Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash 4Life

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 12 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
upstate NY
United States
Member #108791
March 31, 2011
549 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2014, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Gotta wonder a little bit about C4L....

There have been five 1st place winners and two second place winners since June when the game began.

None of the winners have been sold in New Jersey.  That surprises me a little as I would think that with the number of people living in NJ, so close to The NY City Metro area, one of the winners would have been sold in New Jersey. So are those 1st place wins just because the game is new and people are playing it?  Will we see a game evolve that is like Sweet Million that players walk away from because so few jackpots are won?

I dunno...

C4L is 5 times harder to win than Sweet Million was, has a one time per year payout of $365,000 (before taxes) and players like C4L more than they liked Sweet Milly??

Has it actually been stated somewhere how the payout is structured?  I'm not saying I don't believe you that they pay it out once a year (because that sounds completely plausible), I just want to see it with my own eyes.  I thought it might have been quarterly instead.

IMO, the "for life" provision is the carrot.  You get less money up front, but it's the gift that keeps on giving.  And it only takes three years to build up that million (pre-tax).

I wonder how heavily the game is promoted in New Jersey.  I see commercials all the time in New York.  Consider, also, that NJ gets their TV stations from NY and Philly; if NJ players are seeing the NY C4L ads but none from the New Jersey Lottery, perhaps they're thinking they can only play in New York.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3690 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2014, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Has it actually been stated somewhere how the payout is structured?  I'm not saying I don't believe you that they pay it out once a year (because that sounds completely plausible), I just want to see it with my own eyes.  I thought it might have been quarterly instead.

IMO, the "for life" provision is the carrot.  You get less money up front, but it's the gift that keeps on giving.  And it only takes three years to build up that million (pre-tax).

I wonder how heavily the game is promoted in New Jersey.  I see commercials all the time in New York.  Consider, also, that NJ gets their TV stations from NY and Philly; if NJ players are seeing the NY C4L ads but none from the New Jersey Lottery, perhaps they're thinking they can only play in New York.

I knew somebody was going to ask me where I read/saw that the payout was a once per year thing!

I knew someone would ask me because I cant recall where I saw it, but I do remember being surprised by it when I read it.  I too had been thinking that it would be quarterly, similar to how Set 4 Life and Win 4 Life scratch-off's are paid, so when I read it I found it surprising.

I'm going to guess and say I think I read it in the "Winners Stories" section of The NYL website.

Someone replied to an earlier post of mine that said there was a second place winner in Somerville NJ in late June, but when I checked The NYL website, it did not show anything for Jersey.  So there may have been some winners in Jersey.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3690 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2014, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I knew somebody was going to ask me where I read/saw that the payout was a once per year thing!

I knew someone would ask me because I cant recall where I saw it, but I do remember being surprised by it when I read it.  I too had been thinking that it would be quarterly, similar to how Set 4 Life and Win 4 Life scratch-off's are paid, so when I read it I found it surprising.

I'm going to guess and say I think I read it in the "Winners Stories" section of The NYL website.

Someone replied to an earlier post of mine that said there was a second place winner in Somerville NJ in late June, but when I checked The NYL website, it did not show anything for Jersey.  So there may have been some winners in Jersey.

Update to my post above....

I did in fact see it in Winners Stories.   Here's a cut 'n paste from it;

"Aguayo will receive her CASH4LIFE prize in annual payments of $365,000 per year. After required withholding she will receive a net check totaling $227,410 every year for the rest of her life."

I suppose that statement can be interpreted different ways... Maybe they'll pay it 4 times per year, but these three words "a net check" make me think it's one check per year.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

"Aguayo will receive her CASH4LIFE prize in annual payments of $365,000 per year. After required withholding she will receive a net check totaling $227,410 every year for the rest of her life."

I suppose that statement can be interpreted different ways... Maybe they'll pay it 4 times per year, but these three words "a net check" make me think it's one check per year.

Thanks for the info.   I think its a 1 time a year payout - JUST enough for me to never have to worry about money again *AND* do what ever I wanted (within reason). 

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3690 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2014, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info.   I think its a 1 time a year payout - JUST enough for me to never have to worry about money again *AND* do what ever I wanted (within reason). 

I too could comfortably and reasonably live on 250K a year.  I know this because I don't know what it's like to live on 250K a year now, so I'm sure I could get a long just fine on $250K a year!

But for me, the key words in your post are "never have to worry about money again". 

I hate having to say to my wife "Where's the money to pay for that going to come from?"  It would be so much easier (not to mention nicer) to say to her "Oh, you want to buy that leather sofa?  OK, it's only $5,000."

See, that's the thing.  With everything else we have to pay for, there isn't much "fun money" left over.  That's why I get told "Will you stop worrying about where the money's going to come from, and QUIT RAINING ON MY PARADE!"

Lemme tell ya, it aint like I like raining on her parade..... but somebody better do it, or The County Sheriff gonna come knockin' on my front door tellin' me they're gonna haul away that new leather sofa in my family room.

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2014, 6:13 am - IP Logged

I too could comfortably and reasonably live on 250K a year.  I know this because I don't know what it's like to live on 250K a year now, so I'm sure I could get a long just fine on $250K a year!

But for me, the key words in your post are "never have to worry about money again". 

I hate having to say to my wife "Where's the money to pay for that going to come from?"  It would be so much easier (not to mention nicer) to say to her "Oh, you want to buy that leather sofa?  OK, it's only $5,000."

See, that's the thing.  With everything else we have to pay for, there isn't much "fun money" left over.  That's why I get told "Will you stop worrying about where the money's going to come from, and QUIT RAINING ON MY PARADE!"

Lemme tell ya, it aint like I like raining on her parade..... but somebody better do it, or The County Sheriff gonna come knockin' on my front door tellin' me they're gonna haul away that new leather sofa in my family room.

Yea, that is just enough to not work and be happy! Today is the BONUS day! I have 2 cards that I play, each has 2 lines.  I play 4 lines total and get 6, so $1.33 a ticket. 

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
              upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2014, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for that.  And I agree with you and kapla; I could definitely live comfortably on $250K net per year.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                Watervliet, New York
                United States
                Member #1100
                February 2, 2003
                3186 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2014, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Cash 4 Life results for 8/18/14

06-10-29-44-57  CB 2

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:50 am - IP Logged

Hit for nothing!  The 10 & 57 repeated from 2 plays ago, and the 2 for cashball - its hit 9 out of 18 plays!!!! 

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2014, 5:46 am - IP Logged

7/29 UPDATE--

Ok correct me if I am wrong on these--- 

Here is a list of numbers that have NOT hit yet

2,3,7,14,17,18,26,27,29,30,32,38,40,41,42,45,46,49, 50 , 57 (WOW! none hit!)

here is the multi hit list

3 hits - 8,9,11 (add the 31 & 51 to this list) 

2 hits - 4,5,10, 13, 22, 28, 31, 43, 51, 59 (add 6, 15, 53 to this list) 

8/19 UPDATE after 19 games, 95 numbers, 19 cashballs

NOT hit yet - 

4 hits 10, 11

3 hits 5,6,8,9,13,48,51,60

2 hits 3,4,15,21,22,28,33,34,36,43,44,53,54,57,58,59

Cashball -

1- 2 hits

2- 9 hits -- wow 50% of the time

3- 6 hits

4- 2 hits

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11975 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2014, 8:53 am - IP Logged

$2 INVESTMENT TURNED INTO $100 DOLLARS.

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3690 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2014, 10:37 am - IP Logged

8/19 UPDATE after 19 games, 95 numbers, 19 cashballs

NOT hit yet - 

4 hits 10, 11

3 hits 5,6,8,9,13,48,51,60

2 hits 3,4,15,21,22,28,33,34,36,43,44,53,54,57,58,59

Cashball -

1- 2 hits

2- 9 hits -- wow 50% of the time

3- 6 hits

4- 2 hits

Kap,

A+ shows the 18 as having hit on 8/7, and I think you have a typo... it's the 39 that has yet to hit.  The 38 hit  on 8/4.

Other than those two little nits, you're dead on.

PS with all of this spare time on my hands, I started building a C4L spreadsheet with Excel.  Still working it, but when I get it where I want it you can have a copy if you' like.  G5

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19740 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2014, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

$2 INVESTMENT TURNED INTO $100 DOLLARS.

NICE WIN!! Congratulations BananaTHRIFTYParty

Let it Snow Snowman

Watervliet, New York
                            United States
                            Member #1100
                            February 2, 2003
                            3186 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2014, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Kap,

A+ shows the 18 as having hit on 8/7, and I think you have a typo... it's the 39 that has yet to hit.  The 38 hit  on 8/4.

Other than those two little nits, you're dead on.

PS with all of this spare time on my hands, I started building a C4L spreadsheet with Excel.  Still working it, but when I get it where I want it you can have a copy if you' like.  G5

G5 & Kap,

In Advantage Plus when you pull up the the menu on left side bottom under option A you can turn off the Bonus # and handicap the 5 Main numbas or do an Alt-B again and track just the Bonus numbas or combine them together.  That said Kap the Cash Balls actually have hit the following times.............

1 hit 2 times

2 hit 9 times HOT

3 hit 7 times HOT

4 hit 1 time  COLD  play it Thursday!

The 10-11 & 31 have hit4 times each 

ON Thursday I would wheel the 10 Virgins that have yet to hit with the 10-11 & 31 with the 4 as Cash Ball on ALL tickets.  I will post a wheel with those picks and see how the balls bounce.  GL

MINK

Watervliet, New York
                              United States
                              Member #1100
                              February 2, 2003
                              3186 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2014, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

G5 & Kap,

In Advantage Plus when you pull up the the menu on left side bottom under option A you can turn off the Bonus # and handicap the 5 Main numbas or do an Alt-B again and track just the Bonus numbas or combine them together.  That said Kap the Cash Balls actually have hit the following times.............

1 hit 2 times

2 hit 9 times HOT

3 hit 7 times HOT

4 hit 1 time  COLD  play it Thursday!

The 10-11 & 31 have hit4 times each 

ON Thursday I would wheel the 10 Virgins that have yet to hit with the 10-11 & 31 with the 4 as Cash Ball on ALL tickets.  I will post a wheel with those picks and see how the balls bounce.  GL

MINK

CASH BALL STATS ONLY..................FYI!

Page 12 of 18