Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash 4Life

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 10 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2014, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Can you take the C4L jackpot as a lump sum of 7 million?

Interesting option!  I always feel I can do better with the money than the state can do with as far as a return on the money.  So if that is an option that is the one I would take. 

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11978 Posts
    Posted: July 27, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

That jackpot winner was from a store about a 10 minute walk from me. Earlier this year a worker at The Pathmark I go to every Sunday won the $10,000 a week for life and about a year and a half earlier a lady own Win for Life Spectacular at a store I passed by every weekend one my way to buy produce. I never brought lotto scratch offs or tickets from any of these three places. Makes me think that if I continue to play NY Lottery games I shouldn't stick with one location...

It does not matter where you play. You will win, if it is meant to be.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: July 27, 2014, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes.

I would take the lump sum, if ever hit the jackpot.LOL

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2014, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Interesting option!  I always feel I can do better with the money than the state can do with as far as a return on the money.  So if that is an option that is the one I would take. 

I already bought some Cash4Life for tomorrow drawing. I am aiming for the small prizes though.

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11978 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2014, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

yea but you will still see patterns and there will be one or two numbers that take a LONG time to hit. While a couple other numbers will hit a TON.

Since I hit yesterday on numbers I get to play C4L on Monday.... Thumbs Up

http://www.newsday.com/news/lottery/elizabeth-polcari-wins-3m-through-lottery-scratch-off-ticket-1.8882377

Play some of those numbers with a quick pick. You might hit a second prize or the jackpot. The girl in the cash4life winners story hit a second prize with a self pick, although she bought a $10 partial quick pick ticket.

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2014, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Ok correct me if I am wrong on these--- 

Here is a list of numbers that have NOT hit yet

2,3,7,14,17,18,26,27,29,30,32,38,40,41,42,45,46,49, 50 , 57

here is the multi hit list

3 hits - 8,9,11

2 hits - 4,5,10, 13, 22, 28, 31, 43, 51, 59

Ok, so we have seen  12 games

3 have had a repeat from the PRIOR game

we have seen one time with 3 numbers from the same set - 6/26 51,52,58 showed.

Oh and bonus number -1 has only hit 1 time.... does it make up for being behind or cont. to be slow?????

New York
              United States
              Member #157288
              July 14, 2014
              170 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2014, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

There is a new promotion buy 2 get 1 free. Starts today, before I read about it I decided to play $4 because I had 4 singles that I didn't want to use on junk food and got no free qp. Either that retailer is shady or there is something wrong with the promo.

United States
                Member #94616
                July 24, 2010
                4735 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2014, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

There is a new promotion buy 2 get 1 free. Starts today, before I read about it I decided to play $4 because I had 4 singles that I didn't want to use on junk food and got no free qp. Either that retailer is shady or there is something wrong with the promo.

That's funny as I also played $4 on one card and got a FP with it! I didn't know about the promo until I got the FP.  So I played 2 more lines and got another FP. 

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                  Watervliet, New York
                  United States
                  Member #1100
                  February 2, 2003
                  3186 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

NY Cash 4 Life results for 7/28/14

06-15-31-51-53  Cash Ball   2

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2014, 4:48 am - IP Logged

NY Cash 4 Life results for 7/28/14

06-15-31-51-53  Cash Ball   2

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

7/29 UPDATE--

Ok correct me if I am wrong on these--- 

Here is a list of numbers that have NOT hit yet

2,3,7,14,17,18,26,27,29,30,32,38,40,41,42,45,46,49, 50 , 57 (WOW! none hit!)

here is the multi hit list

3 hits - 8,9,11 (add the 31 & 51 to this list) 

2 hits - 4,5,10, 13, 22, 28, 31, 43, 51, 59 (add 6, 15, 53 to this list) 

New York
                      United States
                      Member #157288
                      July 14, 2014
                      170 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2014, 5:50 am - IP Logged

That's funny as I also played $4 on one card and got a FP with it! I didn't know about the promo until I got the FP.  So I played 2 more lines and got another FP. 

Okay I guess I went to a shady retailer. I know he wasn't using the coupons from the previous promotion and probably saving them for family. I'm going to question him today about it, then report him if I don't like the answer.

United States
                        Member #94616
                        July 24, 2010
                        4735 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2014, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Okay I guess I went to a shady retailer. I know he wasn't using the coupons from the previous promotion and probably saving them for family. I'm going to question him today about it, then report him if I don't like the answer.

The ticket should SAY on the bottom 'This ticket has qualified for a FREE PLAY' or something like that.

New York
                          United States
                          Member #157288
                          July 14, 2014
                          170 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2014, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

The ticket should SAY on the bottom 'This ticket has qualified for a FREE PLAY' or something like that.

Yup that a what the ticket from yesterday said. Here's the update: I went to the same store and today decided to play $4 of my own numbers just in case there was an issue with getting a free game with the quick picks. I got my $4 play and no free qp. I asked the clerk what happened to the free qp, he said "it only comes out with qp numbers". I pointed to the bottom of the ticket and told him that's not what it says and yesterday I played qps and got no free ticket. As I started to leave he says "wait I have a ticket" then proceeded to hand me a coupon. Because of the good folks here I know that was for lasts months promo. I tell him to just use it now. He goes behind the machine then hands me a qp ticket.

United States
                            Member #140884
                            March 29, 2013
                            45 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2014, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

I purchased two C4L lines tonight and did not receive an free ticket. I looked at the NYLottery website and it's a little ambiguous. Do you have to buy the tickets on Mondays and Thursdays to get the free play?

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                              NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3693 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2014, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

I purchased two C4L lines tonight and did not receive an free ticket. I looked at the NYLottery website and it's a little ambiguous. Do you have to buy the tickets on Mondays and Thursdays to get the free play?

I **think** that's what the deal is.   I have a vague recollection of a Sweet Million promo where in order for you to get the FP, you had to buy the ticket on the day of the drawing.

I went into a store and bought some Sweet Milly tix and was expecting to get some FP's but I didn't get any. So I asked the clerk why I didn't receive one.  She very politely told me that the offer for FP's was only good on the day of the drawing.

Given that info, I went home and checked the NYS Lottery website and the wording there about the promo was vague at best.  The wording on their website did NOT make it clear that the promo was only available on Monday's and Thursday's.  So my guess is that's exactly what's going on here with the new C4L promo.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Page 10 of 18