Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Taking the Mystery out of Picking Numbers (jackpot games)

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SkyLine69.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3971 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Is the lottery predictable?  In theory time travel is possible so I have to say yes.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2015, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Is the lottery predictable?  In theory time travel is possible so I have to say yes.

RL

"In theory time travel is possible so I have to say yes."

Since time travel is only a theory, doesn't that means anything based on it is only a theory too?  Proving one exists doesn't prove the other exists.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3971 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2015, 3:46 am - IP Logged

It depends on who you believe, some say time travel has already been achieved.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2015, 11:39 am - IP Logged

It depends on who you believe, some say time travel has already been achieved.

RL

Are these "some" who say this creditable?

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          3971 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2015, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Creditable to whom. 

RL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2015, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Creditable to whom. 

RL

I assume creditable to you if you choose to believe them.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3971 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

It takes more than just a belief for me to think something like that is possible and I am not talking

about googling you-tube videos.   That's all I am going to say.

P.S.  Let me ask you this, where does time go?  Does it pass away, does it burn up or just cease to

exist?

RL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2015, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

It takes more than just a belief for me to think something like that is possible and I am not talking

about googling you-tube videos.   That's all I am going to say.

P.S.  Let me ask you this, where does time go?  Does it pass away, does it burn up or just cease to

exist?

RL

No where, it's constant.

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1692 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2015, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

No where, it's constant.

I subscribe to the theory either we never learn to manipulate time or for some reason we don't. It's also possible we never develop it passed a certain point, where travel is limited to a decade or something. (Of course if travel were limited to a decade we could bring the technology back a decade to the point we were able to reach our goal).

The reasoning behind the idea that we never develop time travel is if we had at any point in the future did, why would we not bring clean energy to past generations, or the technology to prevent/reduce the smog/pollution, and the greenhouse gases?

It would make no sense to have time travel and not use it to prevent or reduce all the major things that will effect every person on the planet.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                    Member #132100
                    August 26, 2012
                    1076 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2015, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I subscribe to the theory either we never learn to manipulate time or for some reason we don't. It's also possible we never develop it passed a certain point, where travel is limited to a decade or something. (Of course if travel were limited to a decade we could bring the technology back a decade to the point we were able to reach our goal).

The reasoning behind the idea that we never develop time travel is if we had at any point in the future did, why would we not bring clean energy to past generations, or the technology to prevent/reduce the smog/pollution, and the greenhouse gases?

It would make no sense to have time travel and not use it to prevent or reduce all the major things that will effect every person on the planet.

Very sorry to go off-thread like this:

I think that in order for a future to be as it is or will be, the past most also be as it was, because if the past was changed, that future  that would be, would no longer be in that way and if it would no longer be in that way, that future could no longer change the past in that way, so that change would never had happened.

So what really is that the past can't be changed by the future and the future can only be made by what happened in the past.

The great truth is that at all times (always) there is only the PRESENT, there is no past to go to and there is no future to go to, the present is always present as that is all that it is.

The past is not a physical thing nor is the future, the present is ever-present or omnipresent.

We can only exist in the present moment as we move forward what happened or what was becomes the past, but there is never a future, there is only the present time.

When we think about what might be or what we think that will be, that is the possible future or not possible future, but there is always what is and what was and all that exists is the present.

We go to the future only as we move forward and always it is not the future because as we are then on it, it is the present, so as time moves forward we travel in time towards the future, but we can't move backwards towards the past, as the past is gone forever, just as our present and the future to be will in time becomes the past and once it is the past it is beyond our reach forever.

There is no past to go to, there is only the future to go to and we can't ever be in the past nor in the future as we are always in the present time.

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3971 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2015, 5:21 am - IP Logged

High strangeness.

Not really off topic as it pertains to foreknowledge of what the next drawing will be.  At the risk of

sounding like a nut, I have witnessed it.  To travel within time is not like taking a trip but rather being

able to view events both past and future.  We cannot effect the past as it's written in stone so to say. 

The future is what it is and what it will be.

RL

United States
                        Member #132100
                        August 26, 2012
                        1076 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2015, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

We have been able to forecast the future at times, not because we saw the future, but because when we so the past (draws), we saw cause and effect and that allowed us to make probability predictions, that didn't have anything to do with the so called supernatural (the mystic stuff), we understand that if you get hit hard on the head the chances of a headache are great, that if you don't eat, you get hungry, we try (tried) to make probability forecasts by reason of cause and effect, nothing magical about it, I only saw the past that I lived thru it and I sure can't see the future nor have I ever, it is the scientific art of prediction (probability prediction) probability based on my own reason, which often or at least sometimes is faulty and thus the prediction(s) fail.

After all, unlike GOD's mind, my own is very limited, I hardly see, hardly understand and hardly know.

Still I think that it is not too bad.

I do believe in the "Oracles at Delphi" and also in "Nostradamus", but mostly I believe in the scientific method of prediction.

Luck? I never made any accurate predictions by "luck", it was always by future probability as I myself saw probability and I don't see probability very well, so I didn't always predict right.

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1692 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2015, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

We have been able to forecast the future at times, not because we saw the future, but because when we so the past (draws), we saw cause and effect and that allowed us to make probability predictions, that didn't have anything to do with the so called supernatural (the mystic stuff), we understand that if you get hit hard on the head the chances of a headache are great, that if you don't eat, you get hungry, we try (tried) to make probability forecasts by reason of cause and effect, nothing magical about it, I only saw the past that I lived thru it and I sure can't see the future nor have I ever, it is the scientific art of prediction (probability prediction) probability based on my own reason, which often or at least sometimes is faulty and thus the prediction(s) fail.

After all, unlike GOD's mind, my own is very limited, I hardly see, hardly understand and hardly know.

Still I think that it is not too bad.

I do believe in the "Oracles at Delphi" and also in "Nostradamus", but mostly I believe in the scientific method of prediction.

Luck? I never made any accurate predictions by "luck", it was always by future probability as I myself saw probability and I don't see probability very well, so I didn't always predict right.

I tend to think that time travel is a possibility when we talk about astral projection, that is, not physically being there. And what people call ghosts are a glimpse of those who are traveling by projection.

It may be the only time travel we ever develop.

In your other post, you referred to changing the future by changing something in the past. In my mind getting a traveller from one time to another changed the past the moment he arrives. 

If he gets on a bus, he changes the schedule the bus was on. Once he sits, he's taken a seat that would occupied by another passenger. If he says hi to a stranger, he's altered their day.

If he goes out to eat, his order displaces those those after. Again, he takes a seat that would occupied by another diner.

So just being there, he has altered time.

It would seem if stepping on a butterfly, an idea often used to show how the change in the smallest detail could significantly change the future, then he steps on the butterfly the moment his physical body appears in the past.

If he alters time to the pint there is no time travel, then it would appear he would cease to exist, completely, or be snapped back into his own time with no knowledge of his journey.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3971 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2015, 4:38 am - IP Logged

Guys

What I am talking about is more akin to a crystal ball than a DeLorean DMC-12 with a flux capacitor.

Can the psychical body travel around in time, maybe, I don't know.   The way it was explained to me

is that the realm we exist in is not quite what we think it is.   There are all sorts of theories around

about time travel but none that interest me.   The now as we know it is something like cache memory

and the future is a very reliable prediction algorithm.   Is this algorithm 100%, yes and no. The small

stuff has it's own sort of rounding function but the main stuff is solid.  We can only effect so much in

our daily lives and as such we think our actions can change the future somehow.   If Einstein had fallen

off that buss and killed would we have relativity, yes, without a doubt. 

RL

Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1692 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2015, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Guys

What I am talking about is more akin to a crystal ball than a DeLorean DMC-12 with a flux capacitor.

Can the psychical body travel around in time, maybe, I don't know.   The way it was explained to me

is that the realm we exist in is not quite what we think it is.   There are all sorts of theories around

about time travel but none that interest me.   The now as we know it is something like cache memory

and the future is a very reliable prediction algorithm.   Is this algorithm 100%, yes and no. The small

stuff has it's own sort of rounding function but the main stuff is solid.  We can only effect so much in

our daily lives and as such we think our actions can change the future somehow.   If Einstein had fallen

off that buss and killed would we have relativity, yes, without a doubt. 

RL

I agree. The mind is more powerful than we can imagine.

Nostradamus supposedly peered into a vessel of water or some concoction when writing his quatrains.

Edgar Cayce would go into sleep/trances.

Pythias (Oracle of Delphi) drank and bathed in holy water, inhaled fumes before giving her answers while in a trance.

There are/were people with abilities. Maybe we all have them in latent fashion. Maybe we;ve lost them as a result of dealing with the present, or convinced ourselves we can't possibly have them since science can't confirm them.

Of course, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. - Carl Sagan

Page 6 of 13