Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash 4Life

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 11 of 18
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2014, 6:03 am - IP Logged

I **think** that's what the deal is.   I have a vague recollection of a Sweet Million promo where in order for you to get the FP, you had to buy the ticket on the day of the drawing.

I went into a store and bought some Sweet Milly tix and was expecting to get some FP's but I didn't get any. So I asked the clerk why I didn't receive one.  She very politely told me that the offer for FP's was only good on the day of the drawing.

Given that info, I went home and checked the NYS Lottery website and the wording there about the promo was vague at best.  The wording on their website did NOT make it clear that the promo was only available on Monday's and Thursday's.  So my guess is that's exactly what's going on here with the new C4L promo.

Good point, the site says Monday and Thursday...***BUT* if the ticket says it on the bottom, that it qualifies for the extra ticket, I would email NY Lottery and tell them what happened.  I would NEVER go to that store again.

New York
    United States
    Member #157288
    July 14, 2014
    170 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2014, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I went into the store again today and the clerk said that he called The NY Lottery and they told him it was only on Mondays and Thursdays. That explains why I didn't get it yesterday but still doesn't answer why I didn't get the free pick that Monday.

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2014, 6:28 am - IP Logged

I went into the store again today and the clerk said that he called The NY Lottery and they told him it was only on Mondays and Thursdays. That explains why I didn't get it yesterday but still doesn't answer why I didn't get the free pick that Monday.

Yup- maximize your play--- play 2 lines at a time on a card, as EACH one should get a FP.  So if you play 10 lines you should have 5 FP's Thumbs Up

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

They must be selling a lot of tics to produce this many winners. They seem to be winning everything down in the Boroughs.

United States
          Member #140884
          March 29, 2013
          45 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2014, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

They must be selling a lot of tics to produce this many winners. They seem to be winning everything down in the Boroughs.

I was thinking the same thing.  I am down in the boroughs and every agent I ask says they are selling wild. I don't think that a winning ticket has been sold in Manhattan yet so I think I'll hit an agent in the City when I'm there.  I think it will die down though.  Anyone recall if Sweet Mill started out strong and fizzled?

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2014, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

WOW another jackpot winner! Thrifty might be right - there seems to be ALOT more winners of this game ! 

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
              Watervliet, New York
              United States
              Member #1100
              February 2, 2003
              3186 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2014, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Cash4Life results for 8/4/14

17-21-36-48-60  CB  3

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3692 Posts
                Posted: August 4, 2014, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Cash4Life results for 8/4/14

17-21-36-48-60  CB  3

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

On the way home from The Dr's office today, I made my brother stop in a Stewart's Shop so I could get in on the C4L promo. 

As I'm getting out of his pickup truck, with a big smile on his face, he says to me "Your luck has been so good lately, I mean you're on such a roll, you might hit it big, but you're not holding your breath, are ya?"  He was talking about all the excellent luck I've had with my surgery etc. 

I told him I won 10 bucks before the surgery.  So he says "How much did it cost you to win that 10 bucks?" So I said "8".  He says "Then you didn't win 10 bucks, you won 2".

Now, I've known this man for 64 years. I'm his kid brother.  I know better than to argue with HIM.  He was very successful in life.  And he does have his opinions on anything and everything.  So I say nothing and go in the store to get my tix.  When I get back in the truck, I told him I probably wont win big, because I definitely have had so much good luck in the last two weeks, that I've probably used it all up.  BUT! If I had a choice between winning a huge pile of money and surviving cancer, I'll take beating cancer over the money every time.

Tonite, I won four bucks on my two free lines, and two bucks on my other four lines.  I hope I do "hit it big".  Cuz when I do, I'm goin' over to his place and show him a wad of cash bigger than he ever carried in his pocket.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3157 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2014, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

This game is tough. I got advanced draws and played the #3 as the cash ball. It hit a bunch of times but i can't match the white balls. Cussing Face

NNJ
                    United States
                    Member #31229
                    January 26, 2006
                    12 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2014, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Another NY player won $1,000 a week for life. Congratulations!

I won 4 dollars.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3692 Posts
                      Posted: August 11, 2014, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Well, I made some changes.....

Since I'm stuck in the house, I moved my laptop over to the couch in front of the TV in the family room.  One good thing about being stuck in the house is I must have lost some weight. I keep tightening my belt but my pants keep fallin' down anyway.

This morning I made it to the Mobil Station near me and got me the C4L promo. 

Here's the FP's I got...

11 19 32 35 37  CB 3

16 21 32 45 53  CB 4

Good thing I didnt pay for those numbers......

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3692 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2014, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Gotta wonder a little bit about C4L....

There have been five 1st place winners and two second place winners since June when the game began.

None of the winners have been sold in New Jersey.  That surprises me a little as I would think that with the number of people living in NJ, so close to The NY City Metro area, one of the winners would have been sold in New Jersey. So are those 1st place wins just because the game is new and people are playing it?  Will we see a game evolve that is like Sweet Million that players walk away from because so few jackpots are won?

I dunno...

C4L is 5 times harder to win than Sweet Million was, has a one time per year payout of $365,000 (before taxes) and players like C4L more than they liked Sweet Milly??

NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3157 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2014, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

C4L is 5 times harder to win than Sweet Million

That's what i thought at first but apparently it's not. It's producing some good wins and that's all players need to hear to make this successful.

NNJ
                            United States
                            Member #31229
                            January 26, 2006
                            12 Posts
                            Posted: August 14, 2014, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Gotta wonder a little bit about C4L....

There have been five 1st place winners and two second place winners since June when the game began.

None of the winners have been sold in New Jersey.  That surprises me a little as I would think that with the number of people living in NJ, so close to The NY City Metro area, one of the winners would have been sold in New Jersey. So are those 1st place wins just because the game is new and people are playing it?  Will we see a game evolve that is like Sweet Million that players walk away from because so few jackpots are won?

I dunno...

C4L is 5 times harder to win than Sweet Million was, has a one time per year payout of $365,000 (before taxes) and players like C4L more than they liked Sweet Milly??

There was one 2nd place winning ticket sold in Somerville, NJ the end of June.

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3692 Posts
                              Posted: August 14, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

C4L is 5 times harder to win than Sweet Million

That's what i thought at first but apparently it's not. It's producing some good wins and that's all players need to hear to make this successful.

I think what might be driving the number of wins is "coverage" of all the possible 21 million combinations.

If one half of all the possible 21 million combo's is sold, (10.5 million different combo's) then the odds are 50/50 that a JP winning ticket will be sold. 

Poor coverage was Sweet Millions problem.  Typically, only 10 percent of the possible 3.8 million different combinations were sold, leaving 90 percent of the possible combo's unsold.  That's why there were so few Sweet Million JP winners.  They just didn't sell enough tickets to produce a JP winner very often.

So if C4L is selling well, then coverage is good (greater than 50 percent), and we'll see a fair number of JP's being won.  But if the coverage falls to less than 50 percent, we wont see as many JP's being won as we're seeing now.  Time will tell.

Page 11 of 18