Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash 4Life

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 6 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3701 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2014, 6:14 am - IP Logged

One of the reasons why I'm not sure if I like this game is due to the top half of it's matrix of 60 numbers. That's a lot of numbers.  39 or 40 numbers is a lot more manageable, and I felt like I could do analysis on 40 numbers. (Not that my "analysis" did me any good in Sweet Millie)

So because 60 numbers is a lot of numbers to analyze, I'm thinking of doing something for C4L that I've not done in the past.  Almost everybody I know that plays the lottery regularly has what they refer to as "My numbers".   Not me.  I never had or developed a set of personal numbers.  It's not that I'm against it, I just never did it.  (Although there is a downside to playing a set of personal numbers, and that's if you don't play 'em and they hit!  I don't know anybody that's ever happened to, but I bet it HAS happened to some poor soul somewhere.)

So maybe I'll get myself a set of "my numbers" and never play any other numbers other than them in C4L.   I'm curious as to how those of you that have a set of personal numbers chose them.  How'd you get 'em??  (I don't want to know what your numbers are, I just want to know how you settled upon the numbers that became "your numbers".)

Thanks.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2014, 6:07 am - IP Logged

One of the reasons why I'm not sure if I like this game is due to the top half of it's matrix of 60 numbers. That's a lot of numbers.  39 or 40 numbers is a lot more manageable, and I felt like I could do analysis on 40 numbers. (Not that my "analysis" did me any good in Sweet Millie)

So because 60 numbers is a lot of numbers to analyze, I'm thinking of doing something for C4L that I've not done in the past.  Almost everybody I know that plays the lottery regularly has what they refer to as "My numbers".   Not me.  I never had or developed a set of personal numbers.  It's not that I'm against it, I just never did it.  (Although there is a downside to playing a set of personal numbers, and that's if you don't play 'em and they hit!  I don't know anybody that's ever happened to, but I bet it HAS happened to some poor soul somewhere.)

So maybe I'll get myself a set of "my numbers" and never play any other numbers other than them in C4L.   I'm curious as to how those of you that have a set of personal numbers chose them.  How'd you get 'em??  (I don't want to know what your numbers are, I just want to know how you settled upon the numbers that became "your numbers".)

Thanks.  G5

Regular numbers can be ANYTHING you want - numbers you like, birthdays, lic. plate #'s, house numbers, phone numbers, I have hit on ALL of those in the past.  Mostly in Numbers & Win 4.  Hitting a phone number in WIN 4 is really fun. 

I agree 100% that 60 numbers is WAY TOO many - BUT there has already been a jackpot winner, so more people must be playing as it took ALOT longer for SM to hit a jackpot. 

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3701 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2014, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Regular numbers can be ANYTHING you want - numbers you like, birthdays, lic. plate #'s, house numbers, phone numbers, I have hit on ALL of those in the past.  Mostly in Numbers & Win 4.  Hitting a phone number in WIN 4 is really fun. 

I agree 100% that 60 numbers is WAY TOO many - BUT there has already been a jackpot winner, so more people must be playing as it took ALOT longer for SM to hit a jackpot. 

Thanks Kap.

I haven't figured out yet if I'm going to just play a set of personal numbers, or not even bother with the game at all.  I mean there's no history yet to this game, and it'll take a while before there is any, so a set of personal numbers might be the way for me to go.  I was thinking I might spend 8 bucks per drawing.  I'd play all 4 CashBall's, and use my personal numbers for the white balls.

All of the sources of numbers that you mentioned were things I've thought about using.  Just hoping somebody might mention something different/unique as a source of them. Using a phone number is out for me, I have too many three's in my phone number. (The last 4 numbers of it are 8333)

As for that jackpot win, I kind of think it happened because the game is new.  My guess is that store clerks are "pushing" C4L, and also that many players are "taking it on a test drive" because it was just rolled out.  Sooner or later, I think it'll settle down.  But I could be wrong about that.  One thing it has going in it's favor that SM didn't, is all of those lower tier prizes. People want to win something, even if it's just a few bucks. I had 3 white balls last Monday and won 25 bucks, so you know I'll be playing it again tonite.  There's nothing like a lottery win to make a player plunk down their money again.  Wins are so tough to come by, that when I get one, I get all pumped up thinking I really do have a shot at winning it all, and I jump all over the game again!

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3701 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2014, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Believe it or not, this game is growing in popularity. (It's growing in popularity in the State of New York. Although I didn't check New Jersey's website, my guess is that the same thing is happening in New Jersey) 

There were approximately 100,000 total NY winners last night.  When the game started last week on June 16th, there was an approximate total of 78,000 NY winners.

In each successive drawing since the second drawing on June 19th, the total number of winners increased compared to the previous drawing. 

That can only mean the total number of tickets sold in NY has increased with each drawing.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3701 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2014, 7:32 am - IP Logged

Believe it or not, this game is growing in popularity. (It's growing in popularity in the State of New York. Although I didn't check New Jersey's website, my guess is that the same thing is happening in New Jersey) 

There were approximately 100,000 total NY winners last night.  When the game started last week on June 16th, there was an approximate total of 78,000 NY winners.

In each successive drawing since the second drawing on June 19th, the total number of winners increased compared to the previous drawing. 

That can only mean the total number of tickets sold in NY has increased with each drawing.

New Jersey doesn't report the number of winners for C4L on their website.  They did report the total dollars won for two drawings.   Last nite Jersey players won a total of $268,000.  On June 20th The New Jersey Lottery reported that Jersey players won a total of $238,000.  Looks like same thing is happening in Jersey that's happening in New York.

United States
            Member #140884
            March 29, 2013
            45 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2014, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Seems they are giving a promo already. I bought five quick pics on a ticket ($10) for Tuesday July 1 and got a free CFL ticket.

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2014, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Seems they are giving a promo already. I bought five quick pics on a ticket ($10) for Tuesday July 1 and got a free CFL ticket.

CFL ticket???

United States
                Member #140884
                March 29, 2013
                45 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2014, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes I bought $10 CFL and got a free CFL.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3157 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2014, 1:04 am - IP Logged

I'm curious if any Connecticut players are crossing over to play this like i did to play LFL. It's hard to say if this is better.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3701 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2014, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I'm curious if any Connecticut players are crossing over to play this like i did to play LFL. It's hard to say if this is better.

I would think that lottery players living near the NY border in western Connecticut (or western Mass and Vermont) are crossing over the border and buying C4L. 

When LFL first started, I don't think the odds were 41 million to 1 to win the jackpot like they are now.  I remember L4L's matrix being changed, and it got a lot harder to win a Jackpot.   I **think** the odds used to be 13 million to 1 to win a JP.   So with 21 million to 1 odds to win a JP, C4L is easier to win than L4L.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3701 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2014, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I'm going and get me $10 of C4L today!

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3701 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2014, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I would think that lottery players living near the NY border in western Connecticut (or western Mass and Vermont) are crossing over the border and buying C4L. 

When LFL first started, I don't think the odds were 41 million to 1 to win the jackpot like they are now.  I remember L4L's matrix being changed, and it got a lot harder to win a Jackpot.   I **think** the odds used to be 13 million to 1 to win a JP.   So with 21 million to 1 odds to win a JP, C4L is easier to win than L4L.

Lucky4 Life changed it's matrix (and became a lot harder to win) on Sept 19, 2013.

It originally had 40 white balls, and 21 green or "lucky" balls.  It now has 43 white balls, and 43 lucky balls.Odds are now 41,391,714 to 1 to win a $7,000 per week jackpot.

Odds are 985,517 to 1 for a second place win of $25,000 a year for life. (Can be pari-mutuel too depending upon the number of winners)

There are also lump sum cash options available in lieu of the "for life" periodic payments.

Interestingly enough, some New England states participating in L4L offer "Season tickets", which I believe is  something like a subscription that NY offers for Lotto, & MM.  Wouldn't it be nice if NY offered a "Season ticket" for C4L?  I'm inclined to believe they wont.  IMHO the NY Lottery just does not seem to me to be as progressive as other states lottery's.  I don't know why that's the case, maybe it isn't the case at all, but it sure seems that way to me.

Last but not least, in the future, C4L will add players from Virginia according to Wikipedia. 

Wikipedia also says Lucky 4 Life will go "national" on January 15,2015, adding Washington DC and Arkansas.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                          upstate NY
                          United States
                          Member #108791
                          March 31, 2011
                          549 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2014, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Lucky4 Life changed it's matrix (and became a lot harder to win) on Sept 19, 2013.

It originally had 40 white balls, and 21 green or "lucky" balls.  It now has 43 white balls, and 43 lucky balls.Odds are now 41,391,714 to 1 to win a $7,000 per week jackpot.

Odds are 985,517 to 1 for a second place win of $25,000 a year for life. (Can be pari-mutuel too depending upon the number of winners)

There are also lump sum cash options available in lieu of the "for life" periodic payments.

Interestingly enough, some New England states participating in L4L offer "Season tickets", which I believe is  something like a subscription that NY offers for Lotto, & MM.  Wouldn't it be nice if NY offered a "Season ticket" for C4L?  I'm inclined to believe they wont.  IMHO the NY Lottery just does not seem to me to be as progressive as other states lottery's.  I don't know why that's the case, maybe it isn't the case at all, but it sure seems that way to me.

Last but not least, in the future, C4L will add players from Virginia according to Wikipedia. 

Wikipedia also says Lucky 4 Life will go "national" on January 15,2015, adding Washington DC and Arkansas.

If NYL can't be bothered to offer a subscription for Powerball, I doubt they'll offer one for C4L... which is too bad, because I'd probably subscribe to both.

The interesting part about Virginia joining C4L is that they'll be abandoning their own Win For Life game to do so.  WFL itself started out as a multi-state game but ceased to be so earlier this year when Georgia dropped out; their top prize is the same as C4L's second prize ($1K/week).  I guess these games need to have multiple states participating in order to be viable.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3157 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2014, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Got a $10 tic but no extra. Was surprised it had all 4 cash balls.

United States
                              Member #140884
                              March 29, 2013
                              45 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2014, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I just came home and my last stop was a store where I decided to buy another $10 CFL to get the free ticket. I filled out the slip and got the ticket but no freebie.  I pulled out the ticket I had previously purchased with $10 worth of CFL  along with the free CFL and showed the counter person who had no answer as to why I didn't get a free ticket this time or why I got one the previous time.  I stopped at another store and they said that randomly a machine will kick out a free ticket on its own???  I have never heard or seen that before.  The ticket clearly says Congratulations on your FREE CFL ticket and it came out with my first purchase of $10 CFL.

Anyone ever experience this? I had a feeling something was off as the website does not indicate anything about a CFL promo.

Page 6 of 18