Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should we boycott Mega Millions?

Topic closed. 153 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Goteki54.

Page 8 of 11
PrintE-mailLink

Boycott mega millions?

Yes [ 12 ]  [24.49%]
No [ 37 ]  [75.51%]
Total Valid Votes [ 49 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3157 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2014, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

LOL      Thumbs Up

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10345 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2014, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Who can we complain to officially?  I also agree california and new york have an unfair advantage for some reason.

pickopne4me,

This was your first post in this thread and you're calling other people conspiracy theorists?

A lot of people have been here for a long time and realize that all these "How come it's always CA, NY, FL, etc...." threads and posts are just a bunch of very envious people saying, "Whaa waaa whaaa, it wasn't me that won."

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2014, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Some states have not won in 3 plus years!  The odds of winning are NOT the same for every state.  You must be using the metric measuring system to come out with that load of trash.

You do realize that everyone has the same chances of winning despite the state they live in, right? The only thing affecting your chances of winning, by only the tiniest of margin, is how many lines you play. Someone playing $1 in Wyoming has the same chance as someone playing $1 in California, Texas, New York or Florida. There is a larger chance of someone in California winning than a person in Wyoming, but that's only because California has more people playing. However, the odds of players in each state is exactly the same, with the only variable being the amount played.

The ONLY thing having California (or any other states that win often) as a part of the MUSL is that the chances of a larger jackpot is less, because having those states in the game increases the chances of a winning being sold because of how large their playing population is.

If you can't understand, I'm sorry. But it's fact, regardless of whether you understand it or agree with it. You can argue all you want but it doesn't change a thing. It just makes you ignorant.

United States
        Member #157027
        July 6, 2014
        392 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

I have news for you.. when you play the lottery out here- no one asks " by the way, are you Republican or Democrat?"

Lollll

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #104962
          January 23, 2011
          1075 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2014, 9:47 am - IP Logged

It finally explains why I haven't won the jackpot yet.  I have only been getting the "ticket" once every two years perhaps twice if I voted in the Primaries.  You are right I can't believe I could have been that "dumb".  I wondered why I would get strange looks when I gave the poll workers a dollar when I signed in but since they gave me the sticker I thought I did it right.  I went home those nights and watched the drawings for the letters I - V - O - T - E - D to come up but only numbers ever came up.

Glad to know I don't have to wait until November 4th to get a ticket!  I already rushed out and bought a ticket for the MM and PB drawings this week!  Enjoy your Boycott!!

Do us all a favor and stay away from the voting booth,  you will probably vote for a demoncrat or republicrat.

Trump 2016!

Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2014, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Alright listen up everyone.  I haven't played PB or MM's since last year,  so, NO!...It's not because I ain't winning,  it's that I simply don't trust that the PB & MM's are honest games.  So cointoss your, "waaa waaa waa" claim just fell apart. 

I am sick of getting personally attacked for my opinions, and views about why certain states win all the time.

I have a right to be disgusted by the same states winning all the time,  I don't care about how, or why anyone thinks why they keep winning, it is my right to be suspicious of the consistent wins for the usual places.  If you naysayers want to keep believing, that is your right.

Trump 2016!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19743 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2014, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Alright listen up everyone.  I haven't played PB or MM's since last year,  so, NO!...It's not because I ain't winning,  it's that I simply don't trust that the PB & MM's are honest games.  So cointoss your, "waaa waaa waa" claim just fell apart. 

I am sick of getting personally attacked for my opinions, and views about why certain states win all the time.

I have a right to be disgusted by the same states winning all the time,  I don't care about how, or why anyone thinks why they keep winning, it is my right to be suspicious of the consistent wins for the usual places.  If you naysayers want to keep believing, that is your right.

Please don't go away mad  Love

Let it Snow Snowman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10345 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2014, 11:07 am - IP Logged

pickone4me.

You listen up.
                This is what I posted:

A lot of people have been here for a long time and realize that all these "How come it's always CA, NY, FL, etc...." threads and posts are just a bunch of very envious people saying, "Whaa waaa whaaa, it wasn't me that won."

So you, who admitted you don't even play, take that to mean I was talking about you.
                PUT YOUR EGO IN PARK.

As for 'the same states winning 'all the time', get your facts straight before your posts prove you to be an over-opinionate psycho-babbler.

Go here:
                Http://www.megamillions.com/winners-gallery

I see quite a variety of states there and wonder about your reading comprehension or taking the time to gather any knowledge before you post.

It's been a real blast talking with you but now you're in my NWTT (Not worth talking to) file.

May you be as lucky as you are opinionated.

Cheers.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #128373
                  May 22, 2012
                  201 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2014, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

But hey, MM doesn't have the worse odds of anything out there.  I know something with MUCH worse odds.

The lottery is NOT a tax on the poor.  By calling it a tax, you are calling it mandatory, which is what taxes are.  But the lottery is NOT mandatory, therefore calling it a tax highly inaccurate.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

You're correct. You have the right to believe those things. Just like I have the right to believe mixing water and peanut butter will make diamonds. Just because you have the right to believe something doesn't mean your belief is right or that others can't call you out on incorrect beliefs.

Nobody "thinks" why they win so often. They know why they win so often. Those states have a larger lottery playing population and thus they buy more tickets. You are ignorant to that reason and refuse to accept it.

California
                      United States
                      Member #141204
                      April 7, 2013
                      280 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

You're correct. You have the right to believe those things. Just like I have the right to believe mixing water and peanut butter will make diamonds. Just because you have the right to believe something doesn't mean your belief is right or that others can't call you out on incorrect beliefs.

Nobody "thinks" why they win so often. They know why they win so often. Those states have a larger lottery playing population and thus they buy more tickets. You are ignorant to that reason and refuse to accept it.

I Agree!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2014, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Please don't go away mad  Love

Your suppose to say.  Don't go away mad, Just go away. :-)

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                          The Quantum Master
                          West Concord, MN
                          United States
                          Member #21
                          December 7, 2001
                          3675 Posts
                          Posted: August 31, 2014, 10:16 am - IP Logged

no.

the b big one is coming.

Red Eyes

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                          Wisdom is Not Censored
                          Douglas Paul Smallish
                          Jehocifer

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #104962
                            January 23, 2011
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2014, 9:32 am - IP Logged

You do realize that everyone has the same chances of winning despite the state they live in, right? The only thing affecting your chances of winning, by only the tiniest of margin, is how many lines you play. Someone playing $1 in Wyoming has the same chance as someone playing $1 in California, Texas, New York or Florida. There is a larger chance of someone in California winning than a person in Wyoming, but that's only because California has more people playing. However, the odds of players in each state is exactly the same, with the only variable being the amount played.

The ONLY thing having California (or any other states that win often) as a part of the MUSL is that the chances of a larger jackpot is less, because having those states in the game increases the chances of a winning being sold because of how large their playing population is.

If you can't understand, I'm sorry. But it's fact, regardless of whether you understand it or agree with it. You can argue all you want but it doesn't change a thing. It just makes you ignorant.

You said:

You contradicted yourself in a big way ( a bunch of times ) ,  thanks for seeing it my way, that they have an unfair advantage.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5588 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2014, 10:49 am - IP Logged

You said:

You contradicted yourself in a big way ( a bunch of times ) ,  thanks for seeing it my way, that they have an unfair advantage.

By saying that CA has an unfair advantage, then you must be saying that to make it fair for the other states, CA must limit how many tickets they sell each draw.

But then, it would be unfair to those that wanted to play but can't because tickets sales would be cut off. What's the sense in that?

CA has more people, and more people that play, than other states. It's so simple. Just like more people win on QP's because.....more people buy QP's.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Page 8 of 11