNS AND GUTS BUILT AMERICA

Guns built America?

Let me, guns built bridges? Guns built roads? Guns built Guns plowed fields

>But he's probably right about the Pope.

Ah that explains it. 

I pledge alegence to the Flag

Of the Republican National Comittee

And to the Party for which it stands

One party above God 

With liberty and justice for $ale!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2013, 6:14 am - IP Logged

I want to drive through downtown at 90 mph. I want to go through a residental neighborhood blasting a stereo at 120 DB. 

You STILL don't have the courage, or don't you care when other peoples "rights" are violated. It's only about YOU.

"And then  your desires always seem to evolve into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by  everybody  under penalty of fine and imprisonment."

YOU CONSERVATIVES ARE THE BIGGEST DEPRIVERS OF LIBERTY. 

Yep, Telsa Motors, can not offer test rides, they can not mention the features, they can not metion prices, they can NOT display a sign.  under penalty of fine and imprisonment.

Do you see my point?

That is what YOU CONSERVATIVES are all about. Taking RIGHTS  from people.

Two faced, piggish, selfish.

I was told all my life that in this great country. Except for yelling fire in a theatre, wou have the right to say whatever you want. Thanks to the COMMUNIST REPUBLICAN PARTY that right is GONE!!!!!!!

JUST ONE EXAMPLE!

I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you.  But that also includes personal responsibilty.

Calm down marky, let me assuage your fears.

Come, let us reason together.

You said:

"You STILL don't have the courage, or don't you care when other peoples "rights" are violated. It's only about YOU."

No marky, actually, it's you who doesn't care when other people's rights are violated.

Because if you did, marky, you wouldn't be whining about your favorite rich guy's stupid car idea and how Texas isn't kissing his @ss properly. You'd  be screaming from the rooftops about the outrageous illegality and travesty of justice being perpetrated by a corrupt President and Senate and a blackmailed Chief Justice to force Americans to buy a product they neither want nor need -- namely Obamacare. If you truly cared about people's rights, that would be your bone of contention, not some dumb car.

But there's a reason you're not lashing out against Obamacare, marky. And that reason is because you, marky, not having a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out, are one of those who will get it for FREE. Now that's what most of us would call hypocritical, marky. You're all worried about your dream car going into production, in Texas of all places, but no concern whatsoever about the Constitution being trampled underfoot by Barry's UnConstitutional Obamacare.

Do you know what that does, marky?   

That removes any credibility you ever had.

That means you'll sell out your principles for free stuff from the government.

Get the beam out of thine own eye first, marky.

Now looking over the rest of your post, I see it's just more of the same hysterical hyperbole, isn't it?

But I spied something interesting way down at the bottom that caught my ofttimes annoyingly accurate eye of discernment.

It was this:

"I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you."

Now I'll grant you that one, marky. You libs certainly are fighters of personal liberty at every turn.

But thank God there are still a few good Americans around who fight for personal liberty.

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Calm down marky, let me assuage your fears.

Come, let us reason together.

You said:

"You STILL don't have the courage, or don't you care when other peoples "rights" are violated. It's only about YOU."

No marky, actually, it's you who doesn't care when other people's rights are violated.

Because if you did, marky, you wouldn't be whining about your favorite rich guy's stupid car idea and how Texas isn't kissing his @ss properly. You'd  be screaming from the rooftops about the outrageous illegality and travesty of justice being perpetrated by a corrupt President and Senate and a blackmailed Chief Justice to force Americans to buy a product they neither want nor need -- namely Obamacare. If you truly cared about people's rights, that would be your bone of contention, not some dumb car.

But there's a reason you're not lashing out against Obamacare, marky. And that reason is because you, marky, not having a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out, are one of those who will get it for FREE. Now that's what most of us would call hypocritical, marky. You're all worried about your dream car going into production, in Texas of all places, but no concern whatsoever about the Constitution being trampled underfoot by Barry's UnConstitutional Obamacare.

Do you know what that does, marky?   

That removes any credibility you ever had.

That means you'll sell out your principles for free stuff from the government.

Get the beam out of thine own eye first, marky.

Now looking over the rest of your post, I see it's just more of the same hysterical hyperbole, isn't it?

But I spied something interesting way down at the bottom that caught my ofttimes annoyingly accurate eye of discernment.

It was this:

"I am a bigger fighter of personal liberty than you."

Now I'll grant you that one, marky. You libs certainly are fighters of personal liberty at every turn.

But thank God there are still a few good Americans around who fight for personal liberty.

Actually the ACA  is totally constitutional AND no one is getting it for free...you have to pay an affordable amout...like the poor working class on minimum wage who only make $290.00 a week BEFORE taxes..its just another one of those laws some like and some dont like...look at it like this there will never and I do mean never ever be a gun reform bill passed again in this country so that's a win for some who dont want it, now there is a healthcare reform law that some like and some dont...its give and take...that's America

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

No but are your saying that you only want to follow the laws that you want to?? I said there are going to be laws that you like and dont like but we live in a democracy, majority rules so you're not gonna get your way all the time that's all I was trying to say

"majority rules so you're not gonna get your way all the time.."

what majority????..you can't be speaking about the people.We are far past the point of 'people' deciding anything as a nation

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Actually the ACA  is totally constitutional AND no one is getting it for free...you have to pay an affordable amout...like the poor working class on minimum wage who only make $290.00 a week BEFORE taxes..its just another one of those laws some like and some dont like...look at it like this there will never and I do mean never ever be a gun reform bill passed again in this country so that's a win for some who dont want it, now there is a healthcare reform law that some like and some dont...its give and take...that's America

"...its just another one of those laws some like and some dont like..."

Wrong.

All polls show that the overwhelming majority of Americans were and still are opposed to and don't want Obamacare.

It was passed only by Democrats going against the will of the people without a single Republican vote.

The good news is that it will probably crash and burn like Detroit after the Democrats took over.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:25 am - IP Logged

"majority rules so you're not gonna get your way all the time.."

what majority????..you can't be speaking about the people.We are far past the point of 'people' deciding anything as a nation

Actually yes...we the majority picks the politicians we have bones to pick with...all our elections are majority rule based...we may not agree on everything but that is how majority rules works you're not gonna get your way all the time

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Evlove into government enforced mandates that have to be obeyed by everybody under penalty of fine or imprisonment....

Like what? Wearing seatbelts, air bags, speed limits, dumping of garbage and or littering....paying taxes??

We elect people to go to Washington and this is what they end up doing, they make laws...Now everybody may not like this law or that but we're in a democracy and majority rules...that's just America

"...we're in a democracy and majority rules...that's just America"

Wrong.

We don't live in a democracy under majority rule.

We live in a Representative Republic.

Big difference.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:30 am - IP Logged

"...its just another one of those laws some like and some dont like..."

Wrong.

All polls show that the overwhelming majority of Americans were and still are opposed to and don't want Obamacare.

It was passed only by Democrats going against the will of the people without a single Republican vote.

The good news is that it will probably crash and burn like Detroit after the Democrats took over.

Wrong all polls DO NOT show that an overwhelming majority of Americans are and were opposed to the ACA....it was passed because the majorty of the people put in office the people that were going to do what they said they were going to do when they ran on it and that is why they won...Crash and burn we will see, cause if it does work and thousands are signing up everyday still cause the site is up and working, if it does work somebody will be eating crow...I think it is to early to tell right now though, I know every republican is hating that people are signing up and they cant stop them

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:31 am - IP Logged

"...we're in a democracy and majority rules...that's just America"

Wrong.

We don't live in a democracy under majority rule.

We live in a Representative Republic.

Big difference.

Wrong we DO live in a democracy and majority DOES rule

Page 7 of 13