Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you ready for the attention?

Topic closed. 184 replies. Last post 11 months ago by AlecWest.

Page 13 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY want to win a billion dollar jackpot?

Yes [ 79 ]  [70.54%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.50%]
Would rather share such a huge prize. [ 19 ]  [16.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 112 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
AlecWest's avatar - alec
Vader, Washington
United States
Member #29697
January 5, 2006
108 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2016, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

obviously ISIS are a danger, but us homegrown terrorists are a bigger threat to us americans right now. Geographially speaking.

Did you read about China's plan for a high speed train from Berlin to Beijing? Slight caveat: routing right through Afghanistan. Green laugh

All things considered, China's plan has merit.  If ISIS, al Queda, or the Taliban mess with the U.S.A., we'd form Congressional committees to discuss options.  But if they messed with China?  Somehow, I don't think of China as a country that would adhere to the Marquess of Queensberry rules (grin).  And if China decided to take direct action against terrorists, who would stop them (or want to stop them)?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    935 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Hehehe.  Assuming I could get over my ISIS paranoia, this would be my "dream trip" on the Orient Express.

That would be quite the excursion but going into Turkey........I have my druthers.

Isis paranoia, exactly what THEY want for Americans if they can't kill us.

AlecWest's avatar - alec
      Vader, Washington
      United States
      Member #29697
      January 5, 2006
      108 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2016, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

That would be quite the excursion but going into Turkey........I have my druthers.

Isis paranoia, exactly what THEY want for Americans if they can't kill us.

Yup.  If I really had a death wish, I'd fly to Israel and wear a trenchcoat into the Palestinian territory.  Once beyond the border gate, I'd remove the trenchcoat to reveal a tee-shirt with a big blue Star of David on one side and the words "ZIONISM FOREVER" on the other side ... walking down the main street singing "Hava Nagila" (grin).  Any bets on how long I'd last, hehehe (he asked, setting his pocket egg-timer)?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        935 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2016, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Israel is another place I would have loved to visit.  No, no bets, I think we both know the ending on that one. 

AlecWest's avatar - alec
          Vader, Washington
          United States
          Member #29697
          January 5, 2006
          108 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2016, 4:13 am - IP Logged

Oh, well, the dream is over (for now) unless you happen to be one of the three lucky winners.  Three people split the Powerball jackpot - one in California, one in Tennessee, and one in Florida.

Page 13 of 13