Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash 4Life

Topic closed. 261 replies. Last post 2 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 4 of 18
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3818 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2014, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

LI is becoming the king of lotto. We were just saying they win everything there.

A lot of winners sold on LI has a lot to do with the fact that the number of people living on LI is about one-half of the population of the entire state. (I'm including Brooklyn and Queens because Brooklyn and Queens are physically located on LI)

Where the most people live is where the most tickets will be sold.

Where the most tickets are sold is where the most winners will be sold.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Upstate NY
    United States
    Member #140390
    March 17, 2013
    224 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2014, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I won $2 with a quick pick.   Nothing on my line.

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: June 21, 2014, 5:38 am - IP Logged

Not liking this game.. BUT nice to see someone hit the 1k for week last play!!! 

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
        NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        12118 Posts
        Posted: June 21, 2014, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 22 Million. Its biggest selling point is the Instant Scratch Off name that it has.

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
          NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          12118 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2014, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

A lot of winners sold on LI has a lot to do with the fact that the number of people living on LI is about one-half of the population of the entire state. (I'm including Brooklyn and Queens because Brooklyn and Queens are physically located on LI)

Where the most people live is where the most tickets will be sold.

Where the most tickets are sold is where the most winners will be sold.

Long Island is the place to be when it comes to lotto.

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3818 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2014, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Think we'll probably get to see the winners picture on the NYS Lottery's website.

I sure hope I don't see a picture of a senior citizen.

What'd I do if I bought a 1K a week winner is have my 21 year old daughter cash it.  Long after I'm gone, the money would still be being paid to my family.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3159 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2014, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Think we'll probably get to see the winners picture on the NYS Lottery's website.

I sure hope I don't see a picture of a senior citizen.

What'd I do if I bought a 1K a week winner is have my 21 year old daughter cash it.  Long after I'm gone, the money would still be being paid to my family.

Is it really life payments or a 20 year term like l've seen on some life games. I don't trust NYL.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2014, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Is it really life payments or a 20 year term like l've seen on some life games. I don't trust NYL.

The rules are a bit vague on this (probably intentionally so).  It looks like the payments are truly "for life" with a minimum 20-year term.  However, if I'm reading the rules correctly, it would appear that there is some wiggle room for the lottery commission to cut out the "for life" provision and go with the 20-year payout at their discretion, especially if there are multiple winners.  (It is entirely possible that I am NOT reading the rules correctly.)

NY
                  United States
                  Member #103217
                  December 31, 2010
                  96 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

55% of sales amount is allocated to Prizes??? That's one of the highest.  SM was like 45%.

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3818 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2014, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody think the CashBall might repeat?

I played the 1 and the 4.... but maybe we'll get the 2 or the 3.

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2014, 5:54 am - IP Logged

Does anybody think the CashBall might repeat?

I played the 1 and the 4.... but maybe we'll get the 2 or the 3.

Yea, tough to tell... its SOOO new, who knows.  I know so far I really don't like the odds of this game.  ONLY playing if I hit another game first that day or day before. 

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3818 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2014, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Where I work, there's a lot of hallways.  Some of those hallways have a lot of foot traffic in them, but  in others, hardly anybody walks thru them.  It kinda all depends upon where you're goin'.  Those lesser travelled hallways lead to places that most people don't usually need go to. 

Today at about lunch time, I took one of those hallways that most people don't use.  I don't know why I decided to take that hallway, I usually don't take it, but today I decided I'd go that way to get to where I had to go. 

Now, when you go down that hallway, the lighting isn't all that great.  So there I was, all alone going down that dimly lit hallway with nobody else in sight.  As I'm goin' along, I saw some paper on the floor.  I couldn't really tell what was, but as I got closer to it, it looked to me like it was folded up.  So when I go to it, I looked down, and what do I see?  A "twunny"!  Old Andy Jackson was  lookin' back up at ME!!! 

I look around.  Aint nobody around anywhere!!  So I bend down and snatch up that bill. I unfolded it, it was only one, but sure enough, it was a twunny!!

I'm playin' a whole buncha C4L tonite.  And I'm playin' some of my Urb Kress Take5 picks too! Gonna parlay that twunny into some serious bucks!

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3818 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

So I took that twunny down to a drug store near me to buy some C4L.

I know the guy behind the counter, (well, I don't know him personally, I don't know his name, but he's seen me  in there many times, and I know he's retired and works part time) and I handed him my playslip.

He runs the playslip thru but gets an error.  What happened was I played all 4 CashBalls and marked two numbers in the top box and also the QP box so as to get a partial QP.  So he looks at the playslip and says "There's something wrong with box C.  You didn't pick five numbers."

I look at the playslip and sure enough, I forgot to color in the QP box.  So I asked him for a pen, colored in the QP box and handed the playslip back to him.

"That wont work. You have to fill in five numbers."

I say "Run it through, it'll work."

He looked at me for a second, shook his head a little, but ran it thru.  Of course, it printed my ticket.  Now he's looking at me like I'm some kind of God or sumthin. 

I say "Partial Quick Pick."  He says "What's that?"  I say "You just did it."  He says "I guess I did!"  I gave him ten bucks, he gave me the ticket, and I walked out of the store.

Surprising how many people don't know what a partial QP is.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3818 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2014, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Toldja I wuz gonna parlay that twunny into some serious cash!

5 16 21 33 47  CB4

I had:

5 21 33 42 53  CB1  which is good for 25 bucks!

10 15 21 39 56  CB4 which is good for 2 bucks!

Hey! This game aint so bad!

mrsd446's avatar - bass fret.jpg
                              Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #113973
                              July 20, 2011
                              13112 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2014, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Toldja I wuz gonna parlay that twunny into some serious cash!

5 16 21 33 47  CB4

I had:

5 21 33 42 53  CB1  which is good for 25 bucks!

10 15 21 39 56  CB4 which is good for 2 bucks!

Hey! This game aint so bad!

WTG G5!!!!   you did better than me with the 1 + 1 for $2.  I bought qps.

Did you pick the numbers or qp?

pets: 169-417-446-623-634-824-626-807-3890-8118-1769

Page 4 of 18