Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Taking the Mystery out of Picking Numbers (jackpot games)

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SkyLine69.

Page 3 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19900 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2015, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

The title "Taking the Mystery out of Picking Numbers (jackpot games)" makes one think the mystery of picking numbers will be explained only to find out there is no mystery in picking numbers, the trick is picking a winning combination of five or six from a field of 35 to 75 numbers which is almost impossible and if we do is even more impossible to repeat.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1834 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2015, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Should have put NO MYSTERY in huge bold letters.

Of course the mystery is no mystery to the people who have systems.

The mystery is to the people who keep looking for the solution to the big hush-hush secret allowing others to pick numbers when they cannot. Its this idea that keeps people spending money on software, books, and prediction services (like the Ghana 5/90. There is more money in predicting those numbers than in playing the game, ergo, this thread.)   

I could have asked, "What makes You Think Anyone Has a Better System Than You?"

I could have posted a youtube of someone writing numbers on slips of paper, and "picking the numbers" out of a bag, box, bowl.

I didn't.

I wanted to start a discussion on the tricks and tips people use to pick numbers. 

RL has offered ideas I'm going to test here. 

But think about it, how long would it take you to explain your system or to teach another person how to use it?

Me?

It would be an ongoing process. I can lay out what it entails. I can give you the tools, but if you don't learn to use them, I might as well give you a 10mm socket for 5/8 bolt.

Sure, some will read this and keep believing there is a mystery. They will keep searching for the simple answer.  Can't blame them. They want to believe there is a simple answer.

And it all sounds counter to the idea that there is a system that can help you win, but I believe there is.

Still, I don't think we're at the point where somebody can whisper magic words in your ear and suddenly you know how to pick numbers (unless its a genie or some such).

The point we're at is more like horse ----> water.

Maybe next week somebody will post a VOPP and we'll all be millionaires.

Could happen, right?

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Krypton
      United States
      Member #140102
      March 11, 2013
      904 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2015, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Should have put NO MYSTERY in huge bold letters.

Of course the mystery is no mystery to the people who have systems.

The mystery is to the people who keep looking for the solution to the big hush-hush secret allowing others to pick numbers when they cannot. Its this idea that keeps people spending money on software, books, and prediction services (like the Ghana 5/90. There is more money in predicting those numbers than in playing the game, ergo, this thread.)   

I could have asked, "What makes You Think Anyone Has a Better System Than You?"

I could have posted a youtube of someone writing numbers on slips of paper, and "picking the numbers" out of a bag, box, bowl.

I didn't.

I wanted to start a discussion on the tricks and tips people use to pick numbers. 

RL has offered ideas I'm going to test here. 

But think about it, how long would it take you to explain your system or to teach another person how to use it?

Me?

It would be an ongoing process. I can lay out what it entails. I can give you the tools, but if you don't learn to use them, I might as well give you a 10mm socket for 5/8 bolt.

Sure, some will read this and keep believing there is a mystery. They will keep searching for the simple answer.  Can't blame them. They want to believe there is a simple answer.

And it all sounds counter to the idea that there is a system that can help you win, but I believe there is.

Still, I don't think we're at the point where somebody can whisper magic words in your ear and suddenly you know how to pick numbers (unless its a genie or some such).

The point we're at is more like horse ----> water.

Maybe next week somebody will post a VOPP and we'll all be millionaires.

Could happen, right?

G, 

WHAT OMG you mean there is no "lucky" button to push to get all the numbers? Lol 

I know what you mean.  I've been looking at the Lotto Texas most of the day   I'm looking for some advantage to use with what I already do.  Actually reading this post gave me some ideas that I'm trying tonight.  I don't do predictions on the board   We shall see if Ball 1-2-3 is ODD. 

Thanks for the help

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1834 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2015, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

G, 

WHAT OMG you mean there is no "lucky" button to push to get all the numbers? Lol 

I know what you mean.  I've been looking at the Lotto Texas most of the day   I'm looking for some advantage to use with what I already do.  Actually reading this post gave me some ideas that I'm trying tonight.  I don't do predictions on the board   We shall see if Ball 1-2-3 is ODD. 

Thanks for the help

At 18 million I'm going to take a $5 chance.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5396 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2015, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Excel file for Missouri 5/39 Show Me 5 Lottery Game

https://copy.com/Crg7nhu4uFSEaGH6

MO639

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1834 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2015, 2:12 am - IP Logged

G, 

Thanks for the help

Skyline,

Played Lotto Texas the same way I'd play 2Step. 3 SPs, 2QPs

No excuses.....

Winning numbers tonight were:

8 21 33 37 42 50

Both the QP and the SP have the 8 in the right position (line C and E).

The QP has the 21 (wrong position - line D).

SP got 33 and 37 in the proper positions (line B).

Nobody won. Jackpot went to 20.25 million.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4083 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:08 am - IP Logged

G, WTG! Thumbs Up

We have to keep in mind what we are attempting, use what we know and don't be afraid to take chances on

the rest.  Math can only take us so far then it's up to God to decide the rest.  Does God roll dice?  I think Niles

Bohr said it best.  "Stop telling God what to do!"

It's a game of chance, do all you can do and hope for the best.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                4083 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Bob

Not sure I understand your question.  Using a subset of the digits produces the reduction.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  Bronx, NY
                  United States
                  Member #164554
                  March 6, 2015
                  1222 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:22 am - IP Logged

G, WTG! Thumbs Up

We have to keep in mind what we are attempting, use what we know and don't be afraid to take chances on

the rest.  Math can only take us so far then it's up to God to decide the rest.  Does God roll dice?  I think Niles

RL

Thumbs UpI Agree!

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    4083 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:22 am - IP Logged

G

I see that line B had 7-ID's, 0-1-3-4-5-6-7-and and 5-BD's.  perfect for a pick-6 game.

Hitting 3 numbers in there correct positions,  A+++.  4th number one digit off.

keep it up.

RL

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      4083 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Steve

How hard would it be to do this for back digit BD and non-BD pairs showing  total hits and games out. 

When I get time I am going to code it just to see what it looks like.

RL

Krypton
                        United States
                        Member #140102
                        March 11, 2013
                        904 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Skyline,

No excuses.....

8 21 33 37 42 50

Good job G. I missed B1 and B6. Had the 8 disregarded it "thinking" I knew it would be odd. Had thought B 6 would be 51. Had 47 and 49 on 2 other lines.  Played 20 lines. I'll learn this new digits system. I can see it's benefit. I just have to wrap my brain around FD and BD EO. That's what threw me off on B1 plus knowing mirrors like to repeat. Errrr.... I had told a buddy of mine and he reminded me last night AFTER the draw what I told him about mirrors. He got B1 B2 B5 B6.   If we only collaborated before the draw lol

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          904 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2015, 7:59 am - IP Logged

G, WTG! Thumbs Up

RL

So true RL. I've always said We pick our numbers and G-D laughs and says no not that one. We make our plans and he laughs. Only he knows ..... I've just ask him each time to whisper them to me lol. Sad thing he has and I still didn't listen. Lol

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5760 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2015, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Skyline,

No excuses.....

8 21 33 37 42 50

Think you had a typo there gary. the last number was 49, not 50.

In the Texas lotto game, there are 6 decades in the game. Singles, teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's. Going back through each draw over the years, most of the draws have 4 decades that are in play. Wednesday night's draw had all 6 decades in play, which is extremely rare. Like RL, and gary are doing, I think we are all looking for ways to pick numbers, and also for ways to cut the odds. One thing I try to do, (except when I get lazy and buy a QP), is eliminate playing 50's, and one other decade.

You still have to pick the right numbers, and guess??? the right decades to play, but the end result eliminating a group of numbers eliminates millions of combinations.

Playing from a pool of 39 numbers instead of 54 means going from 25,827,165 combinations to 3,262,623 combinations.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Krypton
                              United States
                              Member #140102
                              March 11, 2013
                              904 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2015, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Excel file for Missouri 5/39 Show Me 5 Lottery Game

https://copy.com/Crg7nhu4uFSEaGH6

MO639

Winsum,

Excellent spreadsheet you have done AGAIN!!  Thank you so much for your efforts.  I am curious can you or any ones explain wheat you ay do for the next upcoming draw?  I am trying to understand what logic you all may use in picking understanding its guess work but then again I feel some is not and based upon statistics and thoughts

Thanks

Sky

Page 3 of 13