Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you ready for the attention?

Topic closed. 184 replies. Last post 11 months ago by AlecWest.

Page 7 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY want to win a billion dollar jackpot?

Yes [ 79 ]  [70.54%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.50%]
Would rather share such a huge prize. [ 19 ]  [16.96%]
Total Valid Votes [ 112 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
815 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2015, 7:37 am - IP Logged

"Yes, I am the winner.  First and foremost, I would like everyone to know, I loathe the bureaucracy that has mandated this press conference be held.  I also am disappointed in the media who has disclosed the location of my home, and required me to flee for the safety of my family.  Now for questions:

That question can be answered from a previous interview with Todd Northrop.  Please go to lotterypost.com for the answer.  Next question...

That question can be answered from a previous interview with Mr. Northrop.  Please go to lotterypost.com for the answer.  Next...

That question can be answered from a previous interview with Northrop.  Please go to lotterypost.com for the answer.  One last question...

That question can be answered from a previous interview with Todd Northrop.  Please go to lotterypost.com for the answer.  That's all the time I have now.  Thank you.  Oh, one last thing... Yule Log."

Perfect!  I love it! Banana

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1183 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully, by then, state lotteries will allow winners to remain anonymous. But, if not, I would try to claim through a trust. Firstly, I would hire a good, ethical lawyer and find out what my options are. If I couldn't avoid publicity, I would certainly keep it too a minimum.

Good AND ethical lawyer? That's as rare as a unicorn. Choose a good lawyer or choose an ethical one. We might despise those lawyers who seem to be amoral, but they're the ones who go to the mat for their clients and keep slightly less amoral lawyers from taking you for everything you have. Think of them as the bad bacteria that live in your body that keep other bacteria from moving in and killing you.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
      Nova Scotia
      Canada
      Member #9934
      December 27, 2004
      884 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2016, 11:03 am - IP Logged

If i won alot of money, I'd finally be able to move and buy a house; get a vehicle, and help people and animal's.. I would love it!!

Alpharetta, GA
        United States
        Member #169547
        October 23, 2015
        123 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2016, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Taking a swipe at those who have been negative to you wouldn't be worth it imo. All those negative people would want a piece of your pie now. Lol.  Also it would be very bad karma to take such a wonderful positive blessing and spoil it with thoughts like that IMO.  I would try to be as quiet as possible and wish blessings on all of those negative people and be very thankful  :-)

that being said, safety is the issue 

Security would be Paramount.  Not even the money but safety.    Of course the kidnapping scenario is frightening.  I'm a mom and all of that $$ doesn't hold a candle to the treasure I have in my two boys. :)

Alpharetta, GA
          United States
          Member #169547
          October 23, 2015
          123 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2016, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Oh and I would do something completely ridiculous for my press conference... Like dress up in a disguise or costume in character or something equally silly.   I'm a terrible actress but I'd give it a go and try to act in character.  My family will not be in attendance To protect their identities. Lol

Romancandle's avatar - moon
            Upacreek
            United States
            Member #136306
            December 8, 2012
            428 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Perfect!  I love it! Banana

I second that...

-RC

Romancandle's avatar - moon
              Upacreek
              United States
              Member #136306
              December 8, 2012
              428 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2016, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Good AND ethical lawyer? That's as rare as a unicorn. Choose a good lawyer or choose an ethical one. We might despise those lawyers who seem to be amoral, but they're the ones who go to the mat for their clients and keep slightly less amoral lawyers from taking you for everything you have. Think of them as the bad bacteria that live in your body that keep other bacteria from moving in and killing you.

Ha Ha Good ethical lawyer...  just like finding an honest crook...

I'll be on my unicorn at the press conference while accepting my oversized check LOL

-RC

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1514 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2016, 6:46 am - IP Logged

You might fear the ordinary criminals but the real crooks dress in suits and ties. Be careful.Hiding Behind Computer

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                  USA
                  United States
                  Member #152799
                  February 25, 2014
                  1092 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2016, 10:40 am - IP Logged

That issue should definitely be addressed but you need to first win a sizable jackpot before worrying about something that is bound to drive you crazy. In the meantime it's always nice to dream.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2016, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Taking a swipe at those who have been negative to you wouldn't be worth it imo. All those negative people would want a piece of your pie now. Lol.  Also it would be very bad karma to take such a wonderful positive blessing and spoil it with thoughts like that IMO.  I would try to be as quiet as possible and wish blessings on all of those negative people and be very thankful  :-)

that being said, safety is the issue 

Security would be Paramount.  Not even the money but safety.    Of course the kidnapping scenario is frightening.  I'm a mom and all of that $$ doesn't hold a candle to the treasure I have in my two boys. :)

Taking a swipe at those who have been negative to you wouldn't be worth it imo.

I agree.  I wouldn't waste my time or emotional energy on payback.  I'd just wipe them out of my life and my memory and get on with living my wonderfully happy wealthy life.

Portland, OR
                      United States
                      Member #145973
                      August 20, 2013
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2016, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Sole winner.  Not shared.  I already have my plan and everything to claim it.  Makeover girl picked out and everything.  She will make me look like Richard Simmons.  Shorts and everything we gone looking for that dam Jack stud.  I'll be gay, energetic and originally from San Francisco when claiming that pot.  That after changing my name to John Smith OR Jose Gonzales, both very common names.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #64582
                        September 1, 2008
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2016, 9:19 am - IP Logged

If people ask why you changed your name:

"We're not doing it for the money.....we are doing it for a sh*tload of money!" (Spaceballs the movie)

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

United States
                          Member #170889
                          December 22, 2015
                          29 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2016, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I, for one wouldn't give in to kidnappers. Doing so would be an invitation to kidnap more family members.

Yea man you should thank the kidnapper ... that's one less mouth to feed hahah wow this guy.

Arizona
                            United States
                            Member #165073
                            March 24, 2015
                            220 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2016, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Make it clear at the press conference that while you will not pay ransom, you are perfectly willing to spend every cent of your winnings to hunt down the kidnappers.

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."

AlecWest's avatar - alec
                              Vader, Washington
                              United States
                              Member #29697
                              January 5, 2006
                              108 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2016, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Make it clear at the press conference that while you will not pay ransom, you are perfectly willing to spend every cent of your winnings to hunt down the kidnappers.

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."

I liked that 1996 Mel Gibson movie, too ("Ransom").  But it might not be necessary to go that far.  It's easier to avoid attention than most people think.  Click on my username to see my profile page.  The page gives a link to my "Lucky You" site dedicated to lottery winners who want to remain anonymous.  It's been online for over 10 years (really).

Page 7 of 13