Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Taking the Mystery out of Picking Numbers (jackpot games)

Topic closed. 191 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SkyLine69.

Page 12 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1701 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2015, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

"Nope not ashamed at all I used line numbers in the NEXT statements. Yep. I'm older than  BASIC (and COBOL and FORTRAN for those who never knew "caveman" languages)."

I too use line numbers since all my programs were written in GWBasic, but as I'm getting more familiar with QB64 I'm starting to avoid them more when I don't need them.

OMG! Don't get started on GWBASIC and a Tandy EX 1000. 256k of RAM. LOL AMBER monitor (like almost before COLOR)!

These guys will think we survived the last ice age.

I still use anything that makes my life simpler.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19828 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2015, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

OMG! Don't get started on GWBASIC and a Tandy EX 1000. 256k of RAM. LOL AMBER monitor (like almost before COLOR)!

These guys will think we survived the last ice age.

I still use anything that makes my life simpler.

I first leaned Basic on a TI-99 before getting a Vic20 and moving to a Commode64 and then a Tandy 1000.  Tandy had a version of PC Basic which allowed me to have a split screen in my lottery program which I had to rewrite for GWBasic when I replaced my Tandy 1000.  I even brought a board that expanded my Tandy RAM to 640K which cost more than ten 32G flash drives today.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3972 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2015, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

DO-LOOPS are faster than For-Next statements.  I use tons of goto-labels which are about the same as line numbers.

Might not be what the new-guys on the block consider proper code but who gives a $hit what they think.  I don't even

use line indention as it looks like a big mess.   My focus is on speed and accuracy, nothing else matters.

RL.

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3972 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2015, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

RJ

I made that same upgrade, had to plug IC's into the motherboard.  I also had a 16mb hard drive

mounted on a ISA card.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1701 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2015, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

RJ

I made that same upgrade, had to plug IC's into the motherboard.  I also had a 16mb hard drive

mounted on a ISA card.

RL

You guys.......LOL

Imagine getting up from your grandpa nap and seeing this stuff......lol

I remember the old plug in board where you bought 16 pin ICs and plugged them in for expanded memory.

I'll be dreaming about those toys tonight.

People don't realize we have more power today than was used by the space shuttle which used a whopping one megabyte of ram......LOL

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Krypton
            United States
            Member #140102
            March 11, 2013
            891 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2015, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations!
            My substitution workout is beginning to show some interesting events that could be beneficial for me in future.
            I'm a late comer to 2Step and my tracking charts are rather sparse.
            I've studied the tracking trends in hopes of finding the clues you may have used, but nothing significant so far.
            Have couple of questions, if you don't mind.
            1. Did you play more than 4 sets?? If so, explain.
            2. Do you study the Pre-Tests?
            It good to think that someday I might have a significant 2Step win with a minimum investment.
            I had the 4 and BB 11 on same line for $7.
            I used a 11 integer wheel with 11 sets.
            Have a good one.

Bobby ,

i do not use anything else from the lottery or another person to help me besides the numbers that are drawn   I use the history to determine my patterns   I've tried combining other systems with mine and my subconscious mind would ALWAYS say

"do you doubt your own system ?" why are you looking for another when you know you already have the best ?"

id find myself digging even more into my own work building my confidence , TELLING myself "you've got the best system" "your a genius" " you need little sleep" "your going to win MULTIPLE Jackpots"

The hardest thing I had to overcome is KNOWING this could be accomplished. Think about this ..... Do you THINK you can win the jackpot ? Or do you keep having doubts?  My strategy is KNOWING I CAN do this

now, this being said, I enjoy to see what others are doing and back read a lot. There is always something one can learn. I've never been one for "give me numbers" don't get me wrong, worked I like someone to give me all the winning jackpot numbers? Who wouldn't lol   I like to do the workouts. If I get numbers from otters there's always that thought in the back of my mind .... I hope I win. When I do my own numbers ... I KNOW I'm going to win .... It's a mindset one needs to overcome if they ever expect to win. Keep saying that you never win and the that's what you will get ... Never winning.   It's not until you BELIEVE you've won you will actually win 

i know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear but that's what I do and I ALWAYS win. Of course it took me 3 long years and 70+ hours a week of programming, studying and SELF hypnosis to get this far 

good luck

almost forgot. I pkayed 20 lines Bobby.  Every line had 2 or 4 plus 30-35. I KNEW 30-35 was correct   That's why I can sit back and say "it's not random".  Now , it may be to some ppl but to me it's not. Think about this.....if it were random you probably couldn't figure anything out.  Only guess ... Like most do. For ME I've CONVINCED MYSELF it's not so I KNOW what the numbers are. Just like any test we take after we study .... Some answers we get correct while others we don't.  Then ask yourself l why did I miss that one ... Hmmmm....understand my logic Bobby?

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

Krypton
              United States
              Member #140102
              March 11, 2013
              891 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2015, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Skyline

I think you sent me some information but I was not able to work out just how you came to your conclusions.

I can't say for sure as I have gotten many PM's but I think I remember yours.  Like you say, it's the "why we

chose this value over another" that makes the difference.  I sometimes do a workout and make one choice

then later come back and change it.  Sometimes it works sometimes not.  I think you have a great attitude

and hope you continue to do well.   It's like we know full well what we are doing, Just don't ask us to put it

in words others can understand. LOL

RL

I did but I've slept since then too lol.  I've sent my pick 3/4 systems to several folks on LP but not many followed through with it because IMHO you have to study and work a it. It's not a numbers generator. M still learning it.  The more I study , the better I get , the more. Learn.  Like you RL. As programmers / systems writers no one gives us the instructions lol. We figure out what were thinking and then once it's produced we sit back and think someone. Lol. For me it's ...... I try and figure out the patterns in my outputs and hiw can I use them to determine what to plays nex

Stay In The Vortex, you'll be happy you did ..... Random? Seriously? You want me to believe that?

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3972 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2015, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Gary

The bad thing is that I thought it would be impossible to ever fill that 16mb hard drive up.

Talk about lack of forward thinking.  I remember dreaming of the day I would get me one

of those new dual 5-1/4 -3.5 1.44mb floppy disk drives.  WOW, that was a major upgrade.   

RL

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                  San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2015, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Bobby ,

i do not use anything else from the lottery or another person to help me besides the numbers that are drawn   I use the history to determine my patterns   I've tried combining other systems with mine and my subconscious mind would ALWAYS say

"do you doubt your own system ?" why are you looking for another when you know you already have the best ?"

id find myself digging even more into my own work building my confidence , TELLING myself "you've got the best system" "your a genius" " you need little sleep" "your going to win MULTIPLE Jackpots"

The hardest thing I had to overcome is KNOWING this could be accomplished. Think about this ..... Do you THINK you can win the jackpot ? Or do you keep having doubts?  My strategy is KNOWING I CAN do this

now, this being said, I enjoy to see what others are doing and back read a lot. There is always something one can learn. I've never been one for "give me numbers" don't get me wrong, worked I like someone to give me all the winning jackpot numbers? Who wouldn't lol   I like to do the workouts. If I get numbers from otters there's always that thought in the back of my mind .... I hope I win. When I do my own numbers ... I KNOW I'm going to win .... It's a mindset one needs to overcome if they ever expect to win. Keep saying that you never win and the that's what you will get ... Never winning.   It's not until you BELIEVE you've won you will actually win 

i know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear but that's what I do and I ALWAYS win. Of course it took me 3 long years and 70+ hours a week of programming, studying and SELF hypnosis to get this far 

good luck

almost forgot. I pkayed 20 lines Bobby.  Every line had 2 or 4 plus 30-35. I KNEW 30-35 was correct   That's why I can sit back and say "it's not random".  Now , it may be to some ppl but to me it's not. Think about this.....if it were random you probably couldn't figure anything out.  Only guess ... Like most do. For ME I've CONVINCED MYSELF it's not so I KNOW what the numbers are. Just like any test we take after we study .... Some answers we get correct while others we don't.  Then ask yourself l why did I miss that one ... Hmmmm....understand my logic Bobby?

Thanks for your reply.
                  I've been working on my substitution methods for a very long time.
                  I do this because I know deep down that one day I'll make all the right choices and feel good about a significant win.
                  My recent wins are of a non-jackpot nature, but, I'm winning consistently enough to make it all worthwhile.
                  Otherwise, what's the point.
                  I'm sorry that you think I'm seeking to learn your methods or to get some free numbers, which is the main reason why a lot of folks visit LP.
                  There is ample evidence that I've posted the details about my methods, but, what I do is rather radical compared to what others do.
                  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to convince anyone that my methods are sound.
                  It seems most folks are comfortable copying mathematical and statistical models that haven't worked for 20+ years.
                  As for the last 2step drawing, my data also suggested 30 and 35 would be good integers. However, I chose 30, 32 and 34.
                  The 2 and 4 were among the 3 single digits I had in my 11-number wheel.
                  Having 3 of 4 of the so-called white numbers plus the bonus ball was pretty good guesswork, even if I say so myself.
                  But only two were on the same line.
                  My methods for choosing the bonus balls are paying off, but not every draw.
                  Bottom line, I just thought those of us who care needed to know more about your plays, so I asked.
                  I figured you played more than 4 sets, and you confirmed that you did.
                  I hope you keep winning!

Krypton
                    United States
                    Member #140102
                    March 11, 2013
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2015, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Thank you Skyline! May be Sunday. No plans at this point.

RJOH

Made some small mistakes in the math. The answer to the question  is.....

10,510,150 total combinations from lowest to highest using the proposed 1-20, 3-25, 5-35, 15-40, 20-45 and 25-49 data sets.

Here's the breakdown of numbers by position. Far right column is total hits in all positions. (note:row 25 appears twice. ignore one of them)

Actually I started out on the wrong foot trying to equate the values with a 1 to X equivalent.....didn't work that easy. Even then I should have subtracted 1 from all but the 6 position. That would have brought us down to about 165,000,000.

Next, as the above charts show you don't have equal results for each digit. The sets produced are then thrown out of kilter.

The numbers here are accurate using the data given.  At 55 lines a page, 66 spaces per line, it would take 64,365 pages, or 128 reams of paper to print all the combinations.

Considering I've already spent about 1/2 hour to write and the same to run, (slowed it to make sure it wasn't skipping count) I'll pass on the printing.

G,

Correction, my boss (my wife) just told me I am working today LOL or hanging out I guess lol so If you have the time I will be at our cafe till at least 1 or 2 p.m. today

In the meantime here is my BOLD statement LOL, next BB for Two Step WILL be one of the 27,30,33

Good luck y'all!!!

Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1701 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2015, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

G,

Correction, my boss (my wife) just told me I am working today LOL or hanging out I guess lol so If you have the time I will be at our cafe till at least 1 or 2 p.m. today

In the meantime here is my BOLD statement LOL, next BB for Two Step WILL be one of the 27,30,33

Good luck y'all!!!

Here's a bonus for my failing to make it over....

What we have here is every triple in the matrix and the position it falls in.

DR=Draws; 1ST,2ND,3RD = 3 numbers that make up the triple; FT = total hits in the matrix; 123,124,134,234 are the positions where the triples hit. 123 = the first,second and third position; 124 = first, second, fourth; 234 would be the second, third, and fourth. % is the percentage of the time the triple hits in each position throughout the matrix.

That's half the fun......

This is the right half the chart. Same stuff. But for every draw so far (pretests and live draws combined)....

Don't know if you need it or not, but I've uploaded it to Box for you.

How would you use it? Maybe you have three numbers and you wonder what the best position to play them is. Scroll down, find the three numbers and look at the hits or the percentage. Same for the game chart. Wondering how any set of three numbers have performed, scroll down, find the three number, look at the total hit, or hits by each position or the percentages.

Make up your own ideas.....lol

I'm working on the pairs charts now.

The link is

Here is the chart

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2015, 11:24 am - IP Logged

DO-LOOPS are faster than For-Next statements.  I use tons of goto-labels which are about the same as line numbers.

Might not be what the new-guys on the block consider proper code but who gives a $hit what they think.  I don't even

use line indention as it looks like a big mess.   My focus is on speed and accuracy, nothing else matters.

RL.

On the old 8808 machines with 640K of memory,  writing faster and more efficient  routines made a big different but on today's machines with their increased memory and speed they made little difference to hobbiests like myself who  write programs for personal use only.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2015, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply.
                          I've been working on my substitution methods for a very long time.
                          I do this because I know deep down that one day I'll make all the right choices and feel good about a significant win.
                          My recent wins are of a non-jackpot nature, but, I'm winning consistently enough to make it all worthwhile.
                          Otherwise, what's the point.
                          I'm sorry that you think I'm seeking to learn your methods or to get some free numbers, which is the main reason why a lot of folks visit LP.
                          There is ample evidence that I've posted the details about my methods, but, what I do is rather radical compared to what others do.
                          Unfortunately, I haven't been able to convince anyone that my methods are sound.
                          It seems most folks are comfortable copying mathematical and statistical models that haven't worked for 20+ years.
                          As for the last 2step drawing, my data also suggested 30 and 35 would be good integers. However, I chose 30, 32 and 34.
                          The 2 and 4 were among the 3 single digits I had in my 11-number wheel.
                          Having 3 of 4 of the so-called white numbers plus the bonus ball was pretty good guesswork, even if I say so myself.
                          But only two were on the same line.
                          My methods for choosing the bonus balls are paying off, but not every draw.
                          Bottom line, I just thought those of us who care needed to know more about your plays, so I asked.
                          I figured you played more than 4 sets, and you confirmed that you did.
                          I hope you keep winning!

Sorry for late reply.  The other night my excel locked up so bad I had to do a hard restart and then went to the blue screen of death so needless to say I'm reloading windows as we speak.  Since I downgraded to windows 10 ...yes DOWNGRADED...Lmy life has been a you know what with Microsoft.  Anyways, my xcel files became corrupt as well. Errrrr

i wanted you to know Bobby I was in no way of accusing YOU of just wanting numbers. I wee and KNOW how hard you work at this too so I'm sorry if it came across like that.  As a matter of fact no one on this post doesn't waotk any harder.   Was mostly thinking the pick 3/4 folks lol. Again apologies .....

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1701 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2015, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Sorry for late reply.  The other night my excel locked up so bad I had to do a hard restart and then went to the blue screen of death so needless to say I'm reloading windows as we speak.  Since I downgraded to windows 10 ...yes DOWNGRADED...Lmy life has been a you know what with Microsoft.  Anyways, my xcel files became corrupt as well. Errrrr

i wanted you to know Bobby I was in no way of accusing YOU of just wanting numbers. I wee and KNOW how hard you work at this too so I'm sorry if it came across like that.  As a matter of fact no one on this post doesn't waotk any harder.   Was mostly thinking the pick 3/4 folks lol. Again apologies .....

BSOD! (Blue Screen of DEATH!)

Not a fun thing Larry. Seen a couple of those.

In my case, almost always a hardware issue like the hard drive going bad.

Hope that's not happening in your case.

I do wish it were a software issue on this hot water heater too. Going to go get another thermocouple and if that don't work, need to win 2Step to get a new one. My neighbor says they have replaced theirs three times in 8 years.

Good Luck!

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #4924
                              June 3, 2004
                              5898 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2015, 7:00 am - IP Logged

BSOD! (Blue Screen of DEATH!)

Not a fun thing Larry. Seen a couple of those.

In my case, almost always a hardware issue like the hard drive going bad.

Hope that's not happening in your case.

I do wish it were a software issue on this hot water heater too. Going to go get another thermocouple and if that don't work, need to win 2Step to get a new one. My neighbor says they have replaced theirs three times in 8 years.

Good Luck!

Had my water heater replaced last year. Paid $40 out of the box. I had joined my power company replacement program, three months earlier, cost me $5 each month extra.

Page 12 of 13