Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you ready for the attention?

Topic closed. 184 replies. Last post 2 years ago by AlecWest.

Page 5 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY want to win a billion dollar jackpot?

Yes [ 79 ]  [70.54%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.50%]
Would rather share such a huge prize. [ 19 ]  [16.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 112 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
1211 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Okay, okay. I propose a contest to settle this. We both win a large jackpot and whoever stays out of the press the longest wins. Prize to be determined.

I've read about 50 books this year and I still have another 300 in my queue on my Kindle I haven't gotten to yet. The Tudor Court series and Paulo Coelho slowed me down considerably.  I need to catch up on the latest seasons of Orange Is The New Black, House of Cards, Downton Abbey and Vikings. Plus The Sims has a new game and expansion pack out. 

I guarantee I'll out-homebody you without missing a beat.   Boxing

Ok you're on!  Hahahahahahahaaha.

I will need a win to build a library to house all my books.  I do read ebooks but prefer to have something in hand.  I have to say 50 books this year is impressive. 

My tv watching is intellectually superior to your viewing however.  Duck Dynasty, Gold Rush, HGTV (lot less watching now), The Animal Planet and History Channel, Extreme Houseboats and Log Cabins are high on my list.  I stop at Hoarders and my 600 lb life.  You got me on gaming.

Give me nice warm weather with NO DARN SNOW AND ICE and I will be "back to the islands" and "out on the plantation" with Leon Russell. 

Poke 

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ
    (1+sqrt(5))/2

United States
    Member #106923
    February 27, 2011
    527 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I will need a win to build a library to house all my books.  I do read ebooks but prefer to have something in hand.  I have to say 50 books this year is impressive. 

My tv watching is intellectually superior to your viewing however.  Duck Dynasty, Gold Rush, HGTV (lot less watching now), The Animal Planet and History Channel, Extreme Houseboats and Log Cabins are high on my list.  I stop at Hoarders and my 600 lb life.  You got me on gaming.

Give me nice warm weather with NO DARN SNOW AND ICE and I will be "back to the islands" and "out on the plantation" with Leon Russell. 

Poke 

Okay you two.  Obviously an official referee is in order.  Though the task will obviously involve quite some time, possibly even a decade or two, I will reluctantly offer up my services (for a minor fee of $100,000 per year, with a contract satisfaction clause of $1 million dollars, and a buyout factor of 110% of remaining pre-negotiated compensation agreements, travel expenses extra).  It is important a satisfactory resolution agreeable to both parties be at hand, and I will observe to the best of my ability and report on a monthly basis.  Remember though, you both will be incognito, as will I during the match, so you won't see me (all compensation must be received by the first of each month, regardless of appearance or justification.  Failure to do so will result in a late payment fee equal to the remainder portion based on a per day failure rate) however, I will be around.  Let the games begin!

Hurray!

I'm feeling a $312,000,000.00 jackpot win coming my way!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1339 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2015, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Poke 

I never thought I'd say this, because I used to daydream about my perfect library, but after going to ebooks, it's pretty hard to switch back to a real book. Thought I'd miss the feel of the pages on my fingertips, but I don't. Ebooks are so much better. So I no longer need that 2-story mahogany lined library. Maybe I'll have one built for you as your consolation prize when you lose to me. Yes Nod

Haven't played any of The Sims/Sim City games in a LONG while because it's like crack to me. I'd play all day long if I could. But I'll revive that addiction if I have to, to beat you on this.

Loaned my laptop to my cousin one day and when I got it back one of the Sims I had going to college was knocked up by some loser who didn't want a wife or kids and she was too tired to study. Took me the rest of the weekend to fix that. Playing God is really engrossing.

Admit defeat now and I'll go easy on you. You're not winning with Duck Dynasty and Gold Rush marathons.

I too would prefer Cersei Lannister to Tiny Hands. She always pays her debts, hasn't filed 6 bankruptcies and is educated enough to know Nambia isn't a country.

travelintrucker's avatar - morph
        Greenville, SC
        United States
        Member #169870
        November 4, 2015
        374 Posts
        Posted: November 30, 2015, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't Ed Nabors one of them? Every time I pass Dalton, GA, I think of him.

May the balls bounce in your favor!

Greenville, SC
          United States
          Member #169870
          November 4, 2015
          374 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2015, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm not scared of winning a billion dollars. Some people wouldn't be able to handle all of the media attention.

Greenville, SC
            United States
            Member #169870
            November 4, 2015
            374 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I, for one wouldn't give in to kidnappers. Doing so would be an invitation to kidnap more family members.

Greenville, SC
              United States
              Member #169870
              November 4, 2015
              374 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2015, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Hot lotto is like that. Taxes paid. Advertised amount is what you get paid. It's only in a few select states. Tennessee and West Virginia are the closest states to me that sell them. I try to load up on draws when I get to those states.

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1339 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2015, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I, for one wouldn't give in to kidnappers. Doing so would be an invitation to kidnap more family members.

What happens if you're the one who gets kidnapped? Or even if you aren't, would you be able to live with yourself if a loved one died because you wouldn't pay the ransom? To me that's like telling an armed robber you won't hand over the cash in the register in order  to dissuade him from robbing in the future. 

There's a reason cops advise lottery winners to take out kidnapping insurance. Losing money should be of less importance than losing a life.

I too would prefer Cersei Lannister to Tiny Hands. She always pays her debts, hasn't filed 6 bankruptcies and is educated enough to know Nambia isn't a country.

United States
                  Member #118609
                  November 4, 2011
                  1211 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2015, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Okay you two.  Obviously an official referee is in order.  Though the task will obviously involve quite some time, possibly even a decade or two, I will reluctantly offer up my services (for a minor fee of $100,000 per year, with a contract satisfaction clause of $1 million dollars, and a buyout factor of 110% of remaining pre-negotiated compensation agreements, travel expenses extra).  It is important a satisfactory resolution agreeable to both parties be at hand, and I will observe to the best of my ability and report on a monthly basis.  Remember though, you both will be incognito, as will I during the match, so you won't see me (all compensation must be received by the first of each month, regardless of appearance or justification.  Failure to do so will result in a late payment fee equal to the remainder portion based on a per day failure rate) however, I will be around.  Let the games begin!

Hurray!

Realtorjim, it appears your expertise may be needed.  Teddi isnt going to go silently into the nite. 

I do believe your compensation may need to be tweaked a tad.  That late fee is pretty steep and satisfaction clause is not anything I have ever encountered before.  No slack for your best lottery winner friend?

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    1211 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2015, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I never thought I'd say this, because I used to daydream about my perfect library, but after going to ebooks, it's pretty hard to switch back to a real book. Thought I'd miss the feel of the pages on my fingertips, but I don't. Ebooks are so much better. So I no longer need that 2-story mahogany lined library. Maybe I'll have one built for you as your consolation prize when you lose to me. Yes Nod

Haven't played any of The Sims/Sim City games in a LONG while because it's like crack to me. I'd play all day long if I could. But I'll revive that addiction if I have to, to beat you on this.

Loaned my laptop to my cousin one day and when I got it back one of the Sims I had going to college was knocked up by some loser who didn't want a wife or kids and she was too tired to study. Took me the rest of the weekend to fix that. Playing God is really engrossing.

Admit defeat now and I'll go easy on you. You're not winning with Duck Dynasty and Gold Rush marathons.

Nah, I am NOT ready to concede, think I will stick it out.  Your playing God didnt put the fear into me. 

That consolation prize of a mahogany library sounds very nice.  In fact, if my new mansion doesnt have one, I will have one built so thanks for the description.  I will make sure it has the rolling ladder as well.  Unfortunately I donated quite a lot of my books to the local library here so I have a lot of making up to do.   Being THE winner, I will have lots of home time to do so.  Online sales and deliveries work very well and can add dvd's movies, comedies, tv series (i.e. Duck Dynasty and Gold Rush) to my arsenal.

We now or soon will have a third party mediator so dont try any funny stuff.Green laugh

Greenville, SC
                      United States
                      Member #169870
                      November 4, 2015
                      374 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2015, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Can't give in to people like that. You will have a bulls-eye on you.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ
                        (1+sqrt(5))/2

United States
                        Member #106923
                        February 27, 2011
                        527 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2015, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Realtorjim, it appears your expertise may be needed.  Teddi isnt going to go silently into the nite. 

I do believe your compensation may need to be tweaked a tad.  That late fee is pretty steep and satisfaction clause is not anything I have ever encountered before.  No slack for your best lottery winner friend?

Okay, I agree it may have been a bit overcompensated.  I'll settle for a few orts that may hit the floor from time to time.  Teddi does seem to be a tough cookie.  Obviously she doesn't go anywhere.  Look at that pile of money she is leaning on.  Heck, I'd be afraid to go out and check the mail with a pile of cash like that on my living room floor.  However, I don't think she knows about the innate ability of a man to automatically go into "sloth mode".  Put a fridge by the favorite chair, within view of the tv, with a light on the left side, a bookshelf on the right, a blanket draped on the back of the chair, an ottoman in the front, and a remote control positioned by the laptop, and a man can go for years without seeing the light of day.  I say arrange for the chinese takeout and pizza delivery guys to have a front door key.  Tip a couple extra bucks to have them walk it across the living room.  I don't think Teddi would have a chance.  Remember the movie dumb and dumber where Jim Carrey spends 20 years in a care facility as a practical joke?  THAT is the drastic lengths we are capable of going to!

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1339 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2015, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Okay, I agree it may have been a bit overcompensated.  I'll settle for a few orts that may hit the floor from time to time.  Teddi does seem to be a tough cookie.  Obviously she doesn't go anywhere.  Look at that pile of money she is leaning on.  Heck, I'd be afraid to go out and check the mail with a pile of cash like that on my living room floor.  However, I don't think she knows about the innate ability of a man to automatically go into "sloth mode".  Put a fridge by the favorite chair, within view of the tv, with a light on the left side, a bookshelf on the right, a blanket draped on the back of the chair, an ottoman in the front, and a remote control positioned by the laptop, and a man can go for years without seeing the light of day.  I say arrange for the chinese takeout and pizza delivery guys to have a front door key.  Tip a couple extra bucks to have them walk it across the living room.  I don't think Teddi would have a chance.  Remember the movie dumb and dumber where Jim Carrey spends 20 years in a care facility as a practical joke?  THAT is the drastic lengths we are capable of going to!

I've been around enough guys to have witnessed sloth mode. Pfft. How hard can that be? As a female (in my head), I have the ability to come up with ways to fix the world's problems while carrying on numerous conversations with myself. Compared to that, sloth mode would be a cake walk.

(1+sqrt(5))/2

United States
                            Member #106923
                            February 27, 2011
                            527 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2015, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I've been around enough guys to have witnessed sloth mode. Pfft. How hard can that be? As a female (in my head), I have the ability to come up with ways to fix the world's problems while carrying on numerous conversations with myself. Compared to that, sloth mode would be a cake walk.

Ahh, but you admit you are thinking, Teddi, and thinking will be your downfall.  As a sloth we don't even think about thinking.  How can your thinking even begin to compare with our ability to not think.  Our whole lives evolve around not thinking, even when we are thinking, so when our minds are allowed to lapse into a  gelatinous mass of unthinking goo there is no thinking, and your thinking can't compare to our innate ability to not think.  Think about that!

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                              Nova Scotia
                              Canada
                              Member #9934
                              December 27, 2004
                              899 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2015, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I would like the attention from a big win. I would show all the negative people that have showed me disrespect. And prove that i was smart enough to succeed at whatever i set my mind too!

Page 5 of 13