Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2021, 3:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting winning numbers? Fact or fiction?

835 replies. Last post 22 hours ago by thepiman.

Page 21 of 56
PrintE-mailLink

Do you REALLY think it is possible to predict winning numbers?

With everything in me [ 113 ]  [76.87%]
Not a chance in the lower realm [ 34 ]  [23.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 14 ]  

Guests cannot vote  ( Log In | Register )

United States
Member #107240
March 4, 2011
1120 Posts

One quick update before a couple hours sleep and back at it. MAYBE I can get some input thoughts on the progress of this? Would be nice and appreciated.

Just did an eyeball tune with 13 years of stats from just Decembers draws of 2007-2019. 43 count ballset.

First photo is the amount of options it left to start with before filtering.

Second photo will be the results of just having the starting options in the workout area to choose from.

I do see that at least once in December of 2007 with starting options for picks 1-5 being 5 first, 9 second, 8 third, 7 fourth, 5 fifth.

So 403 draws for the month of December only, from 2007 to 2019 I had an average of starting options before further filtering as 6,9,13,8 and 7.

Of those 403 draws, I had the opportunity to hit 10 5 of 5's with those options. Twice in 2016, 2017 and 2018. 7 out of 13 months.

Was a total of 56 draws that a 4 of 5 opportunity was showing with no filtering and averaging 4 per month. A maximum of 9 times in 2016.

There was 222 times out of 403 that the first pick winning number showed up as an option. 185 times for the second, 199 for the third, 140 for the fourth and 221 times for the fifth.

That should show what's what in the photos so it can be understood as to what it's doing. If not, I can explain more if needed. And this is not a final tune. It's just a quick eyeball tune.

SO? Trash this idea or keep digging? Any thoughts?

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

Lincoln, California
    United States
    Member #167124
    June 27, 2015
    999 Posts

One quick update before a couple hours sleep and back at it. MAYBE I can get some input thoughts on the progress of this? Would be nice and appreciated.

Just did an eyeball tune with 13 years of stats from just Decembers draws of 2007-2019. 43 count ballset.

Second photo will be the results of just having the starting options in the workout area to choose from.

I do see that at least once in December of 2007 with starting options for picks 1-5 being 5 first, 9 second, 8 third, 7 fourth, 5 fifth.

So 403 draws for the month of December only, from 2007 to 2019 I had an average of starting options before further filtering as 6,9,13,8 and 7.

Of those 403 draws, I had the opportunity to hit 10 5 of 5's with those options. Twice in 2016, 2017 and 2018. 7 out of 13 months.

Was a total of 56 draws that a 4 of 5 opportunity was showing with no filtering and averaging 4 per month. A maximum of 9 times in 2016.

There was 222 times out of 403 that the first pick winning number showed up as an option. 185 times for the second, 199 for the third, 140 for the fourth and 221 times for the fifth.

That should show what's what in the photos so it can be understood as to what it's doing. If not, I can explain more if needed. And this is not a final tune. It's just a quick eyeball tune.

Greenfox

I am sitting here slightly confused about exactly what you are doing.  I am hopefully grasping a concept (although if may be a bit different than what yours is).  It appears to me that you are counting the Numbers by Position and Finding the % of the 43 numbers drawn in each one.  I am not at al understanding the percentage you are coming up with and definitely do not grasp the “Tuning” of Same.  Perhaps after running some games, It will reveal itself.

I am thinking that I can convert the Cycles File that I sent you a preliminary copy of to count by Position in addition to All Positions.  That will give me a count of all numbers by position and the percentage of the 43 numbers that have been present (by position) in each month of past draws.  With the Cycle File, I can set any number of games to count in a Round.  I am not sure this is what you are talking about, but as I sit here trying to figure out what to do next, I can here My Dad yelling “Do Something even If it is Wrong”.  So, I am going to go count for a while and see what happens.

I would say that your concept should be further developed.  I am not sure if what I am going to do is the same or even similar, but both are worth a look.

Allen

riscknight's avatar - 2
      Athens
      Greece
      Member #133230
      September 24, 2012
      209 Posts

Under no circumstances you 'trash it' Greenfox; I am pretty sure that other members will also tell you the same thing man. You're generating great results so far and you' re not done.

Think about it.

I'd rather ask for forgiveness instead of permission

6/49 dis(assembly)

United States
        Member #107240
        March 4, 2011
        1120 Posts

Under no circumstances you 'trash it' Greenfox; I am pretty sure that other members will also tell you the same thing man. You're generating great results so far and you' re not done.

Think about it.

BROTHER!

I don't think I could trash it. LOL. Even if it did nothing. I've put too much time and work into it. Can't just quit can we? ;)

You have a couple of e-mails. Supposed to have anyway. Held off on my PC wipe and re-install to get some work done.

Been waiting to hear what's good there!

THANK YOU risc!!

Hoping to hear from you soon!!

United States
          Member #107240
          March 4, 2011
          1120 Posts

Greenfox

I am sitting here slightly confused about exactly what you are doing.  I am hopefully grasping a concept (although if may be a bit different than what yours is).  It appears to me that you are counting the Numbers by Position and Finding the % of the 43 numbers drawn in each one.  I am not at al understanding the percentage you are coming up with and definitely do not grasp the “Tuning” of Same.  Perhaps after running some games, It will reveal itself.

I am thinking that I can convert the Cycles File that I sent you a preliminary copy of to count by Position in addition to All Positions.  That will give me a count of all numbers by position and the percentage of the 43 numbers that have been present (by position) in each month of past draws.  With the Cycle File, I can set any number of games to count in a Round.  I am not sure this is what you are talking about, but as I sit here trying to figure out what to do next, I can here My Dad yelling “Do Something even If it is Wrong”.  So, I am going to go count for a while and see what happens.

I would say that your concept should be further developed.  I am not sure if what I am going to do is the same or even similar, but both are worth a look.

Allen

Hey AB,

Without seeing this physically I couldn't even begin to explain it. It's such a drawn out process, I wouldn't begin to start as to how I've got it working.

What I'm posting on what needs to be done is for the ones that have this and can physically see it so they can look and know what I'm doing. The stats are just posted to see if I could get an idea from as many as possible and some of the more qualified experts so that I can get a visual in my mind as to how it's doing.

I wouldn't even start to explain how it works or the tuning. LOL. I really can't get into all that. It is many different variables is about all I can say.

I'm getting you a response right now. So hang tight.

United States
            Member #107240
            March 4, 2011
            1120 Posts

AB,

If you're having trouble posting pics with Imgur, before uploading there, set the automatic sizing to "message boards" size. (I think it's 640x480). Upload your image and let it finish. Click on the image in your gallery to bring it up and give you all your posting options. USE the "direct link" copy option to copy it to your clipboard. If posting on here, use the picture insert in your header when writing your post and paste that link into it from there. Once that's done, it will post it in your post and you can click on it to highlight it and drag corner squares to re-size as needed.

United States
              Member #203711
              January 14, 2020
              266 Posts

Hey Greenfox. I'm trying to get the gist of what you're doing here and I can tell you that there's no need to go back that far at all with tracking the numbers. All that is needed is to just keep track of recent draws.

United States
                Member #107240
                March 4, 2011
                1120 Posts

Hey Greenfox. I'm trying to get the gist of what you're doing here and I can tell you that there's no need to go back that far at all with tracking the numbers. All that is needed is to just keep track of recent draws.

Hey Pick3geniu$

What I'm doing here would be hard to get the gist of. I've not explained it other than some results of testing. There's 2 and possibly 3 other people on this planet that has an idea of what I'm really doing. This is for 5 and up draws. My pick 3 and 4 stuff only uses recent draws. The previous 2 draws actually. Got to dig a little deeper though for the others. If you're going to attempt what I am anyway. Recent draws is part of it, but it's much deeper than that to get what I'm looking for. Not just looking for a win here. What I'm looking for may be impossible, but I'll dig till I find it or leave this world. My mind's done set. Has been.

Best of luck to you, thank you and welcome!

United States
                  Member #203711
                  January 14, 2020
                  266 Posts

Hey Pick3geniu$

What I'm doing here would be hard to get the gist of. I've not explained it other than some results of testing. There's 2 and possibly 3 other people on this planet that has an idea of what I'm really doing. This is for 5 and up draws. My pick 3 and 4 stuff only uses recent draws. The previous 2 draws actually. Got to dig a little deeper though for the others. If you're going to attempt what I am anyway. Recent draws is part of it, but it's much deeper than that to get what I'm looking for. Not just looking for a win here. What I'm looking for may be impossible, but I'll dig till I find it or leave this world. My mind's done set. Has been.

Best of luck to you, thank you and welcome!

Thanks Greenfox. Well, I like to make my own luck and not rely much on just plain luck. But, good luck to you too with what you're trying to do.

Lincoln, California
                    United States
                    Member #167124
                    June 27, 2015
                    999 Posts

I have been running tests on a “System” on California Fantasy 5 that produces between 6000 and 8000 combinations per draw.   The “System” updates a Box (7 Numbers per Position) after Every Draw.  Duplicate Numbers are Eliminated by Position, but are allowed in more than 1 position in the Box.  The Wheel produces only Valid Combinations (5 different numbers).  I am using the previous 39 Draws, Counting how many Times a Number hits by Position and taking the top 7 hitters in each Position.  With Each Draw, it calculates 12 39 Game Cycles.  In the Chart Below you will find the Cycle Set for Each Position.  Under each Cycle is the percentage of draws that had the correct number in each Position.  To the left is the number of Jackpots in 109 Games with the corresponding Cycle Settings.  So far it turns out that the most 5 jackpots (7) happen when the all 5 Cycles are set to 1 (the most recent 39 Game Round).  Setting the First Position Cycle to 9 or 11 also hits 7 Jackpots in 109 Draws. It also looks like the Games with a Jackpot are the Same for these 3 Cycle Series 1-1-1-1-1, 9-1-1-1-1, 11-1-1-1-1.  I have run a few more Cycle Mixes, but I have not found one that hits better than the 3 Top hitters so far.  I am not done.  I will try a few more and see if anything improves.

1 Thru 7

Cycles

Hit 5

37%

57%

50%

25%

73%

Hit 5

36%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

40%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

36%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

33%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

39%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

39%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

35%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

38%

58%

51%

50%

73%

I have not been able to get Position 1 above 40%.  Position 5 is running at 73%.

There are from 3 to 37 (4 Hit Combinations) in 57% of the 109 Draws.

The resulting combinations are not yet Filtered to reduce the Original Pool.

I have a Followers Calculation that has not been that successful, but If one of those routines can Improve the Position 1 % I plan to put those numbers in Position 1 and hopefully pick up a Few more Jackpots in the Large Pool.

United States
                      Member #107240
                      March 4, 2011
                      1120 Posts

Thanks Greenfox. Well, I like to make my own luck and not rely much on just plain luck. But, good luck to you too with what you're trying to do.

You're doing the same thing I am P3G. I'm trying to see just how much luck I can make.

And good luck to you!

United States
                        Member #107240
                        March 4, 2011
                        1120 Posts

I have been running tests on a “System” on California Fantasy 5 that produces between 6000 and 8000 combinations per draw.   The “System” updates a Box (7 Numbers per Position) after Every Draw.  Duplicate Numbers are Eliminated by Position, but are allowed in more than 1 position in the Box.  The Wheel produces only Valid Combinations (5 different numbers).  I am using the previous 39 Draws, Counting how many Times a Number hits by Position and taking the top 7 hitters in each Position.  With Each Draw, it calculates 12 39 Game Cycles.  In the Chart Below you will find the Cycle Set for Each Position.  Under each Cycle is the percentage of draws that had the correct number in each Position.  To the left is the number of Jackpots in 109 Games with the corresponding Cycle Settings.  So far it turns out that the most 5 jackpots (7) happen when the all 5 Cycles are set to 1 (the most recent 39 Game Round).  Setting the First Position Cycle to 9 or 11 also hits 7 Jackpots in 109 Draws. It also looks like the Games with a Jackpot are the Same for these 3 Cycle Series 1-1-1-1-1, 9-1-1-1-1, 11-1-1-1-1.  I have run a few more Cycle Mixes, but I have not found one that hits better than the 3 Top hitters so far.  I am not done.  I will try a few more and see if anything improves.

1 Thru 7

Cycles

Hit 5

37%

57%

50%

25%

73%

Hit 5

36%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

40%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

36%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

33%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

39%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

39%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

35%

58%

51%

50%

73%

Hit 5

38%

58%

51%

50%

73%

I have not been able to get Position 1 above 40%.  Position 5 is running at 73%.

There are from 3 to 37 (4 Hit Combinations) in 57% of the 109 Draws.

The resulting combinations are not yet Filtered to reduce the Original Pool.

I have a Followers Calculation that has not been that successful, but If one of those routines can Improve the Position 1 % I plan to put those numbers in Position 1 and hopefully pick up a Few more Jackpots in the Large Pool.

Good to see you still going at it AB. Not sure what you got going on there, (brain is fried dealing with these Windows 10 problems and trying to work).

Keep at it though.

United States
                          Member #107240
                          March 4, 2011
                          1120 Posts

Ok. Finally got to get some work done without redoing and redoing and redoing. I'm guessing this 1909 update for Windows 10 was my problem. Must have been. As soon as I typed that, I got a notification on that. How weird.

Anyway, I'm seeing that by doing this in months instead of straight forward game to game, that there is differences in the months and I will have to set it up to adjust differently for each month. That will be no big deal to make that happen. I just need to be able to get all my months stats done. Not having OS problems will make that possible.

It's crazy how certain months will do something that others do not. Going game to game I already ran stats on and the difference is amazing when looking at it this way. It is completely different. Completely. I ran every game from January through this since 2007. 2007 stats are useless in this because I have to have so many games to make this work correctly, but they are ran also. So the stats will be just for January of 2008, 2009, 2010 all the way through 2019 for what I'm posting now. This is just for starting pool with no filtering of even/odd, up or down or anything else. Just as small of a pool that I can get with as many hits/wins as possible per month. Setting the percentages on January is completely different than it is for the other months I've done. Each have been different so far.

I did a "tune" on January but nothing other than a 2 decimal point tune. This will be able to go with as many decimal points as Excel will handle and/or is needed. (For future reference on all of this.) But I tuned it with a 2 decimal point starting point. Each position at a different percentage and here was the results.

For starting pool, per position it showed: (This is average options out of 12 years worth of January draws.) 8 options for the first, 11 options for the second, 12 options for the third, 12 options for the fourth and 8 options for the fifth. No filtering done at this point. That would be the next steps to cut it on down.

Here is the complete run of options for each January from 2008 to 2019.

#1 #2  #3   #4  #5
                           6   10   8    11   7     2008   
                           7   11   12   9    6     2009   
                           8   13   12  11   8     2010   
                           8   10   13  10   8     2011   
                           8   10   12  12   8     2012   
                           8   11   13  12   8     2013
                           8   10   12  12   7     2014
                           8   10   12  12   7     2015
                           8   11   12  12   7     2016
                           8   12   12  14   10   2017
                           8   13   13  14   10   2018
                           8   14   13  15   12   2019

With these options per pick it showed:

Minimum                   
                          0  5 of 5 
                          2  4 of 5 
                          6  3 of 5 
                          5  2 of 5 
                          3  1 of 5

11  Hits #1
                          10  Hits #2
                          9    Hits #3
                          8    Hits #4
                          14  Hits #5

Maximum
                          5    5 of 5
                          10  4 of 5
                          11  3 of 5
                          14  2 of 5
                          8    1 of 5

26 Hits #1
                          21 Hits #2
                          20 Hits #3
                          17 Hits #4
                          25 Hits #5

Average
                          2   5 of 5
                          6   4 of 5
                          10 3 of 5
                          8   2 of 5
                          5   1 of 5

19 Hits #1
                          16 Hits #2
                          15 Hits #3
                          15 Hits #4
                          21 Hits #5

This was the full run of win opportunities and hits per position for every January of the period.

1/20081/20091/20101/20111/20121/20131/20141/20151/20161/20171/20181/2019
                          013121222154 5 of 5
                          3566875281079 4 of 5
                          116111110111011109117 3 of 5
                          71479681195658 2 of 5
                          854334376533 1 of 5

111826181818191921182020 Hits #1
                          101421141717141317162019 Hits #2
                          91810201116191315151716 Hits #3
                          15813171715171414161716 Hits #4
                          221820142420161721242525 Hits #5
                            Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                            700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
                            United States
                            Member #200645
                            September 1, 2019
                            749 Posts

Ok. Finally got to get some work done without redoing and redoing and redoing. I'm guessing this 1909 update for Windows 10 was my problem. Must have been. As soon as I typed that, I got a notification on that. How weird.

Anyway, I'm seeing that by doing this in months instead of straight forward game to game, that there is differences in the months and I will have to set it up to adjust differently for each month. That will be no big deal to make that happen. I just need to be able to get all my months stats done. Not having OS problems will make that possible.

It's crazy how certain months will do something that others do not. Going game to game I already ran stats on and the difference is amazing when looking at it this way. It is completely different. Completely. I ran every game from January through this since 2007. 2007 stats are useless in this because I have to have so many games to make this work correctly, but they are ran also. So the stats will be just for January of 2008, 2009, 2010 all the way through 2019 for what I'm posting now. This is just for starting pool with no filtering of even/odd, up or down or anything else. Just as small of a pool that I can get with as many hits/wins as possible per month. Setting the percentages on January is completely different than it is for the other months I've done. Each have been different so far.

I did a "tune" on January but nothing other than a 2 decimal point tune. This will be able to go with as many decimal points as Excel will handle and/or is needed. (For future reference on all of this.) But I tuned it with a 2 decimal point starting point. Each position at a different percentage and here was the results.

For starting pool, per position it showed: (This is average options out of 12 years worth of January draws.) 8 options for the first, 11 options for the second, 12 options for the third, 12 options for the fourth and 8 options for the fifth. No filtering done at this point. That would be the next steps to cut it on down.

Here is the complete run of options for each January from 2008 to 2019.

#1 #2  #3   #4  #5
                             6   10   8    11   7     2008   
                             7   11   12   9    6     2009   
                             8   13   12  11   8     2010   
                             8   10   13  10   8     2011   
                             8   10   12  12   8     2012   
                             8   11   13  12   8     2013
                             8   10   12  12   7     2014
                             8   10   12  12   7     2015
                             8   11   12  12   7     2016
                             8   12   12  14   10   2017
                             8   13   13  14   10   2018
                             8   14   13  15   12   2019

With these options per pick it showed:

Minimum                   
                            0  5 of 5 
                            2  4 of 5 
                            6  3 of 5 
                            5  2 of 5 
                            3  1 of 5

11  Hits #1
                            10  Hits #2
                            9    Hits #3
                            8    Hits #4
                            14  Hits #5

Maximum
                            5    5 of 5
                            10  4 of 5
                            11  3 of 5
                            14  2 of 5
                            8    1 of 5

26 Hits #1
                            21 Hits #2
                            20 Hits #3
                            17 Hits #4
                            25 Hits #5

Average
                            2   5 of 5
                            6   4 of 5
                            10 3 of 5
                            8   2 of 5
                            5   1 of 5

19 Hits #1
                            16 Hits #2
                            15 Hits #3
                            15 Hits #4
                            21 Hits #5

This was the full run of win opportunities and hits per position for every January of the period.

1/20081/20091/20101/20111/20121/20131/20141/20151/20161/20171/20181/2019
                            013121222154 5 of 5
                            3566875281079 4 of 5
                            116111110111011109117 3 of 5
                            71479681195658 2 of 5
                            854334376533 1 of 5

111826181818191921182020 Hits #1
                            101421141717141317162019 Hits #2
                            91810201116191315151716 Hits #3
                            15813171715171414161716 Hits #4
                            221820142420161721242525 Hits #5

Question?...

Theses Stats?... are these the findings AFTER chronological order of the numbers ?, or before?...and what Game are these findings from?

-Stat$talker

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

United States
                              Member #107240
                              March 4, 2011
                              1120 Posts

Question?...

Theses Stats?... are these the findings AFTER chronological order of the numbers ?, or before?...and what Game are these findings from?

-Stat$talker

What's up Stat,

The way that this works, chronological order is irrelevant. It is simply from the draws as they have happened from day to day. You can run it forwards or backwards and still get the same test results. This is not just stats of each January without factoring in all the previous draws into it. You'll only get the wrong answers if you don't factor it all in. I designed this test, like this whole thing, so that I can jump into it from any point and start testing. I can start testing from any point of the draws by typing "=" into a cell, selecting the date in the draws, and dragging up to included however many dates I want to test. A little thinking and planning goes a long way.

This is the NC Cash 5.

Page 21 of 56