Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Taking the Mystery out of Picking Numbers (jackpot games)

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SkyLine69.

Page 11 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Krypton
United States
Member #140102
March 11, 2013
891 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2015, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Congratulations Skyline! I'm coming to your place to eat!

Hope you got all you can eat for $7 I only had the 35 and the 11.

You have about $2149 in four lines!

Congrats!

Tell the wife I'll help out (if you slip me $50).

Ok G.   Thanks .   I'm sure the LC is tired of seeing me lol  This is how your discount works   Lunch $7 - your senior discount - your looking good discount - your travel time = lunch is on me. 

Serioisly G , if you can some time swing by. I'm there Sun 11-2 , Tuesday and Wed 8-2 plus whenever my wife tells me to be there lol. I'd love to show you what I've got. Trying to explain in an email, video or phone is most dufficult. Even though I added to what I have in a system I'm still writing the instructions lol. The more I play the better I get (-:  let me know if you can make sometime if not we will work out something

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1528 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2015, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I got such in a hurry tonight I filled out the sane line twice lol. I made it to the store AGAIN with 2 minutes to spare. I need time off G. Will you talk to my wife and beg her yo give me some alone time lol. I'll pick my own numbers any day of the week. I can normally lock down a min of two. Sometimes 3 to 4. I normally don't post tickets but thought I'd share this as part of my frustration   Oh, I did get several 3/4,tonight on Two Step and a 4/4 no BB again. This makes 3 times having 4/4 within the last 7 draws.  Something better give soon lol  The winner was 2-4-30-35 BB 11

Congrats Skylines99! I'm not surprised at the results you're getting. I once said to you that you were just a pace or two from reaching your goal. It wasn't hyperbole. I wish you No Limiits, and may you keep topping yourself!

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      891 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2015, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Skylines99! I'm not surprised at the results you're getting. I once said to you that you were just a pace or two from reaching your goal. It wasn't hyperbole. I wish you No Limiits, and may you keep topping yourself!

Thanks Kola, I wish I could take all the credit as a very special person helped me understand a lot about this game and he is no longer o this board.  He kind of disappeared off the face of the earth so either he hit it big or getting free room and board with a cheese sandwich.  I do know he ran into some issues a couple of years back but you are correct I will reach them as I surely put in the hours it takes IMHO to conquer this non random game.  My ultimate goad AFTER I win a jackpot will be to assist others to obtain there's and you and some others are def on my list (-:  I have not forgotten those that have helped me a long the way and never will

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1720 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2015, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Ok G.   Thanks .   I'm sure the LC is tired of seeing me lol  This is how your discount works   Lunch $7 - your senior discount - your looking good discount - your travel time = lunch is on me. 

Serioisly G , if you can some time swing by. I'm there Sun 11-2 , Tuesday and Wed 8-2 plus whenever my wife tells me to be there lol. I'd love to show you what I've got. Trying to explain in an email, video or phone is most dufficult. Even though I added to what I have in a system I'm still writing the instructions lol. The more I play the better I get (-:  let me know if you can make sometime if not we will work out something

Thank you Skyline! May be Sunday. No plans at this point.

RJOH

Made some small mistakes in the math. The answer to the question  is.....

10,510,150 total combinations from lowest to highest using the proposed 1-20, 3-25, 5-35, 15-40, 20-45 and 25-49 data sets.

Here's the breakdown of numbers by position. Far right column is total hits in all positions. (note:row 25 appears twice. ignore one of them)

Actually I started out on the wrong foot trying to equate the values with a 1 to X equivalent.....didn't work that easy. Even then I should have subtracted 1 from all but the 6 position. That would have brought us down to about 165,000,000.

Next, as the above charts show you don't have equal results for each digit. The sets produced are then thrown out of kilter.

The numbers here are accurate using the data given.  At 55 lines a page, 66 spaces per line, it would take 64,365 pages, or 128 reams of paper to print all the combinations.

Considering I've already spent about 1/2 hour to write and the same to run, (slowed it to make sure it wasn't skipping count) I'll pass on the printing.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19830 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2015, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

10,510,150 total combinations from lowest to highest using the proposed 1-20, 3-25, 5-35, 15-40, 20-45 and 25-49 data sets.

Here's the breakdown of numbers by position. Far right column is total hits in all positions. (note:row 25 appears twice. ignore one of them)

Actually I started out on the wrong foot trying to equate the values with a 1 to X equivalent.....didn't work that easy. Even then I should have subtracted 1 from all but the 6 position. That would have brought us down to about 165,000,000.

Next, as the above charts show you don't have equal results for each digit. The sets produced are then thrown out of kilter.

The numbers here are accurate using the data given.  At 55 lines a page, 66 spaces per line, it would take 64,365 pages, or 128 reams of paper to print all the combinations.

Considering I've already spent about 1/2 hour to write and the same to run, (slowed it to make sure it wasn't skipping count) I'll pass on the printing.

"10,510,150 total combinations from lowest to highest using the proposed 1-20, 3-25, 5-35, 15-40, 20-45 and 25-49 data sets."

Looks like you figured a way to answer dr san's question.  Since there are 13,983,816 combinations in a full 6/49 wheel there's not much of an advantage gained by reducing the number of possible combinations using those parameters even if the winning combination is among them.  I was expecting more combinations to be eliminated.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1720 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2015, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

"10,510,150 total combinations from lowest to highest using the proposed 1-20, 3-25, 5-35, 15-40, 20-45 and 25-49 data sets."

Looks like you figured a way to answer dr san's question.  Since there are 13,983,816 combinations in a full 6/49 wheel there's not much of an advantage gained by reducing the number of possible combinations using those parameters even if the winning combination is among them.  I was expecting more combinations to be eliminated.

Heh! Interesting observation....

Total for 6/49 = 13,983,816 combinations

Time to go back through the code and make sure everything is right.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1720 Posts
              Posted: September 11, 2015, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

13,983,816 is right for the total 6/49 matrix.

10,510,146 is right for the parameters stated in this thread.

Found some mistakes in the counting routine. Corrected those and ran the entire matrix to get a baseline.

The totals for any number in the 6/49 are equal. Also added the count line to provide markers of the total count at certain points based on the first position number. Those are the numbers in blue. 6924764 is for the set 5 45 46 47 48 49. At 10 45 46 47 48 49 we are at combination 10722193.

At 17 45 46 47 48 49 we're at set 13077624 of 13983816.

The orange box shows from 18 to 49 there are only 906192 combinations in the entire 6/49 matrix. Remember this is the entire matrix. 93.5% of all combinations in 6/49 have a first digit 17 or below.

Then I ran the state parameters in this thread. Correcting the counting did level out the number counts. Notice at the end of the 5 set we're about 1.57 million off where were were in the matrix.

We're about 2.2 million short at the end of the set of 10s. And 3 million short at the end of 17.

From 18 to 20 we only have 251,860 combinations. 97.6% of this abbreviated set have a first number 17 or below.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3983 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2015, 12:03 am - IP Logged

I got such in a hurry tonight I filled out the sane line twice lol. I made it to the store AGAIN with 2 minutes to spare. I need time off G. Will you talk to my wife and beg her yo give me some alone time lol. I'll pick my own numbers any day of the week. I can normally lock down a min of two. Sometimes 3 to 4. I normally don't post tickets but thought I'd share this as part of my frustration   Oh, I did get several 3/4,tonight on Two Step and a 4/4 no BB again. This makes 3 times having 4/4 within the last 7 draws.  Something better give soon lol  The winner was 2-4-30-35 BB 11

Skyline

When your hot, your hot.  This has to mean your on the something.  In all my years of play I once trapped

two 5of5's for my 5-39 in the same week.  One in 100 lines and the other in 108,  I filtered them both out

filtering down to around 15 lines to play.  Hope you purchased those tickets and Keep it up.  If your system

holds up you may want to buy out the BN's as it would pay off big.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2015, 12:38 am - IP Logged

13,983,816 is right for the total 6/49 matrix.

10,510,146 is right for the parameters stated in this thread.

Found some mistakes in the counting routine. Corrected those and ran the entire matrix to get a baseline.

The totals for any number in the 6/49 are equal. Also added the count line to provide markers of the total count at certain points based on the first position number. Those are the numbers in blue. 6924764 is for the set 5 45 46 47 48 49. At 10 45 46 47 48 49 we are at combination 10722193.

At 17 45 46 47 48 49 we're at set 13077624 of 13983816.

The orange box shows from 18 to 49 there are only 906192 combinations in the entire 6/49 matrix. Remember this is the entire matrix. 93.5% of all combinations in 6/49 have a first digit 17 or below.

Then I ran the state parameters in this thread. Correcting the counting did level out the number counts. Notice at the end of the 5 set we're about 1.57 million off where were were in the matrix.

We're about 2.2 million short at the end of the set of 10s. And 3 million short at the end of 17.

From 18 to 20 we only have 251,860 combinations. 97.6% of this abbreviated set have a first number 17 or below.

COUNTA = 0: COUNTB = 0
                  FOR A = 1 TO 44
                  FOR B = A + 1 TO 45
                  FOR C = B + 1 TO 46
                  FOR D = C + 1 TO 47
                  FOR E = D + 1 TO 48
                  FOR F = E + 1 TO 49
                  COUNTA = COUNTA + 1
                  IF A >= 1 AND A <= 20 AND B >= 3 AND B <= 25 AND C >= 5 AND C <= 35 AND D >= 15 AND D <= 40 AND E >= 20 AND E <= 45 AND F >= 25 AND F <= 49 THEN COUNTB = COUNTB + 1
                  NEXT F
                  NEXT E
                  NEXT D
                  NEXT C
                  NEXT B
                  NEXT A
                  PRINT USING "##########"; COUNTA;: PRINT " POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS"
                  PRINT USING "##########"; COUNTB;: PRINT " SPECIAL COMBINATIONS"

I ran the above program and got 13983816 possible combinations and 10516146 special combinations.  Once I thought about it, getting the answer wasn't that hard and it only took a second or two to check 13983816 possible combinations.

Evil Looking       

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2015, 6:30 am - IP Logged

Skyline

When your hot, your hot.  This has to mean your on the something.  In all my years of play I once trapped

two 5of5's for my 5-39 in the same week.  One in 100 lines and the other in 108,  I filtered them both out

filtering down to around 15 lines to play.  Hope you purchased those tickets and Keep it up.  If your system

holds up you may want to buy out the BN's as it would pay off big.

RL

Thanks RL  I've never bought out the BNs before. Not to say I haven't thought about it   My main obstacle is having the time to actually play. I wish I could tell the world it's consistent.   In a way it is but then again 1+1 doesn't always = 2 in the grand scheme of things when your dealing with the human brain and how we can talk ourselves out of WHY we picked a specific string of numbers or patterns. For me, it's a work in progress. Trust me, I have prayed to allow others take a look at what I am on to only to find out for some it's too difficult to obtain or takes up too much time to figure out. I'm like you in that I don't like writing instructions lol and it's hard to say what I'm thinking lol. Wouldn't it be nice to hit a magic button and get all the numbers lol. On an average I'll get 3/4 or 3/5 on most games   There is a certain time of the month that everything just falls in place like this past week I only wish I knew which draw this was lol. Perhaps I need to schedule a meeting lol

Krypton
                      United States
                      Member #140102
                      March 11, 2013
                      891 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2015, 6:33 am - IP Logged

RJOH

G of all the Sundays, this is one of the few I won't be there. Wife had other plans for me and I said " yes nam" lol. 

I'm good anytime after Wednesday of this week

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3983 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2015, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Skyline

I think you sent me some information but I was not able to work out just how you came to your conclusions.

I can't say for sure as I have gotten many PM's but I think I remember yours.  Like you say, it's the "why we

chose this value over another" that makes the difference.  I sometimes do a workout and make one choice

then later come back and change it.  Sometimes it works sometimes not.  I think you have a great attitude

and hope you continue to do well.   It's like we know full well what we are doing, Just don't ask us to put it

in words others can understand. LOL

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2015, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Thanks Kola, I wish I could take all the credit as a very special person helped me understand a lot about this game and he is no longer o this board.  He kind of disappeared off the face of the earth so either he hit it big or getting free room and board with a cheese sandwich.  I do know he ran into some issues a couple of years back but you are correct I will reach them as I surely put in the hours it takes IMHO to conquer this non random game.  My ultimate goad AFTER I win a jackpot will be to assist others to obtain there's and you and some others are def on my list (-:  I have not forgotten those that have helped me a long the way and never will

Congratulations!
                          My substitution workout is beginning to show some interesting events that could be beneficial for me in future.
                          I'm a late comer to 2Step and my tracking charts are rather sparse.
                          I've studied the tracking trends in hopes of finding the clues you may have used, but nothing significant so far.
                          Have couple of questions, if you don't mind.
                          1. Did you play more than 4 sets?? If so, explain.
                          2. Do you study the Pre-Tests?
                          It good to think that someday I might have a significant 2Step win with a minimum investment.
                          I had the 4 and BB 11 on same line for $7.
                          I used a 11 integer wheel with 11 sets.
                          Have a good one.

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1720 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2015, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

COUNTA = 0: COUNTB = 0
                            FOR A = 1 TO 44
                            FOR B = A + 1 TO 45
                            FOR C = B + 1 TO 46
                            FOR D = C + 1 TO 47
                            FOR E = D + 1 TO 48
                            FOR F = E + 1 TO 49
                            COUNTA = COUNTA + 1
                            IF A >= 1 AND A <= 20 AND B >= 3 AND B <= 25 AND C >= 5 AND C <= 35 AND D >= 15 AND D <= 40 AND E >= 20 AND E <= 45 AND F >= 25 AND F <= 49 THEN COUNTB = COUNTB + 1
                            NEXT F
                            NEXT E
                            NEXT D
                            NEXT C
                            NEXT B
                            NEXT A
                            PRINT USING "##########"; COUNTA;: PRINT " POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS"
                            PRINT USING "##########"; COUNTB;: PRINT " SPECIAL COMBINATIONS"

I ran the above program and got 13983816 possible combinations and 10516146 special combinations.  Once I thought about it, getting the answer wasn't that hard and it only took a second or two to check 13983816 possible combinations.

Nice RJOH! I like the way you snuck the second counter in to get your subset. I'm gonna end up using that trick.

Here's what I did.....

CLS: I = 0
                            FOR X1 = 1 TO 44
                                  FOR X2 = 2 TO 45
                                      FOR X3 = 3 TO 46
                                          FOR X4 = 4 TO 47
                                              FOR X5 = 5 TO 48
                                                  FOR X6 = 6 TO 49
                                                      IF X6 <= X5 OR X6 <= X4 OR X6 <= X3 OR X6 <= X2 OR X6 <= X1 THEN 515
                                                      IF X5 <= X4 OR X5 <= X3 OR X5 <= X2 OR X5 <= X1 THEN 516
                                                      IF X4 <= X3 OR X4 <= X2 OR X4 <= X1 THEN 517
                                                      IF X3 <= X2 OR X3 <= X1 THEN 518
                                                      IF X2 <= X1 THEN 519
                                                      IF X6 > X5 AND X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 GOTO showme

showme:
                                                      IF X6 > X5 AND X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 THEN I = I + 1 ELSE I = I
                                                      PRINT I; X1; X2; X3; X4; X5; X6
                                             515 NEXT X6
                                              516 NEXT X5
                                          517 NEXT X4
                                      518 NEXT X3
                                  519 NEXT X2
                            520 NEXT X1
                            Nope not ashamed at all I used line numbers in the NEXT statements. Yep. I'm older than  BASIC (and COBOL and FORTRAN for those who never knew "caveman" languages).
                            Anyway, I is the count (interval). Then we dimension six positions, X1-X6, from lowest to hightest. The IF/THEN conditions check to make sure no two numbers are the same and send the program to get the next number if matching numbers are found.
                            The branch GOTO was used to keep the the I from counting every loop in the NEXT statements.
                            Same stuff to get the subset. You can change the values to whatever you want for X1-X6.
                            If I wanted to use this same counter for a game with a bonus ball, say......Mega-Millions (LMAO) I'd make the following changes....
                            FOR X1 = 1 TO 71
                                  FOR X2 = 2 TO 72
                                      FOR X3 = 3 TO 73
                                          FOR X4 = 4 TO 74
                                              FOR X5 = 5 TO 75
                                                  FOR BB = 1 TO 15
                                                      IF X2 <= X1 THEN 519
                                                      IF X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 GOTO showme
                                                    showme:
                                                      IF  X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 THEN I = I + 1 ELSE I = I
                                                      PRINT I; X1; X2; X3; X4; X5; BB
                                             515 NEXT BB
                                              516 NEXT X5
                                          517 NEXT X4
                                      518 NEXT X3
                                  519 NEXT X2
                            520 NEXT X1
                            You can make the program faster by deleting the PRINT statement (but you'll be watching a blank screen until the program finishes).
                            WARNING: Don't try Mega-Millions at home unless you have several hours and enjoy watching numbers scroll across your monitor. Depending on the speed of your processor it could take several hours (to a day or more).
                            And PLEASE don't complain about the idiot on the internet if you do try running every MEGA-Millions combination.  Just make a game out of it. Every so often hit PAUSE/BREAK, write down some numbers from the screen and consider it a RNG.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2015, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Nice RJOH! I like the way you snuck the second counter in to get your subset. I'm gonna end up using that trick.

Here's what I did.....

FOR X1 = 1 TO 44
                                    FOR X2 = 2 TO 45
                                        FOR X3 = 3 TO 46
                                            FOR X4 = 4 TO 47
                                                FOR X5 = 5 TO 48
                                                    FOR X6 = 6 TO 49
                                                        IF X6 <= X5 OR X6 <= X4 OR X6 <= X3 OR X6 <= X2 OR X6 <= X1 THEN 515
                                                        IF X2 <= X1 THEN 519
                                                        IF X6 > X5 AND X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 GOTO showme

showme:
                                                        IF X6 > X5 AND X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 THEN I = I + 1 ELSE I = I
                                                        PRINT I; X1; X2; X3; X4; X5; X6
                                               515 NEXT X6
                                                516 NEXT X5
                                            517 NEXT X4
                                        518 NEXT X3
                                    519 NEXT X2
                              520 NEXT X1
                              Nope not ashamed at all I used line numbers in the NEXT statements. Yep. I'm older than  BASIC (and COBOL and FORTRAN for those who never knew "caveman" languages).
                              Anyway, I is the count (interval). Then we dimension six positions, X1-X6, from lowest to hightest. The IF/THEN conditions check to make sure no two numbers are the same and send the program to get the next number if matching numbers are found.
                              The branch GOTO was used to keep the the I from counting every loop in the NEXT statements.
                              Same stuff to get the subset. You can change the values to whatever you want for X1-X6.
                              If I wanted to use this same counter for a game with a bonus ball, say......Mega-Millions (LMAO) I'd make the following changes....
                              FOR X1 = 1 TO 71
                                    FOR X2 = 2 TO 72
                                        FOR X3 = 3 TO 73
                                            FOR X4 = 4 TO 74
                                                FOR X5 = 5 TO 75
                                                    FOR BB = 1 TO 15
                                                        IF X2 <= X1 THEN 519
                                                        IF X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 GOTO showme
                                                      showme:
                                                        IF  X5 > X4 AND X4 > X3 AND X3 > X2 AND X2 > X1 THEN I = I + 1 ELSE I = I
                                                        PRINT I; X1; X2; X3; X4; X5; BB
                                               515 NEXT BB
                                                516 NEXT X5
                                            517 NEXT X4
                                        518 NEXT X3
                                    519 NEXT X2
                              520 NEXT X1
                              You can make the program faster by deleting the PRINT statement (but you'll be watching a blank screen until the program finishes).
                              WARNING: Don't try Mega-Millions at home unless you have several hours and enjoy watching numbers scroll across your monitor. Depending on the speed of your processor it could take several hours (to a day or more).
                              And PLEASE don't complain about the idiot on the internet if you do try running every MEGA-Millions combination.  Just make a game out of it. Every so often hit PAUSE/BREAK, write down some numbers from the screen and consider it a RNG.

"Nope not ashamed at all I used line numbers in the NEXT statements. Yep. I'm older than  BASIC (and COBOL and FORTRAN for those who never knew "caveman" languages)."

I too use line numbers since all my programs were written in GWBasic, but as I'm getting more familiar with QB64 I'm starting to avoid them more when I don't need them.

Evil Looking       

Page 11 of 13